• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:09
CEST 04:09
KST 11:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup3StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)64Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Awesome/Confusing SC2 BM SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
JaeDong's ASL S22 Ro. 8 Review Sagi.gg Launcher Released an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot Bot on ladder Data analysis on 8 million games
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9095 users

[M][N]Holy Guardians Chapter 1 - Page 13

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 All
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
June 16 2015 20:31 GMT
#2319
On June 17 2015 05:26 scott31337 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 17 2015 04:56 VisceraEyes wrote:
And it seems like I'm the only one trying to figure anything out - everyone else seems to be sure about the world we're in.

GAH!!!


Just look at it from my point of view and you would understand -



And I could say the same thing...

This stance is not very helpful and is just you digging your heals in the sand.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
June 16 2015 20:42 GMT
#2322
@VE
Ah yea that post. Pretty sure I was townreading scott from it as well at that point in time. He was the first person to spell out the Chez rule for me and I agreed that GG was looking really scummy that day.

I probably would have been townreading scott going into D4 as well if it weren't for his posts N3 and the case Damdred brought up on him.

Do you disagree with the points I raised in this post? or the follow up post?

I was surprised I found as much scummy stuff as I did in his filter, but maybe I was getting confirmation bias since I was kinda looking for scummy posts.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
June 16 2015 20:44 GMT
#2323
Like I'm sorry, but one post that looks towny doesn't convince me I might be wrong about scott...
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
June 16 2015 20:48 GMT
#2327
Sorry Posted the wrong link.

On June 17 2015 05:42 Tictock wrote:
@VE
Ah yea that post. Pretty sure I was townreading scott from it as well at that point in time. He was the first person to spell out the Chez rule for me and I agreed that GG was looking really scummy that day.

I probably would have been townreading scott going into D4 as well if it weren't for his posts N3 and the case Damdred brought up on him.

Do you disagree with the points I raised in this post? or the follow up post?

I was surprised I found as much scummy stuff as I did in his filter, but maybe I was getting confirmation bias since I was kinda looking for scummy posts.



Should be this one
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/486008-holy-guardians-chapter-1?page=97#1937
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
June 16 2015 20:55 GMT
#2332
On June 17 2015 05:49 scott31337 wrote:
Oh I see.
Show nested quote +
On June 13 2015 08:33 Tictock wrote:
On June 13 2015 06:20 scott31337 wrote:
VE is the one I'm most in doubt of. But the other two I'm pretty confident of now - TT should be dead and he's not. After the three mislynches he went after me But if that's the case, there's a mafia on me and can last minute switch anyway and it's over.

I've always had mixed emotions about yourself.


Sure I went after you.

Has nothing to do with me trying to follow Onegu's thinking about Damdred. Reading Damdred's filter and coming to my own conclusion that he is town.

Also has nothing to do with how you claimed you want to sheep me after I made these two posts. Which since you now bring up that I was on multiple (2 btw) mislynches seems like an odd thing to want to do. Unless it was an attempt to pocket me. I has been reading Onegu as town most of this game as well as made a case on Damdred early on when he irked me after EoD. You prob figured I'd fall in line and lynch him next.

Also this post, where you are almost conditionally voting based on the night kill... wth was that?

You say we should dismiss those posts kus you were messing around while drinking... sounds to me more like your trying to cover up your drunken slips since you felt like you had this game won.

I'm gunna have to find some of those fabled Town Rainbows in your filter for me to reconsider my vote.


There's nothing I can say I have not already about my drunken fail post I have not already, I was frustrated at the game at the time. A regret that won't happen in the future. I'm asking you to dismiss them, but not make the wagon on me D4 off of one post.


Yea... it wasn't ONE post...

It was several posts that gave me the willies.

It was the case made by Damdred.

It was my filter dive on Damdred that had me convinced he was town.

It was my filter dive on Scott that convinced me he is Mafia.

So yea, 5 min to go, time to watch Scott flip red I think

I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
June 16 2015 21:07 GMT
#2348
GG Town.

Holy crap I can't believe I survived that game! Scumread and voted on everyday but I managed to survive!

Was super worried when I rolled scum and saw my team was all newbies with me. Sorry I got frustrated at you Milo when you wanted to concede after Nydus got lynched, but I think I proved my point eh? Never give up Never surrender!

Milo I think you owe everyone an explanation as to your unvote D1, lol I don't even think I get it still. Did you think that by having the votes tied it would cause a revote or something?

GG Nydus, dude I was so sure you were going to get pinged out like you did with your play. Somehow you kept yourself from being focused till LyLo though so thats super impressive. Pretty sure if I had been town I woulda pushed you much more than Choco though.

Whew, playing this right after the last newbie game has me fairly burnt out. I think I'll hold off playing in one of these games again.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
June 16 2015 21:07 GMT
#2349
Btw, the shit with my Basement.. 100% legit.

It has been a frustrating weekend >.<
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
June 16 2015 21:11 GMT
#2353
Yea, sorry VE but I had to try and use your stubborness to our advantage.

Damdred was all too willing to play the EoD vote switch shenanigans (and I warned Nydus about the possibility of him being pinged out by that D4), so it was all up to how well I could convince VE.

Milo did a great job picking up his posting D5 I thought too, woulda liked to have seen him posting like that all game long though.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
June 16 2015 21:13 GMT
#2358
On June 17 2015 06:10 Shendelzare wrote:
Tictock deserved his win though, that was insane. Too bad for town.


I apologize for being evil and suggesting we kill you the night you got swapped in ^.^

You had me a bit too worried when you pinged Nydus with that vote w/e day it was so kinda felt like we had to kill you the following Night.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
June 16 2015 21:15 GMT
#2361
On June 17 2015 06:13 scott31337 wrote:
Hope you got it mostly taken care of.


Thanks buddy.

Yea it's mostly in shape. Problem is the area I live in has been getting record rains for the past month, so it's a problem for a TON of people. Like you can't rent pumps or find alot of the equipment you'd need because it's an issue almost everyone is facing.

Thankfully I had some family who had a pump they could lend us as well as a few extra hands to carry out stuff.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
June 16 2015 21:21 GMT
#2364
So my biggest comment on that game was that there was just too many townies not playing very well.

Damdred pushing KS D1 was amazing luck for our team. That woulda been game changing. Kick has hopefully learned the importance of claiming earlier, though in fairness we would have RB/Killed him that night regardless.

Not to be mean, or w/e but Choco and GG really need to pick up their town game. You guys kinda got yourselves lynched more than my team pushing on you, it did make our lives easier so thanks for that ^.^

I was much more worried about VE wanting to push Milo D5 there, or that Scott and Onegu would make a better case on either of us. I think it was a mistake for you two to not push points outside of D4 votes as that fed into the Fiction I was creating about you two. It def helped that VE was clearly already on that line of thought.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
June 16 2015 21:35 GMT
#2371
On June 17 2015 06:28 Fidei86 wrote:
Also I was really surprised when it was clear TT and scott weren't on the same team. You guys really need to get a mafia room :-p


Not sure what you mean by this...

You were that sure we were on a team? I kept giving Scott easy townreads w/o much thought and he kept saying he didn't believe I could be playing like I was as scum w/o support + Show Spoiler +
Was all me baby! Milo and Nydus did their fair share, but I played to my own style and thinking.
. So it's not like we were ignoring each other, just I was hoping to keep him pocketed as long as I could so I wasn't going to push on him till I needed to.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
June 16 2015 21:37 GMT
#2373
On June 17 2015 06:33 Damdred wrote:
Why didn't anyone quote me more about ho I said Milo had to die that was really disappointing.

When I'm that sure and he ignores me he's scum. Q.q

Anyway gg


Lol I was worried about that too (obv I wasn't going to, though lol).

You did make that one post right before we NK'd you that said something like "Milo should be the lynch tomorrow. Maybe scott still, idk" I woulda brought that up if someone had done that.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
June 16 2015 21:43 GMT
#2374
On June 17 2015 06:36 Fidei86 wrote:
I was pretty sure you were mafia by the end, because the mafia had killed everyone else who could string a coherent sentence together, but you were still there with your filter dives.


Ouch, I thought Damdred and VE were still very much so people I was worried about since they have experience and good reasoning.

I actually recommend you look through the QT we had (milo posted the link) and see what we were thinking when we planned our NK's. It was never a simple decision and we kept trying to weigh how NKs would affect the following day. I def think trying to figure out why scum make NK's is dangerous WIFOM territory while you are in game and don't have much knowledge. Don't dismiss those thoughts, but don't base reads off them either. Just my 2 cents.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
June 16 2015 22:26 GMT
#2381
@Damdred

Was reading Obs QT, and was wondering what you meant by this
It also really bothered me that tt was so a f2f k the whole game,lol


Also HtS had OGI that unfairly influenced her obs read of me

I'd been hoping to roll town or another blue this game, as I felt a bit worn out after NSMX. When I saw that I rolled GF and my team wasn't very experienced I figured I'd play as towny as I could while not pinging out my team (though I was ready to bus them right away, lol). I think scotts argument about me being alive too long woulda worked to bring me down if I had had to buss Milo D5.

I mean, I prob would have needed to concede if VE swapped to Milo as then the reality of him and I being a team was too clear. I really wanted to try and push a world where Onegu/Milo coulda been a team, or Scott/Milo to see if Onegu would give up his townread on scott. That was actually what I was hoping for with my team/logic post but when I was writing it it became clear that the votes D4 disproved a lot of team possibilities.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
June 16 2015 22:50 GMT
#2387
@ Milo

GB added both QTs to the Endgame post.

@GB

I'm looking forward to your post-per-post analysis

Also I would read flavor if you went back to add it in *nudge nudge*
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
June 16 2015 23:35 GMT
#2390
Chronological sounds more interesting to me, but it's your call. Your the one doing it ^.^
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
June 17 2015 08:32 GMT
#2401
On June 17 2015 15:12 Damdred wrote:
Negative you unvoting and voting chocolate would of had a different result as you wouldn't of been off the table for a couple cycles.

I'm not mad at all or anything you guys played great


I totally agree with Damdred here, it makes a lot more sense for scum to swap to choco as it is easy towncred but changes little about town losing the blue role. I highly doubt rit or many other players would have given Milo so much towncred had it not been for the threat of the modkill there. It was the risk of what looked like (and kinda was from Milo's post game post about this) a paniced Unvote with no follow up vote that made the move so towny.

If you noitice I was not only freaking out at Milo in QT but I held off reading him ingame for this move till I saw that rit and others felt it was so towny. I would have had no issues bussing Milo D2 or D3 had he simply revoted Choco since the scum logic of that move was so much more clear cut. With the way things played out I tried to push the logic that Milo couldn't be scum there unless Choco was also scum D3. I really hoped that IF and ONLY IF logic would not only help push Choco for lynch but help secure Milo's towncred when Choco fliped.

I can't help but wonder how the game would have played out if D1 had ended with 2 ModKills, a Choco lynch, and a KS NightKill. I bet town would win in that situation as GG and Choco were perfect mislynches for my team. Also damdred & rit working together as town, with Shen and VE ... Scary for a newbie scum team. Onegu would have been my top push in that world, though I would possibly would have bussed the living hell out of nydus there as well.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
June 17 2015 08:53 GMT
#2402
So, I get people might not want to help me improve my scumgame after this game...

However, since this was my first game as Mafia I'm fairly interested in what had people scumreading me this game.

I understood GG's reason given the Chez rule stuff, though I think his approach needs some work. Chez thrives off reactive reading from what i can gather, so I think the way that you ignored my responses regardless of you being right or not about me was bad play. Since the rest of GG's scum reads were so far off I kinda take it that it was luck that you pinged me out. Also I have no issues voting rit like I did as town, so yea...

I'm not so clear on why other people had issues with my play early on. I guess I was able to turn those opinions around on my own, but still wondering what people saw that made them think I was scum.

In my own opinion the only really telling things were how I kept scumming Nydus but never really pushed him (thankfully that described about half the players) and my attempt to push Damdred off the D1 mislynch. Other than a few other small things like that I was really just trying to play my town game.

Oh, btw statements like this cracked me up all game long.
If you are scum TicTock you deserve the win from how much you improved, so let's throw that out.
I can take that responsibility.
Tictock
Profile Blog Joined September 2010
United States6052 Posts
June 17 2015 23:43 GMT
#2413
On June 18 2015 07:15 Fidei86 wrote:
VE - no worries. It's tough being the only one left stuck in between two warring factions. Just remember for next time - ALWAYS LYNCH TICKTOCK :-)


Hey now...

That might be fair if I'm not catching scum... I actually have a pretty good history of catching scum D1. Though I also get tunneled sometimes and that can effect my reads pretty badly.

I'll be keeping that in mind the next time I roll Mafia though ^.^

Also pretty likely I'll be changing up me meta whenever I decide to /in another game.

This was my 3rd game of Mafia ever btw ( forum based or otherwise) so I'm still learning a lot.
I can take that responsibility.
Prev 1 11 12 13 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
The PiG Daily
08:00
Best Games of SC
BASILISK vs T1
Maru vs Clem
Serral vs herO
Clem vs SHIN
PiGStarcraft508
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
07:00
Masters Cup #151: Group B
davetesta23
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
PiGStarcraft508
WinterStarcraft271
RuFF_SC2 149
PiLiPiLi 19
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 1081
White-Ra 135
Noble 64
Hyuk 60
Bale 21
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm164
LuMiX1
League of Legends
Doublelift5036
Counter-Strike
taco 558
minikerr22
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox647
Heroes of the Storm
Khaldor720
Other Games
summit1g8452
Coldzera 865
C9.Mang0322
ViBE60
Mew2King46
ArmadaUGS37
Liquid`Ken4
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick717
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream81
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 82
• Letter147
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota21478
Upcoming Events
CranKy Ducklings
7h 51m
Online Event
8h 51m
FEL
13h 51m
AI Arena Tournament
14h 51m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
16h 51m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 7h
INu's Battles
1d 9h
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 16h
Replay Cast
1d 21h
[ Show More ]
Afreeca Starleague
2 days
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
Monday Night Weeklies
2 days
Afreeca Starleague
3 days
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
3 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-02
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.