• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 02:42
CEST 08:42
KST 15:42
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20262Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 6520 users

Team Melee Mini Mafia VI: Newbies and Vets

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
March 03 2016 03:28 GMT
#1405
K guys I'm going to do the thing where I try and catch up on literally a thousand posts in an hour
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
March 03 2016 03:37 GMT
#1411
Finished with Koshi's filter. His position in this game is mostly MARV IS A MILLION PERCENT MAFIA. This was a tactic I used in the very first game I played against my scumbuddy Shape. This is not Koshi's very first game, and I think that this level of tunneling (though he started to consider other possible scum later on) is not a scum tactic. I take it as him just being convinced by this one sign in marv's filter (hedging) and wanting very much to get him lynched. The intensity dying down I'd call scummy (mafia railing someone for a day or two and then laying off when no one takes to it), but he's still going for it a little. Town lean
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
March 03 2016 03:46 GMT
#1418
Continued with Felkyr's filter. His D1 posting was very strong, and now that I read further so was the rest of it. Before the Damdred/TheCow scum flip, he said, "I am NOT against a TheCow lynch, but at the moment I still believe a Sentinel lynch is better. FF being here might change that." This is a good way for mafia to look fine when a scum partner flips but not make that flip happen. Overall, though, I think he's putting a lot of effort into his reads that I don't think would come from a newbie scum player. Town lean for Team Koshi
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
March 03 2016 03:55 GMT
#1428
Reading Tictock's filter; liking it already for admitting he has no town reads. As scum, it's really easy to just make up a town read because you know exactly who they all are. Now that I've read all of it (except for pages 1 and 3, of course): He feels able to pressure other people without being pressured, which is probably NAI. Town lean
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
March 03 2016 03:59 GMT
#1429
Queenfestor has a nice, 1-page filter. ahhh. I think it's weird that team Blah is just using TT as a representative to the thread. It would be an easy way to conceal a newbie scum, and town... might do it, but doesn't have much reason to. Null read for Team Blahvacado
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
March 03 2016 04:00 GMT
#1430
Unless you guys have an explanation that I missed
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
March 03 2016 04:04 GMT
#1434
Sandroba is very confident in what he sees. That's enough to warrant a strong town read on him IMO. He's being very direct and calling people out. Town read
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
March 03 2016 04:05 GMT
#1435
On March 03 2016 13:03 sandroba wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 03 2016 13:00 Tumblewood wrote:
Unless you guys have an explanation that I missed

really yo, don't waste your time reading team blahvacado.

K nvm ignore everything I said because clearly there's no hope of identifying their alignment
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
March 03 2016 04:08 GMT
#1440
If qob didn't have such a low number next to the word "posts" perhaps this read would be different, but I don't think newbie scum would commit so hard to his (multiple) reads. Town read for Team Innocent
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
March 03 2016 04:09 GMT
#1442
On March 03 2016 13:08 sandroba wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 03 2016 13:05 Tumblewood wrote:
On March 03 2016 13:03 sandroba wrote:
On March 03 2016 13:00 Tumblewood wrote:
Unless you guys have an explanation that I missed

really yo, don't waste your time reading team blahvacado.

K nvm ignore everything I said because clearly there's no hope of identifying their alignment

that's not it dude. they are the jail keeper that just cc'ed a dead mafia.

oh
now I feel bad for being so snarky
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
March 03 2016 04:16 GMT
#1446
Kush is probably town I guess. He looks just like the town kush I've seen in my last two games with him, but I can't say that he's proven himself in any way. For now, Town lean
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
March 03 2016 04:22 GMT
#1449
Shapelog... I've played two games with him, one as town and the other as scum. He was spammy in both of them, and he's pretty spammy here. Someone once said to me, "you just have to look at the value of the stuff that isn't spam." That's BS, because even the things of value are one-liners scattered around the whole filter that don't do anything for me AHHH I hate reading filter. Basically, Shape has not established himself as anything to me, and generally I have no idea on Team Shapemasta
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
March 03 2016 04:26 GMT
#1453
Fecalfeast is defending himself from what I assume was a wagon by... ignoring it? He's not doing very much to actually progress the game (i.e., giving half-decent or thought-out reads). Scum lean
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
March 03 2016 04:32 GMT
#1455
So let me get this straight:

1. I'm scum and about to be lynched
2. To avoid this, I bus the shit out of my teammate
3. My teammate is now about to be lynched
4. To avoid this, he claims a role with a 25% chance of successfully avoiding CC
5. All of this works and JAT gets lynched instead
This is the sole reason I have for townreading Team Prolapse. It's sorta valid-- about equal to the lack of substance behind my FF read. I want to actually see the game play out for now. Null read on Team Prolapse
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
March 03 2016 04:36 GMT
#1458
Also that VisceraEyes guy looks pretty town to me
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
March 03 2016 04:48 GMT
#1464
whoa whoa sentinel
"i'm not scum because my defense is bad and it's usually better as scum"

...

after some thought... maybe NAI because as town it's correct and as mafia it's just a shit defense of a shit defense
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
March 03 2016 06:19 GMT
#1482
On March 03 2016 13:39 [UoN]Sentinel wrote:
Until then, gonna read some filters and go find a scum.

This was an hour ago... You found anything yet?
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
March 03 2016 19:39 GMT
#1634
On March 04 2016 00:44 Shapelog wrote:
Show nested quote +
On March 03 2016 12:37 Tumblewood wrote:
Finished with Koshi's filter. His position in this game is mostly MARV IS A MILLION PERCENT MAFIA. This was a tactic I used in the very first game I played against my scumbuddy Shape. This is not Koshi's very first game, and I think that this level of tunneling (though he started to consider other possible scum later on) is not a scum tactic. I take it as him just being convinced by this one sign in marv's filter (hedging) and wanting very much to get him lynched. The intensity dying down I'd call scummy (mafia railing someone for a day or two and then laying off when no one takes to it), but he's still going for it a little. Town lean

So Marv is already dead. And Tumble brings up a scum tatic form our game, were we scum read each other hard to avoid assoactivey. I do not understand why this factors in. I mean Marv. already fliped.... @Tumble can you clear this up?

Other than that i do not see much wrong with his koshi read.

Kita didn't update the player list, so I never saw flip. Knowing that now I think it was TvT.
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
March 03 2016 19:39 GMT
#1635
Also gg kushshape
good times for all
Tumblewood
Profile Joined January 2016
United States3709 Posts
March 04 2016 02:54 GMT
#1683
On March 04 2016 11:25 Fecalfeast wrote:
So why doesn't everyone put which team they think is the most likely to be mafia in the thread?

Team Innocent - qob is acting like a standoffish prick this game, has been 'tunneled' if you can call it a tunnel on my team for bad reasons. He was called out for scumreading a joke post and vehemently denied that he had done such a thing rather than admit that he misunderstood the post, or simply hadn't read the list of teams. I think qob has shown that his main focus is not to find scum but to cause a disturbance in thread whenever he can.

Wow, qob, if your tactic was to make people irritated just by reading your filter it worked on me

It sounds to me like qob really irritates you, but I don't think that makes him mafia, just means that you're pissed off at him. The post you're talking about is old news, and if scum wanted to cause a disturbance in the thread there are much better ways than a read off of a joke vote.
Also, it's sometimes a newbie tendency to stick with what you've said, even if you don't still feel that way, so that you don't look bad. Qob has played mafia before, though, so that's likely not the case.
good times for all
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 3h 18m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 3116
Rain 1718
GuemChi 536
FanTaSy 526
sSak 80
Hm[arnc] 33
Bale 32
ajuk12(nOOB) 20
Icarus 7
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm164
League of Legends
JimRising 610
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King188
Other Games
summit1g7713
WinterStarcraft645
KnowMe79
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick699
BasetradeTV165
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream46
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki26
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2191
League of Legends
• Lourlo1155
• Rush938
• Stunt472
Other Games
• Shiphtur966
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
3h 18m
INu's Battles
4h 18m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
6h 18m
OSC
15h 33m
Replay Cast
16h 18m
OSC
1d 16h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.