• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:32
CEST 15:32
KST 22:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)44Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9037 users

Newbie Student Mafia XXVII

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 Next All
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
October 03 2017 20:34 GMT
#8
/obs
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
October 03 2017 21:46 GMT
#12
actually let me /in

I’ll have time to play

/ininin
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
October 10 2017 18:00 GMT
#40
/confirm
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
October 11 2017 22:17 GMT
#54
man almost had a heart attack thinking I missed this
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
October 12 2017 03:13 GMT
#60
On October 12 2017 08:35 Damerion wrote:
Perhaps the best policy this game is to lynch Conversion first.


Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
October 12 2017 18:21 GMT
#65
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
October 12 2017 22:52 GMT
#130
I'm basically a noob so

sup everyone
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
October 12 2017 22:52 GMT
#131
On October 13 2017 07:06 ruXxar wrote:
Now what shall I have for pre-bed snack.
A banana or a ham and cheese sandwich.

Man.. we humans were just not built to deal with these kind of dilemmas.


banana
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
October 12 2017 22:54 GMT
#134
On October 13 2017 07:53 ruXxar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2017 07:52 Conversion wrote:
I'm basically a noob so

sup everyone


But you're my noob <3 <3


I still am salty at myself for lynching you even though you screamed town in that one game.. CCCP
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
October 12 2017 23:02 GMT
#137
On October 13 2017 08:00 ruXxar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2017 07:54 Conversion wrote:
On October 13 2017 07:53 ruXxar wrote:
On October 13 2017 07:52 Conversion wrote:
I'm basically a noob so

sup everyone


But you're my noob <3 <3


I still am salty at myself for lynching you even though you screamed town in that one game.. CCCP


The memory still pains me...

Nonetheless prepare to encounter a lot more salty moments.
There will be times when the game rides on a single vote, and you'll be sitting there voting the wrong guy.
Or you're sitting there with a gun shooting the wrong guy.

The key is to realize that the chance of being wrong is always higher than the chance of being right.
Being wrong is the norm, so don't beat yourself up over it.


yeah I was in LYLO for my first game back before LS folded

what are your thoughts on oats placing a vote on you and calling you a liar?
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
October 13 2017 11:37 GMT
#186
On October 13 2017 10:38 MrLonelyClock wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2017 06:38 Damerion wrote:
Hello good people of TLMafia, it is pleasurable that we meet again.

Firstly I am going to approach this game slightly different than I did last game, I will do much more town hunting and see if I can POE a scum team into oblivion instead of finding a few slips early and pounding the ever living hell out of the person into submission.

Secondly as the setup is much different than last game, we should do our best not to talk about roles or claim them unless in supreme danger, especially the newer players should be aware of this. And that is the last thing I will say about roles.

My first to early townread is on FecalFeast, general tone and playful approach to the game points to a more than likely chance of being town at this point in time. If you look at his previous games his posts were a bit more guarded and just generally lacked the playful approach he has shown at this point.

The second thing is HappyKrogan postings are interesting, (I know I am already sliding backwards) in comparison to other people who have posted the posts feel forced and have this sense of wanting to fit in. It also draws my eyebrow upwards how he keeps referring to himself as just normal VT. My first game as scum I had an almost identical entrance post because I just did not know how to interact with the people in the game. I think he is worth watching especially as his reads develop or fail to achieve.

I also did not dislike RuxXar opening salvo of posts even if it is not super indicative at this moment in time, he was playful and did not seem angry at others having fun. So I have a good feeling about him at present.


First half is garbage. Let people play how they want. Its early in the game so the reads I would say are kinda forced but that can be expected. However having 3 reads this early just seems like you want to throw out the "HEY IM POSTING A LOT, LOOK AT THIS TOWNIE".

Also your posts kinda annoy me. It's as if I'm reading a novel and not actually having a conversation. Feels like talking (or typing) to a wall of sorts.


you get a town read



On October 13 2017 15:15 happykrogan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2017 14:19 xenonn40 wrote:
On October 13 2017 06:10 happykrogan wrote:
Hi
I'm really relieved that I'm just a normal VT in my first game.
Exactly what I hoped for


Sounds like something a mafia would say.


I don't like how he is picking this post, on which damerion wrote it is something a noob as scum would say and says it's something scum would say and let it look like if it would have been his idea.


btw Damerion is technically a “newbie” but he’s really not, so I’d take that off your gut feelings
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
October 13 2017 11:38 GMT
#187
On October 13 2017 17:56 Holyflare wrote:
Whoever the newbie was being aggressive btw is super townie. Forget who it was.


yay we think alike

pls don’t be scum again and wreck me
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
October 13 2017 11:43 GMT
#189
can’t really read df or grack, but that’s not really suprising since I couldn’t before anyways. null

oats is a tad bit aggressive for my taste but I think that’s just how he plays from what I’m observing. can any vets confirm? ruxxar sort confirmed in my last question

damerion slayed last game so I’m gonna put him in the wary pile as I do with all great players

HF being HF... less fiery though (burnt out maybe?) sorry I still don’t and won’t fully 100% townread you (although I say that and always end up townreading :l) I do like that we had same thoughts about lonelyclock man

FF being fluffy and vague but last time I pushed for his lynch he flipped town.. don’t like his play really

Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
October 13 2017 13:38 GMT
#193
On October 13 2017 13:14 Onegu wrote:
Hey onegu here. I am smack dab in the middle of blue and yellow on the spectrum.

Ill check again in a bit.


also can someone tell me if this is generally how people like onegu/rels/etc. plays? like one post AFK then big posts later

also none of the newbies really catch my eye besides lonelyclock man, so there's that

anyone else I didn't mention I'm reserving further judgment until later
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
October 13 2017 14:15 GMT
#202
On October 13 2017 22:43 ruXxar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2017 20:43 Conversion wrote:
can’t really read df or grack, but that’s not really suprising since I couldn’t before anyways. null

oats is a tad bit aggressive for my taste but I think that’s just how he plays from what I’m observing. can any vets confirm? ruxxar sort confirmed in my last question

damerion slayed last game so I’m gonna put him in the wary pile as I do with all great players

HF being HF... less fiery though (burnt out maybe?) sorry I still don’t and won’t fully 100% townread you (although I say that and always end up townreading :l) I do like that we had same thoughts about lonelyclock man

FF being fluffy and vague but last time I pushed for his lynch he flipped town.. don’t like his play really



What do you mean by wary of damerion? Town lean, scum lean, null?


I'm just wary of people that are clearly leagues above me in playing forum mafia since they can seem super towny as I'm pretty bad at determining what is scummy behavior vs. what is overly aggressive town behavior etc. etc.

from what I saw from Damerion last game he seems good enough to bamboozle me, so I'm just keeping him at a hard null like I usually do with HF
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
October 13 2017 14:29 GMT
#208
On October 13 2017 23:10 happykrogan wrote:
I'm parking my vote on rux until I find something more appealing.


instead of passively finding something more appealing, you should try to pressure someone you find scummy (ruxxar, who else?) and generate content

bc the string of posts you made don't really look good to me. like way scummier in my eyes than ruxxar due to calling him out for being fluffy, but not doing much yourself
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
October 13 2017 14:40 GMT
#214
On October 13 2017 23:38 happykrogan wrote:
So you're my coach now?
II think the questions you asked conversion about conversion about damerion and holyflare about lonelyclock just have pretty obvious answers and could be just there for the reason that the people see that you ask questions.

flood control appeared and I have to wait...
I would have posted this immedieatly otherwise


? No need to be so defensive. I'm just explaining my thoughts, on my opinion, in my brain, as to why you can be scummy

see how that works?

I don't care if you post immediately.

wasn't there a way to request flood control be turned off for new players in mafia?
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
October 13 2017 14:51 GMT
#217
On October 13 2017 23:42 happykrogan wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2017 23:40 Conversion wrote:
On October 13 2017 23:38 happykrogan wrote:
So you're my coach now?
II think the questions you asked conversion about conversion about damerion and holyflare about lonelyclock just have pretty obvious answers and could be just there for the reason that the people see that you ask questions.

flood control appeared and I have to wait...
I would have posted this immedieatly otherwise


? No need to be so defensive. I'm just explaining my thoughts, on my opinion, in my brain, as to why you can be scummy

see how that works?

I don't care if you post immediately.

wasn't there a way to request flood control be turned off for new players in mafia?


The "you're my coach now" was a question to ruxxar. I actually liked your post and see it as a tip.


ah okay. sorry if I sounded like a dick.. been trying to rein that in lately


Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
October 13 2017 18:24 GMT
#248
On October 14 2017 03:10 Grackaroni wrote:
I'm going to give a read that I don't think too many people will agree with but I think Oatsmaster is mafia.

In this game he seems less chill compared to Hurricane and I get the sense in a few posts that he's questioning things that look unusual rather than things that I think he would normally find scummy.
Show nested quote +
On October 13 2017 11:42 Oatsmaster wrote:
On October 13 2017 07:59 Fecalfeast wrote:
Damdred trying to pocket damerion, ruxxar ignoring oats calling him a liar. Relevant? We shall see.

whats the point of this post?

Show nested quote +
On October 13 2017 11:43 Oatsmaster wrote:
On October 13 2017 09:10 Damdred wrote:


But seriously pocmeting people is super impkrtant in the long run for survival

Can you explain why a townie wants to pocket people to survive?


I left links so you can decide for yourself between the first two pages of each game, but it seems to me like he cares more about his image in this game than the other one. (he was town in hurricane.)
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/527379-newbie-student-mafia-xxvii?user=Oatsmaster
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/526614-hurricane-shelter-mafia?user=Oatsmaster


to me he just looks like he pushes his own agenda and doesn't give a shit really

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/526062-names-are-hard-2?user=Oatsmaster

I'm not seeing what you're seeing, so can you explain how he looks different in the first two games compared to this one?
Conversion
Profile Joined April 2010
United States3308 Posts
October 13 2017 18:26 GMT
#249
On October 14 2017 03:21 Damdred wrote:
Ok, so I feel a little guilty at this point in time and I will try to be tge old Damdred this game.

Fact check away on my reads this train aint got no breaks and i aint got time to quote on phone.

Town Reads:

Damerion, he has this thing he does as town where he will have this skrt of mission statement about how he will approach the game. He has checked that, he gives clear concise reada with hard reasoning behind it, done. He also seems to try to draw people into conversation instead of existing.

Rux rux baby: Off the cuff read, the eay he responds to the pressure is town. Does t care, tries to be helpful and then establishes where he wants to be in the game. I think hes just going to be town for the tone and the lressure, but his reads were not bad.

If anyone tries to lynch rux at least today I will let slip the dogs of war and create chaos.

FF: Hey buddy we should work together, care free attitude. Gives some opinions still a bit weak on a few points, overall would not kynch today.

Gracky: Posts his thoughts, goes against thread sentiment a post or two ago. Seems to be looking where others dont, no lynch today.

Oats: Seemed to be reading the game a d his lressure wasnt horrid. It is defi ately not top town worthy but enough for a pass.

Xenon and nylonelylock are both town i feel for how they approached the game as newbs. Meh they were soitting fire earlier

Everyone else is in this null range besides hf who I love dearly but am ignoring until he wants cuddles.


who's your #1 lynch today?

I agree with the ruxxar sentiment here, seems kind off that we'd lynch the guy trying to speak the most, bad posts or not
1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 2
Serral vs herO
Solar vs Shino
Maru vs Clem
SHIN vs GgMaChine
IntoTheiNu 1063
ComeBackTV 352
SteadfastSC283
TaKeTV 252
LamboSC2221
Rex106
IndyStarCraft 50
EnkiAlexander 42
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
13:00
King of the Hill #263
EmpressLilyy19
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 283
LamboSC2 221
ProTech156
Rex 106
IndyStarCraft 50
BRAT_OK 33
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 39033
Shuttle 2616
Bisu 1005
Horang2 869
Jaedong 808
Mini 778
EffOrt 679
Light 510
Soma 389
BeSt 349
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 337
firebathero 329
Stork 268
Snow 205
Rush 185
ZerO 169
Zeus 161
ggaemo 135
Last 108
Leta 87
Pusan 78
hero 76
sorry 72
Killer 71
Sharp 46
Mong 45
Mind 39
soO 31
Shinee 30
Aegong 28
Shine 26
Free 25
ToSsGirL 24
Bale 24
Sexy 24
Trap 22
Terrorterran 18
HiyA 17
Yoon 17
NotJumperer 17
JulyZerg 10
Icarus 9
Sacsri 7
ajuk12(nOOB) 6
zelot 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc7289
qojqva1597
Dendi862
Fuzer 132
420jenkins72
Counter-Strike
x6flipin384
markeloff188
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2013
crisheroes1241
XaKoH 172
Other Games
gofns30256
singsing2142
olofmeister1304
B2W.Neo1038
Mlord250
DeMusliM175
Livibee163
Hui .138
Liquid`VortiX123
ArmadaUGS121
QueenE89
Mew2King86
Chillindude16
ZerO(Twitch)13
Railgan10
fpsfer 1
ToD0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream121
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1812
League of Legends
• Jankos2339
• Nemesis1729
• TFBlade721
Other Games
• WagamamaTV178
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 28m
Stellar Fest
23h 28m
OSC
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 20h
Online Event
1d 21h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.