• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:31
CEST 11:31
KST 18:31
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9322 users

[M][N] Generic Mini Mafia - Page 46

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 184 Next
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 18 2017 22:58 GMT
#901
While we're doing anime memes....

"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
March 18 2017 22:58 GMT
#902
Meh. Looking into Onegu/Eden/Rels tomorrow.
I had a good night of sleep.
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
March 18 2017 22:59 GMT
#903
and yes malongo as town affirms my theory. it moreso changes my opinion on Damdred though, who I believe is partners with rayn. third scum being within koshi/rels/onegu
good times for all
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
March 18 2017 23:01 GMT
#904
Rit can be town forver.

But seriously, if you see two wagons one being someone who you are suspicious of do you not vote that wagon. Or do you vote that wagon make it 5-4 and push the fuck out of it and get someone lynched.

Or do you say oh ok bros in fine with the guy I read as town getting kynched.

Duck no you get your suspicions or too scum read kynched. Especially if your top scummy reads have been pushing your town read all day.
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
March 18 2017 23:03 GMT
#905
On March 19 2017 07:58 Tumblewood wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2017 07:48 Calix wrote:
On March 19 2017 07:40 Tumblewood wrote:
On March 19 2017 07:33 Calix wrote:
On March 19 2017 06:55 Damdred wrote:
Just gut feeling by tumble I having a really strange eod here.

Sorta pushing off mal while saying he will be ok with lynching him but having him high in his town list while saying he's a plynch now.

Then want I to make the vote me v rayn. Makes no sense.

Show weird eod


Anyway...

Tweedledumb, pls explain yourself here, thx.

lynch probable but afk town on a bad wagon (rock) | me | lynch iffy but better town on a shenanigan (hard place)
and I kept changing my mind and eventually I kept my vote in the hard place


Right.

Would you kindly go into more detail on your Raynpelikoneet scum-read then? Would like to know more about this conflict of yours.

rayn more or less spawned a wagon on malongo that picked up a lot of steam despite rayn himself not being on it and there being no convincing case. I mean, the guy had 10 posts to work with, none of which were egregiously bad.
vote logic points to rayn and two others on the wagon (I suspect koshi/damdred but it is no sure thing).
rayn was obviously waaaay overconfident on his scumreads. more so than I believe he would be as town.
BUT
the wagon on him would inevitably be a shenanny in an afk thread, and he was by far a more active and potentially useful (if town) player than malongo. losing him as town would fuck us over way more. [in retrospect, the wagon would have had to be composed of people who I trust, so I overblew that concern.]

this is why the choice was difficult the end


Your point about the wagon gaining a majority early on is more valid now that we know Malongo was town. Uncontested for a good chunk of the day, basically.

Why Koshi and Damdred in particular?

I can also relate to the last paragraph about potentially losing a more useful town player by CFDing though. I was going to ask why you didn't vote for Damdred but I imagine you would say something similar in response.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
March 18 2017 23:05 GMT
#906
You always got for your scum read no matter how useful they are as town.

Who disagrees with this statement?
Calix
Profile Joined August 2016
3379 Posts
March 18 2017 23:06 GMT
#907
I disagree if it's Day 1 and the person is generally hard to read early on.
ritoky
Profile Joined March 2011
United States6851 Posts
March 18 2017 23:06 GMT
#908
On March 19 2017 08:01 Damdred wrote:
Rit can be town forver.


[image loading]
“When interest is at variance with conscience, any distinction to make them friends will serve the hollow-hearted.” -Henry Home
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 18 2017 23:09 GMT
#909
On March 19 2017 08:05 Damdred wrote:
You always got for your scum read no matter how useful they are as town.

Who disagrees with this statement?


I guess it depends on the strength of your reads though.

Like if we look at statistics, I think Malongo had coin-flippy odds of being scum. Both Tumble and rayn a bit higher than that. But both Tumble and rayn could potentially be blues (unlike Malongo), and they were doing more in the thread than Malongo, so I could tolerate Malongo especially over Damdred, who I think had less than coin-flip chances of being scum and was also doing some things / could be blue.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 18 2017 23:10 GMT
#910
Not sure I understand Tumble though since he had Mal as townish yet accepted him over his scumreads to be lynched....?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 18 2017 23:11 GMT
#911
On March 19 2017 07:58 Tumblewood wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2017 07:48 Calix wrote:
On March 19 2017 07:40 Tumblewood wrote:
On March 19 2017 07:33 Calix wrote:
On March 19 2017 06:55 Damdred wrote:
Just gut feeling by tumble I having a really strange eod here.

Sorta pushing off mal while saying he will be ok with lynching him but having him high in his town list while saying he's a plynch now.

Then want I to make the vote me v rayn. Makes no sense.

Show weird eod


Anyway...

Tweedledumb, pls explain yourself here, thx.

lynch probable but afk town on a bad wagon (rock) | me | lynch iffy but better town on a shenanigan (hard place)
and I kept changing my mind and eventually I kept my vote in the hard place


Right.

Would you kindly go into more detail on your Raynpelikoneet scum-read then? Would like to know more about this conflict of yours.

rayn more or less spawned a wagon on malongo that picked up a lot of steam despite rayn himself not being on it and there being no convincing case. I mean, the guy had 10 posts to work with, none of which were egregiously bad.
vote logic points to rayn and two others on the wagon (I suspect koshi/damdred but it is no sure thing).
rayn was obviously waaaay overconfident on his scumreads. more so than I believe he would be as town.
BUT
the wagon on him would inevitably be a shenanny in an afk thread, and he was by far a more active and potentially useful (if town) player than malongo. losing him as town would fuck us over way more. [in retrospect, the wagon would have had to be composed of people who I trust, so I overblew that concern.]

this is why the choice was difficult the end


Like if you had rayn as scum-lean/even strongish scum, why be so careful about him being town?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
March 18 2017 23:16 GMT
#912
That's exactly the point im making xata.

You always vote rayn or damdred as they are your top scum read. You never accept your town read over them.

It makes 0 sense astown.

Even less sense than saying rayn has been bussing me all game and he I my partner, and maybe Eden is the third who just ninja votes damdred.

(I am not being totally honest with that last senten as he has rels and onegu as possible thirds).

Just saying Doesntn make sense anything tumble is doing or saying. And isscum indicative
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 18 2017 23:22 GMT
#913
Could well be the case.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 18 2017 23:22 GMT
#914
Him being scum I mean.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 18 2017 23:28 GMT
#915
You guys make valid points but I also don't see the motivation for Tumble to come back into the thread near EoD when nothing of note was happening and half the game was afk. Why put your foot in it needlessly?

I also have a soft spot for EoD paranoia so maybe I'm being a little too understanding of his illogical play
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
March 18 2017 23:41 GMT
#916
I will explain the thought process just a little more and from then on I will not give a useful response
ok:

- before leaving, I got real suspicious of rayn
- when I came back, I saw malongo was still afk and I was like "a plynch isn't the end of the world"
- then I saw the votes and switched back to malongo as a bad wagon
- then (internally) I mulled over rayn as being useful compared to malongo, switched back to being but still on rayn
- I saw calix's post about shenannies being bad and decided not to go after rayn
- but I didn't switch at deadline because of basically what you guys have been yelling at me about
- after deadline I realized a shenanny was probably not that bad because most of the active players were town

I doubted myself okay
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
March 18 2017 23:45 GMT
#917
On March 19 2017 08:28 darthfoley wrote:
You guys make valid points but I also don't see the motivation for Tumble to come back into the thread near EoD when nothing of note was happening and half the game was afk. Why put your foot in it needlessly?

I also have a soft spot for EoD paranoia so maybe I'm being a little too understanding of his illogical play

I left for IRL reasons and came back when I did for IRL reasons. and when I was back I was not caught up before I posted so I didn't know nothing was happening
good times for all
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
March 18 2017 23:52 GMT
#918
I guess that's somewhat plausible. At least we have a long time to figure things out until D2 EOD now and with more information as well so the situation is far from bad.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
March 18 2017 23:56 GMT
#919
On March 19 2017 08:45 Tumblewood wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2017 08:28 darthfoley wrote:
You guys make valid points but I also don't see the motivation for Tumble to come back into the thread near EoD when nothing of note was happening and half the game was afk. Why put your foot in it needlessly?

I also have a soft spot for EoD paranoia so maybe I'm being a little too understanding of his illogical play

I left for IRL reasons and came back when I did for IRL reasons. and when I was back I was not caught up before I posted so I didn't know nothing was happening


I should've clarified: I don't see the motivation for scum!tumble to come back when you did
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
March 19 2017 00:02 GMT
#920
On March 19 2017 08:56 darthfoley wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 19 2017 08:45 Tumblewood wrote:
On March 19 2017 08:28 darthfoley wrote:
You guys make valid points but I also don't see the motivation for Tumble to come back into the thread near EoD when nothing of note was happening and half the game was afk. Why put your foot in it needlessly?

I also have a soft spot for EoD paranoia so maybe I'm being a little too understanding of his illogical play

I left for IRL reasons and came back when I did for IRL reasons. and when I was back I was not caught up before I posted so I didn't know nothing was happening


I should've clarified: I don't see the motivation for scum!tumble to come back when you did

eh fair enough
good times for all
Prev 1 44 45 46 47 48 184 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 29m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
firebathero 2417
Bisu 531
Hyuk 436
Killer 117
Larva 101
Dewaltoss 94
EffOrt 87
Leta 84
Sexy 83
Soma 69
[ Show more ]
ZerO 66
ToSsGirL 48
BeSt 47
Light 43
soO 42
Sharp 34
Aegong 29
Bale 22
Sacsri 21
Shinee 15
sorry 15
Hm[arnc] 14
NaDa 14
Rush 12
JulyZerg 8
Terrorterran 2
Britney 1
Dota 2
Fuzer 135
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1111
byalli779
kRYSTAL_31
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1056
crisheroes525
Other Games
gofns30060
singsing1473
olofmeister999
ceh9659
Mew2King86
ArmadaUGS47
ZerO(Twitch)11
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream176
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2353
League of Legends
• Stunt404
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
3h 29m
OSC
12h 29m
CranKy Ducklings
1d
Online Event
1d 1h
FEL
1d 6h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 7h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 9h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.