• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 14:32
CEST 20:32
KST 03:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament Rollback Netcode in Brood War TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13606 users

Newbie Student Mafia XXV - Page 11

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 9 10 11 All
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 14 2017 00:10 GMT
#1562
On January 09 2017 09:36 Kmatt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2017 09:31 reps)squishy wrote:
On January 09 2017 09:26 darthfoley wrote:
On January 09 2017 09:22 reps)squishy wrote:
On January 09 2017 09:19 beentheredonethat wrote:
I got roleblocked. But noone is going to believe that anyways^^ so good night


I am now leaning btdt as town.
@Onegu: do you still stand by this statement?
On January 08 2017 14:07 Onegu wrote:
Just FYI 100% we lynch btdt tomorrow. Even though I give btdt a 30% chance of being scum. He has to be lynched. It is a terrible play as scum as scum could just shoot him. The only way it becomes a ok play is if they think the lynch would go from grack to a actual scum player. Even then its not great as btdt wasnt being looked at. I think it comes from town more often than not who thinks he will save the actual doctor from having to CC and then lynch scum and eat a bullet. Wanting to make the hero play. But this play needs to be punished. Plus a 30% chance to hit scum is fine.


you're gonna have to explain that one to me.

Why?

I cannot see him making that up if he were scum...


He's full of shit. I'm the vig and I blew my load on Vivax. Thought I was being clever but apparently all his shpeal about not surviving the night was true for more than one reason.


I've been lolling at this post for like a good five minutes. Completely forgot about it.

I'd like to nominate Kmatt for some of the funniest in game posts i've ever seen
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 14 2017 00:11 GMT
#1564
On January 14 2017 09:06 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2017 09:03 darthfoley wrote:
Vivax had it before he backtracked on me in obs :o


Damn yours and Calix mylo tryharding for that.


Idk i wanted to still have town cred if for some reason people decided squishy was the lynch
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 14 2017 00:13 GMT
#1565
On January 09 2017 09:36 Kmatt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2017 09:31 reps)squishy wrote:
On January 09 2017 09:26 darthfoley wrote:
On January 09 2017 09:22 reps)squishy wrote:
On January 09 2017 09:19 beentheredonethat wrote:
I got roleblocked. But noone is going to believe that anyways^^ so good night


I am now leaning btdt as town.
@Onegu: do you still stand by this statement?
On January 08 2017 14:07 Onegu wrote:
Just FYI 100% we lynch btdt tomorrow. Even though I give btdt a 30% chance of being scum. He has to be lynched. It is a terrible play as scum as scum could just shoot him. The only way it becomes a ok play is if they think the lynch would go from grack to a actual scum player. Even then its not great as btdt wasnt being looked at. I think it comes from town more often than not who thinks he will save the actual doctor from having to CC and then lynch scum and eat a bullet. Wanting to make the hero play. But this play needs to be punished. Plus a 30% chance to hit scum is fine.


you're gonna have to explain that one to me.

Why?

I cannot see him making that up if he were scum...


He's full of shit. I'm the vig and I blew my load on Vivax. Thought I was being clever but apparently all his shpeal about not surviving the night was true for more than one reason.


On January 10 2017 07:34 Kmatt wrote:
I'm going through filters now and it just occurred to me that KSC made his last post on the 6th. If he doesn't make three posts within this cycle he gets modkilled IIRC. I can't say how long the line for Subway is but you need to pick your topping and get the hell in this thread.



On January 11 2017 09:08 Kmatt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2017 09:05 kitaman27 wrote:
KelsierSC has been replaced by Damdred. Everyone say hi!


Did he at least get his sandwich?


I think i'm in love
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 14 2017 00:16 GMT
#1568
Let's not forget this gem

On January 09 2017 10:43 Kmatt wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 09 2017 10:38 darthfoley wrote:
On January 09 2017 10:29 Kmatt wrote:
It was a gamble. If I hit scum!Vivax we pull a double kill. If I whiff and kill a town alongside mafia we're doubly in the hole. With the double whiff from both parties we basically broke even since now the game is as if I was a VT. The alternative is, as you said, take the easy shot and play the game out normal. I went for the jackpot and came back empty handed.


Lesson learned, let's hope


But muh sick plays.

Real talk though if I ever get to be a vig again you had better believe I'm going to go for a flashy kill out of nowhere. You can't give me that kind of power and not expect MOM GET THE CAMERA

watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 14 2017 00:18 GMT
#1572
I only wonder what ME would've brought to the table if he hadn't tilted off the face of this planet and gotten modkilled that really fucked the town over, too
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 14 2017 00:19 GMT
#1574
We used skype for our QT basically; i think calix said she'd dump some shit somewhere. A lot of it was off topic though, so i'll let her handle that
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 14 2017 00:27 GMT
#1580
If anyone has any suggestions/analysis for my scum play in particular I'd be all ears. This was my first game since my first game ever as scum, so I'm still not super well versed in the alignment.

What set off the alarm bells in Vivax/disformations head early? Common stuff? A lot of people in obs flip flopped on me so I didn't some things right, but obviously some of my early play was bad.

Thanks in advance!
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 14 2017 00:28 GMT
#1581
On January 14 2017 09:27 darthfoley wrote:
If anyone has any suggestions/analysis for my scum play in particular I'd be all ears. This was my first game since my first game ever as scum, so I'm still not super well versed in the alignment.

What set off the alarm bells in Vivax/disformations head early? Common stuff? A lot of people in obs flip flopped on me so I did some things right, but obviously some of my early play was bad.

Thanks in advance!

watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 14 2017 00:28 GMT
#1582
Oops, that was supposed to be an edit
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 14 2017 01:07 GMT
#1622
On January 14 2017 09:37 kitaman27 wrote:
As a side note, having ME as someone's name got really confusing at times.There were a bunch of posts that I would read out of context then wonder why someone would be calling themselves mafia. XD


Try cntrl + F ing ME lol it was horrendous
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 14 2017 01:21 GMT
#1633
On January 14 2017 10:10 Damdred wrote:
Apologies for not playing better to an extent really hard coming in basically in Mylo.

Really should of stuck with the Df scrum read tsk.

But yeah vivax played well, still confused why me titled so hard over nothing in my mind.

Calif my biggest criticism would probably be you really are passive seeming as scum. It piqued my interest a couple of times the fights you were getting into really didn't lead to to much.

D3 df played amazingly to have the game in the bag imo really inc in both of you there.

Really I don't think to am ever wins this situation in a game to many things happened.

Gg all though


Yea you were super townie when you had the chance to be. I was actually a little nervous with how Calix kept throwing shade on you D3; thought you might just turn on her.

It also helped that Vivax sort of backed off of me near EoD1 so I had that as a semi ready defense
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 14 2017 01:22 GMT
#1636
On January 14 2017 10:20 Calix wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2017 10:17 Damdred wrote:
On January 14 2017 10:16 disformation wrote:
Well you came in as a super questionable slot and were instantly obvious town.


Not often anymore people say this you know


Maybe it was because obvscum!Calix was trying to discredit you the moment you walked in

If it's any consolation, the reaction on Skype to seeing that you were the replacement was...amusing.

Speaking of that, shout out to DF and squishy who were great to play with. It's a refreshing change to have a team who you can actually work with instead of lugging around like dead-weight.


Right back atcha. I couldn't be scum because my one scum a year ago was different, right?
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 14 2017 01:31 GMT
#1642
I hope the newbies play again! Even those who didn't really have a good time (ME, Boston). I was really bad my first few games and kinda flailed around so I know the frustration.

I've only played 7-8 games on TL over the past year and I've improved a lot. Coaching and newbie games are a great resource. That's actually what made me more comfortable. HtS was also a great resource even though I wasn't a newbie.

I know it sucks to get mislynched and misread, but I hope you can see the appeal to TL mafia and play again.

I'm probably gonna take a break for a few weeks at least and just obs games. Between this game and Hosts Revemge, my mind is psychologically fucked for a while haha
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 14 2017 01:32 GMT
#1643
I really want to roll Vigi so I can blow my load on Vivax too
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 14 2017 01:34 GMT
#1644
Is it possible to have all three scum as newbies? That would be unfortunate
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 14 2017 01:38 GMT
#1649
When Vivax called me out for that post D1 I nearly shit my pants.
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 14 2017 02:11 GMT
#1659
On January 14 2017 10:53 LightningStrike wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2017 10:50 Damdred wrote:
Emotion is something hard to change but I think it's better to strive to being the scrum game up than push that part of your town game down.

I think I struggle with the same thing and have really tired to change my acun game. It's really rewarding when you trick people in meta

We did it together in Cell and fooled people very well there lol.


T R I G G E R E D
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 14 2017 02:45 GMT
#1666
On January 14 2017 11:39 B0stonSC wrote:
Well that was fun, good game! hopefully next time I will do a better job. GG all, now when does the next game start?


That's what I like to hear Were you AFK for irl reasons or because you were sad everyone was voting for you, or both?

Generally if you don't have a lot of time, you should really focus on a few things rather than spreading yourself thin. If you had done that, I don't think people would've been as suspicious of you.

There's currently open spots for the Liquidmania #2 qualifiers, but that'll be a lot higher level game play and slightly different because it only has 9 players (7T, 2M). If you're interested, I suggest you observe the game with me and some others.

/obs'ing basically means you'll be put in your own private chat to discuss what you think is happening in the game, but you're not actually in the game. It's obviously a lot less stressful and time consuming and you can bounce ideas off of more experienced players as well.

Not sure when the next newbie mafia game will be, but think about signing up for it! It's probably the easiest way to improve, and expectations are a little lower.
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
darthfoley
Profile Blog Joined February 2011
United States8004 Posts
January 14 2017 02:51 GMT
#1667
I'm also sad B0ston was AFK because I read through his coaching QT and I actually liked a lot of his points and discussion with Koshi. It just didn't transfer very well into the thread, though that's kind of a common theme for newer players.
watch the wall collide with my fist, mostly over problems that i know i should fix
Prev 1 9 10 11 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1266
TKL 435
IndyStarCraft 285
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1266
ByuN 512
TKL 415
IndyStarCraft 312
Reynor 175
BRAT_OK 55
EmSc Tv 4
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 34100
Calm 2624
Shuttle 388
Mini 161
White-Ra 114
firebathero 102
Mong 59
soO 19
scan(afreeca) 17
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc9127
Counter-Strike
fl0m3566
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3545
Liquid`Hasu481
MindelVK3
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2279
FrodaN1434
B2W.Neo760
olofmeister624
Khaldor471
KnowMe279
Beastyqt204
crisheroes174
Livibee173
Mew2King74
ToD56
kaitlyn16
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick434
BasetradeTV217
StarCraft 2
EmSc Tv 4
EmSc2Tv 4
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 30
• Reevou 8
• Adnapsc2 7
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach68
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• blackmanpl 18
• 80smullet 5
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV589
Other Games
• imaqtpie976
• Shiphtur726
• tFFMrPink 10
Upcoming Events
BSL Open Qualifier
28m
BSL Open Qualifier
28m
OSC
4h 28m
Replay Cast
4h 28m
OSC
17h 28m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 16h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.