• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 10:20
CEST 16:20
KST 23:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)56Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9881 users

[M][N] Generic Mini Mafia - Page 47

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 184 Next
Eden1892
Profile Joined March 2014
United States5866 Posts
March 19 2017 01:34 GMT
#921
Why did we lynch Malongo? I guess it's "safe" but he was perfect null.

I voted Damdred because:
1. Calix wasn't a reasonable wagon and tbh I was starting to second guess myself anyway
2. I didn't see any compelling reason to vote Malongo. It's safe but fuck that, town doesn't win making safe plays unless the Mafia sucks.
3. Damdred still hasn't done anything that made me think he couldn't be Mafia. That's hypocritical compared to Malongo, except that I know I can expect more from Damdred and I can't know to do so from Malongo.
4. My vote for Damdred put the wagons at 5-3 which gave the Mafia a chance to save Malongo if he were scum; gave town a second wagon to consider, and I thought if the EOD were more active we'd get more meaningful info from that with a real 2nd option.

WITH THAT SAID, I apologize for not actually returning. I sorely underestimated my wireless carrier's range, Mississippi's infrastructure and the entertainment level of this wedding. I solemnly swear not to make any of those mistakes again, especially expecting positive outcomes from Mississippi's infratstructure. A truly egregious error to be certain
“I like to see myself as the swim instructor that trows kids in the pool shouting at them they should try to not drink too much water.” - Koshi
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
March 19 2017 01:45 GMT
#922
On March 19 2017 10:34 Eden1892 wrote:
Why did we lynch Malongo? I guess it's "safe" but he was perfect null.

I voted Damdred because:
1. Calix wasn't a reasonable wagon and tbh I was starting to second guess myself anyway
2. I didn't see any compelling reason to vote Malongo. It's safe but fuck that, town doesn't win making safe plays unless the Mafia sucks.
3. Damdred still hasn't done anything that made me think he couldn't be Mafia. That's hypocritical compared to Malongo, except that I know I can expect more from Damdred and I can't know to do so from Malongo.
4. My vote for Damdred put the wagons at 5-3 which gave the Mafia a chance to save Malongo if he were scum; gave town a second wagon to consider, and I thought if the EOD were more active we'd get more meaningful info from that with a real 2nd option.

WITH THAT SAID, I apologize for not actually returning. I sorely underestimated my wireless carrier's range, Mississippi's infrastructure and the entertainment level of this wedding. I solemnly swear not to make any of those mistakes again, especially expecting positive outcomes from Mississippi's infratstructure. A truly egregious error to be certain


[image loading]
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 19 2017 02:24 GMT
#923
On March 19 2017 10:34 Eden1892 wrote:
Why did we lynch Malongo? I guess it's "safe" but he was perfect null.

I voted Damdred because:
1. Calix wasn't a reasonable wagon and tbh I was starting to second guess myself anyway
2. I didn't see any compelling reason to vote Malongo. It's safe but fuck that, town doesn't win making safe plays unless the Mafia sucks.
3. Damdred still hasn't done anything that made me think he couldn't be Mafia. That's hypocritical compared to Malongo, except that I know I can expect more from Damdred and I can't know to do so from Malongo.
4. My vote for Damdred put the wagons at 5-3 which gave the Mafia a chance to save Malongo if he were scum; gave town a second wagon to consider, and I thought if the EOD were more active we'd get more meaningful info from that with a real 2nd option.

WITH THAT SAID, I apologize for not actually returning. I sorely underestimated my wireless carrier's range, Mississippi's infrastructure and the entertainment level of this wedding. I solemnly swear not to make any of those mistakes again, especially expecting positive outcomes from Mississippi's infratstructure. A truly egregious error to be certain


Welcome back. I mean he was "perfectly null" but didn't give any reads when I asked him specifically to (and he was around at the time).

Point 4 is actually kinda cool and I hadn't considered that
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
March 19 2017 02:28 GMT
#924
lol I think eden probably one of the three scum after that post. I'm going to sleep will be here tommorow
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
March 19 2017 10:06 GMT
#925
On March 19 2017 10:34 Eden1892 wrote:
Why did we lynch Malongo? I guess it's "safe" but he was perfect null.

I voted Damdred because:
1. Calix wasn't a reasonable wagon and tbh I was starting to second guess myself anyway
2. I didn't see any compelling reason to vote Malongo. It's safe but fuck that, town doesn't win making safe plays unless the Mafia sucks.
3. Damdred still hasn't done anything that made me think he couldn't be Mafia. That's hypocritical compared to Malongo, except that I know I can expect more from Damdred and I can't know to do so from Malongo.
4. My vote for Damdred put the wagons at 5-3 which gave the Mafia a chance to save Malongo if he were scum; gave town a second wagon to consider, and I thought if the EOD were more active we'd get more meaningful info from that with a real 2nd option.

WITH THAT SAID, I apologize for not actually returning. I sorely underestimated my wireless carrier's range, Mississippi's infrastructure and the entertainment level of this wedding. I solemnly swear not to make any of those mistakes again, especially expecting positive outcomes from Mississippi's infratstructure. A truly egregious error to be certain


I don't plan to type a whole lot this game, but I feel this post is epicly bad on so many levels that I feel compelled.

Why this is awful:

1. Whining about the lynch when you did effectively nothing to prevent it or direct it elsewhere. Drawing attention to how he "clearly" wasn't in support and couldn't possibly understand why people would do such an awful thing like lynch a VT. /s

2. Defensive justification of his vote on an unflipped player when literal no one prompted it or seemingly cared very much.

3. Hypocrisy: His criticism of the Malongo lynch is that it was "null" and "safe". But his read on the person he voted for is "hasn't done anything that made me think he couldn't be mafia"; aka "null".

4. His reason for voting is? Well it certainly isn't town, because in the town I am from we teach all of our little babis to find the person you think is mafia and vote on them. Nowhere in this post does he even say he thinks Damdred is mafia. Clearly he was not particularly interested in pushing the player he found most scummy day 1, if he even found one. I am left at a point where I have to assume he either had no reads which is bad or he isn't coming from a townie mindset which is also bad.

5. His plan lacks a step. That step is conclusions. You see, this is a way I often get caught as mafia, is I leave dead ends where I pursue a plan or a line of questioning and I fail to draw any meaningful conclusions from it. His plan is: okay the vote is now 5-3, so if Malongo is mafia the opportunity exists for mafia to save him -> if people move I have a very narrow view of who is potentially mafia. Okay players didn't move, what do you conclude from this other than post-mortem Malongo = town? You have a plan so did you gain from it that it was MvT? TvT? You didn't come back in time to claim that "Mafia could save Malongo here and no one is moving, thus town". You have a plan but your plan leads to a dead end and makes no fucking sense.

6. Excuses. God I hate excuses.

That is enough typing for a significant amount of time in this game.

[image loading]
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 19 2017 10:41 GMT
#926
Hmm.... rayn/Tumble/eden scumteam for cred?

Would be nice if it was that easy.

Onegu and Rels did pretty much nothing to help with the D1 lynch so gotta keep an eye on them as well.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
March 19 2017 10:43 GMT
#927
I was about to post a wall-post of Eden but then I saw ritoky's post. It is a good post. So I have condensed my notes and decided that ritoky is more likely to be town at this stage.

I still need to filter-dive Damdred. raynpelikoneet too.

I have looked at Koshi's filter and downgraded him to null. His filter is not as good as I thought it was - needs more insightful comments - and he has not done much as of late.

As for Eden...
  • More focused on aggressively pushing points than scum-reads (e.g., TPR claim, outdated raynpelikoneet meta)
  • Poor priorities with talking about meta meta meta over engaging with his biggest scum-read + Damdred
  • Does he actually have any scum-reads now that he's reconsidering me?!
  • Static reads, lacks fluidity
  • Berates town for mislynching Malongo despite it being a decent lynch
  • Enough excuses to kill an elephant

tl;dr: Lots of words being said, not a lot of things being done.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
March 19 2017 10:46 GMT
#928
I don't know about Tweedledumb. Yeah, he says a lot of dumb/ weird shit but his explanations check out and his attitude is overall townie.

I'm a bit biased because I know he's not the most charismatic fellow in the room and has a tendency of being lynch-bait. Therefore I don't feel like crucifying him for today. He's had a bunch of townie-sounding posts already and he consistently does this when he's being pressured.
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 19 2017 11:06 GMT
#929
Maybe.

I feel better about Calix btw.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
March 19 2017 11:16 GMT
#930
inb4 I get N1'd again.
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 19 2017 11:21 GMT
#931
On March 19 2017 20:16 Calix wrote:
inb4 I get N1'd again.


How did you guess it :O
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
March 19 2017 14:51 GMT
#932
Ritoky saw what i did but said it so eloquently, I hope Eden and tumble are scum so my reads aren't so horrid this game.

Will be fikter diving for for bit any questions ask away
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 19 2017 16:12 GMT
#933
I am pretty happy with where I am. Maybe rayn is mafia. That will be fun.
I had a good night of sleep.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
March 19 2017 16:12 GMT
#934
So reading Damdred's filter, I'm not getting the Towniest Town That Has Ever Towned vibes from him like I did at first. In fact, I can see why everyone has been calling him "meh" now.

But I'm also not sure where all the scum-reads are coming from. Like, what is the overarching scum motivation with his posts? If those people could make better cases that aren't "lol underwhelming" or "teh metas" then I'd appreciate it, thx.

Anyway, what I noticed:
  • Lots of agreeing with people
  • A bit confused by these two posts since he seems to be saying that disformation is being scummy and then denies that in his next post. Then again, I have no idea what his first post even means due to his phone.
    + Show Spoiler +
    On March 17 2017 09:37 Damdred wrote:
    Like to expound on dis a bit he is way to stubborn at points that he has explained and his concussion seems real tome.

    And I think this comes not from town than scum.

    On March 17 2017 09:46 Damdred wrote:
    I don't thinkni ever said I scum read disformation?

    And no I'm not basing my townread of calix and xata on disf exactly.

  • I thought his responses to Rayn were quite reasonable.
  • Says Koshi and I are always town here. I'm not sure why he thinks that about the former.
  • Also noticed that DF did evade his 'how is it scummy as fuck to have a problem with DF?' question quite a few times.
  • Has been on the defensive more than the offensive (not including being pushed by rayn). Push on Tweedledumb and Eden an improvement but still meh.
  • Was visibly frustrated at EOD, dunno if that was faked though.
    + Show Spoiler +
    On March 19 2017 03:50 Damdred wrote:
    I would so v willing to be lynched right now if rayn would apologize for ignoring me all game and calling all mybposts not smart when he has said exactly whatvi did multiple times.

    Who I with me I'll even hammer myself.

    On March 19 2017 04:21 Damdred wrote:
    I don't get how I'm not saying smart things when rayn isbliterallyvrepeating what I say after I did about mal and picking up things about Eden and my scum read on him.

    Holy shit and xata is agreeing with him and troops me to null. Is thisnliterally real fucking life.

    At least df has a legit reason to come arte me sing I wan arte him and I was on his scum list.

    Which btw df my reason for voting mal was calling me and disf town voting rayn without any real explanation. Which I said first.

    I'm leaving because I can't even this thread right now.


Not seeing anything damning here. He said it would be more interesting if Malongo is town but his reads haven't changed post-lynch at all (just the reasons) and sometimes his level of confidence in a read fluctuates without explanation but that is about it so far. Since I didn't find anything scummy (but also nothing amazingly townie), he is a town lean for now.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
March 19 2017 16:14 GMT
#935
On March 20 2017 01:12 Koshi wrote:
I am pretty happy with where I am. Maybe rayn is mafia. That will be fun.


Please elaborate, good sir
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
March 19 2017 16:38 GMT
#936
Actually tumble read significantly changed tbh, he was null then nose dived into the total scum category.

And I honestly don't know what would be amazingly townie to you Calix lol, I think you want a godly messenger to come down and just annoint me at some point in some game lol.

But seriously I think you could make a case that everyone in the game has bad spots in their dilters. And both of those posts you quoted about dis was meant to be more about leaning town and town reading him for his stubbornness etc.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
March 19 2017 16:43 GMT
#937
Obviously can't be proven before post game but that first post should say.

His confusion seems real to me. And it would come more from town than scum.

But can't be proved atm
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
March 19 2017 16:43 GMT
#938
On March 20 2017 01:38 Damdred wrote:
Actually tumble read significantly changed tbh, he was null then nose dived into the total scum category.

And I honestly don't know what would be amazingly townie to you Calix lol, I think you want a godly messenger to come down and just annoint me at some point in some game lol.

But seriously I think you could make a case that everyone in the game has bad spots in their dilters. And both of those posts you quoted about dis was meant to be more about leaning town and town reading him for his stubbornness etc.


Didn't you have Tweedledumb as 'maybe town' at one point?

Your second line sounds off, can't quite pinpoint why. Maybe it's because I've been solidly town-reading you for most of the game so you being annoyed that I concluded that you were less townie than being the top townie makes zero sense.

Especially since the minor things I noted that could come from mafia don't add up to a case, just an assessment.

Double especially when this is the most I have ever town-read you in any game, lol.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
March 19 2017 16:51 GMT
#939
Yeah I did have him as maybe town, good catch.

But I don't think you read my joke/sarcasm right q.q
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
March 19 2017 16:55 GMT
#940
On March 20 2017 01:51 Damdred wrote:
Yeah I did have him as maybe town, good catch.

But I don't think you read my joke/sarcasm right q.q


"good catch" lol, it's like you're complimenting me for reading your filter properly P:

I'm an obtuse fuck that's immune to sarcasm

Anyway, how's that filter-diving going? Who are you reviewing and what have you found?
Prev 1 45 46 47 48 49 184 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 3
IntoTheiNu 900
ComeBackTV 585
SteadfastSC458
TaKeTV 336
Rex130
IndyStarCraft 106
EnkiAlexander 50
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 458
ProTech146
Rex 130
IndyStarCraft 106
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 47978
Bisu 2909
Horang2 1379
EffOrt 767
Soma 572
BeSt 564
Hyuk 533
Light 430
Mini 424
Larva 342
[ Show more ]
ZerO 231
Rush 217
Mong 83
Leta 72
910 61
Sea.KH 58
Snow 53
Pusan 51
ToSsGirL 45
Mind 36
Sexy 33
Aegong 31
JYJ 29
Yoon 24
Bale 23
Terrorterran 20
Trap 17
Rock 12
Noble 10
Sacsri 9
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Dota 2
Gorgc6274
qojqva252
Counter-Strike
Fnx 770
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes1457
Khaldor1093
Lowko464
Other Games
singsing2061
olofmeister1750
hiko1379
Beastyqt583
B2W.Neo407
Livibee197
Hui .183
XaKoH 153
Liquid`VortiX145
ArmadaUGS106
djWHEAT83
Mew2King68
KnowMe62
QueenE56
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV198
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream83
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 11
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• mYiSmile19
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• HerbMon 32
• FirePhoenix10
• Michael_bg 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2935
Other Games
• Shiphtur22
Upcoming Events
OSC
7h 41m
CranKy Ducklings
19h 41m
Online Event
20h 41m
FEL
1d 1h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 2h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 4h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 19h
INu's Battles
1d 21h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.