• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:19
CEST 12:19
KST 19:19
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)55Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8904 users

Who needs 72 hours anyway! [M][T] - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 22 23 24 Next All
Lunaticman
Profile Joined November 2007
Sweden1097 Posts
July 20 2016 11:15 GMT
#146
On July 20 2016 19:58 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2016 19:53 Lunaticman wrote:
On July 20 2016 19:49 Rels wrote:
On July 20 2016 19:44 Lunaticman wrote:
On July 20 2016 19:40 Rels wrote:
On July 20 2016 19:38 Lunaticman wrote:
On July 20 2016 19:36 Rels wrote:
www.quicktopic.com
Reasons
I have them


This post is beyond me, are you saying someone is cheating?

No.
How much IRL mafia did you play ?



About 20 games, with around 8-16 players per game. We usually only played with the standard roles with some flavour such as Medic and Sheriff. But basically vanila mafia. Each game might have lasted around 8 hours per playthrough.

I would consider myself an very vocal player but also guilable. Many games have been one or lost because of people spending to much time analyzing my actions. As I always say to myself the silent mafia is the worst mafia...

but I digress since this seems very different.

How did you play as scum ?


I don't think it would be more than subtile differences tbh between me as a townie or mafia, the biggest thing I would say is that as mafia I would probably spend more time analzying the voting tenendcies before speaking. I would also probably try to spend time "mudding the water" raising suspicion on several players at once.

I don't think I want to reveal more than that otherwise I would spoil the fun.

Usually when I am mafia I make a critical misstake sometimes later in the week but they can be missed...

I also have a tenendcy to change play between playthroughs just to not get to predictable.

And you if I may ask? How do you play?

Why would revealing more about yourself would "spoil the fun" ?

I am an active player as either alignment. As town I have the most success finding scum by finding inconsistency in what they say. As scum I try to replicate that to destroy lynchbait.


Yes I can understand that, a common strategy especially when everything is saved in this format. I always thought mafia would have a big disadvantage in a forum game because on this simple strategy.

I am afraid that if I reveal to much of how I reason this early the mafia will be able to use it against me in a critical junction. Alas it may already be to late for that, we will have to wait and see.

Another fun thing I usually do is play the game blind the first day just to build an opinion of the players without bias but not this time.
Failure is not an option
Lunaticman
Profile Joined November 2007
Sweden1097 Posts
July 20 2016 11:17 GMT
#147
I was expecting emperorchampion to be very active in the beginning since I spectated the last game played (the one with hilary and trump). Maybe he changed his playstyle or maybe he simply asleep.

What do you think Rels?
Failure is not an option
Lunaticman
Profile Joined November 2007
Sweden1097 Posts
July 20 2016 11:29 GMT
#150
Rels since no one else seems to be active right now maybe you could help me explain a bit about the roles.

"Mason and Parity Cop vs Godfather goon and roleblocker

cop and jailkeeper vs Godfather, strongarm and role blocker

Jailkeeper and vigilante vs Godfather, Goon, Strongarm"

I do not recognize the jailkeeper, strong arm and godfather.
Failure is not an option
Lunaticman
Profile Joined November 2007
Sweden1097 Posts
July 20 2016 11:29 GMT
#151
and laso parity cop?
Failure is not an option
Lunaticman
Profile Joined November 2007
Sweden1097 Posts
July 20 2016 11:31 GMT
#152
On July 20 2016 20:26 Skynx wrote:
emperor sounds scummy without even saying a word.


Yes, in my experience the lynch train is highly random the first day. Maybe it is different here?

It would be funny if he got lynched and turned red on the first day though. I would laugh a lot!
Failure is not an option
Lunaticman
Profile Joined November 2007
Sweden1097 Posts
July 20 2016 11:47 GMT
#158
On July 20 2016 20:32 Grackaroni wrote:
From my experience day 1 lynch usually lands on somebody largely inactive.


Yes I agree, is it too soon to start voting?

I am unsure about the timezones for all the players but this is to quiet. It feels like a scum town atm... I would throw accusations left and right now if it was irl to gauge some responses!
Failure is not an option
Lunaticman
Profile Joined November 2007
Sweden1097 Posts
July 20 2016 11:50 GMT
#160
Thanks for the information, it seems like there will be a lot of night action. A shame I wont be privy to it...
Failure is not an option
Lunaticman
Profile Joined November 2007
Sweden1097 Posts
July 20 2016 11:57 GMT
#164
I already scimmed the presidential game, but Id like to form my own opinion on the players first.

But it is a good tip thank you!
Failure is not an option
Lunaticman
Profile Joined November 2007
Sweden1097 Posts
July 20 2016 12:02 GMT
#165
It feels like the calm before the storm...
Failure is not an option
Lunaticman
Profile Joined November 2007
Sweden1097 Posts
July 20 2016 12:26 GMT
#167
On July 20 2016 21:10 Grackaroni wrote:
What kind of mistakes do you usually make as mafia?


haha, I think I can summarise it as:

TL:DR: I talk to much:


Well I tend to contradict myself a lot the further the game goes since I am vocal player most of the time. This usually tends to get me lynched sooner or later as either alignment. If my radar is off the mafia tend to keep me alive or they execute me day one because I am good at converting votes either way i tend to add a lot of information for the more perceptive players.

It his hard to self analyze that way as a mafia player but I think it usually comes down to people thinking I dominate conversations to much and get me on those contradictions when I no longer suit their needs. Especially if I make the town lynch to many townies in the process of my ramblings.

Failure is not an option
Lunaticman
Profile Joined November 2007
Sweden1097 Posts
July 20 2016 12:27 GMT
#168
I need to think a bit more on it tbh...
Failure is not an option
Lunaticman
Profile Joined November 2007
Sweden1097 Posts
July 20 2016 12:41 GMT
#172
Well I think rels is blue based on his posts so far. One mafia usually goes active in the beginning but I dont really have any scum vibes yet.

There is probably a 50/50 red or green on both of you so far.

And what do you think about me so far?
Failure is not an option
Lunaticman
Profile Joined November 2007
Sweden1097 Posts
July 20 2016 12:47 GMT
#177
On July 20 2016 21:43 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2016 21:26 Lunaticman wrote:
On July 20 2016 21:10 Grackaroni wrote:
What kind of mistakes do you usually make as mafia?


haha, I think I can summarise it as:

TL:DR: I talk to much:


Well I tend to contradict myself a lot the further the game goes since I am vocal player most of the time. This usually tends to get me lynched sooner or later as either alignment. If my radar is off the mafia tend to keep me alive or they execute me day one because I am good at converting votes either way i tend to add a lot of information for the more perceptive players.

It his hard to self analyze that way as a mafia player but I think it usually comes down to people thinking I dominate conversations to much and get me on those contradictions when I no longer suit their needs. Especially if I make the town lynch to many townies in the process of my ramblings.


We might become friends. Or arch enemies. Lately I am making more of the latter.


I am not privy to what happend earlier but let's just agree that it is a game it is meant to be fun but sometimes we can get carried away, trust me sometimes I don't have a filter either!

We will just have to wait and see but it is nice to see someone else carrying some of the posting weight!

Either way it is nice to meet all of you and I hope we can become friends even though sometimes we might be on the wrong sides of the "fence"!
Failure is not an option
Lunaticman
Profile Joined November 2007
Sweden1097 Posts
July 20 2016 12:48 GMT
#179
On July 20 2016 21:42 Grackaroni wrote:
The storm has arrived.


It feels like this post has a lot of hidden information care to elaborate?
Failure is not an option
Lunaticman
Profile Joined November 2007
Sweden1097 Posts
July 20 2016 12:54 GMT
#183
On July 20 2016 21:44 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2016 21:41 Lunaticman wrote:
Well I think rels is blue based on his posts so far. One mafia usually goes active in the beginning but I dont really have any scum vibes yet.

There is probably a 50/50 red or green on both of you so far.

And what do you think about me so far?

I'm pretty confident you're town.


Yeah I was almost certain you would say that, I was thinking of a way to summarise how I play with a picture.

[image loading]

Tbh I have no idea how you came to that conclusion.
Failure is not an option
Lunaticman
Profile Joined November 2007
Sweden1097 Posts
July 20 2016 12:55 GMT
#185
On July 20 2016 21:49 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2016 21:48 Lunaticman wrote:
On July 20 2016 21:42 Grackaroni wrote:
The storm has arrived.


It feels like this post has a lot of hidden information care to elaborate?

It's a joke based on your post and me posting.


Yes I know it is just that you timed it with Koshi so I though he was the storm.
Failure is not an option
Lunaticman
Profile Joined November 2007
Sweden1097 Posts
July 20 2016 12:57 GMT
#189
On July 20 2016 21:55 emperorchampion wrote:
heyguysthisisemperorchampiontimetorecordanothermafiagame andthistimeit'samafiagameondamdyhost soo welldoa4pool


Please, spaces...

Don't be so SCUMMY... you dont want to be lynched day one...

*chuckles
Failure is not an option
Lunaticman
Profile Joined November 2007
Sweden1097 Posts
July 20 2016 13:00 GMT
#192
On July 20 2016 21:56 Grackaroni wrote:
Just because you're an extremely eager new player. I'm pretty doubtful you would play like this as mafia.


I agree I am eager, because I have been looking forward to this for a couple of days. But I would probably play like this either way tbh.
Failure is not an option
Lunaticman
Profile Joined November 2007
Sweden1097 Posts
July 20 2016 13:02 GMT
#195
On July 20 2016 21:59 emperorchampion wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2016 19:58 Rels wrote:
On July 20 2016 19:53 Lunaticman wrote:
On July 20 2016 19:49 Rels wrote:
On July 20 2016 19:44 Lunaticman wrote:
On July 20 2016 19:40 Rels wrote:
On July 20 2016 19:38 Lunaticman wrote:
On July 20 2016 19:36 Rels wrote:
www.quicktopic.com
Reasons
I have them


This post is beyond me, are you saying someone is cheating?

No.
How much IRL mafia did you play ?



About 20 games, with around 8-16 players per game. We usually only played with the standard roles with some flavour such as Medic and Sheriff. But basically vanila mafia. Each game might have lasted around 8 hours per playthrough.

I would consider myself an very vocal player but also guilable. Many games have been one or lost because of people spending to much time analyzing my actions. As I always say to myself the silent mafia is the worst mafia...

but I digress since this seems very different.

How did you play as scum ?


I don't think it would be more than subtile differences tbh between me as a townie or mafia, the biggest thing I would say is that as mafia I would probably spend more time analzying the voting tenendcies before speaking. I would also probably try to spend time "mudding the water" raising suspicion on several players at once.

I don't think I want to reveal more than that otherwise I would spoil the fun.

Usually when I am mafia I make a critical misstake sometimes later in the week but they can be missed...

I also have a tenendcy to change play between playthroughs just to not get to predictable.

And you if I may ask? How do you play?

Why would revealing more about yourself would "spoil the fun" ?

I am an active player as either alignment. As town I have the most success finding scum by finding inconsistency in what they say. As scum I try to replicate that to destroy lynchbait.


This man is town for sure!


haha, wow how did this read happen :D

I thank you for the vote of confidence though!
Failure is not an option
Lunaticman
Profile Joined November 2007
Sweden1097 Posts
July 20 2016 13:03 GMT
#198
On July 20 2016 22:00 Skynx wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 20 2016 21:57 emperorchampion wrote:
On July 20 2016 20:52 Skynx wrote:
I would check presidental mafia and newbie mafia for metas if you're really curious and have some free-time. I got some clients coming in so prolly last post till late night.


ooh buisness baller, eh?

No, I'm doing internship and they barely paid attention to me :/


Yes I'm at work right now too and it is the same for me.
Failure is not an option
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 22 23 24 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 41m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 5
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 27861
firebathero 2275
Bisu 816
Hyuk 453
Horang2 379
BeSt 212
Larva 180
EffOrt 129
Sexy 122
Leta 103
[ Show more ]
Soma 99
Dewaltoss 89
Light 80
Killer 71
Rush 54
Pusan 53
ZerO 50
Barracks 48
soO 47
ToSsGirL 46
Mini 45
Yoon 36
Sharp 35
Aegong 28
Shinee 27
NaDa 24
Bale 23
Sacsri 18
sorry 15
Hm[arnc] 14
JulyZerg 12
Noble 12
Terrorterran 6
zelot 5
Dota 2
Fuzer 187
Counter-Strike
shoxiejesuss1824
byalli869
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor957
crisheroes799
Other Games
gofns36367
singsing1592
olofmeister1067
Mew2King85
ArmadaUGS45
B2W.Neo20
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream174
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH24
• StrangeGG 12
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Stellar Fest
2h 41m
OSC
11h 41m
CranKy Ducklings
23h 41m
Online Event
1d
FEL
1d 5h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 6h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 8h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 23h
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.