• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 06:01
CEST 12:01
KST 19:01
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror3[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7115 users

[M][N]A Wonderful Normal Game of Mafia - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 04 2016 11:42 GMT
#259
On May 04 2016 10:58 RiceyKins wrote:
I don't think bold accusations are inherently bad Fazers, but I disagree that Killing is being bold with his claims. If one of his reasons for suspecting me is saying sorry to Marv idk I find that rather weak actually and it's personal bias considering I was actually misunderstanding something and he cleared it up for me.

I also think going after Shape at this point is just plain bad. At first I thought Shape was a little too friendly with Kush and trying to parrot his opinions but after re-reading his filter that isn't really the case and I think he's made the best points out of any of us so far. So I dunno why out of everybody here he would put the two of us on a list together when honestly speaking we're on opposite ends in terms of contributions for town. That's somewhat strange.

can you tell me which in particular?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 04 2016 11:42 GMT
#260
On May 04 2016 12:18 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2016 10:31 Fazers wrote:
To address your questions:

I want to lynch Killing possibly, he's making a bit of noise. I guess activity is pretty good early on to form
initiative, but a lot of bold accusations imo.


I don't care about people who are inactive in this game so far. It's been a little quiet.

I have a strong opinion about Shapelog - imo he's a strong player from my observations. Thus I will not vote to lynch him on Day 1. However, that may change as days pass.

Making noise is not a scumtell. Bold accusations aren't either.

[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 04 2016 11:44 GMT
#261
On May 04 2016 14:45 RiceyKins wrote:
Mig hasn't said a word since the game started where Dr.P has said one thing and hasn't come back. If the discussion is about which inactive player we believe should be lynched I'll go with Dr.P because he's clearly been here and made a decision not to continue but Mig is a ? and I can deal with waiting to see. It's not a great situation either way but if we're picking between the two I'd lynch Dr.P.

And yeah I think it looks rehearsed. 18 hours into the game where neither of you have shown up "Oh man JAT hasn't posted yet he must be sick!" 5 minutes later "Ha Ha oh Marv I just came back from the doctor cause I'm sick". If you don't think that's some oddly good timing and an insane coincidence idk Considering there's almost nothing else to mention about the two of you to this point yeah its suspect. You also don't have to be lying about coming back from the doctor, it's very possible Marv knew and just waited for you to be around to put on a show.

i can see you're jealous of me.

this is a good state of affairs. keep it up.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 04 2016 11:45 GMT
#262
also jat is right, if you think 2 mafia buddies would connect to each other so obviously like that then you're insane, or mafia, or clueless.

stay tuned to find out which!
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 04 2016 11:48 GMT
#263
On May 04 2016 15:04 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2016 14:30 justanothertownie wrote:
Rehearsed? lol
Do you really think if I was mafia with marv we would make such a stupid and completely unnecessary play? Why?

I never lie about rl stuff regardless of my alignment.


I think I agree that thrawn looks the worst from the list I gave based on solely on the fact that Mig didn't post at all while he was clearly around at some point. But saying "slam did more" is like saying homeopathic medicine does more than placebo pills.

This is epic

Bro-fist on the seeing through homeopathic stuff "lemonade will cure your cancer!" Lol. Riiiiiiiight so my cousin's UCLA grad level research in the matter is pointless because lemons. That literally insults her work.

Yet it is like my posting, I post half-ass jokes and that gets me a town pass? Isn't half the joke based on the fact that this usually happens? I have set the bar for myself so low that I can cruise through 90% of my games suspicion free.

So I find we are a bit too inactive here and will probably need to start voting video people to get them to start talking. Fear of talking is a factor, but when you are already up for lunch you have nothing to lose and start talking.

So let's do that. ##Vote: Etellex

Get my vote off you sir. Why aren't you just lurking scum? You can't get a read; fine. But nothing at all to say? Scum is a lot scarier then town, sir, so... New or not I am inclined to actually lean scum on you. Prove me wrong.

I don't like this very much, Slam.

This may be because I have close and recent personal experience of my other half struggling in exactly the same fashion.I thought (weakly) when I read Etellex's first post that it indicated town. While town doesn't know at all what to look for, mafia doesn't have to know what to look for, and can always find something, anything, suspicious because it doesn't actually matter what
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 04 2016 11:49 GMT
#264
On May 04 2016 15:08 Tubesock wrote:
I'll support this.

##Vote: Etellex

so to follow on: ugh.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 04 2016 11:50 GMT
#266
oh yeah.

so... why is he voting him then
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 04 2016 11:52 GMT
#268
i dunno about Riceykins. His point about you (jat) and me is ridiculous. But if he's a smurf who has a vague idea of who we are (and i guess especially me because i've been around longer) it's kinda a bold play to try to implicate 2 influential players with something so thin.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 04 2016 11:52 GMT
#269
On May 04 2016 20:51 justanothertownie wrote:
I have no idea actually. Your post made me remember that one.

yus.

so Slam, if you empathise with Etellex's post, why are you voting him ahead of all others?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 04 2016 11:55 GMT
#271
On May 04 2016 20:54 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2016 20:52 marvellosity wrote:
i dunno about Riceykins. His point about you (jat) and me is ridiculous. But if he's a smurf who has a vague idea of who we are (and i guess especially me because i've been around longer) it's kinda a bold play to try to implicate 2 influential players with something so thin.

Maybe but on the other hand I would be more inclined to believe he actually genuinely thought that if he would NOT be familiar with our play.

yes. but you have to go back 4+ years to not be familiar with mine
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 04 2016 11:55 GMT
#272
long time. christ
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 04 2016 11:56 GMT
#276
yeah i think i'm confusing myself.

one momento
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 04 2016 11:59 GMT
#277
On May 04 2016 20:56 Tubesock wrote:
I think this answers your question and also explains how he can relate.

Show nested quote +
On May 04 2016 15:04 Alakaslam wrote:
On May 04 2016 14:30 justanothertownie wrote:
Rehearsed? lol
Do you really think if I was mafia with marv we would make such a stupid and completely unnecessary play? Why?

I never lie about rl stuff regardless of my alignment.


I think I agree that thrawn looks the worst from the list I gave based on solely on the fact that Mig didn't post at all while he was clearly around at some point. But saying "slam did more" is like saying homeopathic medicine does more than placebo pills.

This is epic

Bro-fist on the seeing through homeopathic stuff "lemonade will cure your cancer!" Lol. Riiiiiiiight so my cousin's UCLA grad level research in the matter is pointless because lemons. That literally insults her work.


Yet it is like my posting, I post half-ass jokes and that gets me a town pass? Isn't half the joke based on the fact that this usually happens? I have set the bar for myself so low that I can cruise through 90% of my games suspicion free.

So I find we are a bit too inactive here and will probably need to start voting video people to get them to start talking. Fear of talking is a factor, but when you are already up for lunch you have nothing to lose and start talking.

So let's do that. ##Vote: Etellex

Get my vote off you sir. Why aren't you just lurking scum? You can't get a read; fine. But nothing at all to say? Scum is a lot scarier then town, sir, so... New or not I am inclined to actually lean scum on you. Prove me wrong.


the problem is, when i have a similar feeling in response to Etellex's post (empathising, understanding how it could be the case) and yet Slam ends up voting for him while I'm leaning town.

So that's 2 different results from the same response to his post. Obviously a different response doesn't have to mean scum, but it definitely merits trying to figure out what and why.

I find your vote scummier than Slam's tbh. It's a weak follow.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 04 2016 12:00 GMT
#278
On May 04 2016 20:56 marvellosity wrote:
yeah i think i'm confusing myself.

one momento

yes right. my point was (i believe) that it's quite likely that he's familar with my play (and possibly yours), and on that basis going after us like that is a pretty dumb play for a mafia. maybe.

i'm not going to make all that much of it because it's not strong either way, just a thought
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 04 2016 12:02 GMT
#281
all the players i signed up to play with aren't playing

this makes me sad as i'm not playing so much anymore
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 04 2016 12:03 GMT
#282
no offence intended to the rest of you of course, you're all delightful. unless you decide to call me mafia in which case you become the devil's spawn
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 04 2016 12:08 GMT
#288
On May 04 2016 21:04 Tubesock wrote:
I think you guys are being over dramatic about his scumming you. He said you're both nulls and thought the coincidence was strange.

I don't get why it matters if he knows your reputations or not.

He'd know you're both good players, maybe he doesn't know you enough to know you don't do crazy shit. You're good enough to do crazy shit though. And even then if he hasn't played in awhile then he woldn't know if you could do crazy shit or not.

Why is this such a big deal?

sorry, someone has to be strongly calling someone mafia for a line of thought to be terrible? wat?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 04 2016 12:33 GMT
#298
On May 04 2016 21:19 Tubesock wrote:
No marv. It's kinda simple to me. I can see someone seeing your entrance and being suspicious. I do think you'd have to think a little deeper about it to come to the conclusion that there is 0% chance mafia would do that. You can call Ricey scummy for not thinking deeply sure. To me he was a bit confused about what was going on and said something. And you guys are taking his comments as him meaning more than they do.

what are we taking them as meaning?

is one of us all out gunning for him as mafia or something?

clue: no. so why are you talking?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 04 2016 12:34 GMT
#301
On May 04 2016 21:32 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 04 2016 14:53 justanothertownie wrote:
On May 04 2016 14:45 RiceyKins wrote:
Mig hasn't said a word since the game started where Dr.P has said one thing and hasn't come back. If the discussion is about which inactive player we believe should be lynched I'll go with Dr.P because he's clearly been here and made a decision not to continue but Mig is a ? and I can deal with waiting to see. It's not a great situation either way but if we're picking between the two I'd lynch Dr.P.

And yeah I think it looks rehearsed. 18 hours into the game where neither of you have shown up "Oh man JAT hasn't posted yet he must be sick!" 5 minutes later "Ha Ha oh Marv I just came back from the doctor cause I'm sick". If you don't think that's some oddly good timing and an insane coincidence idk Considering there's almost nothing else to mention about the two of you to this point yeah its suspect. You also don't have to be lying about coming back from the doctor, it's very possible Marv knew and just waited for you to be around to put on a show.

Why? Why on earth would we put on a show like that? It doesn't make any sense.
What does a supposed mafia team of marv and me gain from doing that? Explain this to me.

Of course it is an insane coincidence. That's why I found it so funny.


May I explain it?
Mafia hard it hard to interact with each other. They know each other are scummy but don't want to lynch each other.
So by forcing yourself to have a natural conversation, you are making your interactions not look like s/s.

how was it natural?

ricey's whole point was that it seemed contrived.

as usual you're reaching to try and find anything suspicious about me.

it's endearing you care about me so much
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
May 04 2016 12:37 GMT
#304
On May 04 2016 21:37 nnn_thekushmountains wrote:
marv, the point was that it seemed unnatural in that you tried too hard to make it seem natural.

explain exactly how.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Rush vs Light
StarCastTV_EN42
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko77
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 6967
actioN 531
BeSt 526
Leta 451
Jaedong 426
FanTaSy 402
Bisu 285
Larva 232
EffOrt 193
Zeus 124
[ Show more ]
Dewaltoss 121
sorry 116
Mong 107
Barracks 71
ToSsGirL 64
Killer 58
scan(afreeca) 58
Free 50
Shinee 39
Aegong 36
sSak 34
soO 31
Bale 30
Horang2 29
NotJumperer 19
yabsab 17
HiyA 15
Sexy 11
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
XcaliburYe212
Counter-Strike
byalli943
Other Games
summit1g9077
olofmeister1030
singsing813
Pyrionflax237
crisheroes237
KnowMe114
dupreeh52
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
Afreeca ASL 1295
Other Games
gamesdonequick664
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 25
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 28
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1092
• Stunt389
Other Games
• WagamamaTV185
Upcoming Events
WardiTV Weekly
1h
Monday Night Weeklies
6h
Replay Cast
13h
Afreeca Starleague
1d
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 1h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 14h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.