• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 07:34
CEST 13:34
KST 20:34
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)39Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? ASL22 General Discussion Bot on ladder BW General Discussion a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10276 users

[T][M] Resistance V - Section 31 - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 23 24 25 Next All
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
November 02 2015 10:52 GMT
#262
On November 02 2015 18:03 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I can really easily see where Superbia is coming from.
Xatalos made a claim that the game is "nightmare" for scum, and when Superbia questioned him about it the "nightmare" became "somewhat anti-scum", which definitely is not "nightmare" in my opinion aswell.

Now i don't think that necessarily makes Xatalos scum, but it makes perfect sense for Superbia to scumread him for that.


He didn't even scumread me for that though...... But for the initial post (???) and dropped the scumread to "mild" after my response... That's how I understood it anyway. So basically, the other way around compared to how you described it.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
November 02 2015 10:55 GMT
#263
So I'm just a bit confused at the townread.

I just felt like it was a needlessly aggressive attack for something non-telling. Basically, scumreading me for the sake of scumreading me. Can't say I like the way he went about it.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
November 02 2015 10:58 GMT
#264
On November 02 2015 18:26 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I wouldn't in this game.


Ah, I see what you're referring to
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
November 02 2015 11:11 GMT
#265
On November 02 2015 18:33 Rels wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 18:31 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On November 02 2015 18:29 Rels wrote:
But you forgot a question bro.
Do you know what I'm talking about with Xatalos' being obvious in a few days ?

I know what you are talking about. I don't see that being townie in any way though since "in a few days" this game might be on mission 2 or even 3. So it doesn't really work that way in Resistance.

Easy. Just have to not include him the first team, and if it doesn't go through, vote no when he's leader tomorrow.


:/

I guess you're referring to my town/scum activity? Well, it's not a bad point really. Just a bit sad if you exclude me until late for that.

I think this meta-case on rayn is pretty excessive too. Wouldn't he want to avoid making dumb questions as either alignment if he hates them?

The only thing bothering me really is his weird interpretation of the talks between me and Superbia.

Overall I think Kita could be scum so far (overly detached and disinterested in the discussion). Maybe Superbia? His attack on me was pretty odd. I'll refrain from judging rayn hastily this time around so he can be null. Rels seemed okay on activity and focus on interaction, town? Artanis and SL basically didn't do anything yet so null.

"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
November 02 2015 11:19 GMT
#266
Huh, I guess the same argument as Kita could be used for Artanis and SL to some extent. It's just that Kita actually bothered to post game-relevant stuff, but only setup and a vague answer to a direct question.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
November 02 2015 11:38 GMT
#268
On November 02 2015 20:29 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 19:55 Xatalos wrote:
So I'm just a bit confused at the townread.

I just felt like it was a needlessly aggressive attack for something non-telling. Basically, scumreading me for the sake of scumreading me. Can't say I like the way he went about it.

Ehh... why does he do that as mafia?


To cast suspicion on me and remove me from teams maybe?

Why would he make me a "long-term scumread" (implying it won't change no matter what I do) based on one pretty neutral post as town?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
November 02 2015 11:50 GMT
#273
Hmm... Gotta say I liked that big post from Superbia a lot more already. It's also a good point about Rels. If he had no read on me, why would it be necessarily bad to push me?

Superbia ++, Rels --
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
November 02 2015 11:52 GMT
#275
Funny how rayn is the calm/reasonable part in this discussion
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
November 02 2015 11:55 GMT
#277
On November 02 2015 20:52 Superbia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 20:47 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Superbia FYI Xatalos has not played forum Resistance.


...That makes me slightly more suspicious rofl. But whatever, I have concluded that you are likely town, and that Xat may be town too. Partially due to me trusting your read a little, and partially because of how he's mentally (i.e. logically) handling my push.

Actually Xat was town in the vanilla mafia game too right? The one in which he died n3 or whatever (I've half-followed it)? And where they lynched scum on d3 only? If so that gives him some town-points this game so far.


Yeah I was town and got shot eventually. Why does that make me townie?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
November 02 2015 11:59 GMT
#281
On November 02 2015 20:56 Superbia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 20:55 Xatalos wrote:
On November 02 2015 20:52 Superbia wrote:
On November 02 2015 20:47 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Superbia FYI Xatalos has not played forum Resistance.


...That makes me slightly more suspicious rofl. But whatever, I have concluded that you are likely town, and that Xat may be town too. Partially due to me trusting your read a little, and partially because of how he's mentally (i.e. logically) handling my push.

Actually Xat was town in the vanilla mafia game too right? The one in which he died n3 or whatever (I've half-followed it)? And where they lynched scum on d3 only? If so that gives him some town-points this game so far.


Yeah I was town and got shot eventually. Why does that make me townie?


Your posting style and activity level seems similar to that game. Mind you that I've read/skimmed maybe 7-8 pages, so I'm not confident enough to give you a lot of townie-points.


Okay, that makes sense.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
November 02 2015 12:03 GMT
#283
Btw rayn, you didn't respond to my earlier question about your description of the debate between me and Superbia?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
November 02 2015 12:17 GMT
#287
On November 02 2015 21:08 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 19:52 Xatalos wrote:
On November 02 2015 18:03 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I can really easily see where Superbia is coming from.
Xatalos made a claim that the game is "nightmare" for scum, and when Superbia questioned him about it the "nightmare" became "somewhat anti-scum", which definitely is not "nightmare" in my opinion aswell.

Now i don't think that necessarily makes Xatalos scum, but it makes perfect sense for Superbia to scumread him for that.


He didn't even scumread me for that though...... But for the initial post (???) and dropped the scumread to "mild" after my response... That's how I understood it anyway. So basically, the other way around compared to how you described it.

If you mean this I thought that Superbia called you scum for something you did that he found out to be scummy (which was the case). I also thought that he later on basically wanted you to prove yourself wrong and kept on questioning you for the "nightmare". I do that a lot myself. For example my question to kitaman at the start of the game is purely a loaded question.

I guess i was wrong about the follow up but his explanation is even more townier than what i thought he'd say is.


Hm... I guess so. I liked Superbia's recent post too. I just found it a bit odd that you so easily townread him with the wrong description of how it went, like you had decided to townread him and then carelessly read the posts themselves.

Just in case, I'll say that that's not a declaration of war Just idle thoughts.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
November 02 2015 12:20 GMT
#290
On November 02 2015 21:10 Half the Sky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 20:53 Superbia wrote:
HtS needs to be here soon and be transparent with the selection of team-members.


I have skimmed the thread but when I actually get to the airport and past security, I will comment more in detail. Ill timing for me I know (on the back of a getaway with the husband) but I still have ~9h to be productive.

From skimming the thread, Superbia will likely be one of my team members.

Artanis/SL are null. Will almost certainly be leaving Kita off.

After I clear security, I'm going to read more closely into Xata, Rels, Rayn (and the specific objections).



Why Superbia? Overall would be nice to hear reasoning for each pick / non-pick.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
November 02 2015 12:25 GMT
#291
On November 02 2015 21:19 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 02 2015 21:17 Xatalos wrote:
Hm... I guess so. I liked Superbia's recent post too. I just found it a bit odd that you so easily townread him with the wrong description of how it went, like you had decided to townread him and then carelessly read the posts themselves.

Well that's up to you to decide.


Yes it is

It's basically the only crack in your filter, which is otherwise almost unbelievably constructive / leader-like. I hope it's nothing but a simple mistake and that you're genuinely taken this reasonable attitude.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
November 02 2015 12:35 GMT
#293
Well, you did say that Superbia scumread me for "weakening" my stance on this being a "nightmare for scum", but actually he scumread me for my first post... And semi-dropped it when I explained my stance, where you said his scumread started.
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
November 02 2015 12:47 GMT
#296
Hm... Not sure where I said something about a "read change"?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
November 02 2015 12:48 GMT
#297
Maybe Rels...
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
November 02 2015 12:54 GMT
#300
Oh, I see. That was in response to Rels, not to me.

Although it's still misrepresenting why Superbia scumread me (it had nothing to do with how my stance on the balance "changed" - it didn't really even change though, I just explained it in more detail). It slightly irks me how you defended Superbia by putting... words in his mouth? If you get what I mean.

Meh, it's probably not indicative of anything. (I hope )
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
November 02 2015 13:04 GMT
#301
Btw you said that HTS should name two townies other than Superbia? Are you implying that she shouldn't include herself on the team? At least in IRL Resistance, we usually thought that either the leader should be trusted (accepted with leader included) or not trusted (team refused). Did you usually make teams regardless of the leader?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Xatalos
Profile Joined January 2011
Finland9675 Posts
November 02 2015 13:09 GMT
#304
Hm....

With nightmare, I was referring more to the annoyance and risks introduced rather than the overall balance. I don't think it's ultimately super town-sided. Maybe it was before our discussion in the pre-game, but probably not now?

Still glad to be town

Didn't really get your last sentence?
"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 23 24 25 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PondCast
10:00
Episode 111
CranKy Ducklings42
CranKy Ducklings SOOP24
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech130
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23703
Shuttle 2816
Bisu 1038
Horang2 802
Jaedong 584
BeSt 414
Hyuk 352
actioN 315
firebathero 290
Light 243
[ Show more ]
Zeus 203
Stork 200
Mini 188
Soulkey 174
Soma 138
Last 135
EffOrt 117
Leta 115
ggaemo 87
ZerO 86
Rush 82
Pusan 74
hero 56
Mong 55
Snow 55
Killer 40
Sexy 39
Aegong 39
Mind 36
Sea.KH 34
Shine 29
NaDa 28
Sharp 26
Bale 24
Shinee 22
ToSsGirL 19
soO 18
PianO 15
JulyZerg 13
Free 13
sorry 13
Terrorterran 10
zelot 8
HiyA 8
ajuk12(nOOB) 7
Noble 7
Dota 2
qojqva1149
Gorgc864
Dendi685
Fuzer 121
XaKoH 61
League of Legends
Reynor87
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1426
shoxiejesuss679
x6flipin266
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor2116
crisheroes751
Other Games
gofns36998
singsing2246
B2W.Neo470
XBOCT322
DeMusliM189
Mew2King144
Livibee112
ArmadaUGS109
Liquid`LucifroN85
QueenE65
Chillindude12
ZerO(Twitch)12
Railgan8
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream294
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 46
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2163
• TFBlade452
Other Games
• WagamamaTV105
Upcoming Events
OSC
1h 26m
Stellar Fest
1h 26m
OSC
12h 26m
Stellar Fest
1d 1h
CranKy Ducklings
1d 22h
Online Event
1d 23h
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
[ Show More ]
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
Afreeca Starleague
4 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
4 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
INu's Battles
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-28
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.