• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:56
CEST 07:56
KST 14:56
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8498 users

Newbie Student Mafia XI

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
MoosyDoosy
Profile Joined November 2014
United States4519 Posts
June 07 2015 00:11 GMT
#20
First time playing Mafia. Sounds interesting. In!
"Just a second too late rsoultin :D" - My 4k Guardian post
MoosyDoosy
Profile Joined November 2014
United States4519 Posts
June 07 2015 01:19 GMT
#22
On June 07 2015 09:31 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 07 2015 09:11 MoosyDoosy wrote:
First time playing Mafia. Sounds interesting. In!
Oh, hi

Oh wow, hi Trfel! Didn't know you came to TL too. :D Also pretty cool meeting you in this niche part of the TL forums. Are you here for this round too?
"Just a second too late rsoultin :D" - My 4k Guardian post
MoosyDoosy
Profile Joined November 2014
United States4519 Posts
June 10 2015 19:07 GMT
#115
Sorry guys new to this. I guess I'm confirming?
"Just a second too late rsoultin :D" - My 4k Guardian post
MoosyDoosy
Profile Joined November 2014
United States4519 Posts
June 11 2015 23:16 GMT
#154
On June 12 2015 08:10 ruXxar wrote:
I'd like to hear your reasoning for voting on me, besides the fact that very few other people have spoke up yet.

I am just rather overwhelmed by the amount of (cross) analysis occurring right now. ^.^ Although this is my first time around, I can already tell this will be great.

Down to business. So @ruXxar, your reasoning for voting for Kickstart is his statement about lying in a game of Mafia?

And @Trfel, can you please share why you're suspecting @ruXxar? I would have to agree with ruXxar's point that it is generally annoying when someone answers a question directed at you. Although I don't see why Kickstart went so far as to vote for Oatsmaster right off the bat. Unless he's the Mafia and trying to mislead us.

On another note, do we know how many Mafias there are? If there are two Mafias, Oatsmaster and Kickstart may be those two and may have set this up to make everyone confused and make people like you two fight amongst yourselves.
"Just a second too late rsoultin :D" - My 4k Guardian post
MoosyDoosy
Profile Joined November 2014
United States4519 Posts
June 12 2015 02:02 GMT
#208
On June 12 2015 10:53 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2015 10:47 geript wrote:
On June 12 2015 10:29 WaveofShadow wrote:
On June 12 2015 10:27 geript wrote:
On June 12 2015 08:16 MoosyDoosy wrote:
On June 12 2015 08:10 ruXxar wrote:
I'd like to hear your reasoning for voting on me, besides the fact that very few other people have spoke up yet.

I am just rather overwhelmed by the amount of (cross) analysis occurring right now. ^.^ Although this is my first time around, I can already tell this will be great.

Down to business. So @ruXxar, your reasoning for voting for Kickstart is his statement about lying in a game of Mafia?

And @Trfel, can you please share why you're suspecting @ruXxar? I would have to agree with ruXxar's point that it is generally annoying when someone answers a question directed at you. Although I don't see why Kickstart went so far as to vote for Oatsmaster right off the bat. Unless he's the Mafia and trying to mislead us.

On another note, do we know how many Mafias there are? If there are two Mafias, Oatsmaster and Kickstart may be those two and may have set this up to make everyone confused and make people like you two fight amongst yourselves.

people should be talking about this.

I invited you to talk to me but you've given me the cold shoulder thus far.
I has a sad

Kinda busy dog sitting. Was really sruprised when people didn't jump on that post at all. Like that's a post that mafia would usually be all over if that guy's town. It's so... indecisive... passive... unopinionated... blah. I've only skimmed but that was one of two posts that stuck out to me.

Batsnacks weird post stuck out to me too. IDK what he's doing, pulling a chezinu? IDK. I couldn't figure out wtf he was trying to say. I'll look at it again later when I get a full read in, but his post was at least interesting even if it is probably NAI

I mean it stuck out to me because it's so blatantly....there? I don't think it's possible to comment much on a post like that because it goes way beyond a level of newbie I would expect. It's such an odd and terrible post I don't think it can come from anything BUT town but then again I've never seen even the newbiest noob town post anything like that. Would still lean town over scum on that pretty easy.

Batsnacks is meh, but I like Oats' posting around him. Something feels there to me.
Any thoughts on the Trfel/ruxxar/kickstart bullshit? I cba to read it in detail

Sorry if I'm confusing you guys. Trfel can vouch for me since he's also on the Bnet forums from time to time, but I like to take a very respectful tone in my posts due to the high amount of trolling on those forums. It helps to keep the peace. Thought it would be normal since TL's supposed to be all official and strict but I guess it's fine to be informal looking at the rest of this thread lol.
"Just a second too late rsoultin :D" - My 4k Guardian post
MoosyDoosy
Profile Joined November 2014
United States4519 Posts
June 12 2015 02:03 GMT
#209
Yo, also keep in mind a newbie might be Mafia which is why he's not jumping on my post. Seems like something Mafia should do from reading the guide.
"Just a second too late rsoultin :D" - My 4k Guardian post
MoosyDoosy
Profile Joined November 2014
United States4519 Posts
June 12 2015 02:10 GMT
#213
On June 12 2015 11:08 Oatsmaster wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2015 11:03 MoosyDoosy wrote:
Yo, also keep in mind a newbie might be Mafia which is why he's not jumping on my post. Seems like something Mafia should do from reading the guide.

Did you post that post intentionally so mafia would jump on it?
You do realise that there are 3 mafia.

I posted that post because I was confused about what exactly Trfel was calling ruXx out on although it seems that suspicion is more or less cleared up. I also had zero intention on baiting the Mafia. As I said, I'm completely clueless as to how to play.
"Just a second too late rsoultin :D" - My 4k Guardian post
MoosyDoosy
Profile Joined November 2014
United States4519 Posts
June 12 2015 02:11 GMT
#214
^^ Also yeah, now I know there's three Mafia. I asked that question earlier.
"Just a second too late rsoultin :D" - My 4k Guardian post
MoosyDoosy
Profile Joined November 2014
United States4519 Posts
June 12 2015 02:14 GMT
#216
On June 12 2015 11:11 geript wrote:
IDK what moosy is honestly. I kinda think he's mafia because for the most part no one commented on what's like the easiest post to shit all over but I'm the only person who's seemingly have a thought about him. But the post is TL noobielicious.

^ If you look at my previous posts, literally 3/4 of them are me cheering for Life in the same manner as my banner. Also, why would I be Mafia if no one commented on my post? If there's 3 Mafia, wouldn't one of them be able to comment on mine safely?
"Just a second too late rsoultin :D" - My 4k Guardian post
MoosyDoosy
Profile Joined November 2014
United States4519 Posts
June 12 2015 02:22 GMT
#220
On June 12 2015 11:16 Kickstart wrote:
Here's something of a mini-case on why I am scum reading ruXxar atm.

First several posts he seems quite concerned about the scum team! Why is this. This doesn't seem to be normal new town player concerns to me.
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2015 07:22 ruXxar wrote:
Well if the mafia are just going to lynch themselves then this should be an easy game!

Show nested quote +
On June 12 2015 07:26 ruXxar wrote:
I actually believe in the right of individual freedom, so as long as the mafia just stick to themselves and don't hurt anyone, I don't mind having them around .

*slaps himself*

No, stop daydreaming ruxx!


Then there was his answering question slip which has been the topic of much debate. It is really weird because I said I don't like people answering questions directed at others, Trfel asks me why, and then ruxx answers -______-. I think a townie would read that and be wary of answering because they see me saying that answering for others is a bad thing. My take on it is that ruxx maybe saw an easy opportunity to seem helpful and didn't even pay attention to the interaction going on there.

Wait, so when you're saying that ruXx didn't notice the interaction, are you saying that your post was meant to bait the Mafia aka ruXx?
"Just a second too late rsoultin :D" - My 4k Guardian post
MoosyDoosy
Profile Joined November 2014
United States4519 Posts
June 12 2015 02:33 GMT
#228
^ Also Kickstart, I wouldn't read too much into ruXx's initial post where he's rambling about slapping/daydreaming about Mafia. It might have been from an attempt to identify himself as a non-aggressor to the Mafia so that when night time comes around, they don't kill him. If the game went on for longer, people would also suspect ruXx more giving the Mafia an easy kill. This actually happens a ton in real life Mafia but it's clear it's totally different online at this point.

Also, going back to his post where he "misses the interaction" which is right after his rambling, it's pretty clear that ruXx is not paying attention whatsoever. As a newbie he was probably just as excited as I was about remaining passive which is why he didn't notice the err in his post. Just the fact that it seems he has no idea whatsoever about what he's saying during his rambling just shows this too.

I'll look through the rest of your points, but I'll try and provide a "newbie perspective." Either way, it looks like he wised up real fast and stopped being as frantic and energetic in his posts.
"Just a second too late rsoultin :D" - My 4k Guardian post
MoosyDoosy
Profile Joined November 2014
United States4519 Posts
June 12 2015 02:38 GMT
#230
Yeah, the more I read of ruXx's initial posts, the more it seems he's thinking in terms of a real life Mafia game as well as tryharding a bit.

Him intercepting a question was him tryharding a basic read and him supporting lying is from a real life Mafia mindset since lying is much more common in real life.

The last two posts that you point out are kind of shady but even then they err on the side of newbie to online Mafia. Overall I wouldn't vote him just yet until we get more evidence.
"Just a second too late rsoultin :D" - My 4k Guardian post
MoosyDoosy
Profile Joined November 2014
United States4519 Posts
June 12 2015 02:39 GMT
#231
@Kickstart, I'm not saying you're tryharding I'm saying ruXx was tryharding at the start. Please re-read.
"Just a second too late rsoultin :D" - My 4k Guardian post
MoosyDoosy
Profile Joined November 2014
United States4519 Posts
June 12 2015 02:40 GMT
#233
On that note, why you getting so offensive bro? My post does not attempt to scumread you, I'm just trying to interpret ruXx's posts in a different light. Is the reason you're getting offensive about people scumreading you is because you're actually scum?
"Just a second too late rsoultin :D" - My 4k Guardian post
MoosyDoosy
Profile Joined November 2014
United States4519 Posts
June 12 2015 02:44 GMT
#236
On June 12 2015 11:42 Kickstart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2015 11:39 MoosyDoosy wrote:
@Kickstart, I'm not saying you're tryharding I'm saying ruXx was tryharding at the start. Please re-read.

That was directed at Oats..................................................................................

My b. Your other post was really helpful too. Hm, I'd still give ruXx the benefit of the doubt for this day time but I see where you're coming from.

@Sulfurus, just because a n00b is aggressive doesn't mean he's Mafia. He might just be very excited.
"Just a second too late rsoultin :D" - My 4k Guardian post
MoosyDoosy
Profile Joined November 2014
United States4519 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-12 02:59:14
June 12 2015 02:58 GMT
#243
Well at least from this, we now know why Kickstart voted for Oatsmaster at the start.
"Just a second too late rsoultin :D" - My 4k Guardian post
MoosyDoosy
Profile Joined November 2014
United States4519 Posts
June 12 2015 03:02 GMT
#246
On June 12 2015 12:00 Kickstart wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2015 11:58 MoosyDoosy wrote:
Well at least from this, we now know why Kickstart voted for Oatsmaster at the start.

Why is this post edited. DO not edit your posts.

And yes, he annoys me. I thought maybe after 3 years it would be different but nope, he still does.

Sorry, edited from "Wwell, we now know why Kickstart voted for Oatsmaster" -> "Well at least from this, we now know why Kickstart voted for Oatsmaster at the start"
"Just a second too late rsoultin :D" - My 4k Guardian post
MoosyDoosy
Profile Joined November 2014
United States4519 Posts
June 12 2015 15:34 GMT
#312
On June 12 2015 22:54 batsnacks wrote:
I think I'm going to sheep geript now he was making sense about moose.

##unvote
##vote moosygoosy

Wait, so people who are voting for me. Why exactly do you guys think I'm Mafia?
"Just a second too late rsoultin :D" - My 4k Guardian post
MoosyDoosy
Profile Joined November 2014
United States4519 Posts
June 12 2015 15:58 GMT
#318
What I want to do is find out why geript stopped posting after WaveofShadow had a scumread on him.

@batsnacks, I mean, I'm pretty sure I made it clear I was a town but sure, go ahead and waste your vote.
"Just a second too late rsoultin :D" - My 4k Guardian post
MoosyDoosy
Profile Joined November 2014
United States4519 Posts
June 12 2015 16:03 GMT
#323
On June 13 2015 01:01 batsnacks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2015 00:57 Oatsmaster wrote:
On June 13 2015 00:49 batsnacks wrote:
On June 13 2015 00:39 WaveofShadow wrote:
On June 12 2015 22:54 batsnacks wrote:
I think I'm going to sheep geript now he was making sense about moose.

##unvote
##vote moosygoosy

So you're voting along with scum? Interesting.


I thought what he said was pretty reasonable. If I were mafia I would have gone after moose's post.

So now we base reads on what mafia was supposed to do and didnt?

Dont like that at all.
Dont like that you peaced out and dont care about the game either. You came back here and did nothing but defend yourself. You didnt scumhunt, you didnt advance the thread.

Geript too btw.

I kinda think noob is town because he just keeps on giving advice even after people tell him to stop.


I don't feel like there's anything I need to defend against.

But yeah I do like the idea of basing reads off of what mafia should and shouldn't do. That's why I'm voting moosegoose.

And what exactly did I do to show I'm Mafia? I admit my first post was dumb of me but that was because I'm generally more of a passive poster.

Besides, if you want to go along with basing reads off of what Mafia should and shouldn't do, shouldn't YOU be thinking of geript right now? He makes a post about how Mafia should act, leaves the thread after being accused of Mafia, and then does nothing to defend himself.
"Just a second too late rsoultin :D" - My 4k Guardian post
1 2 3 4 5 11 12 13 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 215
ProTech137
Nina 86
StarCraft: Brood War
Mong 202
Dewaltoss 125
Bale 36
ZergMaN 26
Noble 10
Icarus 7
League of Legends
JimRising 714
Other Games
summit1g11254
Sick232
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick877
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 32
• Letter146
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2173
League of Legends
• Rush1192
• Lourlo1078
• Stunt143
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 5m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
5h 5m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 5m
Replay Cast
17h 5m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 5h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.