• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:38
CEST 01:38
KST 08:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)53Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double
Tourneys
Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion ASL22 General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9761 users

[M][T] Assassin In The Palace 2 - Page 6

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 14 Next All
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
January 19 2016 18:47 GMT
#101
Claiming assassin as king is detrimental, as the bodyguards will eventually have to come up with some bullshit reason to protect you, effectively outing you.
Claiming assassin as bodyguard is outright stupid, since no king should be doing it, no bodyguard should be doing it while "trying to impersonate a king" either. It only confuses fellow protectors of royalty.

Claiming assassin as assassin is also stupid.

Conclusion: Tictock's play was stupid, it had absolutely no motivation for finding the real assassin (no, even as a "I tried to make the assassin push for an easy mislynch it clearly doesn't work), but it does create random stuff that may or may not be useful to the assassin.

= This royal being wants to lynch Tictock, any fellow members of the noble family should clearly see this disgrace and we need to delete this unblue blood from history.
nooniansoong
Profile Joined December 2015
1538 Posts
January 19 2016 18:53 GMT
#102
On January 19 2016 18:27 Cephiro wrote:
I wouldn't mind lynching the claimed assassin tbh.


actually cephiro it was you who spewed the TT probably not king with this quote. You are acting antitown and we should probably kill you tomorrow before you spew anyone else not king.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 19 2016 19:00 GMT
#103
I rolled the worse role in this game, I can't do anything... I'll give you people a pro tip:

Keep the wifom to the highest level (you are doing a really good job here) and while you do that the bodyguards should try to find each other in a way the King and Assassin can't. due to the tmi.

You aren't doing the last thing because I do not read enough about me. Even secretly.
I had a good night of sleep.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
January 19 2016 19:01 GMT
#104
I was looking for reactions though and while I'm not 100% I think Koshi is the Assassin.

My thinking is based on a couple things, but this post was a big part of it.
On January 19 2016 08:20 Koshi wrote:
Anyway, I am ok with lynching the claimed assassin. As King, it is also important that all bodyguards follow my lead. With some luck, all claims have been real in this game.

##vote: TickTock


So I thought it was interesting Koshi was so eager to get his vote out and that he was ok with lynching a claimed Assassin with no thought or reasoning. The bolded line suggests to me that Koshi doesn't really believe that it's a legit claim either, because you don't need luck if you already think something is true.

Thus I tend to conclude that Koshi wanted to push me not because he thinks I'm legit the Assassin but because he wants to see if other people are willing to lynch me which means he's testing the waters to try and flush out the King.

Also if you look at Koshi's filter you notice that he was rather into speculating on the game format and strategies pre-game, but now that the game has started he's putting nothing forward to help the game get solved.
On January 19 2016 08:16 Koshi wrote:
That's not my job. My job is to rule over the lands.


On January 19 2016 08:38 Koshi wrote:
I expect all my minions to follow and lynch TT.

On January 19 2016 17:41 Koshi wrote:
I don't know what to do in this game. I got 0 information.

On January 19 2016 23:27 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2016 23:08 nooniansoong wrote:
I think it's obvious TT isn't the king at this point, so we have to lynch him right?

Quick learner


Dismisses responsibility to figure things out, pushing a lynch blindly, yet claiming he doesn't know what to do and has 0 info? Doesn't seem right to me.

So lynch Koshi, I'm like 90% certain he's the Assassin here.

##Vote: Koshi
I can take that responsibility.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
January 19 2016 19:01 GMT
#105
If you think I'm acting more antitown than what TT is doing, go ahead and vote me. I will rule with an iron fist and eliminate anyone opposing me.

Or do you disagree with my post just above? If so, feel free to point out why. I'm always patient enough to take a hint or two from my guards. Unless they're an assassin in disguise, which is when I will call them out to be tortured.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 19 2016 19:02 GMT
#106
Maybe 1 person already did.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 19 2016 19:02 GMT
#107
Big plays TT.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 19 2016 19:04 GMT
#108
On January 20 2016 04:00 Koshi wrote:
I rolled the worse role in this game, I can't do anything... I'll give you people a pro tip:

Keep the wifom to the highest level (you are doing a really good job here) and while you do that the bodyguards should try to find each other in a way the King and Assassin can't. due to the tmi.

You aren't doing the last thing because I do not read enough about me. Even secretly.


On January 20 2016 04:02 Koshi wrote:
Maybe 1 person already did.


Bodyguard understand.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 19 2016 19:04 GMT
#109
Assassin pls don't read above quotes.
I had a good night of sleep.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
January 19 2016 19:09 GMT
#110
While I can kind of see where you're going at Tic, the thing is... you're a claimed traitor of the Kingdom, which is pure heresy. Assuming this bastard child Koshi has royalty deep inside him, then it would be pretty natural that he has no information. After all, Kings have a tendency of becoming paranoid with not knowing whom their true supporters are, so why wouldn't he want to eliminate someone claiming to be an assassin from the get go, without having planned of such with his bodyguards before?
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 19 2016 19:10 GMT
#111
Well TT, I give you one chance to apologize and admit to the thread I am the King. If you don't. I guess I need to keep my vote on you
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 19 2016 19:12 GMT
#112
If I was the assassin this game I would shoot sicklucker, I wouldn't shoot myself because I am too good at playing the King. I just got to respect myself as King when I would be assassin.
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 19 2016 19:13 GMT
#113
It is awesome to be King. I can say as much dumb shit as I want and I will never get lynched. amazing.
I had a good night of sleep.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
January 19 2016 19:29 GMT
#114
I would argue that guards are very likely to fake claim, but yea I'm the only person odd enough to claim assassin right off the bat.

Guards have the info this game, and they are the ones who most likely can deduce who is the assassin.

For a guard they know their own alignment as well as who the king is, thus they have a pool of 4 people to get reads on.

Narrowing down that pool at all is huge and since we need to process information in odd ways this game fake claims are a great way to do it. Tbh I wouldn't trust any claims in a game like this.

Oh also I forgot to mention before, but I think claiming King is a likely move from the Assassin. It's a move that on the surface looks pro-town but can provide the assassin info as he looks at how people react to King claims.
I can take that responsibility.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
January 19 2016 19:36 GMT
#115
I agree that each role in the game has a very high motivation for fakeclaiming things.

But fakeclaiming assassin? As I pointed out earlier, it's dumb for every possible reason. You will inevitably get pushed for lynch by one of the good guys, so trying to "bait out a mislynch" is really stupid. What are the chances that either as King, 1/5 persons (the assassin) is the only one to push you? That will never happen, as if you're the king, at least some of the bodyguards will have to push for you as well, while the others have to come up with some miraculous reasoning to save you.

If a bodyguard, you know the King so that persons reactions don't really matter, but you still have a pool of 4 people who don't know your role, so why would you expect only the assassin to try and get you lynched?

If an assassin, the only downside to doing so is that you might get lynched earlier than what you would've otherwise.

So... I hope Sylencia makes a convincing case for saving you? :p
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
January 19 2016 19:37 GMT
#116
ROFL
Rels
Profile Joined August 2008
France13467 Posts
January 19 2016 19:40 GMT
#117
Day 1 Votecount


Tictock (4): Koshi, nooniansoong, Cephiro, sicklucker
Cephiro (1): Sylencia
Koshi (1): Tictock
sicklucker (0): Tictock


Day ends in at 22:00 GMT (+00:00). At that time, the player with most votes will be lynched.
Voting is mandatory and is done in thread.
Be aware that the TL countdown sync with your local computer, not with TL servers; it might not be accurate.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 19 2016 19:41 GMT
#118
On January 20 2016 04:36 Cephiro wrote:
I agree that each role in the game has a very high motivation for fakeclaiming things.

But fakeclaiming assassin? As I pointed out earlier, it's dumb for every possible reason. You will inevitably get pushed for lynch by one of the good guys, so trying to "bait out a mislynch" is really stupid. What are the chances that either as King, 1/5 persons (the assassin) is the only one to push you? That will never happen, as if you're the king, at least some of the bodyguards will have to push for you as well, while the others have to come up with some miraculous reasoning to save you.

If a bodyguard, you know the King so that persons reactions don't really matter, but you still have a pool of 4 people who don't know your role, so why would you expect only the assassin to try and get you lynched?

If an assassin, the only downside to doing so is that you might get lynched earlier than what you would've otherwise.

So... I hope Sylencia makes a convincing case for saving you? :p

did you just tell him that Sylencia is King? You know there are no nights and that he can still shoot after getting lynched right?
I had a good night of sleep.
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 19 2016 19:41 GMT
#119
ggwp
I had a good night of sleep.
Cephiro
Profile Joined May 2011
Finland1934 Posts
January 19 2016 19:43 GMT
#120
..... I didn't think one would come to that conclusion from what I said, but now that you outed it I guess it's gg indeed -_-
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 14 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 156
Vindicta 25
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 10358
Artosis 573
Rain 173
Bale 14
League of Legends
Doublelift4346
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox780
Mew2King140
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor920
Other Games
summit1g8356
JimRising 723
shahzam589
Day[9].tv443
PiGStarcraft120
NeuroSwarm77
ArmadaUGS71
ViBE54
JuggernautJason40
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV215
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream90
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 33
• HerbMon 22
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie772
• Scarra523
• Day9tv443
• Shiphtur193
Upcoming Events
OSC
22m
Stellar Fest
13h 22m
OSC
22h 22m
CranKy Ducklings
1d 10h
Online Event
1d 11h
FEL
1d 16h
AI Arena Tournament
1d 17h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 19h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-30
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.