• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:23
CEST 02:23
KST 09:23
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202610Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8541 users

Noir Mini Mafia: Chapter 3 - Page 8

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next All
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 28 2015 19:50 GMT
#1267
I should add, it is strange that yamato77 hasn't been doing much lately. Especially when he came back this morning and didn't contribute much. Perhaps that's more of a reason to vote for him over WaveofShadow.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 28 2015 22:54 GMT
#1312
I'm really not happy with yamato77's posting as of late.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 28 2015 22:55 GMT
#1315
Breshke, can you briefly summarize why you think that yamato77 is scum, and why his play can't come from town?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 28 2015 23:10 GMT
#1322
On April 29 2015 08:08 Breshke wrote:
Also trfel you shouldnt compare my pla in a student game to normal games I find it a lot easier to try be a big player when im not one of the least experienced.
Yeah, I feel the same way, but I demonstrated the same points in Guardians of the Galaxy. I try to use meta in really general ways.

You know, I might actually want to switch to yamato77.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 28 2015 23:13 GMT
#1324
On April 23 2015 08:12 yamato77 wrote:
I'll freely admit I don't have a better lynch at this second but it's not really important to, at this point
Yamato77, can you please explain this quote? From Day 1, near the lynch deadline.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 28 2015 23:15 GMT
#1326
Yeah, maybe it is just that simple.

##unvote
##vote yamato77
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 28 2015 23:19 GMT
#1331
On April 29 2015 08:17 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2015 08:15 Trfel wrote:
Yeah, maybe it is just that simple.

##unvote
##vote yamato77

I don't want to be a dick

but this is truly pointless
There's a very good reason.

I just want to see reactions before I share it.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 28 2015 23:31 GMT
#1349
Yamato77, towards the end of Day 1, did you think that Artanis was mafia?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 28 2015 23:35 GMT
#1356
Yamato77 on Artanis

On April 22 2015 06:13 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2015 06:12 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On April 22 2015 06:10 WaveofShadow wrote:
That doesn't force anything. They'll participate if they feel like it this game.

Well, they can continue to do nothing, and then we can lynch them then bitch about them not playing to their win condition. The point is, we can give them time due to there not being a hard deadline, so there's no excuses for them not to participate.

artanis, is this seriously your plan this game?
The start of yamato77's first push on Artanis.

On April 22 2015 06:39 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 22 2015 06:34 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On April 22 2015 06:32 yamato77 wrote:
On April 22 2015 06:30 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Yes look at all the waiting I'm doing.

you're responding to PRESSURE

you aren't the one doing the pressing

big difference

I'm responding to idiots being idiots and it's unfortunate as I could have spent that time playing GTA5.

Actually, I couldn't because it's not installed yet, but that's semantics.

so you freely admit you don't actually care to play the game beyond wasting time waiting for Palmar/BH?

alright

##unvote
##Vote: Artanis
Follows up with his vote.
On April 23 2015 07:28 yamato77 wrote:
I don't like Artanis' post where he comments on the case offhandedly and then votes trfel
More things he doesn't like about Artanis.
On April 23 2015 07:39 yamato77 wrote:
Artanis!

Seems like you and I have the same problem with trfel, haha.
Something good about Artanis.
On April 23 2015 07:50 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 23 2015 07:49 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
On April 23 2015 07:45 yamato77 wrote:
On April 23 2015 07:44 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
BH deserves to be lynched for not posting the British Empire Mafia post-game analysis anyway.

So you consent to the BH lynch, Artanis?

or...?

I don't oppose it. I honestly have no idea what he'll flip but a bunch of people look townier and I don't think I'll ever be confident in reading him as town so him going today is fine.

-pukes on keyboard-
And something else bad about Artanis.

Now, look at his comments on the Blazinghand lynch.
On April 23 2015 07:27 yamato77 wrote:
alright, so the BH case in and of itself isn't really that bad

honestly, the BH that does this whole martyring thing has been town in the past

I've also seen him be scum and use delay tactics, but is this really a delay tactic?

I'm unsure about this lynch, bros
On April 23 2015 08:12 yamato77 wrote:
I'll freely admit I don't have a better lynch at this second but it's not really important to, at this point
So Artanis, who he is still voting for, and shared all these suspicions of, is not a better lynch than Blazinghand (who he really doesn't seem to want to lynch)?

Blazinghand gets lynched. Start of Day 2, yamato77 posts this.
On April 24 2015 10:13 yamato77 wrote:
But all that's really here nor there. It's a different day now.

I still think Artanis looks pretty bad. Thoughts on wagon were subpar
So Artanis looks pretty bad, for reasons that existed at the end of Day 1, but wasn't a better lynch than Blazinghand?

The only possibility I see for this being town motivated is that yamato77 was doing a pressure on Artanis, not a serious scumread. This is doubtful given this post above. And when I asked yamato77 about this recently, here is his answer.
On April 29 2015 08:15 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2015 08:13 Trfel wrote:
On April 23 2015 08:12 yamato77 wrote:
I'll freely admit I don't have a better lynch at this second but it's not really important to, at this point
Yamato77, can you please explain this quote? From Day 1, near the lynch deadline.

don't need to find a better lynch than BH when you can just extend the day and work toward finding one

it's really simple
So maybe the pressure on Artanis was just a pressure all along, and never actually a scumread? I really don't see any other possibility, it's either this or yamato77 is mafia.
On April 29 2015 08:32 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2015 08:31 Trfel wrote:
Yamato77, towards the end of Day 1, did you think that Artanis was mafia?

I went over this

he looked better because of you.

your reads on the two of us were similar and we both took offense to them in similar ways, it was kinda townie

not super strong, but enough to make me doubt
And so it wasn't a pressure vote.

Yamato's read progression is as follows:
  • Artanis made a scummy statement, waiting for inactives instead of scumhunting
  • He made a really bad post where his push isn't what he is talking about
  • He said the same thing about Trfel as I did, maybe he's town
  • His comments on the Blazinghand wagon were really bad
  • Lynching Artanis is worse than lynching Blazinghand, who I really don't want to lynch
  • Artanis looks pretty bad for his stance on the Blazinghand wagon
And I don't like that at all.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 28 2015 23:37 GMT
#1360
If that isn't alignment indicative, if I messed up somewhere, I'll switch back to WaveofShadow.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 28 2015 23:39 GMT
#1364
On April 29 2015 08:38 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Trfel, the town alternative for Yamato I can see there is that he simply didn't really want to see BH lynched and that was his primary thought focus at the time.
Enough to make him specifically state that he had no better lynch?
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 28 2015 23:44 GMT
#1372
On April 29 2015 08:41 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2015 08:39 Trfel wrote:
On April 29 2015 08:38 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Trfel, the town alternative for Yamato I can see there is that he simply didn't really want to see BH lynched and that was his primary thought focus at the time.
Enough to make him specifically state that he had no better lynch?

I dunno. If he didn't follow it up with pushing me again before the lynch it does look pretty bad. I can imagine him not pushing me as alternative instantly, but he should realize it at some point before the lynch.
He never did.

His Day 1 was just like:

WaveofShadow is suspicious
Artanis is mafia
Maybe Artanis isn't mafia?
Artanis looks pretty suspicious
Don't lynch Blazinghand
Don't lynch Blazinghand!

No follow through on WaveofShadow or Artanis at all...

But I suppose his explanation does have some merit. That's not how I read his post at all, but I guess maybe I could see it anyway. Ugh.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 28 2015 23:47 GMT
#1378
On April 29 2015 08:42 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Meh, I think I just want to stay on Wave as Yamato cares too much atm.
He hasn't been caring for a while. And he cares only when he's at risk of being lynched.

It's been 48 hours since yamato77 was seriously scumhunting (and his content was fairly good then, but still...).

Were WaveofShadow mafia, I would think that mafia would jump all over this. I conclude that if WaveofShadow is mafia, then his partner is either not voting for him or isn't here. Which isn't very useful at all.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 28 2015 23:50 GMT
#1385
Palmar, if WaveofShadow flips town, do you agree to play the game properly and find scum?

Also,

##unvote
##vote WaveofShadow


Yamato77's explanation is plausible, I suppose, even though I really don't like it.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 28 2015 23:51 GMT
#1388
On April 29 2015 08:49 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 29 2015 08:47 Trfel wrote:
On April 29 2015 08:42 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Meh, I think I just want to stay on Wave as Yamato cares too much atm.
He hasn't been caring for a while. And he cares only when he's at risk of being lynched.

It's been 48 hours since yamato77 was seriously scumhunting (and his content was fairly good then, but still...).

Were WaveofShadow mafia, I would think that mafia would jump all over this. I conclude that if WaveofShadow is mafia, then his partner is either not voting for him or isn't here. Which isn't very useful at all.

There's only one other mafia player though. If it's Palmar, he can't really move off Wave given how he'd have been bussing him all game. If it's Breshke, he's already voting Yamato. The argument only really works for Damdred I think.
And Damdred isn't here, so it doesn't matter. Like I said, it didn't end up with any useful information.

Oh well, here's hoping that WaveofShadow is actually mafia.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 28 2015 23:53 GMT
#1391
On April 29 2015 08:51 Breshke wrote:
Is it bad that im really hoping wave flips town here
Breshke confirmed.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 28 2015 23:59 GMT
#1394
Town

rsoultin
Artanis

Probably Town

Palmar
Damdred

Maybe Mafia

Breshke
yamato77

Hoping for the best. In all likelihood, see you tomorrow.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 30 2015 01:18 GMT
#1430
Hi.

I'm still pretty happy about the lynch yesterday It feels good to be right, even though I invalidated it by doubting myself later. At least I was right at one point.

I need to look again to see if this makes Artanis confirmed town, but I don't think that it does. It does look extremely good for him, despite all of the earlier reasons I had to townread him, but I suppose he could do this as mafia.

That really just leaves Breshke, yamato77, and Palmar. One good townread would even be enough to win the game. For now, I'm kind of leaning towards Palmar being the most town still.

I suppose with a two player scum team, I feel like scum could be extremely strange in their interactions. It makes me think that trying to use association reads is extremely dangerous.

Anyway, I probably won't be here for the deadline tomorrow (or the day after that, maybe even...). I'm moving, I should be able to be online enough, just at random times. Sorry.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 30 2015 01:20 GMT
#1431
On April 30 2015 10:15 Breshke wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 30 2015 10:11 rsoultin wrote:
On April 30 2015 10:09 Breshke wrote:
Mmmm i can understand the problem you would have with that post rso but i was just being realistic. Like look at it from my point of view I know im town and i was fairly sure wave was town (lol). Ive tried making everyone agree to narrowing the lynch pool to me yamato and wave. Then wave comes in and takes me out. I look at this and its like okay if he is mafia he is reducing the chance town gets lynched and i try think of possible mafia motives.

The only one that came to mind was that if he gets yamato lynched he can probs use the fact that he pocketed me to win the next phase.

That being said like why would he as scum go for thos play so while it was possible i thought it was unlikely. obviously i thought wrong.


the best reason for him to go for that play if he's scum is if you're scum with him -shrugs-

i mean i'm sorry if you're town, but you can't deny the logic


Yeah your right. So you think my play as scum is to limit the lynch to me my scumbuddy and one town?
I could easily see scum trying to take a town out of the lynch pool.

First, it looks good for them (less playing for survival). Second, they get to pocket someone. Third, it all depends on the thread position, and I don't think that Breshke no longer being an option affected WaveofShadow's chances of being lynched that much.
Trfel
Profile Joined August 2011
7015 Posts
April 30 2015 01:30 GMT
#1433
On April 30 2015 10:28 rsoultin wrote:
lol umm

considering the two voting for bresh ended up voting for wave i think your assessment is off truffle
I don't think that WaveofShadow insisting that Breshke wasn't lynched had anything to do with this.

It's not like WaveofShadow could have flipped and started scumreading Breshke there, anyway.
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
CranKy Ducklings59
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
davetesta28
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech155
ViBE151
Nina 146
SpeCial 87
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 13784
Artosis 627
PianO 34
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm180
canceldota131
League of Legends
Doublelift3718
Counter-Strike
Fnx 1713
minikerr11
Super Smash Bros
AZ_Axe106
Other Games
summit1g7485
shahzam618
Day[9].tv568
C9.Mang0405
Trikslyr104
Maynarde99
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV197
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 42
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP40
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki6
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Day9tv568
Upcoming Events
OSC
22h 37m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 9h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 16h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 18h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.