• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:03
CEST 14:03
KST 21:03
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon103
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7183 users

[M][I] Rayn let's be nice Invite Take 2 - Page 23

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 36 Next All
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
January 16 2016 23:35 GMT
#441
It is how he reading the thread seeking interactions and looking from different angles to get to a food conclusion. He has a super town mindset and is trying to be a town hero. Also his approach is balanced even if he comes to conclusions I somewhat disagree with.
NocturneMage
Profile Joined July 2015
United Kingdom1965 Posts
January 16 2016 23:36 GMT
#442
On January 17 2016 08:30 DoYouHas wrote:
So my thinking for a scum NM basically comes down to these two points, which tie together.

1. Strange approach to HF and rayn. NM's initial read is that their scumming eachother was town on town. NM is scumreading Trfel. NM isn't trying to convince people off of the very likely to be lynched HF when he has a townread on HF. Particularly strange since he also has a townread on HF's prime pusher, rayn. It is even stranger when the secondary wagon which has momentum is Trfel.

2. Something that NM was advised of last game by HTS after-the-fact was that something he does as town is to call out when people are using things to call others scum that do not make them scum. The lack of him doing that was one of the ways she was sure he was scum. This game, he is doing that. But he isn't doing it to stop a push on HF.


Same response I just gave to Trfel now. EARLY ENOUGH IN THE GAME and those reads can change, also people policy lynching HF is another issue we have to contend with here. I can convince people of a scumread until I am blue in the face but if people want to policy lynch HF there's nothing I can do about it and I still maintain that Trfel is taking certain NAI factors and making it alignment indicative. (ritoky vs myself......uh hello?!??!?!?!?)

One way to stop a push on a townread is to convince them more on your scumread but aside from saying "plynch is a copout/etc" I'm really not going to get anywhere. And Damdred truly believes in his townread on Trfel, I get that and looked into other people since this is a 10v3 game.
Vlad for life. SKT supporter. I policy lynch all dota players, end of.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 16 2016 23:36 GMT
#443
ofc NM is town.
table for two on a tv tray
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 16 2016 23:36 GMT
#444
Don't think trfel or nm are mafia tbh.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
January 16 2016 23:39 GMT
#445
you guys down to lynch Palmer? dont all speak up at once now
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 16 2016 23:40 GMT
#446
Why deflect from me ace?
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
January 16 2016 23:40 GMT
#447
Vote Count

Trfel (4): AlotSomuch, NocturneMage, geript, VisceraEyes
Holyflare (3): raynpelikoneet, Palmar, Ace
NocturneMage (2): Trfel, DoYouHas
raynpelikoneet! (1): Holyflare
AlotSomuch (1): Cephiro

Not voted (2): ritoky, Damdred

Currently, Trfel is being lynched. You have until Sunday, Jan 17 12:00am GMT (GMT+00:00), or to lynch someone. Voting is mandatory and done in this thread.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
January 16 2016 23:41 GMT
#448
It looks like lynch deadline is approaching, so I'd like to take the chance and appeal to the masses.

Hang AlotSomuch.

I will even provide you a links to my posts so you can read why:

Case
Repeating a main point
Conclusion
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
January 16 2016 23:44 GMT
#449
On January 17 2016 08:40 Holyflare wrote:
Why deflect from me ace?


why not, I love the chaos. You actually want to play now?

Cephiro making good posts too.

Why is Trfel getting booted? :D
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
NocturneMage
Profile Joined July 2015
United Kingdom1965 Posts
January 16 2016 23:44 GMT
#450
On January 17 2016 08:34 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2016 08:29 NocturneMage wrote:
On January 17 2016 08:20 Trfel wrote:
@NocturneMage, I am ignoring geript and Palmar (and AlotSomuch) because I am not sure about them, and because you are mafia

I felt that Palmar is town for meta reasons, but I should probably look again at Assassination Mafia, my meta could be incorrect.


I'm not, and when I flip town, where will you go after that?

Also IIRC Palmar's meta is finding mafia day 1 or being scum for not progressing the game. If you maintain he's town for meta reasons and he's policy lynching HF over a scum read (you) and you're town, why would you be townreading him?

Or if your understanding of his meta is different from mine, then what is it?
I don't know. I'm starting to remember some things that make me less sure that you are mafia, though, so I really need to look into that more.

My perception of Palmar's meta is that as mafia he is serious and as town he is not. Basically just that, but relative to Palmar's play. That's why he was mafia in Outlaw Mafia (to me, anyway), because overall he was serious and actually playing the game as it's intended to be played.

To answer your previous question, I did read the thread (if a bit quickly, there's some time pressure...), and I read your posts. And I still think that you are mafia, though I'm double-checking that read. Yes, I found several things about your more recent posts suspicious, but I don't share every suspicious thing that I see unless I feel that there is a point to it.


Here's the thing, the reason I'm asking you this is accountability. You're driving a mislynch one way or another.

DYH I can't tell at the moment if he's town having a bad read on me because he's just not been in this game or if he's mafia trying to get the easiest ML he can manage.

And Trfel if you are town, then I think you're not entirely accurate on the Palmar meta. He trolled the shit out of people in Outlaw, and in Down Under 3 from obsing I recall him being more serious yelling at people who didn't follow him. It's a faulty reason to town him in your worldview.
Vlad for life. SKT supporter. I policy lynch all dota players, end of.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
January 16 2016 23:45 GMT
#451
btw I didnt see HF and Trfel (the top two wagons at the time I called it out) really going at each other ASM.
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Holyflare
Profile Blog Joined November 2010
United Kingdom30775 Posts
January 16 2016 23:45 GMT
#452
Palmar good kill.
Ace
Profile Blog Joined October 2002
United States16096 Posts
January 16 2016 23:46 GMT
#453
On January 17 2016 08:44 NocturneMage wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2016 08:34 Trfel wrote:
On January 17 2016 08:29 NocturneMage wrote:
On January 17 2016 08:20 Trfel wrote:
@NocturneMage, I am ignoring geript and Palmar (and AlotSomuch) because I am not sure about them, and because you are mafia

I felt that Palmar is town for meta reasons, but I should probably look again at Assassination Mafia, my meta could be incorrect.


I'm not, and when I flip town, where will you go after that?

Also IIRC Palmar's meta is finding mafia day 1 or being scum for not progressing the game. If you maintain he's town for meta reasons and he's policy lynching HF over a scum read (you) and you're town, why would you be townreading him?

Or if your understanding of his meta is different from mine, then what is it?
I don't know. I'm starting to remember some things that make me less sure that you are mafia, though, so I really need to look into that more.

My perception of Palmar's meta is that as mafia he is serious and as town he is not. Basically just that, but relative to Palmar's play. That's why he was mafia in Outlaw Mafia (to me, anyway), because overall he was serious and actually playing the game as it's intended to be played.

To answer your previous question, I did read the thread (if a bit quickly, there's some time pressure...), and I read your posts. And I still think that you are mafia, though I'm double-checking that read. Yes, I found several things about your more recent posts suspicious, but I don't share every suspicious thing that I see unless I feel that there is a point to it.


Here's the thing, the reason I'm asking you this is accountability. You're driving a mislynch one way or another.

DYH I can't tell at the moment if he's town having a bad read on me because he's just not been in this game or if he's mafia trying to get the easiest ML he can manage.

And Trfel if you are town, then I think you're not entirely accurate on the Palmar meta. He trolled the shit out of people in Outlaw, and in Down Under 3 from obsing I recall him being more serious yelling at people who didn't follow him. It's a faulty reason to town him in your worldview.


the fuck? clarify
Math me up, scumboi. - Acrofales
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
January 16 2016 23:47 GMT
#454
On January 17 2016 08:44 NocturneMage wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2016 08:34 Trfel wrote:
On January 17 2016 08:29 NocturneMage wrote:
On January 17 2016 08:20 Trfel wrote:
@NocturneMage, I am ignoring geript and Palmar (and AlotSomuch) because I am not sure about them, and because you are mafia

I felt that Palmar is town for meta reasons, but I should probably look again at Assassination Mafia, my meta could be incorrect.


I'm not, and when I flip town, where will you go after that?

Also IIRC Palmar's meta is finding mafia day 1 or being scum for not progressing the game. If you maintain he's town for meta reasons and he's policy lynching HF over a scum read (you) and you're town, why would you be townreading him?

Or if your understanding of his meta is different from mine, then what is it?
I don't know. I'm starting to remember some things that make me less sure that you are mafia, though, so I really need to look into that more.

My perception of Palmar's meta is that as mafia he is serious and as town he is not. Basically just that, but relative to Palmar's play. That's why he was mafia in Outlaw Mafia (to me, anyway), because overall he was serious and actually playing the game as it's intended to be played.

To answer your previous question, I did read the thread (if a bit quickly, there's some time pressure...), and I read your posts. And I still think that you are mafia, though I'm double-checking that read. Yes, I found several things about your more recent posts suspicious, but I don't share every suspicious thing that I see unless I feel that there is a point to it.


Here's the thing, the reason I'm asking you this is accountability. You're driving a mislynch one way or another.

DYH I can't tell at the moment if he's town having a bad read on me because he's just not been in this game or if he's mafia trying to get the easiest ML he can manage.

And Trfel if you are town, then I think you're not entirely accurate on the Palmar meta. He trolled the shit out of people in Outlaw, and in Down Under 3 from obsing I recall him being more serious yelling at people who didn't follow him. It's a faulty reason to town him in your worldview.
Um, my read is entirely correct.

Palmar didn't troll at all in Outlaw Mafia (at least not in the first three days, pretty sure he didn't after that, either). At least, not relative to Palmar, anyway.

An example of Palmar trolling is shown in Down Under 2, where Palmar was talking to two or three other Palmars. Another example of Palmar trolling is shown in Linux Mafia, where he mocked the recently released movie "The Interview" by drawing attention to himself without furthering the game in any way. It's not something I can explain, you'd have to read it to believe it.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
January 16 2016 23:49 GMT
#455
Okay, looking through Palmar's filter, it appears that my townread on Palmar is really awful. My bad. He definitely has been approaching this game "seriously", but without the fire that Palmar has as town when he thinks he found mafia.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
January 16 2016 23:50 GMT
#456
On January 17 2016 08:29 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 17 2016 08:26 VisceraEyes wrote:
On January 17 2016 08:23 Trfel wrote:
VisceraEyes, why do you think that I am mafia? Because I am not, and I'd like you to lynch mafia with me.

It's based on how you gave your original mafia read and based on how you're approaching the game so far. I don't know if you responded to my original point or not, I haven't fully read the thread, but it was basically that your initial accusation post felt weak and obligatory.
If you must know, I was attempting to save a game that I was worried would need to be aborted, again.

About half of my reasons to scumread ritoky were fluff, about half were genuine reasons. Did they warrant a vote? No. Was I actually suspicious of him? Yes, but I have learned from experience that if I say the level of suspicion that I actually feel, no one listens because I'm apparently too wishy-washy to talk to.

I've been trying to solve the game and work with people throughout, so I'm not sure what you mean when you say that my approach to the game is scummy.

I'll accept this.

Who's next on the block?
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
January 16 2016 23:50 GMT
#457
Holyflare I guess?
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
January 16 2016 23:51 GMT
#458
Holyflare is town, I think.

VisceraEyes, remind me, what is your read on Palmar? You know him a lot better than I do.
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
January 16 2016 23:51 GMT
#459
I'd still vote for Palmar if we have enough willing.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
January 16 2016 23:51 GMT
#460
##Unvote:
##Vote: Palmar
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Prev 1 21 22 23 24 25 36 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
11:00
WardiTV Mondays #106
IntoTheiNu 942
WardiTV463
OGKoka 182
Rex131
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko375
mouzHeroMarine 297
OGKoka 182
Rex 131
ProTech117
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 2564
Horang2 1421
Larva 1258
EffOrt 819
BeSt 633
Soma 459
Hyuk 332
Shuttle 291
Mini 272
ZerO 194
[ Show more ]
Stork 191
Light 176
Rush 158
ggaemo 133
Zeus 131
Barracks 98
Killer 89
Hyun 86
Sea.KH 44
Shinee 36
ToSsGirL 34
Bale 33
sorry 30
Mong 29
Yoon 24
PianO 20
Aegong 18
soO 16
ajuk12(nOOB) 15
Sacsri 13
zelot 11
Sexy 9
Noble 9
HiyA 8
Dota 2
Dendi1583
BananaSlamJamma174
League of Legends
KnowMe38
Counter-Strike
byalli628
x6flipin378
Other Games
singsing2122
olofmeister1566
crisheroes259
XaKoH 258
Sick239
B2W.Neo228
Pyrionflax147
ArmadaUGS72
Mew2King49
hiko12
ZerO(Twitch)3
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream529
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH332
• StrangeGG 39
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1739
Other Games
• WagamamaTV217
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
3h 57m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
21h 57m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 57m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 11h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 22h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
5 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.