• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:54
CEST 21:54
KST 04:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11604 users

Newbie Student Mafia XXV - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
January 06 2017 16:54 GMT
#236
On January 07 2017 01:52 Calix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2017 01:48 Vivax wrote:
So far you and Ika both asked such loaded questions that already imply I did something I did not. Obviously you're not going to get a nice answer to "Do you always beat your wife" type of questions.


Your point?


If you ask shitty questions you get shitty answers
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
January 06 2017 17:01 GMT
#238
Should be a when*

Anyway.

I keep thinking it'd be cool if more people posted, this feels a lot like a clash between overeager townies which is what happens 80 % of the time in the average game of mafia.

I also feel a bit troubled by ika and Silver actually living together cause
they had little interaction at the start of the game, but then it wore off quickly.

And Silver was very eager to jump at me for apparently defending ika.
And ika brought ahead a similar argument where he said I was too sure of him being town.

Point being, they might have a common playstyle being a couple or whatever, and I don't really know how that plays out since they're new here. It did kinda feel concertated how they were bombarding me with accusations back there.

But it's just feels
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
January 06 2017 17:36 GMT
#240
On January 07 2017 02:33 darthfoley wrote:
I'd be interested to see Kelsier's take on this Vivax/ika/SW thing when he gets a chance.

And more from Grack


And yours?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
January 06 2017 18:03 GMT
#245
On January 07 2017 02:46 darthfoley wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2017 02:36 Vivax wrote:
On January 07 2017 02:33 darthfoley wrote:
I'd be interested to see Kelsier's take on this Vivax/ika/SW thing when he gets a chance.

And more from Grack


And yours?


Of the three of you, I liked SW's responses the best. They seem natural and attentive without being scared of making conclusions. I am town reading her

I understand your initial questioning, but I don't like how you play semantics over the B0ston thing. Your first sentence is clearly more than a read imo

Show nested quote +
On January 06 2017 21:29 Vivax wrote:
On January 06 2017 19:56 KelsierSC wrote:
On January 06 2017 12:51 B0stonSC wrote:
About to go do a re read through, because Onegu hasn't posted anything of note since the game started (by of note, I mean anything I took note on)



On January 06 2017 13:11 B0stonSC wrote:
yeah Onegu seems suspicious, so

##vote Onegu



This is true of many people so why is onegu the vote?



I guessed that's just his way of doing things, ie judging people by perceived usefulness/compliance. And 1gu really looks like he's doing the least, which sadly isn't alignment indicative. BTDT still has to post but when he does it's usually a lot.

There's a townie simplicity to Bostons posts, but that's just a first impression, and of course it's just an early read. Still need a grasp of how much he is actually following the game given he claims to have read and reread it and even took notes. Just voting 1gu doesn't give much info.


It's understandable why people think you're answering for him, indirectly with the "I guess" qualifier. So I don't like that you deflected and then kind of pulled an "OMGUS, the questions I got weren't up to my liking!"


Yea I checked his answers to the questionnaire and figured he was a newbie. And as newbie one tends to strictly pay attention to how useful or compliant a person looks, so only obvious he'd go after 1gu. That's where my guess comes from.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
January 06 2017 18:04 GMT
#246
On January 07 2017 03:02 Kmatt wrote:
I actually had read up about an hour ago but have been eating lunch and what not. I'll be back with a wall of text don't you worry.

But yeah, between Squishy/Michael/Boston/Onegu there's a good number of afk this game. And of course Btdt. He had to have confirmed the game start message from Kita so he can't be too far off.


You won't be read just based upon the amount of words you cram into a single post but if you like writing huge texts I won't stop you.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
January 06 2017 19:06 GMT
#250
You should have seen the 100 pages D1s back in the day then
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
January 07 2017 18:16 GMT
#464
Sorry, back with a hungover, had my postponed bday party yesterday.
I don't think we should lynch Grack today, but I'm going to take a look at the arguments against him.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
January 07 2017 18:23 GMT
#471
On January 08 2017 03:22 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2017 03:16 Vivax wrote:
Sorry, back with a hungover, had my postponed bday party yesterday.
I don't think we should lynch Grack today, but I'm going to take a look at the arguments against him.

It's because I annoyed a bunch of people.


Yes I have noticed it too that some people here will lynch you if they think you are snarky or whatever. I thought I signed up for mafia.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
January 07 2017 18:46 GMT
#479
It's time for some reads, post by post so I don't run into people who don't read walls of text. Eventually I hope to bump into something that makes me more decisive on who to lynch.

Reps I think is town so it's kinda sad he's voting for Grack who I also think is town. Will explain why on request

Next hard to read guy would be 1gu and I believe he's town actually, last time I saw him mafia was in the game where BH bussed him, and he tried much harder to look useful in that game. Here he just seems calm and unpressured.

Filter if you want to compare: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/496215-mini-mafia-the-kinda-vanilla-experience?user=Onegu&view=all
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
January 07 2017 18:53 GMT
#483
ME is someone of those who might as well not have signed up as clearly he doesn't like playing this game. Will have to be policied at some point cause he's not a source of information.

Boston has this thing bugging me:

On January 07 2017 07:32 B0stonSC wrote:
Okay, so after catching up, I have a few things to respond on.

First, as to why I am not more active, is that I have not a whole lot of time to play mafia during the week, so what I am doing is catching up, responding to everything I feel needs a response, giving my reads, then getting back off. You may flame me for this, but unless it's the weekend this will be how I play. I do have a life you know, but mafia is a lot of fun (which is why I wanted to play it).

As to why I voted Onegu (asked three times, by my count), he has made a claim (with the first post of the game) and then posted a non informative post. That's all he has done. I wanted to see what happens if he gets a bit of pressure on him, but after this amount of time I feel that he is just inactive.

On to my reads, Kmatt feels very much a scummy player to me becuase he is posting quite a bit now, but it doesn't feel like he is accomplishing anything. DarthFoley seems waaaay too defensive, so that seems odd, but I'll keep looking at him so I can get a more solid read. Vivax and MichaelEhrmantraut seem a bit off. Nothing suspicious, but just a bit not quite correct to me. This is more of a gut read than anything else, so I'll be doing a reread (probably today) for just them to see what's up.


Now it's weekend and he should be playing according to himself.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
January 07 2017 18:58 GMT
#486
Yea Calix is a whip swinging vixen this game
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
January 07 2017 19:02 GMT
#494
Been tempted a few times to put the thought out there that we might be dealing with an active, disruptive mafia (Calix), but then that thought shouldn't be pursued too early, especially by me or I end up tinfoiling the entire game.
So it's a thought on hold maybe I'll find something positive to take from her posts at some point. For now she doesn't look sheepable to me.

I think for today I would be content with a PL on ME, otherwise I still have my eyes on Kelsier and DF mostly as I might have been onto something at the start of the day, but today I feel like shit and am lazy to go dig for something and make a case, to be completely honest.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
January 07 2017 19:10 GMT
#504
On January 08 2017 04:06 Calix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2017 04:02 Vivax wrote:
Been tempted a few times to put the thought out there that we might be dealing with an active, disruptive mafia (Calix), but then that thought shouldn't be pursued too early, especially by me or I end up tinfoiling the entire game.
So it's a thought on hold maybe I'll find something positive to take from her posts at some point. For now she doesn't look sheepable to me.

I think for today I would be content with a PL on ME, otherwise I still have my eyes on Kelsier and DF mostly as I might have been onto something at the start of the day, but today I feel like shit and am lazy to go dig for something and make a case, to be completely honest.


What makes you think that?

It would be good if you could expand on your reads at some point.


Kelsier for not seeming to care at this point and his negative comment about the game at the beginning. It's the sort of thing I saw Palmar going after people for and successfully catching mafia with it. So I think it could be a nice heuristic for catching mafia.

Foley for what I posted about him. Doesn't need expanding as it's in my filter.

As for you, I said I don't want to pursue that thought for now as you are still one of the most active players if not the most active player.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
January 07 2017 19:36 GMT
#531
On January 08 2017 04:29 beentheredonethat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 06 2017 09:02 KelsierSC wrote:
yeeeehhhhhhh booooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

ksc most likely town for this.

he hates playing scum afaik.


That's a bad read and you should know that
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
January 07 2017 19:43 GMT
#542
On January 08 2017 04:38 Calix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2017 04:36 Vivax wrote:
On January 08 2017 04:29 beentheredonethat wrote:
On January 06 2017 09:02 KelsierSC wrote:
yeeeehhhhhhh booooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

ksc most likely town for this.

he hates playing scum afaik.


That's a bad read and you should know that


Is this implying a scum-read?

Also when are you going to respond to my post? I just figured you had fucked off.


Yea no I have plenty of content going and all you do is focus on the one I don't decide on expanding on and won't for my own reasons which are explained. You could talk about anything in my filter but if you only ever choose to pick the stuff I don't want to talk about, you're not going to get a reply.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
January 07 2017 19:44 GMT
#544
On January 08 2017 04:39 beentheredonethat wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2017 04:36 Vivax wrote:
On January 08 2017 04:29 beentheredonethat wrote:
On January 06 2017 09:02 KelsierSC wrote:
yeeeehhhhhhh booooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

ksc most likely town for this.

he hates playing scum afaik.


That's a bad read and you should know that

Explain it to me then? Maybe I should not apply meta reads with people I haven't played with


Cause anyone can pretend to come in swinging with a good mood at the beginning of the game, simples.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
January 07 2017 19:50 GMT
#556
On January 08 2017 04:46 Calix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2017 04:43 Vivax wrote:
On January 08 2017 04:38 Calix wrote:
On January 08 2017 04:36 Vivax wrote:
On January 08 2017 04:29 beentheredonethat wrote:
On January 06 2017 09:02 KelsierSC wrote:
yeeeehhhhhhh booooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

ksc most likely town for this.

he hates playing scum afaik.


That's a bad read and you should know that


Is this implying a scum-read?

Also when are you going to respond to my post? I just figured you had fucked off.


Yea no I have plenty of content going and all you do is focus on the one I don't decide on expanding on and won't for my own reasons which are explained. You could talk about anything in my filter but if you only ever choose to pick the stuff I don't want to talk about, you're not going to get a reply.


If you don't want to expand on it then why bring it up in the first place? You've already seen how well that worked when Grack did something similar.

FMPOV it looks like you made that read on me to doubt-cast given that it was posted after BTDT gave me a town-read and then you said that his KSC read was bad also. That's why I want to know your reasoning.


Yes you see some sort of connection in why I'm bringing it up but don't want to also consider the possibility that it's simply a thought that occurred to me during the game.

You might have noticed how in my analysis of DFs post I paid attention to also seeing his post as coming from a town PoV, then explained why I thought it was the more unlikely point of view.

Like right now you are seeing my post as only coming from a mafia point of view where I want to cast doubt on you. But it could as well simply be true that I genuinely thought that and wanted to get the thought into the game.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
January 07 2017 20:04 GMT
#576
On January 08 2017 04:56 Calix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2017 04:50 Vivax wrote:
On January 08 2017 04:46 Calix wrote:
On January 08 2017 04:43 Vivax wrote:
On January 08 2017 04:38 Calix wrote:
On January 08 2017 04:36 Vivax wrote:
On January 08 2017 04:29 beentheredonethat wrote:
On January 06 2017 09:02 KelsierSC wrote:
yeeeehhhhhhh booooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

ksc most likely town for this.

he hates playing scum afaik.


That's a bad read and you should know that


Is this implying a scum-read?

Also when are you going to respond to my post? I just figured you had fucked off.


Yea no I have plenty of content going and all you do is focus on the one I don't decide on expanding on and won't for my own reasons which are explained. You could talk about anything in my filter but if you only ever choose to pick the stuff I don't want to talk about, you're not going to get a reply.


If you don't want to expand on it then why bring it up in the first place? You've already seen how well that worked when Grack did something similar.

FMPOV it looks like you made that read on me to doubt-cast given that it was posted after BTDT gave me a town-read and then you said that his KSC read was bad also. That's why I want to know your reasoning.


Yes you see some sort of connection in why I'm bringing it up but don't want to also consider the possibility that it's simply a thought that occurred to me during the game.

You might have noticed how in my analysis of DFs post I paid attention to also seeing his post as coming from a town PoV, then explained why I thought it was the more unlikely point of view.

Like right now you are seeing my post as only coming from a mafia point of view where I want to cast doubt on you. But it could as well simply be true that I genuinely thought that and wanted to get the thought into the game.


That's how I play. I look for shit that makes sense from mafia POV and push that. I don't think it's a bad thing and don't need a lecture on how to play as town.

You say it's a genuine read but I don't get why town would bring up a read that they think and then be reluctant to expand on it. If you could explain that to me so I can factor that into how I read you then that would be great.


In the earlier post I said that it could make me tinfoil that one of the more active players is mafia. There have been past instances where I created a whole lot of fuss over nothing cause the super active player I was sure was some mastermind mafia turned out to be simply town. There's a reason I have a bunch of people quoting me as insane in my profile and that's probably the biggest.

I used to like to go after very active players, completely disregarding everyone's opinion, so now I'm more conscious about that aspect and that's why I try to suppress the thought that you could be mafia this early.
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
January 07 2017 20:05 GMT
#579
On January 08 2017 05:01 darthfoley wrote:
I think KSC, Vivax, ME or Boston should all be up for lynch before Grack.


Grack shouldn't be up for lynch at all imo. Why do you even think in order of priorities?
Vivax
Profile Blog Joined April 2011
22417 Posts
January 07 2017 20:22 GMT
#601
On January 08 2017 05:14 darthfoley wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2017 05:05 Vivax wrote:
On January 08 2017 05:01 darthfoley wrote:
I think KSC, Vivax, ME or Boston should all be up for lynch before Grack.


Grack shouldn't be up for lynch at all imo. Why do you even think in order of priorities?


Huh? My point is that there are 4 scummier people than Grack which for D1 is more than enough to shelve a Grack lynch IMO. Why are you questioning me wanting to lynch my scum reads?


Nah I misread that as you wanting to lynch Grack. Quick glance over your filter shows you aren't scumreading him though.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1145
TKL 458
IndyStarCraft 279
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1145
TKL 458
IndyStarCraft 279
EmSc Tv 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23095
Calm 2264
Shuttle 344
Mini 174
White-Ra 174
ZZZero.O 126
firebathero 75
scan(afreeca) 19
soO 14
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7765
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1723
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4180
Liquid`Hasu572
MindelVK19
Other Games
summit1g6612
Liquid`RaSZi2343
FrodaN1650
fl0m1562
olofmeister738
B2W.Neo721
crisheroes417
Beastyqt393
Livibee180
Pyrionflax161
Mew2King61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick876
BasetradeTV220
StarCraft 2
angryscii 22
EmSc Tv 17
EmSc2Tv 17
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 34
• Adnapsc2 17
• niya90s 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki47
• blackmanpl 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1439
• Shiphtur728
• WagamamaTV352
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 6m
Replay Cast
3h 6m
OSC
16h 6m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.