• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:25
CEST 21:25
KST 04:25
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 13054 users

Newbie Student Mafia VIII - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
April 20 2015 17:55 GMT
#410
in no world did anyone realize you put bold points in there scott
i thought you had a 1 word reply
furthermore how do you ever vote someone because they have a case on you? my vote stands
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
April 20 2015 18:04 GMT
#418
scott31337 wrote:
Yes, I have a meh read - not enough to go one way or the other, espically on Day 1 - is that possible? YES!Everyone else was null - Damdred and OWS were stirring the thread in the right direction, and I did not have an opionion on anybody else yet. If I added to that now, I'd give a slight town to Trfel - him and Damdred going at it looks innocent, and you look a little scummy. Fair? This is my second game - I wanted someone else to explain a "tone read" better then me looking up mafiawiki or urban dictionary - nobody ever did though. So helping newbies out is scummy? I'll have to remember that in the future. No, I do not think it is a terrible plan, because I think you are scum. I am going to OMGUS you and your terrible case.
From what I read on TBD's last game, he was actualy very similar before I voted for him. He started posting afterwards, and has faded - but I don't think he'll be the lynch today - tomorrow we can re-evaluate.

So you go in the same post saying "billmurray looks a little scummy" to "I think you are scum" Big jump there Scott.
You are still AtA even in your defense trying to suck up to what you view as the better players... I can tell you are new or else you wouldn't find them to be good players. Ah, it's your second game. That makes sense. also *than not then. It doesn't matter if you are wanting someone to explain it better than me. That was just the icing on the cake. You are consistently deferring to other people to make analysis for you because, it is my opinion, that you have an entire player list nailed down on who is town/mafia because of deductive reasoning. This comes across in the wording of your posts. You are trying very hard to say this person leans this way or that person leans that way when to me it feels forced and contrived.

I'm not coming off my vote. The fact you know and say you're OMGUSING me because "my case is bad" when you didn't even understand the major times you were giving information instead of analysis, appealing to authority, appealing to statistics, and pushing what you would view as an easy mislynch (which you are guilty of twice now considering your omgus and how often i am mislynched on d1 [so make that bloodydwarf and myself]) yeah i'll go ahead and paint you red.

All in all you are beginning to look like scum to me, especially given your reaction to my case, which I'll admit was somewhat reaching
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
April 20 2015 18:05 GMT
#419
On April 21 2015 02:59 Trfel wrote:
Hello, Holyflare.

This game is extremely inactive. Town isn't managing to do much of anything.

There is some suspicion on Bill Murray for bluehunting.
Some people want to lynch cakepie for taking a very long time between starting to read the game and posting reads, as well as being non-committal.
I want to lynch Bourneq for a terrible read progression, but no one else agrees with me.

ME, BLUEHUNTING? ARE YOU DUMB? DAFT?

If I wanted to bluehunt I would just nightkill them

wow.
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
April 20 2015 18:07 GMT
#420
How about you read the actual thread you posted about me Trfel? Remember when I was blue and I was calling for Mad Hatters to claim to me in PM? If I'm "blue hunting" IN THE THREAD I'm always town

You want me to defend myself buddy?

1) I have made 2 major posts which is way more effort than I put in as mafia
2) I have been analyzing the setup regarding when we will hit lylo/mylo given different circumstances
3) I accidentally didn't realize the setup in and of itself which is a mistake mafia would be unable to make

You can attack me for self meta because I realize self meta is the worst meta but any meta is better than no meta
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
April 20 2015 18:10 GMT
#422
Trfel
How come the 2 people you want to lynch are the 2 who have been suspicious of you?
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
April 20 2015 18:10 GMT
#423
On April 21 2015 03:07 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2015 03:05 Bill Murray wrote:
On April 21 2015 02:59 Trfel wrote:
Hello, Holyflare.

This game is extremely inactive. Town isn't managing to do much of anything.

There is some suspicion on Bill Murray for bluehunting.
Some people want to lynch cakepie for taking a very long time between starting to read the game and posting reads, as well as being non-committal.
I want to lynch Bourneq for a terrible read progression, but no one else agrees with me.

ME, BLUEHUNTING? ARE YOU DUMB? DAFT?

If I wanted to bluehunt I would just nightkill them

wow.
Bluehunting means finding blues, presumably so you can night kill them.

There is suspicion that your statements asking the power roles to claim is bluehunting, because they claim and then you kill them. That is the biggest reason that most people are suspicious of you.

Trfel I am the best person at killing blues in the night as scum

I don't need to say A SINGLE WORD when I am scum to "blue hunt"
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
April 20 2015 18:19 GMT
#425
From Storm Mafia

On July 22 2014 03:51 Bill Murray wrote:
Show nested quote +
On July 22 2014 03:45 marvellosity wrote:
the kills were kinda insane. but i can't argue with them, they threw town for a loop and town could never make anything of them. it almost certainly saved BM from more suspicion as the days went on.

the kills were literally "who are blue"


Where I sniped the entire blue pool a year ago
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
April 20 2015 18:21 GMT
#426
Trfel why were you wanting to lynch the 2 people who either voted you or said they wanted to vote you? Especially considering you said me posting wanting the cop to come forth was town. "i think this post supports bill murray as town slightly" were your exact words, sir.
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
April 20 2015 18:36 GMT
#429
Trfel why were you wanting to lynch the 2 people who were suspicious of you?
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
April 20 2015 18:37 GMT
#430
jeez talking to this guy is like talking to a wall he's even misrepresenting something HE said
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
April 20 2015 18:42 GMT
#433
On April 21 2015 03:39 Trfel wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2015 03:36 Bill Murray wrote:
Trfel why were you wanting to lynch the 2 people who were suspicious of you?
My reasons are clearly stated in my filter at the time. I don't know why you are asking.

If you are trying to say that I am scum because of OMGUS, then say that.

I just wanted to see how you would react
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
April 20 2015 18:46 GMT
#434
On April 21 2015 03:14 Trfel wrote:
Bill Murray, I don't know your meta. Why would you think that I would? I'm a new player to this site.

Did you miss the part where I said that I don't want to lynch you any more?
And Damdred has been pushing me the most, and at this point he's probably town. But I said that I don't want to lynch him long before.

Why would I think you would? Because you (i thought it was you) referenced a post about me from a different thread?

Did I miss the part where you said you didn't want to lynch me? No, I didn't, but I feel like you're lying.

There is a difference between not wanting to lynch me because you don't want to, and not wanting to lynch me because you can't.

Damdred hasn't been pushing you the most. He has been arguing with you. Why are you flip flopping on your Damdred read? You had him in black before, very near your list of scum, and said you only had him there "because he's damdred". You can't play the "i'm new here" card and also suck up to people you respect... how do you even know who people are? Which way do you want it? Do you want to be able to know the players or do you want to be considered a new player?

Saying you don't want to lynch Damdred why though? Because he is who he is? Just because you are who you are doesn't mean that you didn't roll mafia dude. That's a terrible reason not to vote someone. I don't even think that you believe your own reasoning on that.
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
April 20 2015 19:20 GMT
#449
trfel attacks me for my case but then attempts to make 1/4th of the reasoning against LS look good

awesome
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
April 20 2015 19:25 GMT
#456
holyflare is talking about ongoing games? that's modkillable.

On April 21 2015 04:06 The Shining wrote:
Yeah BM's off my lynch list for now. I skimmed to catch up so I'm going to reread but off of first impressions, I don't like Scott's OMGUS. And Cake doesn't look any better from that last post. Still don't think I'd lynch him but it's becoming more likely. Especially plynch voting Plot after being against his own plynch. Hypocrisy.

Trfel - Suspicious of/scums Bourne - Damdred - BM - LS. You've been suspicious of a good percentage of the game already. At what point does it go from scumhunting to town paranoia to scum flinging scum every which way? Right when I was about to respond to your post and read progression on Bourne, I've got a whole new case on LS to address now. LoL.

How many times has LS been mislynched for this in the past? He even mentioned it himself this game. "I usually get scummed for my list posts." But I'm who asked him for it so I won't scum him for it.

yeah and it's funny because Trfel made a very very scummy nearly slippy list post himself

I don't like Bourne's vote. The obvious sheep vote "well i gotta go" right now is on cake

I know you guys are thinking Trfel wagon is leaking blood and you all are swarming like sharks but I really don't want to lynch Trfel right now. I believe he is likelier town than half of you. He just has somewhat been grasping at straws. It's not really alignment indicative to be throwing things out to see where they'll stick

I agree with OWS in that I dont want to lynch Damdred or Trfel
Damdred and Trfel are BOTH voting Cake who posted his best defense when he was directly pressured/voted, within 15 minutes coming out with a big wall to try to make himself look town

my REAL problem is I wouldn't be surprised if Cake is a Powerrole. If I was scum I would easily just throw a 3rd vote onto this wagon, say well he was actively lurking, etc

No, I still want to lynch Scott. Nothing Cake has done will top Scott's reaction to my shitty case on him.
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
April 20 2015 19:27 GMT
#459
yeah to reiterate I don't like Bourne's vote. The obvious sheep vote "well i gotta go" right now is on cake
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
April 20 2015 19:30 GMT
#462
On April 21 2015 04:26 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 21 2015 04:21 Bourneq wrote:
Wow trfels reads are so terrible I want to lynch him. But at least he is posting.

##Vote Trfel

Just casting my vote real quick I will be back in a few hours.


what? why are you voting him but giving a provision where you don't seem to want to?

he said he will be back in a few hours and is merely making that vote. The guy earlier said he wanted to lynch Trfel. This isn't out of nowhere HolyFlare.

However lynching Bourne isnt a bad idea. He has been the 2nd least helpful I can think of. Let's look at worst case scenario, though. If this guy is scum, are we worried about him? No, we are not.

I want to lynch someone who is going to actually be pushing good nightkills and terrible lynches masked as good lynches

Someone like Scott, or even the person Bourne is voting, Trfel. Now, I don't want to lynch Trfel, but even he (if they both flipped scum) would be a MUCH better lynch than Bourne.

While I will not deter the Bourne wagon more than I am, you know you are taking his post out of context.

TL;DR The wording is a bit funky but it's just a placeholder vote.
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
April 20 2015 19:33 GMT
#464
Man this guy is begging to be lynched

Admits to skimming

Says he's not going to be active
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
April 20 2015 19:35 GMT
#466
furthermore it's active lurking again. A vote goes on cake, and he comes into the thread instantly...
I'm considering voting him. I really want him to have to claim. Voting him now gives him time to be able to claim

You can say I'm bluefishing all you want but I dont want to lynch a PR slot. I'd kill to have this guy replaced by someone who will actually be active and not lurking
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
April 20 2015 19:35 GMT
#467
speaking of replacements. This game is getting stacked with good players.
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Bill Murray
Profile Blog Joined October 2009
United States9292 Posts
April 20 2015 19:43 GMT
#471
I'd like to see more out of LeiNadk too. If you filter him, although he raises some great points, it's pitifully small.

Both he and Bourne seem to be the only ones with 1 page filters. The activity this game has been great, probably due to everyone complaining with how slow it has gone.

We need to stay in the Goldilocks Zone of activity, not too much, not too little.

That being said, If we are going to lynch based upon activity, we need to do so today.

my question then would be, if you guys are so hot and heavy on Bourne, why not LeiNadk?
University of Kentucky Basketball #1
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1201
TKL 433
IndyStarCraft 277
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1201
ByuN 455
TKL 433
IndyStarCraft 277
Reynor 232
EmSc Tv 7
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24497
Calm 2401
Shuttle 367
Mini 172
White-Ra 143
ZZZero.O 86
firebathero 83
scan(afreeca) 24
soO 13
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc11240
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1287
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3824
Liquid`Hasu548
MindelVK5
Other Games
summit1g4630
Liquid`RaSZi2258
fl0m1721
FrodaN1313
olofmeister731
B2W.Neo711
Khaldor494
Beastyqt387
Livibee179
crisheroes164
Mew2King70
Pyrionflax39
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick742
BasetradeTV236
StarCraft 2
angryscii 17
EmSc Tv 7
EmSc2Tv 7
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 29
• Adnapsc2 16
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Airneanach38
• Azhi_Dahaki20
• 80smullet 10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1264
• Shiphtur652
• WagamamaTV419
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 35m
Replay Cast
3h 35m
OSC
16h 35m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.