• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:16
CEST 11:16
KST 18:16
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2314
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BSL Season 23 Bot on ladder ASL22 General Discussion BW General Discussion JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10097 users

Newbie Student Mafia XI - Page 9

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 All
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
June 22 2015 22:04 GMT
#2572
But yes, it was a really, really good fakeclaim.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
June 22 2015 22:12 GMT
#2591
There were a TON of things that needed to happen for mafia to be able to win this game.

Dodging the Sulfurus lynch Day 1 felt like a pretty big deal. Sniping the Doctor with the rolecop (though that probably wasn't necessary ) and then the huge gamble with the Mad Hatter were pretty crucial as well. And Oatsmaster's fake claim still made it really close.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
June 22 2015 22:20 GMT
#2605
Also, I think I probably should have kept my vote on Kickstart on Day 2. Had scott31337 kept his vote as well (which I think there was a fair chance of), Kickstart would have been lynched over Sulfurus, and that would have been huge.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
June 22 2015 22:23 GMT
#2610
On June 23 2015 07:21 Onegu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2015 07:19 geript wrote:
While it's not against the rules, I don't think its a good idea to have all 3 mafia be vets. Just like I don't think its a good idea to have all 3 mafia be new. The side with more (%wise) new players is at a big disadvantage and player growth from both sides is less likely.



This is Sulfurus 2-3rd game. And Trfel only has like 6-7 I think
It's Sulfurus' second game.

But I have like 14-15 games played Still nothing compared to the rest of you guys.

However, this was my second time playing as scum, so I felt very much like a newbie.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
June 22 2015 22:26 GMT
#2616
On June 23 2015 07:24 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Trfel have you really played only 2 games as scum?
Yeah.

My first one was pretty miserable, basically everyone knew I was scum at the start of Night 1, and I got cop checked that night.

If anyone has any advice for me, I'm listening.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-06-22 22:31:38
June 22 2015 22:30 GMT
#2623
On June 23 2015 07:28 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2015 07:26 Trfel wrote:
On June 23 2015 07:24 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Trfel have you really played only 2 games as scum?
Yeah.

My first one was pretty miserable, basically everyone knew I was scum at the start of Night 1, and I got cop checked that night.

If anyone has any advice for me, I'm listening.

I think you were mafia in the first Cell game aswell no?
Pretty sure I wasn't playing mafia at all when the Cell games were played. Either way, I'm positive I didn't play in them.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
June 22 2015 22:32 GMT
#2624
On June 23 2015 07:30 ritoky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2015 07:26 Trfel wrote:
On June 23 2015 07:24 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Trfel have you really played only 2 games as scum?
Yeah.

My first one was pretty miserable, basically everyone knew I was scum at the start of Night 1, and I got cop checked that night.

If anyone has any advice for me, I'm listening.


Don't incriminate your well hidden partner (wave) with your vote analysis

I find it funny that I found out wave was mafia cuz of your vote analysis.
Wait, really?

I thought the vote analysis made WaveofShadow look good, and made me look bad. I was partially posting it to try and show that I wasn't scared of voting analysis.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
June 22 2015 22:44 GMT
#2631
Thanks raynpelikoneet and ritoky. I will do my best to keep that in mind
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
June 23 2015 00:13 GMT
#2672
On June 23 2015 08:58 Oatsmaster wrote:
Oh yeah, people kept asking me questions after I explicitly said I was sleeping and won't be back before the flip. That was pretty funny.
At least in my case, it was intentional XD
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
June 23 2015 00:57 GMT
#2692
On June 23 2015 09:39 ruXxar wrote:
Yeah.. I didn't understand your mafia read on moosy's first post at all.
It looked like just an excited newbie like me.
His post was doing a whole lot of nothing.
On June 12 2015 08:16 MoosyDoosy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2015 08:10 ruXxar wrote:
I'd like to hear your reasoning for voting on me, besides the fact that very few other people have spoke up yet.

I am just rather overwhelmed by the amount of (cross) analysis occurring right now. ^.^ Although this is my first time around, I can already tell this will be great.

Down to business. So @ruXxar, your reasoning for voting for Kickstart is his statement about lying in a game of Mafia?

And @Trfel, can you please share why you're suspecting @ruXxar? I would have to agree with ruXxar's point that it is generally annoying when someone answers a question directed at you. Although I don't see why Kickstart went so far as to vote for Oatsmaster right off the bat. Unless he's the Mafia and trying to mislead us.

On another note, do we know how many Mafias there are? If there are two Mafias, Oatsmaster and Kickstart may be those two and may have set this up to make everyone confused and make people like you two fight amongst yourselves.
The first two sentences are useless. He's overwhelmed, and he is looking forward to the game. This doesn't help us find mafia.

Down to business. This also doesn't help us find mafia.

He then asked two questions which didn't go much of anywhere, and he took guesses at the answers, like he's already trying to justify asking the questions or show that he's trying to think about the game. This really doesn't help with doing anything other than saying "Ha, I got it right!" later, which doesn't fit a mindset of actually solving the game.

Then he asked about the number of mafia in the game (which is clearly stated in the OP), and gave an unflipped association argument that didn't go anywhere. While in the same post (I think) saying that the association analysis is overwhelming him.

Anyway, I think that's what makes it scumy. I was going to question MoosyDoosy about this myself, later, but I wanted to push my points on ruXxar to their conclusion (whatever that would be) first.

On June 23 2015 09:55 ruXxar wrote:
I think that's going to be my new mafia tell from now on.

Too perfect play => mafia.
Also, LOL

Have fun with that
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
June 23 2015 04:52 GMT
#2719
On June 23 2015 10:13 ruXxar wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 23 2015 10:12 ruXxar wrote:
On June 23 2015 09:57 Trfel wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +

On June 23 2015 09:39 ruXxar wrote:
Yeah.. I didn't understand your mafia read on moosy's first post at all.
It looked like just an excited newbie like me.
His post was doing a whole lot of nothing.
On June 12 2015 08:16 MoosyDoosy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 12 2015 08:10 ruXxar wrote:
I'd like to hear your reasoning for voting on me, besides the fact that very few other people have spoke up yet.

I am just rather overwhelmed by the amount of (cross) analysis occurring right now. ^.^ Although this is my first time around, I can already tell this will be great.

Down to business. So @ruXxar, your reasoning for voting for Kickstart is his statement about lying in a game of Mafia?

And @Trfel, can you please share why you're suspecting @ruXxar? I would have to agree with ruXxar's point that it is generally annoying when someone answers a question directed at you. Although I don't see why Kickstart went so far as to vote for Oatsmaster right off the bat. Unless he's the Mafia and trying to mislead us.

On another note, do we know how many Mafias there are? If there are two Mafias, Oatsmaster and Kickstart may be those two and may have set this up to make everyone confused and make people like you two fight amongst yourselves.
The first two sentences are useless. He's overwhelmed, and he is looking forward to the game. This doesn't help us find mafia.

Down to business. This also doesn't help us find mafia.

He then asked two questions which didn't go much of anywhere, and he took guesses at the answers, like he's already trying to justify asking the questions or show that he's trying to think about the game. This really doesn't help with doing anything other than saying "Ha, I got it right!" later, which doesn't fit a mindset of actually solving the game.

Then he asked about the number of mafia in the game (which is clearly stated in the OP), and gave an unflipped association argument that didn't go anywhere. While in the same post (I think) saying that the association analysis is overwhelming him.

Anyway, I think that's what makes it scumy. I was going to question MoosyDoosy about this myself, later, but I wanted to push my points on ruXxar to their conclusion (whatever that would be) first.

On June 23 2015 09:55 ruXxar wrote:
I think that's going to be my new mafia tell from now on.

Too perfect play => mafia.
Also, LOL

Have fun with that


I see what you're saying about mooys post, but I still don't agree with it.
I think people are just reading too much into it, just like you did into my post at the start


O wait you were mafia... nvm.
Oh, I would have done that as town too. It was an exaggerated read to try to give people something to talk about. A scumread of you wasn't entirely warranted, but then I would have had nothing to say, which helps no one.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
June 23 2015 05:32 GMT
#2721
On June 23 2015 14:31 Rels wrote:
Wow this is over!

I want to thank my coach ritoki for the many many hours he helped me try to make sense of everything. Thanks coach will be rooting for you every time now!

Now apparently there was a podcast on fucking how wos can be mafia. I hope it's recorded cause I wanna hear that

Finally thanks onegu and ff for hosting
There is, I'm actually listening to it right now

http://www.twitch.tv/waveofshadow/b/671630829

Here's the main part, anyway.

Hopefully you will play mafia again, and hopefully I get town with you next time XD
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
June 23 2015 05:58 GMT
#2723
On June 23 2015 14:56 Rels wrote:
Sure!

Ofc if Im mafia you may die N1

(=
Hahaha, I haven't been night killed in months XD
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
June 23 2015 06:07 GMT
#2727
XD
Prev 1 7 8 9 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 44m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 188
StarCraft: Brood War
Mind 1211
Horang2 1132
ggaemo 672
Larva 583
Stork 347
Bisu 339
Leta 214
PianO 187
Killer 45
Hyuk 45
[ Show more ]
Sexy 36
EffOrt 29
Bale 24
yabsab 20
Hm[arnc] 15
ZergMaN 15
sorry 13
Soma 11
Dota 2
XcaliburYe225
League of Legends
JimRising 353
Reynor86
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor1203
Other Games
Mew2King149
crisheroes105
ArmadaUGS59
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick561
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream189
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 5966
• lizZardDota2303
League of Legends
• Stunt1189
• Jankos1077
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
44m
Online Event
1h 44m
FEL
6h 44m
AI Arena Tournament
7h 44m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
9h 44m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d
INu's Battles
1d 2h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 9h
Replay Cast
1d 14h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.