• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 03:22
CEST 09:22
KST 16:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8585 users

Newbie Student Mafia XXVIII - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 18 2018 21:08 GMT
#188
On January 19 2018 06:04 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2018 05:11 darthfoley wrote:
Perhaps i'll town read HF for seeing what I see. But he's good enough to do that as either alignment. I shall come back to this later.

Town: Twat/Rels


So you're saying you like what I said but it's pretty nai?


+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 18 2018 22:14 GMT
#196
On January 19 2018 07:12 rsoultin wrote:
Blah phone posting. HF is adding nothing while egging some things on and pissing on others. Which if he is scum and that's a lovely ego stroke to catch him early, is super interesting.

Dismissing suspicion on df, throwing inscrutable shade on mocsta, cheering on a Damdred lynch that would probably be a town lynch.


How have I added nothing? I started this damdred train and I dislike Mocsta's posts because he STILL has added nothing to the game.

Damdred has basically confirmed himself mafia in my eyes. You don't agree with the call out and downplay it as if he noticed it. No way on earth.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 18 2018 22:18 GMT
#198
On January 19 2018 07:12 KelsierSC wrote:
I will try to organise my thoughts in a concise why.

Main issue is the damdred discussion. The impression I get is that damerion has a meta read that he is very proud of but in those situations you have to be careful not to get too excited and see the read everywhere. I think this may be the case, especially with how early he came out with it. I believe damerion mentioned damdred going on df with "ferocity". That's where he lost if for me. I didn't see damdred being ferocious at all. In fact I didn't feel he was really pushing a scum read that hard.

I don't know where I have damdred, he has done things I like and things I don't like. For damerion...Is he misguided overeager town or scum...probably over eager town.


I think Twaty and rsoultin are both town. I've agreed with most everything that Tina has said and I knew she would like costa. They both post in similair style. Costa's enthusiasm is enough for a tone read pass D1.

my scummy reads come from people who agree on the damdred wagon when they should probably know better. I think hf questioning damdred on his df and costa both being scum was bad. To me that was a guy giving two people who in his opinion have made questionable posts. Not considering partners at that stage. Rels is similar as a guy who has popped up with some one liners and then latched onto this damdred read.

I don't like Mderg I think his disappointment at the thread felt fake and his 10 page hf point was not my experience of hf at all. In general I have disagreed with almost everything he said apart from his agreement that damerion is just too aggro. So I could see Mderg knowing both damdred and damerion are town and trying to get some credit later...maybe im just biased with that .

Right now i'd lynch HF, rels, Mderg and prplhz because his 2 day afk is just bullshit.

I like kmatt but just because his 4d chess comment was really funny.

Sorry this turned into a ramble.


What a pile of drivel. Where did Damerion say damdred was ferocious against df? Not even a single mention of damdred's reaction to it.

The thing that bugs me the most is you literally say Damerion posts are wrong WHEN DAMDRED HAS AGREED WITH THEM.

This guy should absolutely be a lynch. I'm his fucking scum read for questioning damdred on his df and mocsta reads but twat did the exact same thing like a post before me and is town?


Noopppppp
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 18 2018 22:31 GMT
#204
On January 19 2018 07:22 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2018 07:14 Holyflare wrote:
On January 19 2018 07:12 rsoultin wrote:
Blah phone posting. HF is adding nothing while egging some things on and pissing on others. Which if he is scum and that's a lovely ego stroke to catch him early, is super interesting.

Dismissing suspicion on df, throwing inscrutable shade on mocsta, cheering on a Damdred lynch that would probably be a town lynch.


How have I added nothing? I started this damdred train and I dislike Mocsta's posts because he STILL has added nothing to the game.

Damdred has basically confirmed himself mafia in my eyes. You don't agree with the call out and downplay it as if he noticed it. No way on earth.


-snorts- damerion started the Damdred train. And your point is honestly retarded if you actually believe it. You think scum Damdred says yes this meta point that only you've noticed or mentioned is right but I only now just changed it, rather than ignore it or shrug it off as wrong? It's not even that this is your argument, it's that you see it like a smoking gun, apparently.

And it wasn't even pointed out by you first.


I think he thinks Damerion is an extremely good player that caught him and he panic responded absolutely.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 18 2018 23:02 GMT
#213
On January 19 2018 07:38 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2018 07:31 Holyflare wrote:
On January 19 2018 07:22 rsoultin wrote:
On January 19 2018 07:14 Holyflare wrote:
On January 19 2018 07:12 rsoultin wrote:
Blah phone posting. HF is adding nothing while egging some things on and pissing on others. Which if he is scum and that's a lovely ego stroke to catch him early, is super interesting.

Dismissing suspicion on df, throwing inscrutable shade on mocsta, cheering on a Damdred lynch that would probably be a town lynch.


How have I added nothing? I started this damdred train and I dislike Mocsta's posts because he STILL has added nothing to the game.

Damdred has basically confirmed himself mafia in my eyes. You don't agree with the call out and downplay it as if he noticed it. No way on earth.


-snorts- damerion started the Damdred train. And your point is honestly retarded if you actually believe it. You think scum Damdred says yes this meta point that only you've noticed or mentioned is right but I only now just changed it, rather than ignore it or shrug it off as wrong? It's not even that this is your argument, it's that you see it like a smoking gun, apparently.

And it wasn't even pointed out by you first.


I think he thinks Damerion is an extremely good player that caught him and he panic responded absolutely.


...I have no way to gauge the veracity of that as I don't know damerion from Adam and I agree that he looks confirmation biased, with whoever said that who I've forgotten.

I'm not even sure if you would believe Damdred could panic like that or not...I've never really seen that reaction from him that I can recall.

I don't think the read is right though and sont like your piggyback. I need you to genuinely play if you're town and stop being a lazy ass.


And like I said to the previous drivel that kelsier posted. How can you ever state the read is wrong when the player themselves acknowledged it's correct. I can't even fathom the mindset.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 18 2018 23:03 GMT
#214
On January 19 2018 07:43 KelsierSC wrote:
HF do you have any thoughts on BDTD or rels?


No.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 19 2018 08:04 GMT
#252
On January 19 2018 15:53 rsoultin wrote:
Let me try to explain why this is nonsense. Damerion lays down a long meta read, including damdred's method of looking for town d1 to narrow down to a scumread (which is true but disregards that this does not preclude Damdred from also getting slight scumreads) and adds this valley girl point:

He gets excited and uses like a lot! He's not doing that. Must be scum.

Damdred: I noticed that and have been tryin to change it.

Holyflare: you admitted to saying like a lot when you're town and you're not doing it! Scum claim!

While I can see the coincidence being suspicious hf's response is entirely disingenuous. There is no way that he thinks this makes Damdred slam dunk scum. He is not retarded.


I didn't care about the meta read. I didn't even give it any weight at all. Damdred's responses are what clinched it. It's such a fucking random thing to coincidentally notice within the last one game that he's played with Damerion when Damerion has never mentioned it at all. It looks like Damdred gets caught on the back foot from a guy he puts a lot of weight on his reads on and then flails. "oh lol I know about that and I'm changing it despite nobody ever mentioning it ever and me playing for 5 years but somehow I realised it within 1 game with playing with you despite you not uttering a word of it"

That's so unbelievably farfetched I can't understand how anyone can brush it off.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 19 2018 08:09 GMT
#254
And just because I'm not posting much or am sitting along and antagonising doesn't make me mafia. It's disingenuous to say I'm one of the best players on the site (I'd argue I'm only good at playing mafia) so I'm mafia for being underwhelming and not responding. That's a bad read.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 19 2018 08:10 GMT
#255
In fact I am almost 100% sure you used the same read on me last time?
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 19 2018 08:12 GMT
#256
On January 19 2018 17:10 Holyflare wrote:
In fact I am almost 100% sure you used the same read on me last time?


Maybe not you. Someone definitely uttered those words though.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 19 2018 08:31 GMT
#260
On January 19 2018 17:12 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2018 17:04 Holyflare wrote:
On January 19 2018 15:53 rsoultin wrote:
Let me try to explain why this is nonsense. Damerion lays down a long meta read, including damdred's method of looking for town d1 to narrow down to a scumread (which is true but disregards that this does not preclude Damdred from also getting slight scumreads) and adds this valley girl point:

He gets excited and uses like a lot! He's not doing that. Must be scum.

Damdred: I noticed that and have been tryin to change it.

Holyflare: you admitted to saying like a lot when you're town and you're not doing it! Scum claim!

While I can see the coincidence being suspicious hf's response is entirely disingenuous. There is no way that he thinks this makes Damdred slam dunk scum. He is not retarded.


I didn't care about the meta read. I didn't even give it any weight at all. Damdred's responses are what clinched it. It's such a fucking random thing to coincidentally notice within the last one game that he's played with Damerion when Damerion has never mentioned it at all. It looks like Damdred gets caught on the back foot from a guy he puts a lot of weight on his reads on and then flails. "oh lol I know about that and I'm changing it despite nobody ever mentioning it ever and me playing for 5 years but somehow I realised it within 1 game with playing with you despite you not uttering a word of it"

That's so unbelievably farfetched I can't understand how anyone can brush it off.


It doesn't make sense as a scum response, holyflare. Panic response doesn't explain it and unpanicked response explains it even less.

I get its weirdly coincidental but it's just obviously not believable.


You're wrong. So very wrong. Panic absolutely explains it. He knows Damerion can just look at past games and prove it so he has to make a really unbelievable excuse.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 19 2018 08:32 GMT
#261
On January 19 2018 17:14 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2018 17:09 Holyflare wrote:
And just because I'm not posting much or am sitting along and antagonising doesn't make me mafia. It's disingenuous to say I'm one of the best players on the site (I'd argue I'm only good at playing mafia) so I'm mafia for being underwhelming and not responding. That's a bad read.

Lol what?

I expect you to want to figure out my alignment and work with me. I don't require you to be superman.

Nor do I believe for an instant that you don't consider yourself a good town player. When did that happen?


I used to be very good sure.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 19 2018 08:36 GMT
#262
I don't care about figuring your alignment out. My new playstyle is find mafia read push and evaluate everyone based on flip. Don't have time nor care about anything else. Hence why I haven't made any comment on anyone other than my scum reads and about twat agreeing with my thoughts at the time.

A lot of people have an opposite opinion on damdred despite him still not providing anything useful or damdred-y. Every post he posts reminds me of Donald Trump speaking in that it's a lot of pomp and no substance.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 19 2018 08:38 GMT
#263
Enough about me. I'm pretty sure you had damdred at suspicious so quote exactly what has changed your mind?
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 19 2018 08:39 GMT
#264
I also absolutely do not share the opinion that df has done enough either. This guy gets regularly shot n1.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 19 2018 09:01 GMT
#268
On January 19 2018 17:48 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2018 17:39 Holyflare wrote:
I also absolutely do not share the opinion that df has done enough either. This guy gets regularly shot n1.


I just tunneled him before incorrectly and dont trust my eh feel about him.

-squints at- Maaaybe I could believe your gameplay has changed. It hadn't in my last scum game but that was awhile ago. I can kinda see your Damdred thing now...I just find it weird that Ian would even know he said like as town and not as scum.

Someone used smiley percentages to read me and I had no clue if that was right or not. Who counts how many times they say like? So I find it a weird thing for scum to panic about.

And if he didn't panic that response doesn't make sense.


I don't believe he knows that as EITHER alignment. If Damerion is town and Damdred is mafia then Damdred knows categorically that Damerion isn't lying and so it must be true. Or at least he thinks it to be true. This is why the only correct response as town is to say "well your meta is wrong then" whereas his response is to acknowledge it's true and that he's changing it conveniently. It's sheer mafia survival and panic.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 19 2018 09:14 GMT
#269
On January 19 2018 18:01 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2018 17:48 rsoultin wrote:
On January 19 2018 17:39 Holyflare wrote:
I also absolutely do not share the opinion that df has done enough either. This guy gets regularly shot n1.


I just tunneled him before incorrectly and dont trust my eh feel about him.

-squints at- Maaaybe I could believe your gameplay has changed. It hadn't in my last scum game but that was awhile ago. I can kinda see your Damdred thing now...I just find it weird that Ian would even know he said like as town and not as scum.

Someone used smiley percentages to read me and I had no clue if that was right or not. Who counts how many times they say like? So I find it a weird thing for scum to panic about.

And if he didn't panic that response doesn't make sense.


I don't believe he knows that as EITHER alignment. If Damerion is town and Damdred is mafia then Damdred knows categorically that Damerion isn't lying and so it must be true. Or at least he thinks it to be true. This is why the only correct response as town is to say "well your meta is wrong then" whereas his response is to acknowledge it's true and that he's changing it conveniently. It's sheer mafia survival and panic.


Also to further add to that if Damdred did do that and realised as town I don't think he makes his town game more unnatural and removes it. He should add it to his mafia play.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 19 2018 10:08 GMT
#277
The posts you link to damdred being calm and town he's absolutely capable (and has) as mafia. I agree his posts are calm and collected, and like I said, don't really do anything other than try and manipulate people's impression of his standing. It's just that one specific post in response to Damerion that is the panicked one and makes him mafia.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 19 2018 10:39 GMT
#281
We'll just agree to disagree on Damdred and then I'll be right.
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 19 2018 12:06 GMT
#298
On January 19 2018 20:00 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2018 19:49 KelsierSC wrote:
Though I disagree with HF on his damdred read, I do want to see more from damdred this day.

Reading through HF's explanation. I could understand that if you were reading a guy as scummy from before. (due to his df/mcosta read) then with that biased you could see his response as panicked.

I thought about the perspective of if I was scum HF/Rels. I think my initial interpretation was wrong.I don't think scum HF and Rels jump on this case and call it good. Especially Rels , if damdred flips town he looks super shady.

I think if Damdred is town then you just soft defend him , in the way I have done tbh, and then look for some random lynch later on, if damdred is lynched then a town goes down and you look good.

I think Mderg did that and maybe df but i'm not 100%.

with btdt I liked something he did early, mentioning the bad read on hf and he read rsoultin as town so I gave him a few plus points. I didn't like his Mcosta is weird with a massive quote post , i'd need to see more though.

At this point i'd lynch between mderg, maybe df then prplhz,kmatt and btdt need to put more into the thread.




To be fair, I think scumRels would be way more likely to do that if there was an alternative lynch going, which there wasn't. It still felt like a half-assed drive-by shooting but I can't say that it makes him scum.

Not feeling a mderg lynch. It's not sparkly but I get a little swimming against the current and a little waffley not sure not sure from his filter that just feels towny to me. Not my strongest read, of course, but I'd rather not lynch him.

Meeeh btdt's filter is just so weak for me. Hold on. I already forgot specifics.


I too get a ray of hope from mderg.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 16 17 18 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 38m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
EnDerr 2
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 2720
Rain 1822
FanTaSy 507
GuemChi 294
sSak 90
Mong 67
Bale 35
Hm[arnc] 28
ajuk12(nOOB) 17
Noble 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm163
League of Legends
JimRising 563
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King186
Other Games
summit1g7852
olofmeister400
Happy157
KnowMe133
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick727
BasetradeTV175
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki27
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2222
League of Legends
• Rush1216
• Lourlo1145
• Stunt467
Other Games
• Shiphtur911
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
2h 38m
INu's Battles
3h 38m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
5h 38m
OSC
14h 53m
Replay Cast
15h 38m
OSC
1d 15h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.