• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 00:22
CEST 06:22
KST 13:22
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)26Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Where can I find Flash replays that work? Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8929 users

[T][M] Resistance VI - Page 6

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 115 Next
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
January 27 2017 01:45 GMT
#101
I think I played this game once were I was sure artanis was a spy. but then I had to negotiate with the other towns and send him anyway and we lost =[. never send artanis/rstoulin guys
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
January 27 2017 01:54 GMT
#102
[image loading]

[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
[image loading]
Grackaroni
Profile Joined July 2011
United States9857 Posts
January 27 2017 02:08 GMT
#103
On January 27 2017 09:07 Half the Sky wrote:
Evening lovelies, I’m resistance too, but surely someone in this bunch is capable of saying that, or frankly anything posted so far, as either alignment.

And LOL Tina, sleep is for the weak

To add to the setup discussion, as someone who has played resistance before in forum and real life, I do agree with the points made by Ray, but for people new to this game, should mission 1 pass, do not assume that all three members on mission 1 are part of the resistance. At least in my experience, there’s been far too many times where people don’t re-examine the first three people and then for mission 2, they hyper-focus on player 4 that becomes the add-on.

Shit I was just about to claim cop.

Thanks for the heads up!
Silverika
Profile Joined January 2017
United States231 Posts
January 27 2017 02:57 GMT
#104
On January 27 2017 10:43 sicklucker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2017 07:38 Chairman Ray wrote:
On January 27 2017 07:19 Silverika wrote:
Hi all!! Who has played before? I have one time online and the first mission passed. I'd like to go on the mission since we are members of the Resistance so I'm volunteering. Also, I'll sign my posts, ika42 likely will not. Any high level missions-ones with higher numbers of people that we aren't on will be rejected by us because if one Town voice isn't there, the chances of it being all Town is not high enough to take the risk.

~SilverWolf77


I've played a few hundred games of this live, and I think I played once on TL.

Yeah, if you are town, please reject mission 5 if you are not on that mission and most of the time reject mission 4 as well, but for the first three, please use your best judgement. Reason being that in mission 5, even if you think everyone on it is town, they can all just approve it and the mission goes ahead, but on the chance that at least one of them rejects, and people outside the group approves, you need to reject it. For the first three missions, if you are not in the group, please use your best judgement and approve missions you think will pass, because if you reject groups that you are not on, then mafia get to pick which mission passes. I've definitely had a lot of games thrown where town was being too cynical early game or too optimistic late game.


I dont see how rejecting missions ever is a good idea for newbs


Why not?

~SilverWolf77
Hydra of ika42 and SilverWolf77
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
January 27 2017 03:47 GMT
#105
hi hello it is me
I haven't played in a resistance setup before but it seems pretty simple? seems like a pretty poor risk/reward for mafia to let a mission pass just for town cred, unless all the players are town-of-salem-tier scrubs.
btw grack that joke was pretty lame
good times for all
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
January 27 2017 06:46 GMT
#106
On January 27 2017 11:57 Silverika wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2017 10:43 sicklucker wrote:
On January 27 2017 07:38 Chairman Ray wrote:
On January 27 2017 07:19 Silverika wrote:
Hi all!! Who has played before? I have one time online and the first mission passed. I'd like to go on the mission since we are members of the Resistance so I'm volunteering. Also, I'll sign my posts, ika42 likely will not. Any high level missions-ones with higher numbers of people that we aren't on will be rejected by us because if one Town voice isn't there, the chances of it being all Town is not high enough to take the risk.

~SilverWolf77


I've played a few hundred games of this live, and I think I played once on TL.

Yeah, if you are town, please reject mission 5 if you are not on that mission and most of the time reject mission 4 as well, but for the first three, please use your best judgement. Reason being that in mission 5, even if you think everyone on it is town, they can all just approve it and the mission goes ahead, but on the chance that at least one of them rejects, and people outside the group approves, you need to reject it. For the first three missions, if you are not in the group, please use your best judgement and approve missions you think will pass, because if you reject groups that you are not on, then mafia get to pick which mission passes. I've definitely had a lot of games thrown where town was being too cynical early game or too optimistic late game.


I dont see how rejecting missions ever is a good idea for newbs


Why not?

~SilverWolf77



because you need to complete missions to win? wtf
Silverika
Profile Joined January 2017
United States231 Posts
January 27 2017 08:07 GMT
#107
On January 27 2017 15:46 sicklucker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2017 11:57 Silverika wrote:
On January 27 2017 10:43 sicklucker wrote:
On January 27 2017 07:38 Chairman Ray wrote:
On January 27 2017 07:19 Silverika wrote:
Hi all!! Who has played before? I have one time online and the first mission passed. I'd like to go on the mission since we are members of the Resistance so I'm volunteering. Also, I'll sign my posts, ika42 likely will not. Any high level missions-ones with higher numbers of people that we aren't on will be rejected by us because if one Town voice isn't there, the chances of it being all Town is not high enough to take the risk.

~SilverWolf77


I've played a few hundred games of this live, and I think I played once on TL.

Yeah, if you are town, please reject mission 5 if you are not on that mission and most of the time reject mission 4 as well, but for the first three, please use your best judgement. Reason being that in mission 5, even if you think everyone on it is town, they can all just approve it and the mission goes ahead, but on the chance that at least one of them rejects, and people outside the group approves, you need to reject it. For the first three missions, if you are not in the group, please use your best judgement and approve missions you think will pass, because if you reject groups that you are not on, then mafia get to pick which mission passes. I've definitely had a lot of games thrown where town was being too cynical early game or too optimistic late game.


I dont see how rejecting missions ever is a good idea for newbs


Why not?

~SilverWolf77



because you need to complete missions to win? wtf


No shit Sherlock, but your basicly saying "have no dicussion and approve anything and everything"

So explain to me why any newbs should jsut blindly go "ok approve" without dicussion.
Hydra of ika42 and SilverWolf77
Silverika
Profile Joined January 2017
United States231 Posts
January 27 2017 08:08 GMT
#108
On January 27 2017 07:38 Chairman Ray wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2017 07:19 Silverika wrote:
Hi all!! Who has played before? I have one time online and the first mission passed. I'd like to go on the mission since we are members of the Resistance so I'm volunteering. Also, I'll sign my posts, ika42 likely will not. Any high level missions-ones with higher numbers of people that we aren't on will be rejected by us because if one Town voice isn't there, the chances of it being all Town is not high enough to take the risk.

~SilverWolf77


I've played a few hundred games of this live, and I think I played once on TL.

Yeah, if you are town, please reject mission 5 if you are not on that mission and most of the time reject mission 4 as well, but for the first three, please use your best judgement. Reason being that in mission 5, even if you think everyone on it is town, they can all just approve it and the mission goes ahead, but on the chance that at least one of them rejects, and people outside the group approves, you need to reject it. For the first three missions, if you are not in the group, please use your best judgement and approve missions you think will pass, because if you reject groups that you are not on, then mafia get to pick which mission passes. I've definitely had a lot of games thrown where town was being too cynical early game or too optimistic late game.


Why do ty refer yourself as not town here?
Hydra of ika42 and SilverWolf77
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
January 27 2017 08:08 GMT
#109
On January 27 2017 15:46 sicklucker wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2017 11:57 Silverika wrote:
On January 27 2017 10:43 sicklucker wrote:
On January 27 2017 07:38 Chairman Ray wrote:
On January 27 2017 07:19 Silverika wrote:
Hi all!! Who has played before? I have one time online and the first mission passed. I'd like to go on the mission since we are members of the Resistance so I'm volunteering. Also, I'll sign my posts, ika42 likely will not. Any high level missions-ones with higher numbers of people that we aren't on will be rejected by us because if one Town voice isn't there, the chances of it being all Town is not high enough to take the risk.

~SilverWolf77


I've played a few hundred games of this live, and I think I played once on TL.

Yeah, if you are town, please reject mission 5 if you are not on that mission and most of the time reject mission 4 as well, but for the first three, please use your best judgement. Reason being that in mission 5, even if you think everyone on it is town, they can all just approve it and the mission goes ahead, but on the chance that at least one of them rejects, and people outside the group approves, you need to reject it. For the first three missions, if you are not in the group, please use your best judgement and approve missions you think will pass, because if you reject groups that you are not on, then mafia get to pick which mission passes. I've definitely had a lot of games thrown where town was being too cynical early game or too optimistic late game.


I dont see how rejecting missions ever is a good idea for newbs


Why not?

~SilverWolf77



because you need to complete missions to win? wtf


You definitely need to reject some missions if you are town.

If you are town and on a team that you think has mafia in it, or you want to see who votes it for more information, you should reject it.

If you are town not on a team, and you think there's mafia on it, or also want more information from votes, you should reject it.

If you are town on mission 5 and you are not in it, you should reject it, EVEN IF you are confident that the group is good.
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
January 27 2017 08:10 GMT
#110
On January 27 2017 17:08 Silverika wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2017 07:38 Chairman Ray wrote:
On January 27 2017 07:19 Silverika wrote:
Hi all!! Who has played before? I have one time online and the first mission passed. I'd like to go on the mission since we are members of the Resistance so I'm volunteering. Also, I'll sign my posts, ika42 likely will not. Any high level missions-ones with higher numbers of people that we aren't on will be rejected by us because if one Town voice isn't there, the chances of it being all Town is not high enough to take the risk.

~SilverWolf77


I've played a few hundred games of this live, and I think I played once on TL.

Yeah, if you are town, please reject mission 5 if you are not on that mission and most of the time reject mission 4 as well, but for the first three, please use your best judgement. Reason being that in mission 5, even if you think everyone on it is town, they can all just approve it and the mission goes ahead, but on the chance that at least one of them rejects, and people outside the group approves, you need to reject it. For the first three missions, if you are not in the group, please use your best judgement and approve missions you think will pass, because if you reject groups that you are not on, then mafia get to pick which mission passes. I've definitely had a lot of games thrown where town was being too cynical early game or too optimistic late game.


Why do ty refer yourself as not town here?


What do you mean?
Silverika
Profile Joined January 2017
United States231 Posts
January 27 2017 08:10 GMT
#111
On January 27 2017 17:08 Silverika wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2017 07:38 Chairman Ray wrote:
On January 27 2017 07:19 Silverika wrote:
Hi all!! Who has played before? I have one time online and the first mission passed. I'd like to go on the mission since we are members of the Resistance so I'm volunteering. Also, I'll sign my posts, ika42 likely will not. Any high level missions-ones with higher numbers of people that we aren't on will be rejected by us because if one Town voice isn't there, the chances of it being all Town is not high enough to take the risk.

~SilverWolf77


I've played a few hundred games of this live, and I think I played once on TL.

Yeah, if you are town, please reject mission 5 if you are not on that mission and most of the time reject mission 4 as well, but for the first three, please use your best judgement. Reason being that in mission 5, even if you think everyone on it is town, they can all just approve it and the mission goes ahead, but on the chance that at least one of them rejects, and people outside the group approves, you need to reject it. For the first three missions, if you are not in the group, please use your best judgement and approve missions you think will pass, because if you reject groups that you are not on, then mafia get to pick which mission passes. I've definitely had a lot of games thrown where town was being too cynical early game or too optimistic late game.


Why do you refer yourself as not town here?


Silverwolf corrected me on my typo cus I'm mobile
Hydra of ika42 and SilverWolf77
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
January 27 2017 08:12 GMT
#112
On January 27 2017 12:47 Tumblewood wrote:
hi hello it is me
I haven't played in a resistance setup before but it seems pretty simple? seems like a pretty poor risk/reward for mafia to let a mission pass just for town cred, unless all the players are town-of-salem-tier scrubs.
btw grack that joke was pretty lame


That's not always true, but we can talk about it if it ever comes up.
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
January 27 2017 08:15 GMT
#113
Ok, let's try to figure out who we want to send on the mission.

Does anyone have any preference on who they want on the mission, besides themselves?

sharkie
Profile Blog Joined April 2012
Austria18756 Posts
January 27 2017 08:35 GMT
#114
Are bystanders allowed to comment?
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
January 27 2017 08:38 GMT
#115
On January 27 2017 17:35 sharkie wrote:
Are bystanders allowed to comment?


Nope, can't talk about this game in this thread or any other thread until it's over. If there's an obs qt, you can ask the host for it.
cakepie
Profile Blog Joined November 2012
985 Posts
Last Edited: 2017-01-27 09:49:55
January 27 2017 08:39 GMT
#116
On January 27 2017 17:35 sharkie wrote:
Are bystanders allowed to comment?

No. Please stay out of the thread if you are not playing. Do not discuss this game anywhere.
There is usually a separate chat for bystanders ("observers") to comment, but since you are standing by as a replacement, you are not eligible for that either.

If you have any further questions, please contact the hosts by PM.
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
January 27 2017 08:50 GMT
#117
On January 27 2017 07:49 RtaniSoul wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 27 2017 07:13 Superbia wrote:
And now gonna go sleep :D

The first post didn't make you conf town but in combination with the second one, we have mindmelded and I am left with no option but to consider you part of the resistance.


Care to elaborate on this a little, Artanis(?)?
Minimal effort.
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
January 27 2017 08:51 GMT
#118
Also as obviously confirmed town I should be on every mission. Feel free to bring the heat and fight me if you disagree. :D
Minimal effort.
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
January 27 2017 08:52 GMT
#119
On January 27 2017 17:15 Chairman Ray wrote:
Ok, let's try to figure out who we want to send on the mission.

Does anyone have any preference on who they want on the mission, besides themselves?



Statistics say not you. (hahaha etc.)
Minimal effort.
Superbia
Profile Blog Joined April 2008
Netherlands8889 Posts
January 27 2017 08:55 GMT
#120
Here's the format I suggest we take btw. We have 2 real days for the leader to decide a mission.

I strongly suggest That the leader of the mission comes up with a "draft" team halfway through the game day (i.e. within 24 hours of day start).

In that way, we have time to discuss the choices the leader wants to make and the leader can defend them (or perform changes and elaborate on them).
Minimal effort.
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 115 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 5h 38m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 246
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 2098
Snow 98
NaDa 39
Bale 30
Noble 16
Icarus 4
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm174
Counter-Strike
taco 529
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox1543
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1114
WinterStarcraft594
Other Games
summit1g7061
Doublelift1918
JimRising 665
PiGStarcraft307
ArmadaUGS173
C9.Mang0157
Maynarde139
ViBE83
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick750
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream145
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki154
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota258
League of Legends
• Lourlo1307
• Rush664
• Stunt326
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
5h 38m
OSC
8h 38m
Stellar Fest
8h 38m
OSC
19h 38m
Stellar Fest
1d 8h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.