• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:10
CEST 15:10
KST 22:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War455.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ TL Sidebar missing streams Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7514 users

Tropical Storm Mini Mafia

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
August 04 2015 18:32 GMT
#34
/in
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
August 04 2015 21:23 GMT
#51
On August 05 2015 05:46 VisceraEyes wrote:
Yo party people - what's it like playing without filter? I've completely forgotten...


How do you play mafia again, I've forgotten

Also it took me way too long to find the quote button, why is it so small.
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
August 04 2015 21:43 GMT
#54
On August 05 2015 06:26 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 05 2015 06:23 deconduo wrote:
On August 05 2015 05:46 VisceraEyes wrote:
Yo party people - what's it like playing without filter? I've completely forgotten...


How do you play mafia again, I've forgotten

Also it took me way too long to find the quote button, why is it so small.

Differently than you would have remembered. Yeah a lot of crap has changed on the forum, we've gained and then lost a filter button since you've played too I think!


Pretty sure I played a few games with the filter, but yeah it's been a while. The timestamps are weird as well, not too sure what the point of them is.
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
August 05 2015 09:26 GMT
#63
On August 05 2015 14:37 Chezinu wrote:
BRETHEN WE HAVE A STORM TO FIGHT BEFORE WE BECOME THE STORMS THEMSELVES!!!! JOIN ME!!! TO FIGHT THIS GREAT STORM!!!!


I see some things haven't changed :D
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
August 05 2015 16:44 GMT
#66
I'm easy on the start date.
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
August 11 2015 17:25 GMT
#329
Hi. Day 1 is going strong I see.
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
August 11 2015 17:58 GMT
#345
On August 11 2015 11:23 Trfel wrote:
I know this sounds really stupid, but...

Rsoultin seems a bit towny here. Her opening post felt relaxed, and more importantly, happy to be in the game. Given that rsoultin really doesn't like playing scum, has played scum frequently in her last several games, and had a very frustrating game as town that ended earlier today (despite the game being a victory), it's hard for me to see her actually being happy as mafia this early on in the game.

I hope I'm not making the same mistake yet again T.T


I noticed a couple of people finding fault with this read. I agree that RS's opening posts are enthusiastic, and though I don't know if the rest is true ("Given that rsoultin really doesn't like playing scum"), no one has contradicted this yet, including RS, that I have seen.


On August 11 2015 15:51 ruXxar wrote:
Hello team.
My name is ruxxy and I'm a hurricane *whoosh*.
Also am town ^^


On August 11 2015 18:01 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
I'm also claiming Millderer.


On August 11 2015 18:02 Palmar wrote:
hey guys I rolled town so pls no lyncherino

not decided yet if I'm going to do things.


I dislike these kind of posts. I don't think they are a tell either way, but I just find them tacky. Yes this is a rant, and is mostly just filler

On August 11 2015 22:41 VisceraEyes wrote:
Hi! I don't like Trfel and my hurricane name is a GIRLS name. Both of those statements make me SOOOOOO angry.


However this I really don't like. I understand the whole WIFOM thing, but really we want to limit this sort of information as much as possible. I don't see how it benefits us, whether its a lie or not.

deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
August 11 2015 18:34 GMT
#354
On August 12 2015 02:26 Vivax wrote:
With such entry posts you are seeing to that.

May I call you mafia as well?


You can if you want, doesn't mean I am

Also that wasn't sarcasm, looks like a decent day so far.

On August 12 2015 03:00 raynpelikoneet wrote:
deconduo i think you should read the whole thread before posting.


Nah, I prefer to write my thoughts as they come to me.

On August 12 2015 03:00 rsoultin wrote:

:/

you said pretty much nothing with this post, condor

eh, ftr truffle is right about my not enjoying scum so much? but i can fake most things lol >< especially anger


Just getting into the swing of things. The VE post is the only thing that bothered me really. It felt a bit like a 'Hey guys, lets drop hints about our storm names' which is bad obviously.

Anyway, gotta run, back in an hour or so.
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
August 11 2015 20:43 GMT
#416
On August 12 2015 03:36 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2015 03:34 deconduo wrote:
Just getting into the swing of things. The VE post is the only thing that bothered me really. It felt a bit like a 'Hey guys, lets drop hints about our storm names' which is bad obviously.

Why does that matter?


It just doesn't feel like something a sensible towny would say in a game like this, given the setup. Maybe I'm reading too much into but given his response:

On August 12 2015 03:40 VisceraEyes wrote:
Decon you really think the most alignment indicative thing in the thread is me jokin gabout my hurricane name? LMAO

LMAOOOOOO

LMAO


Quite a bit of an overreaction really tbh.
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
August 11 2015 20:47 GMT
#421
On August 12 2015 05:44 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2015 05:43 deconduo wrote:
On August 12 2015 03:36 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On August 12 2015 03:34 deconduo wrote:
Just getting into the swing of things. The VE post is the only thing that bothered me really. It felt a bit like a 'Hey guys, lets drop hints about our storm names' which is bad obviously.

Why does that matter?


It just doesn't feel like something a sensible towny would say in a game like this, given the setup. Maybe I'm reading too much into but given his response:

On August 12 2015 03:40 VisceraEyes wrote:
Decon you really think the most alignment indicative thing in the thread is me jokin gabout my hurricane name? LMAO

LMAOOOOOO

LMAO


Quite a bit of an overreaction really tbh.

It's because it literally doesn't mean anything even if all the players in the game claimed their Hurricane names.


Then town would insta lose the next night? Unless I'm misunderstanding the setup.
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
August 11 2015 20:51 GMT
#422
On August 12 2015 05:47 deconduo wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2015 05:44 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On August 12 2015 05:43 deconduo wrote:
On August 12 2015 03:36 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On August 12 2015 03:34 deconduo wrote:
Just getting into the swing of things. The VE post is the only thing that bothered me really. It felt a bit like a 'Hey guys, lets drop hints about our storm names' which is bad obviously.

Why does that matter?


It just doesn't feel like something a sensible towny would say in a game like this, given the setup. Maybe I'm reading too much into but given his response:

On August 12 2015 03:40 VisceraEyes wrote:
Decon you really think the most alignment indicative thing in the thread is me jokin gabout my hurricane name? LMAO

LMAOOOOOO

LMAO


Quite a bit of an overreaction really tbh.

It's because it literally doesn't mean anything even if all the players in the game claimed their Hurricane names.


Then town would insta lose the next night? Unless I'm misunderstanding the setup.



A Hurricane Kills list must include at least 1 name and may include at most Y players (where Y is the number of town remaining)


Mafia must include either the player's Tropical Storm Name or the player's role


So maf submit a list of everyone with their storm name, and then they win...
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
August 11 2015 20:53 GMT
#425
Hence why giving details on storm names is bad, and also as the game goes later the chances of mafia guessing your name increases as people die.

Similarly, people shouldn't reveal who they plan to vote for in the storm vote, as maf could use the list to deduce blue roles.
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
August 11 2015 20:57 GMT
#433
On August 12 2015 05:53 raynpelikoneet wrote:
i guess i am dead then.


?
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
August 11 2015 21:01 GMT
#437
On August 12 2015 05:58 ruXxar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2015 05:57 deconduo wrote:
On August 12 2015 05:53 raynpelikoneet wrote:
i guess i am dead then.


?


hesabill


Ugh... I missed that when the page flipped over with my post.

Rayn, you're probably not dead tonight as maf have to give up their KP to submit hurricane kills. However once they find out one more person they'll kill you with them.
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
August 11 2015 21:01 GMT
#438
On August 12 2015 05:59 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
deconduo could you please do something useful?


Like tell people not to claim their hurricane name. Cos apparently that's pretty useful.
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
August 11 2015 21:09 GMT
#443
On August 12 2015 06:03 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2015 06:01 deconduo wrote:
On August 12 2015 05:59 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
deconduo could you please do something useful?


Like tell people not to claim their hurricane name. Cos apparently that's pretty useful.

Something that has to do with scumhunting preferably.


Meh. Only VE has looked particularly scummy to me as I've pointed out.

Everyone else is townish or neutral or absent (hi prpl).
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
August 11 2015 21:10 GMT
#446
Even with everyone jumping on ruxx, I don't see anything jump out at me reading through his filter. The mixup looks to be genuine.
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
August 11 2015 21:13 GMT
#448
On August 12 2015 06:10 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2015 06:09 deconduo wrote:
On August 12 2015 06:03 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On August 12 2015 06:01 deconduo wrote:
On August 12 2015 05:59 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
deconduo could you please do something useful?


Like tell people not to claim their hurricane name. Cos apparently that's pretty useful.

Something that has to do with scumhunting preferably.


Meh. Only VE has looked particularly scummy to me as I've pointed out.

Everyone else is townish or neutral or absent (hi prpl).

Is that just because of the storm name thing and his reaction to you pointing it out?


Yah. Your post on him is more of a meta thing than anything else, but I'll wait for his response before making any more judgements on that end.
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
August 11 2015 21:23 GMT
#454
On August 12 2015 06:16 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2015 06:13 deconduo wrote:
On August 12 2015 06:10 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On August 12 2015 06:09 deconduo wrote:
On August 12 2015 06:03 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On August 12 2015 06:01 deconduo wrote:
On August 12 2015 05:59 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
deconduo could you please do something useful?


Like tell people not to claim their hurricane name. Cos apparently that's pretty useful.

Something that has to do with scumhunting preferably.


Meh. Only VE has looked particularly scummy to me as I've pointed out.

Everyone else is townish or neutral or absent (hi prpl).

Is that just because of the storm name thing and his reaction to you pointing it out?


Yah. Your post on him is more of a meta thing than anything else, but I'll wait for his response before making any more judgements on that end.

I don't think they're necessarily reliant on meta; the Vivax read is more so since I exempted scumreading him for the same reason, it's more a general scummy thing to do (throwing dirt on someone without reasons)

The part about not reading the game is also not meta related at all, so I don't think my VE read is based on meta.


Actually I did notice that post by VE in my first read through and I thought something similar about it. I then forgot about it

As for reading the game, is that necessarily a scumtell? I'm guilty of skimming the thread a bit, and I'm sure others are as well.
deconduo
Profile Blog Joined January 2008
Ireland4122 Posts
August 11 2015 21:27 GMT
#458
On August 12 2015 06:26 Vivax wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 12 2015 02:58 deconduo wrote:
On August 11 2015 11:23 Trfel wrote:
I know this sounds really stupid, but...

Rsoultin seems a bit towny here. Her opening post felt relaxed, and more importantly, happy to be in the game. Given that rsoultin really doesn't like playing scum, has played scum frequently in her last several games, and had a very frustrating game as town that ended earlier today (despite the game being a victory), it's hard for me to see her actually being happy as mafia this early on in the game.

I hope I'm not making the same mistake yet again T.T


I noticed a couple of people finding fault with this read. I agree that RS's opening posts are enthusiastic, and though I don't know if the rest is true ("Given that rsoultin really doesn't like playing scum"), no one has contradicted this yet, including RS, that I have seen.


On August 11 2015 15:51 ruXxar wrote:
Hello team.
My name is ruxxy and I'm a hurricane *whoosh*.
Also am town ^^


On August 11 2015 18:01 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
I'm also claiming Millderer.


On August 11 2015 18:02 Palmar wrote:
hey guys I rolled town so pls no lyncherino

not decided yet if I'm going to do things.


I dislike these kind of posts. I don't think they are a tell either way, but I just find them tacky. Yes this is a rant, and is mostly just filler

On August 11 2015 22:41 VisceraEyes wrote:
Hi! I don't like Trfel and my hurricane name is a GIRLS name. Both of those statements make me SOOOOOO angry.


However this I really don't like. I understand the whole WIFOM thing, but really we want to limit this sort of information as much as possible. I don't see how it benefits us, whether its a lie or not.



Show nested quote +
On August 12 2015 06:10 deconduo wrote:
Even with everyone jumping on ruxx, I don't see anything jump out at me reading through his filter. The mixup looks to be genuine.


Where has the post gone that you disliked son?


I dislike these kind of posts. I don't think they are a tell either way, but I just find them tacky.
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Online Event
21:00
ONSYDE Invitational
TaKeTV 246
TKL 195
CranKy Ducklings88
Big Brain Bouts
19:00
#129
Reynor vs herOLIVE!
RotterdaM1151
IndyStarCraft 210
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1151
Lowko452
IndyStarCraft 199
TKL 195
Rex 100
ProTech49
MindelVK 18
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 61586
Free 2711
Jaedong 2223
BeSt 719
Horang2 323
firebathero 211
Zeus 185
Hyun 111
Last 109
Pusan 73
[ Show more ]
ToSsGirL 59
soO 26
Aegong 22
Yoon 19
scan(afreeca) 19
Noble 14
910 13
Trap 13
Sacsri 11
zelot 9
Rock 4
Icarus 4
Dota 2
Gorgc6230
Dendi888
XaKoH 391
canceldota63
Other Games
gofns38392
singsing2440
B2W.Neo553
byalli396
Pyrionflax297
ToD203
DeMusliM123
Beastyqt68
QueenE62
Liquid`VortiX57
Mlord0
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV223
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 8
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 26
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP22
• Gemini_19 14
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 1836
• WagamamaTV501
League of Legends
• Jankos3347
Upcoming Events
AI Arena Tournament
3h 50m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5h 50m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
20h 50m
Patches Events
1d 1h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 5h
OSC
1d 22h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.