• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:06
CEST 21:06
KST 04:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)75Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups?
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8339 users

Names Are Hard mini mafia - Page 8

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
June 20 2016 18:03 GMT
#2151
ok I was gone for less time than expected
rels, if my reads didn't involve since the start of the game and I'm really wure of them, why is that an indicator that I am scum and not that I was mostly right and confident in my reads?
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
June 20 2016 18:08 GMT
#2154
On June 21 2016 02:46 Rels wrote:
Yep Tumble let's fight. I'm decided.

VE, SL: I'm asking for a DUEL with Tumble. Leave your vote on Palmar, so it's 3-2 Palmar-Rels. That's a risk you have to take. I'm taking it too.
If Palmar is not scum, the game is lost. That's part of the risk. He's very very likely scum though: town!Palmar appears decisive but he's actually always doubting and thinking about the game. He wouldn't 100% scumread me for all these days over something I'm known to do, IE tunneling someone because of only one post. But never once did he showed doubts about me.

Now if VE and SL are scum with palmar, the scum in there will switch to me and we lose the game right there. That is the risk I'm taking.
If no switch happens AND Palmar is scum, then VE and SL are confirmed town. And Tumble will be confirmed scum, and from his POV I will be the only one left to be pushed. 1V1 fight

there's something to make of this for sure
hold on while I think about things

...

alright I've got it
in a world where rels is with palmar rels is committing suicide but probably banking on his plan not working.
in a world where rels is with ve rels is hoping to get his one out mislynched today. that would definitely make sense.
in a world where ve is with palmar rels is a scrub.
hm maybe there wasn't anything to make of this
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
June 20 2016 18:11 GMT
#2156
On June 21 2016 03:06 Rels wrote:
First this:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2016 01:51 Rels wrote:
On June 21 2016 01:29 Tumblewood wrote:
if ve is scum he's going for the "be as obvious as possible and they'll be too scared to lynch me" plan. and it might be working, I feel really uncomfortable lynching him.

What do you mean ?

What posts are you talking about here ?

generally ve is mentioning that he's town / he shouldn't be lynched / people shouldn't be scumreading him waaay more than a normal townie is and had some pretty horseshit posts at the start of the game. this is a) town!ve being weird and we shouldn't lynch him or b) scum!ve playing the "too scummy to be scum" card
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
June 20 2016 18:13 GMT
#2158
On June 21 2016 03:09 Rels wrote:
Now my answer:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2016 03:03 Tumblewood wrote:
ok I was gone for less time than expected
rels, if my reads didn't involve since the start of the game and I'm really wure of them, why is that an indicator that I am scum and not that I was mostly right and confident in my reads?

1. cause town are almost never 100% right this early in the game. The last post that called all the mafia in D2 in a game was by rsoul in Himalayas, and it was so impressive she got a 2015 reward from that.
2. cause scum has an harder time changing reads than town because they need to fabricate the reasons for this change.

what I did not "100% right" though, it's 3 for 5. plus if I were scum I know not to be super right because being good is probably a scumtell for me.
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
June 20 2016 18:13 GMT
#2160
On June 21 2016 03:13 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2016 03:11 Tumblewood wrote:
On June 21 2016 03:06 Rels wrote:
First this:
On June 21 2016 01:51 Rels wrote:
On June 21 2016 01:29 Tumblewood wrote:
if ve is scum he's going for the "be as obvious as possible and they'll be too scared to lynch me" plan. and it might be working, I feel really uncomfortable lynching him.

What do you mean ?

What posts are you talking about here ?

generally ve is mentioning that he's town / he shouldn't be lynched / people shouldn't be scumreading him waaay more than a normal townie is and had some pretty horseshit posts at the start of the game. this is a) town!ve being weird and we shouldn't lynch him or b) scum!ve playing the "too scummy to be scum" card

But this was posted after a set of posts by VE that I did not felt were "too scummy to be scum" ?

that was a feeling I was harboring for a while
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
June 20 2016 18:16 GMT
#2163
I can't tell if the latest interactions between palmar and rels are genuine (aka palmar is town) or really good distancing
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
June 20 2016 18:18 GMT
#2164
man it's really easy to see how scummy rels is when you start with the assumption that he's scum
ve too
palmar almost
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
June 20 2016 18:25 GMT
#2171
On June 21 2016 03:19 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2016 03:13 Tumblewood wrote:
On June 21 2016 03:13 Rels wrote:
On June 21 2016 03:11 Tumblewood wrote:
On June 21 2016 03:06 Rels wrote:
First this:
On June 21 2016 01:51 Rels wrote:
On June 21 2016 01:29 Tumblewood wrote:
if ve is scum he's going for the "be as obvious as possible and they'll be too scared to lynch me" plan. and it might be working, I feel really uncomfortable lynching him.

What do you mean ?

What posts are you talking about here ?

generally ve is mentioning that he's town / he shouldn't be lynched / people shouldn't be scumreading him waaay more than a normal townie is and had some pretty horseshit posts at the start of the game. this is a) town!ve being weird and we shouldn't lynch him or b) scum!ve playing the "too scummy to be scum" card

But this was posted after a set of posts by VE that I did not felt were "too scummy to be scum" ?

that was a feeling I was harboring for a while

So what did you think of VE's last batch of posts ?

I ignored them when I went over them the first time
the second time I noticed that both you and ve don't think the other is scum which is weird because all of you/ve/palmar should be hard-scumreading the other two. I'd also expect more of a bus but then again if you can get away with a 3-2 vote for palmar why wouldn't you?
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
June 20 2016 18:26 GMT
#2172
On June 21 2016 03:23 sicklucker wrote:
yes. and holy shit if mafia decides to kill ve over me were gonna have another rels/tumble/sl final 3. no thank you

please this time it's going to be really easy because this time I am obv town
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
June 20 2016 18:26 GMT
#2174
On June 21 2016 03:22 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2016 03:21 sicklucker wrote:
also im kind of paranoid its gona shit up again. also I took a 3 day job starting toromorow that will take up alot of time. so if your gonna duel do it today imo

That's nonsense. Do you feel like making a game-turning decision with this little time ?

> tfw rels realizes he's going to lose the duel so he calls it off
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
June 20 2016 18:31 GMT
#2177
sl you should vote rels instead of palmar
ve/palmar team 99% of the time doesn't exist and it eliminates the possibility of the me/you/rels lylo (though anyone/palmar/ve lylo is scarier)
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
June 20 2016 18:44 GMT
#2190
On June 21 2016 03:34 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2016 03:31 Tumblewood wrote:
sl you should vote rels instead of palmar
ve/palmar team 99% of the time doesn't exist and it eliminates the possibility of the me/you/rels lylo (though anyone/palmar/ve lylo is scarier)

Did you already explain this ?

like the part where you're scum? yeah. it's not like palmar and ve don't make sense together as a team, it's that scumminess is distributed 50.5% palmar 50.5% ve 99% you
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
June 20 2016 18:47 GMT
#2196
palmar stop being a dumbface and tell me about ve
here, I'll even create a fill-in-the-blanks for you:

Hi! My name is Palmar. My favorite hobbies include kicking puppies and not playing mafia, but today I want to tell you about a player named VisceraEyes. He is _____ this game because _______________.
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
June 20 2016 18:49 GMT
#2199
On June 21 2016 03:46 Rels wrote:
This doesn't make sense. VE / Palmar doesn't make sense because I am so scum ?

simple math
2 scum left. subtract 1 rels and you get 1 scum. ve and palmar would be 2 scums and 2 is more than 1, so ve and palmar can't both be scum.
I admit I shouldn't be so certain of it but there is notuniverse where I vote both ve and palmar over you.
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
June 20 2016 18:51 GMT
#2204
On June 21 2016 03:45 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2016 03:44 Tumblewood wrote:
On June 21 2016 03:34 Rels wrote:
On June 21 2016 03:31 Tumblewood wrote:
sl you should vote rels instead of palmar
ve/palmar team 99% of the time doesn't exist and it eliminates the possibility of the me/you/rels lylo (though anyone/palmar/ve lylo is scarier)

Did you already explain this ?

like the part where you're scum? yeah. it's not like palmar and ve don't make sense together as a team, it's that scumminess is distributed 50.5% palmar 50.5% ve 99% you

Then why are you not OK killing Palmar ? You said all these things about Palmar being scum and VE being town.

pls my last five posts about ve have been "ve is maybe scum but hmmm I'm not sure" so of course I wouldn't want to coinflip on palmar/ve yet.
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
June 20 2016 18:53 GMT
#2208
On June 21 2016 03:51 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2016 03:49 Tumblewood wrote:
On June 21 2016 03:46 Rels wrote:
This doesn't make sense. VE / Palmar doesn't make sense because I am so scum ?

simple math
2 scum left. subtract 1 rels and you get 1 scum. ve and palmar would be 2 scums and 2 is more than 1, so ve and palmar can't both be scum.
I admit I shouldn't be so certain of it but there is notuniverse where I vote both ve and palmar over you.

Which is why you're scum. Town do not have this kind of certainty

lol town tunnel all the time. remember jat game where I tunneled rsoul (I called her confscum several times) until she was NK'd? or xxi where tt tunneled super all game?
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
June 20 2016 18:55 GMT
#2210
On June 21 2016 03:54 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 21 2016 03:53 Tumblewood wrote:
On June 21 2016 03:51 Rels wrote:
On June 21 2016 03:49 Tumblewood wrote:
On June 21 2016 03:46 Rels wrote:
This doesn't make sense. VE / Palmar doesn't make sense because I am so scum ?

simple math
2 scum left. subtract 1 rels and you get 1 scum. ve and palmar would be 2 scums and 2 is more than 1, so ve and palmar can't both be scum.
I admit I shouldn't be so certain of it but there is notuniverse where I vote both ve and palmar over you.

Which is why you're scum. Town do not have this kind of certainty

lol town tunnel all the time. remember jat game where I tunneled rsoul (I called her confscum several times) until she was NK'd? or xxi where tt tunneled super all game?

And what happened before the end of the game ?

BESIDES THE POINT
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
June 20 2016 18:58 GMT
#2212
rels: calls everything his target does scum for bad reasons
me: those reasons are bad
rels: but see the scum motivation?
me: but why is it that motivation and not a townie motivation
rels: because scum wants to do this
me: no that's still bad
rels: no you're bad

they say the winner writes history
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
June 20 2016 18:59 GMT
#2213
On June 21 2016 03:58 Rels wrote:
Tumble you have so many "XXX what do you think of YYY"' in your filter I don't know how I didn't catch this earlier. It looks like you said to yourself "OK I'm gonna be really questionning people this game" when the game started. And you usually do nothing with the answer.

I usually don't get an answer + Show Spoiler +
*cough cough PALMAR VE*
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
June 20 2016 19:01 GMT
#2216
yeah I'm not spending another day yelling at rels
sl please switch pretty please
good times for all
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 54m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 430
ProTech170
UpATreeSC 118
BRAT_OK 106
Railgan 49
MindelVK 20
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 1913
Shuttle 500
Dewaltoss 139
Trap 33
Bale 23
scan(afreeca) 15
Dota 2
XaKoH 597
420jenkins422
Counter-Strike
fl0m4098
Fnx 678
kRYSTAL_29
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3654
Liquid`Hasu526
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi2066
summit1g1450
FrodaN962
B2W.Neo413
Livibee194
C9.Mang0146
TKL 102
QueenE77
ToD71
RotterdaM58
Mew2King34
JuggernautJason18
PPMD2
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV234
BasetradeTV155
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream30
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Reevou 8
• Adnapsc2 5
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 34
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3016
• TFBlade837
Other Games
• Shiphtur1369
• imaqtpie744
• WagamamaTV338
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
4h 54m
Patches Events
20h 54m
The PondCast
1d 14h
INu's Battles
1d 15h
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
2 days
Replay Cast
2 days
OSC
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
Patches Events
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.