• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:41
CEST 11:41
KST 18:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8389 users

Who needs 72 hours anyway! [M][T] - Page 24

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 22 23 24 All
Lunaticman
Profile Joined November 2007
Sweden1097 Posts
July 28 2016 17:25 GMT
#2859
On July 29 2016 01:23 Rels wrote:
GG folks. A few thoughts.

A lot of people played well but the scum team played a very, very good and clean game. We managed to get a lot of towncred from 1 member being bused, and managed to keep that towncred by never throwing shade at each other during the rest of the game.
Tumble in particular pulled a GB. He played a pretty bad game at the beginning, got scumread for that pretty early on, but managed to make the bus look like a very natural thing and bought Grab and I a lot of cred. Very good play during D2.
Grac's push on kush D1 was super good, it's hard to be a town leader as scum and Grac just took town by the hand after Kruppe claimed very naturally. Very strong play, kush was a perfect, perfect D1 lynch for scum: strong player that was AFK, no info gained at all. I managed to do that on sicklucker D3 too, and on prp D4. Overall we played very good. Grac also had a good read on Koshi being cop, roleblocking N2 and killing him N3.

About what could town have done better:
Lunatic, stop posting sometimes and just think. A mafia game is almost always not as simple as it looks. Your vote on DC at the end is a good example: this is LYLO with instant hammer, if you're wrong the game is lost instantly. There is nothing wrong with taking the full day to reread and talk about things. You obviously put a lot of effort in this game so I know it's hard to be crushed like that. I would recommand you to play a newbie game with a coach to improve.
prp, you played a good game up until that sicklucker hammer. That was super retarded. When sicklucker left the thread he wasn't the lynch; when he got back he was lynched. It was a super good move for scum to hammer him early, before he could say anything. After that during D4 I understand that you were tired of being scumread all the time and just wanted out of this game. But there was a reason my case on you was super bad and I was the only one not talking about a 2 scum team and was only focusing on you: I was scum and I wanted you to be lynched so the game was over. You could have pressured me on it.
DC, your posts weren't bad at all for a first game of mafia, but you just didn't have the time commitment to play an hard game. Like Lunatic, I would recommend playing a newbie game with a coach.

Finally, Race Bannon. If you ever host again, take it seriously. A host should be invisible to the players and not give any info he has. It's easy to host slip, and you did when you quoted that Shape post from his QT where he called me "scummy". You introduced info to the game that wasn't suppose to be in it.
You can joke around as a player, not as a host. I don't want you to ever host or cohost a game if you don't swear somewhere that you accept being banned from this website if you don't try to be a good host/cohost.

I have nothing but praise to say to the rest. You all played well. Especially Skynx and emperor, you proved that you passed the newb stage. You two played a strong game, sometimes you lose even when playing as good as possible.
You all played well. But the scum played better. ^^


Yes I agree, and EC had a great point on that there was no mafia on the grac lynch should have suggested Grac was mafia himself.
Failure is not an option
Lunaticman
Profile Joined November 2007
Sweden1097 Posts
July 28 2016 17:25 GMT
#2860
On July 29 2016 01:49 Koshi wrote:
I don't know why prplhz killed himself because I don't read games I am not in anymore put I hope I didn't put too much pressure on him D3. I just didn't know where to look.


This was so bad, I just don't know like that really decided a lot in this game.

Also why didn't you claim when I asked you too do it?
Failure is not an option
Lunaticman
Profile Joined November 2007
Sweden1097 Posts
July 28 2016 17:56 GMT
#2863
On July 29 2016 02:41 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 29 2016 02:25 Lunaticman wrote:
On July 29 2016 01:49 Koshi wrote:
I don't know why prplhz killed himself because I don't read games I am not in anymore put I hope I didn't put too much pressure on him D3. I just didn't know where to look.


This was so bad, I just don't know like that really decided a lot in this game.

Also why didn't you claim when I asked you too do it?

So I could maybe get a check off? It was wishful thinking but claiming blue with nothing to show for seems pointless.

I had nothing. I was RB'ed and had a towncheck on Palmar..


God yeah I didn't even entertain that possibility, I'm sorry you really did try well. That Grac man!

I bought him with hook line and sinker.
Failure is not an option
Lunaticman
Profile Joined November 2007
Sweden1097 Posts
July 28 2016 18:01 GMT
#2865
Also Skynx just to make it clear. I'm sorry if i offended you in any way. I understand you think I played bad, but we have a difference in opinion, sometimes that happens.

Also I think I owe EC an apology too, I'm sorry if I offended you!
Failure is not an option
Lunaticman
Profile Joined November 2007
Sweden1097 Posts
July 28 2016 20:11 GMT
#2882
On July 29 2016 03:55 Skynx wrote:
Man what happens is that my mind focusses all the energy to actually genuinely convince someone is mafia after it fits the general mafia criteria that is there. After that they are pretty much hopeless cuz the mind is just reminding itself that even if i back down reasonably they can still be mafia and im making a huge mistake cuz they fit the mafia criteria earlier on.


Yes I'm glad we can put that behind us! But in my mind the mafia are the ones that try the most to look towny. The problem with Grac was that he used Koshi as the perfect cover.

It was rels or dc we should have nailed. Instead of Haze and SL.
Failure is not an option
Lunaticman
Profile Joined November 2007
Sweden1097 Posts
July 28 2016 20:31 GMT
#2884
On July 29 2016 05:26 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 29 2016 05:11 Lunaticman wrote:
On July 29 2016 03:55 Skynx wrote:
Man what happens is that my mind focusses all the energy to actually genuinely convince someone is mafia after it fits the general mafia criteria that is there. After that they are pretty much hopeless cuz the mind is just reminding itself that even if i back down reasonably they can still be mafia and im making a huge mistake cuz they fit the mafia criteria earlier on.


Yes I'm glad we can put that behind us! But in my mind the mafia are the ones that try the most to look towny. The problem with Grac was that he used Koshi as the perfect cover.

It was rels or dc we should have nailed. Instead of Haze and SL.

In this game that was true (minus Koshi who looked super townie). That's definitely not always the case though.


No, of course not. THat is what makes the game fun. But yeah it was hard getting to you. EC had a good point to kill you but that is about it.
Failure is not an option
Prev 1 22 23 24 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 19m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 4634
firebathero 2213
Bisu 710
Hyuk 425
BeSt 146
Leta 114
Larva 106
Sexy 105
EffOrt 90
Killer 88
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 81
Soma 78
ToSsGirL 60
ZerO 59
Light 49
Yoon 40
soO 39
Sharp 37
Aegong 28
Bale 24
Sacsri 22
Shinee 18
Rush 18
sorry 17
NaDa 15
Hm[arnc] 14
JulyZerg 9
Terrorterran 5
Pusan 1
Dota 2
Fuzer 145
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1013
byalli840
kRYSTAL_24
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor975
crisheroes589
Other Games
gofns36470
singsing1593
olofmeister1031
ceh9674
Mew2King87
ArmadaUGS45
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream154
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix4
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2340
League of Legends
• Stunt401
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
3h 19m
OSC
12h 19m
CranKy Ducklings
1d
Online Event
1d 1h
FEL
1d 6h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 7h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 9h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.