• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 04:38
CEST 10:38
KST 17:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)54Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8514 users

[M][N] A Simple Game of Mafia - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
December 13 2017 16:53 GMT
#636
On December 14 2017 01:49 Kmatt wrote:
I was thinking between Palmar and Forumite one of them is scum. I think I can get behind Palmar at this point, Forumite being town makes a lot more sense to me.

Did you just pick two random names and decide that one and only one is scum?
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
December 13 2017 17:00 GMT
#643
On December 14 2017 01:58 VisceraEyes wrote:
<3

I can't sleep boys, I think I'm going to play Overwatch. I'm pleased with the state of the game. I can't wait to lynch HF tomorrow and not Forumite.

GL hf!
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
December 13 2017 17:55 GMT
#662
On December 14 2017 02:49 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2017 02:42 Conversion wrote:
On December 14 2017 02:29 Grackaroni wrote:
On December 14 2017 02:19 Koshi wrote:
On December 14 2017 02:04 Grackaroni wrote:
Ok I did a quick reread of Conversion's scum play in the last newbie. I think the difference between his play in that game and in this game is really night and day. Do a quick read for yourself.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/527379-newbie-student-mafia-xxvii?user=Conversion

In that game his reads are a lot more indecisive. He gives a list of wishy washy reads and whenever he gives a read on somebody that isn't a town read he adds a qualifier for why his read may be wrong.

In this game he calls out things that he doesn't like about DF, Forumite's and Arya's play right off the bat without reservation.

On December 12 2017 08:14 Conversion wrote:
On December 12 2017 08:11 Arya321 wrote:
BTW Setup talk is a dumb thnig to speculate now since we should just focus on pure scum hunting.


this isn't a great post. of course we should scum hunt, but that doesn't mean setup talk isn't scum hunting

also there's like 1 page of content, so we can't really do much else until people bleed in

On December 12 2017 12:21 Conversion wrote:
On December 12 2017 12:16 Arya321 wrote:
On December 12 2017 12:04 Conversion wrote:
On December 12 2017 12:00 darthfoley wrote:
On December 12 2017 11:35 Conversion wrote:
you won last game


I did. It was not as glorious as advertised


ya but why would you tell people palmar led "us" to utter defeat last game, when you won?

i think he means he led town to utter defeat? Just not worded right I think.


from someone who would point out my usage of a nonexistent word (irregardless), I'm going to not give him the benefit of the doubt on wording something poorly. DF knew what he was typing-- a rather poor attempt to joke around and look townie by saying Palmar led "us" to defeat. I also asked DF, not you for your interpretation

why aren't you pressing anyone even with some new entrances/some content to buzz around for someone who seems so eager about scumhunting?

On December 12 2017 23:53 Conversion wrote:
the way I see Oats is he makes a lot of weird aggressive posts early. it's what he does after that matters more (when I was mafia w/ him he opened the same way, but then starting being more passive)

what's your opinion on Forumite? I don't like the soft questioning he(she?) is doing without giving away reads unless asked



I think the chances of Conversion being scum are really quite low.


Hmm. Does that mean I am bad?

It probably makes one of HF/DF mafia more likely.


this is more interesting than my between DF/Koshi read, but idk if mafia!HF would expose himself so much by sheeping onto a town lynch like that. even in my head between DF/Koshi DF is way more likely to flip mafia if I go under the assumption that one person in the "Conv is mafia" case is mafia

can you explain your DF/HF split?

It's just from the main pushers of your lynch being Koshi/DF/HF and thinking that Koshi is town.

Kind of agree, I think HolyFlare sort of piggy bagged on that read and tried to take credit for work where none was due. Kind of thinking Oatsmaster/Kmart/HolyFlare but the last scum could be pretty much anybody.

When is deadline? I though it was in like six hours.
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
December 13 2017 19:49 GMT
#701
Who is here?
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
December 13 2017 20:51 GMT
#787
Is there anything better than a red flip even if you didn't have much to do with it? Almost makes up for having to play from a phone.
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
December 13 2017 20:52 GMT
#789
Joshi did nothing for this lynch.
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
December 13 2017 20:53 GMT
#792
On December 14 2017 05:50 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2017 01:19 Palmar wrote:
I actually kinda like killing Oats, his filter is way worse than I thought. I gave him a tentative town read for calling koshi trash, but there's nothing that stops mafia from saying things that are true.

His filter is basically empty.

Palmar longest post. Probably cuz teammates.

He wrote a long ass case on Forumite, you can't have missed that.
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
December 13 2017 20:55 GMT
#799
On December 14 2017 05:52 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2017 05:52 prplhz wrote:
Joshi did nothing for this lynch.

I respectfully disagree.

The only thing you did was say "you guys can vote for oats if you want, I'm going for Palmer" after having pushed conversion all day
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
December 13 2017 20:57 GMT
#803
This lynch notably just kind of happened though.
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
December 13 2017 21:15 GMT
#810
On December 14 2017 06:11 Conversion wrote:
Is anyone here? we are all AFKing until day?

Kind of. Trying to figure out what happened.
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
December 13 2017 21:25 GMT
#824
I think railroading Palmar on N1 is a pretty horrible idea.
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
December 13 2017 21:28 GMT
#828
On December 14 2017 06:27 Conversion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2017 06:25 prplhz wrote:
I think railroading Palmar on N1 is a pretty horrible idea.


What is this term, railroading?

It's like, just deciding on lynching him already. Let's talk about it during the day and not give scum information to work on.
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
December 13 2017 21:33 GMT
#835
On December 14 2017 06:28 darthfoley wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2017 06:25 prplhz wrote:
I think railroading Palmar on N1 is a pretty horrible idea.


I feel like I've seen you make some good two liner posts about people, but i'm not really sure where you stand on the game as a whole. Enlighten me, especially after your lynch person flipped scum

I think it's not as clear as you say in your big post. The conversion lynch was pushed hard but never gained traction. So I don't think it makes sense to say scum could have gone for him instead. Same about Forumite. I think this lynch just kind of happened and no one really knows why.

I feel like the game is not just following Joshis list.
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
December 13 2017 21:33 GMT
#836
On December 14 2017 06:32 darthfoley wrote:
I still don't know what VE has done this game besides use caps lock too much

He made the first big post on Oats.
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
December 13 2017 21:36 GMT
#842
I think darthfoley is town but I'm kind of undecided on everybody else. I actually still like Kmart for scum.
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
December 13 2017 21:37 GMT
#843
On December 14 2017 06:36 darthfoley wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2017 06:34 Conversion wrote:
On December 13 2017 23:58 VisceraEyes wrote:
Ugh the double feel when Kmatt and Conversion are the only other currently viable wagons to Palmar.

Maybe I'll make it a ballgame and vote on Oatsmaster with Forumite. I think I'll make it a ballgame and vote on Oatsmaster with Forumite. Because I think Oatsmaster is more likely than not mafia and I'm pretty nullz0rz on Palmar yet.

##Unvote
##Vote: Oatsmaster


Palmar said something about me talking myself into voting him earlier, thinking I'm scum for it. It's this new thing I'm doing where I kinda just explain shittily my shitty thought process. Again. Haters can eat giant bags of dicks.

Also there's this kinda stink in the thread about me being "forced townie" or something? I don't know, it's still all dumb to me, it all just smacks of "looks town = mafia" to me, so I'm just going to continue to not really do anything about it but what I'm doing because....I still don't have any votes on me.

NIGHT TL!!!



I hardly consider this a big post. It's like 2 lines about Oats tbh

Yea that's right, but it looks like it's a bit post about Oats.
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
December 13 2017 21:39 GMT
#845
On December 14 2017 06:38 darthfoley wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2017 06:33 prplhz wrote:
On December 14 2017 06:28 darthfoley wrote:
On December 14 2017 06:25 prplhz wrote:
I think railroading Palmar on N1 is a pretty horrible idea.


I feel like I've seen you make some good two liner posts about people, but i'm not really sure where you stand on the game as a whole. Enlighten me, especially after your lynch person flipped scum

I think it's not as clear as you say in your big post. The conversion lynch was pushed hard but never gained traction. So I don't think it makes sense to say scum could have gone for him instead. Same about Forumite. I think this lynch just kind of happened and no one really knows why.

I feel like the game is not just following Joshis list.


I kinda feel like mafia bussed Oats and then it got out of control and they couldn't back off of it

I can kind of agree with this.
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
December 13 2017 21:40 GMT
#846
It's what I was thinking when I didn't know what I was thinking.
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
December 13 2017 21:48 GMT
#853
On December 14 2017 06:46 Conversion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2017 06:38 darthfoley wrote:
On December 14 2017 06:33 prplhz wrote:
On December 14 2017 06:28 darthfoley wrote:
On December 14 2017 06:25 prplhz wrote:
I think railroading Palmar on N1 is a pretty horrible idea.


I feel like I've seen you make some good two liner posts about people, but i'm not really sure where you stand on the game as a whole. Enlighten me, especially after your lynch person flipped scum

I think it's not as clear as you say in your big post. The conversion lynch was pushed hard but never gained traction. So I don't think it makes sense to say scum could have gone for him instead. Same about Forumite. I think this lynch just kind of happened and no one really knows why.

I feel like the game is not just following Joshis list.


I kinda feel like mafia bussed Oats and then it got out of control and they couldn't back off of it


Who are the people that bussed Oats ? I think there was still a very legitimate shot in getting me lynched, no?

Yea kinda maybe but you were pushed all day and nothing happened.

I'm literally boarding a plane for Chile so I'm kinda cramped on time and will not be back for like twenty hours.
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
prplhz
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
Denmark8045 Posts
December 13 2017 21:50 GMT
#855
On December 14 2017 06:46 Conversion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 14 2017 06:38 darthfoley wrote:
On December 14 2017 06:33 prplhz wrote:
On December 14 2017 06:28 darthfoley wrote:
On December 14 2017 06:25 prplhz wrote:
I think railroading Palmar on N1 is a pretty horrible idea.


I feel like I've seen you make some good two liner posts about people, but i'm not really sure where you stand on the game as a whole. Enlighten me, especially after your lynch person flipped scum

I think it's not as clear as you say in your big post. The conversion lynch was pushed hard but never gained traction. So I don't think it makes sense to say scum could have gone for him instead. Same about Forumite. I think this lynch just kind of happened and no one really knows why.

I feel like the game is not just following Joshis list.


I kinda feel like mafia bussed Oats and then it got out of control and they couldn't back off of it


Who are the people that bussed Oats ? I think there was still a very legitimate shot in getting me lynched, no?

VE, Forumite? I think it started earlier I made a post about that.
http://i.imgur.com/M7t7egx.png
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
firebathero 1074
Hyuk 828
Dewaltoss 86
Leta 82
Killer 57
soO 54
Yoon 47
Aegong 43
Sharp 28
Hm[arnc] 24
[ Show more ]
Bale 21
ToSsGirL 12
Sacsri 11
Larva 11
Dota 2
Fuzer 119
League of Legends
JimRising 459
Counter-Strike
byalli567
shoxiejesuss519
kRYSTAL_11
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor907
Other Games
summit1g10466
singsing1156
olofmeister1038
ceh9596
Mew2King98
ArmadaUGS50
trigger9
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream140
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2345
League of Legends
• Rush1272
• Stunt428
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
4h 22m
OSC
13h 22m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 1h
Online Event
1d 2h
FEL
1d 7h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 8h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 10h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.