• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:20
CEST 14:20
KST 21:20
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0 Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8801 users

Aperture Mafia 4: This Time it's Personal - Page 13

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 11 12 13 All
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
April 02 2015 19:40 GMT
#4757
On April 03 2015 04:38 Keirathi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2015 04:37 Alakaslam wrote:
On April 03 2015 04:35 Keirathi wrote:
On April 03 2015 04:20 Damdred wrote:
I know I was stealth'd on Slam last night somehow

What does "stealthing" do?

On April 03 2015 04:24 Alakaslam wrote:
On April 03 2015 04:20 Damdred wrote:
I know I was stealth'd on Slam last night somehow

Yup.

Your goal was killing me. You observed me killing WoS


That reminds me. Why ID* you kill WoS? How does that fit with your claimed win-cons?

Also, why do you think his goal was killing you? Wasn't his first contract to kill LS? And now his contract is to kill moriarty? Are you moriarty?

I thought WoS was Lavos, or possibly one of the party.

Killing a chrono trigger character would fulfill my wincon all right

Ah, the "kill a former GreYMisT character one. Gotcha.

Also I'm still confused by that statement "Your goal was killing me"??

I have an assassin trailing me
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
April 02 2015 19:44 GMT
#4767
On April 03 2015 04:39 justanothertownie wrote:
I got confirmation that my KP resolved. VA did not flip. This sucks.
##Vote: VayneAuthoriy

really?

In that case.

NEWSFLASH


SSons of the ENTIRE GAME!

If you want to live you will be tempted to vote VA or me. Fail to do this and you risk my surviving into the night (unlikely though XD)

If I survive due to VA not being dead, I will RNG among those who did not vote him and put my bomb and my KP on different members of that set.

So someone will die fast and someone else will die slow.

BAM! Go vote VA
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
April 02 2015 19:46 GMT
#4769
On April 03 2015 04:41 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 03 2015 04:39 Alakaslam wrote:
On April 03 2015 04:36 justanothertownie wrote:
On April 03 2015 04:35 Keirathi wrote:
On April 03 2015 04:20 Damdred wrote:
I know I was stealth'd on Slam last night somehow

What does "stealthing" do?

On April 03 2015 04:24 Alakaslam wrote:
On April 03 2015 04:20 Damdred wrote:
I know I was stealth'd on Slam last night somehow

Yup.

Your goal was killing me. You observed me killing WoS


That reminds me. Why ID* you kill WoS? How does that fit with your claimed win-cons?

Also, why do you think his goal was killing you? Wasn't his first contract to kill LS? And now his contract is to kill moriarty? Are you moriarty?

Slam cannot possibly be moriarty. Impossible. Apparently slam killed WoS because he wouldn't help him.

I was pissed at town for that.

WoS could have saved himself. He said, "would lord argyle work" and I tl searched lord argyle and he is some darks souls character and BOOM- said "show me who is lord argyle and you are spared" and he said nothing so I was like "whoops he is possibly lord argyle? Lol! He will probably get a protect..."

Instead

He just let himself die

No, he just didn't know who it was because it is me who knows that and I didn't tell him.

O
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
April 02 2015 20:10 GMT
#4797
On April 03 2015 04:54 Holyflare wrote:
Yes maybe he tracked slam and slam got bussed with ls so saw everyone that visited ls aka kita/sep/xfire contains mafia aka jat and xfire are still mafia.

Lynch me to confirm

No, you vote VA or I kill yo-

Dang I have no power over HF
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
April 02 2015 21:02 GMT
#4884
On April 03 2015 06:00 justanothertownie wrote:
DAMDRED.

If you are really 3p you exit the game today. If you do this I will believe what you are saying because I don't think you would work against town in this situation. If you do not exit the game you are probably mafia and lying about your nightactions.

Wait how does he do this?
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
April 08 2015 04:39 GMT
#6651
On April 08 2015 08:29 GreYMisT wrote:
Jat was bussed with onegu who was bussed with blazinghand who was bussed with jat who was also bussed with keirathi

In the hopes of directing a vig where I needed it.

hijole I played so bad after that
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
April 08 2015 04:40 GMT
#6652
On April 08 2015 08:31 Blazinghand wrote:
ALSO, I had an unbelievable amount of fun this game, especially during the night phases. Thanks so much for hosting, GreyMist! And thanks geript and phagga for great cohosting!

+1
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
April 08 2015 04:42 GMT
#6653
On April 08 2015 08:40 GreYMisT wrote:
I'd like to know why all of night 1 revolved around koshi and JAT

For my part, I was hoping someone would vig Blazinghand.

This would kill JAT. Killing the warrior, partly validating my prophecy, and partially fulfilling a wincon.

I had a lot of pride this game. I was gunning for 5 wincons fulfilled.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
April 08 2015 05:14 GMT
#6655
On April 08 2015 08:43 GreYMisT wrote:
But yea I will be talking about this game and the Aperture series/Hosting themed games in general on the next mafia podcast. So please leave any thoughts here. I am particuarly interesting in things that you found confusing about your role or things that you thought were really cool about the interactions. I would also like to know if there was a mechanic in your role that you found to not be fun to use.

Another thing I want input on is in trhead notification. In chrono trigger and Aperture 1 there was a lot of notification in the thread if an ability was used (such as learning when a yugioh card is played or a pokemon dies), as well as a lot of ##Command abilities. Do you guys find that you wanted these?

These are the greatest thing since sliced bread, yes
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
April 08 2015 05:24 GMT
#6657
On April 08 2015 08:49 Blazinghand wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2015 08:42 justanothertownie wrote:
On April 08 2015 08:41 Blazinghand wrote:
Koshi and JAT are possibly the two most hated players on all of TL, of course everyone used their powers on the two of them.

Debatable.

Fair enough, but you'll have to come up with an alternative hypothesis for why a good number of townies from various walks of life (Rso or VE or Slam who could have won with town for example) would townread you but also inexplicably not want to work with you and/or follow your plans. You're an intelligent player, so it's not that they think you're dumb; I believe it's an issue of personal animus.

I was just put off by the antagonism I faced as soon as people started to actually pm me instead of the other way around.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
April 08 2015 05:25 GMT
#6658
On April 08 2015 08:53 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 08 2015 08:49 Blazinghand wrote:
On April 08 2015 08:42 justanothertownie wrote:
On April 08 2015 08:41 Blazinghand wrote:
Koshi and JAT are possibly the two most hated players on all of TL, of course everyone used their powers on the two of them.

Debatable.

Fair enough, but you'll have to come up with an alternative hypothesis for why a good number of townies from various walks of life (Rso or VE or Slam who could have won with town for example) would townread you but also inexplicably not want to work with you and/or follow your plans. You're an intelligent player, so it's not that they think you're dumb; I believe it's an issue of personal animus.

Rso DID work with me and told me everything she knew so you can take her off the list. VE did not work with ANYONE so you can take him off the list. Slam was not town and also not working with anyone so you can take him off the list.

Also false. I worked with Rsoul and WoS, WoS out of pure desire to give him something powerful.

At my own expense.

And to gauge his reaction for being mafia.

And done very poorly.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
April 08 2015 05:32 GMT
#6661
On April 08 2015 09:12 kitaman27 wrote:
Slam really trashed town's chances of winning the game. I think BH would have been lynched day one if he hadn't claimed and day two VA was essentially the unanimous lynch.

I'm not sure if town actually was capable of lynching batsnacks on day four, but we should have. HF was just being so obnoxious that he was able to get under everyone's skin to a point where most of the town was sick of it. I shouldn't have let him get to me, but I was tired of the flaming from a player who honestly didn't seem to have a purpose for doing so. I kinda question how he played things out considering how easy it would have been to just claim Moriarty and have BH lynched early on in the game.

I know that this has been brought up a ton in the past, but there really isn't a good reason for JAT or HF to have a combined 100 page filter. Discussing things is fine, but a lot of the posts really didn't accomplish anything. I don't mean to attack JAT because he was a good town leader, but when you have a limited amount of time to play each day, it just demotivates you. Even I found myself spamming more than usual this game.

On a side note, I was finding so many breadcrumbs that simply didn't exist. At one point I PM'd rsoul a riddle thinking she was the riddler and HTS a random phrase thinking she was Robin. I was also really paranoid that damdred had to kill me as deadshot XD

I think my reads were fairly decent this game, which I'm only bringing up because of how miserable I have been in my past couple town games. I've seriously been pushing mislynch after mislynch for the last year or so. It's really been a while since I've been able to be fairly right. I almost never have any luck with meta so coming up with the d1 BH post was kinda surprising. I really should have pushed it later in on the game, but the 3P Moriarty threw things off. I was 3/3 on my scum list post with bats, sep, and VA, but I did a pretty poor job pushing things in the thread. It was just so tough to find a good time to do so, on D2 we have the day ending early, D3 we have the easy damdred lynch, and by D4 the game was close to over. I also think I had could have done a better idea of sharing my thoughts more often, rather than sending out PMs.

For me, I found it pretty frustrating how often people were calling me mafia based on some type of paranoia read. I haven't rolled mafia since March 2013, yet I always seem to have trouble getting people to trust me. I'm sure there are others that are probably better at mafia than town that deal with the same thing. It's just annoying to be told that you're mafia because you're still alive when there really that is out of your control for the most part.

Night actions seem to go pretty poorly. That was pretty unfortunate.

On the topic of role claims, there are two sides of this. One, a lot of the mafia team was figured out essentially to process of elimination for who hadn't claimed. On the other hand, it was way too easy for mafia to figure things out. I think you have to find a line in between for what is useful to share. A lot of people just sent me their role as soon as I asked on N1, which was pretty silly. If I had been mafia, I would probably have access to all but VE/yamato/xfire or something like that.

I enjoyed the flavor of my role with the whole witnessing my parents death thing, but I got a bit unlucky picking 3p HF day 1 and then day two ended before I could submit LS. On day three I made a mistake not going with JAT or keir. I was under the impression that yamato would save JAT, but obviously that wasn't the case.

There were some really cool roles this game. I enjoyed the setup, even if it seemed apparent that town didn't have much of a fighting chance for most of the game.

oh btw I may have called your bluff but you were spot on and I knew it.

hence, fear-> not working with people-> loss of head-> all hell breaks loose hijole
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
April 08 2015 05:33 GMT
#6662
oh yes rofl

that is the coolest thing, anyone else notice that?
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Prev 1 11 12 13 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1273
WardiTV608
OGKoka 196
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko392
OGKoka 196
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 11353
Bisu 3680
FanTaSy 2754
Shuttle 2055
Jaedong 1110
actioN 840
BeSt 684
Horang2 545
EffOrt 527
Leta 206
[ Show more ]
Zeus 194
Larva 175
Barracks 113
Dewaltoss 109
Mind 101
Mini 85
Mong 79
sorry 51
soO 49
ToSsGirL 48
Sexy 47
Sea.KH 46
JYJ 45
scan(afreeca) 45
Bale 34
Killer 30
Shinee 30
sSak 28
Free 27
Snow 26
Aegong 21
HiyA 16
zelot 13
Sacsri 12
yabsab 8
Yoon 7
Dota 2
Gorgc3311
Dendi775
XaKoH 343
qojqva171
Counter-Strike
x6flipin304
Other Games
singsing2555
Livibee2056
olofmeister1328
B2W.Neo667
crisheroes312
Pyrionflax220
hiko196
XBOCT194
dupreeh97
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
Afreeca ASL 7949
Other Games
gamesdonequick577
StarCraft: Brood War
StarCastTV_EN152
UltimateBattle 99
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 6
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1832
Other Games
• WagamamaTV162
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
3h 40m
Replay Cast
10h 40m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 40m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
22h 40m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.