• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:07
CEST 14:07
KST 21:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)69Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror mca64Launcher 2.0 Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7969 users

Newbie Student Mafia VII - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
plotspot
Profile Joined October 2014
800 Posts
April 10 2015 00:34 GMT
#333
On April 10 2015 09:24 Half the Sky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2015 07:24 prplhz wrote:
On April 10 2015 07:05 plotspot wrote:
I never played mafia. I think on a forum I visited 10 years ago they started playing it. Never understood what the fuss was about. A few month ago the seeds from this time must have grown, when I was bored and read mafia on this forum, I kinda remember I have seen it somewhere before definitely. A game played 10 years ago and now still must have some sort of value right?^^

alright

so after reading some mafia on this forum and checking out the general guide, you decided it was a good idea to vote alphabetically?


I'm interpreting the alphabetical vote as a joke vote - or NAI. I have seen it happen a few times in some of the newbie games. I know it has happened in Carol, and happened in Student IV.


What does NAI mean? No Additional Information? or No Action Indicated?
Why joke vote? It will stand as long as nothing else happens. It's not like Ace1312 feels totally threatened. At this time Bourneq will burn. Or even BloodyDwarf who a few people have on their list for certain acceptable reasons.
plotspot
Profile Joined October 2014
800 Posts
April 10 2015 00:43 GMT
#340
So If I say I like the people I like to win regardless whether they are mafia or town, what would you guys be able to read?
plotspot
Profile Joined October 2014
800 Posts
April 10 2015 12:00 GMT
#483
Guys I'm at work, tonight when I have time I will try to detail out whats needed. Still concerning Onegu, before it crosses to real life, I said he was PLAYING LIKE a fucktard (for the couple of first posts that I saw at that moment), not that he is one. And he knows it. Judging by his tone he isn't offended.
plotspot
Profile Joined October 2014
800 Posts
April 10 2015 22:43 GMT
#639
On April 10 2015 15:09 jarjarbinks wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2015 08:41 plotspot wrote:
prplhz is 100% town. I can smell it.^^


Plot, can you explain why you think this? I'm assuming you didn't actually 100% believe it, but you just think he's town.

Also, what do you think of dwarf and onegu so far?


whoa a post from the past.^^ How should I answer this. There is a world of mind. A world of speech and a world of action. I certainly said prplhz is town, I think his early initiative and throrough way of examination befits that of a townsperson caring for the town.

about Dwarf I don't know, looks like a victim so far. Onegu? 70% town. I think the host screwed up. Everybody is town^^. Or he is lazy giving out the roles according to the order on the front page.^^ This should be easy. Man don't read anything from this, I just enjoy the game ok?^^ I mean I observe, this game it really helps to know the posting style or habit or a person. I really cringe at some conclusion about me, you are all paranoid.^^

Ok, I don't have the super reading powers. I just know that Half the Sky and Soren thinks 100% that I'm town. Make of it what you can.

On April 10 2015 23:00 Half the Sky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2015 21:00 plotspot wrote:
Guys I'm at work, tonight when I have time I will try to detail out whats needed. Still concerning Onegu, before it crosses to real life, I said he was PLAYING LIKE a fucktard (for the couple of first posts that I saw at that moment), not that he is one. And he knows it. Judging by his tone he isn't offended.


How is perceived poor play alignment indicative? IIRC you were scumreading or calling out scum behaviour based on him "playing like a fucktard?" Especially in a newbie game - yes I know Onegu is not a noob but the point still stands - how are you distinguishing between poor play and scum play?


Wait. I didn't call him scum. I think you are awfully suspicious for talking like you know I'm 100% town. That's my original quote

On April 10 2015 08:12 plotspot wrote:
I'm considering changing my vote to Onegu. He's playing like a fucktard. But of course I'm still not sure whether it's his strategy or him inadvertently not "getting" some of the things.


I only said I considered switching my vote, because he made 2 strange mistakes, like wanting a voting thread or saying I didn't explain myself to prplhz when easy checking could have confirmed I did. It was very early in the game, but why am I explaining things, isn't the uncertainty what he is obvious in the quote?


plotspot
Profile Joined October 2014
800 Posts
April 11 2015 00:10 GMT
#663
On April 11 2015 08:57 Half the Sky wrote:
I also don't like how plot said that TBD was a victim. When two posts prior, he says this.

Show nested quote +
On April 10 2015 09:34 plotspot wrote:
Why joke vote? It will stand as long as nothing else happens. It's not like Ace1312 feels totally threatened. At this time Bourneq will burn. Or even BloodyDwarf who a few people have on their list for certain acceptable reasons.


It's a bit contradictory in logic.


I think the word "acceptable" is the bad boy here right? I should have written "acceptable for them, in their kind of logic, to which I can agree to a certain degree, but not nailingly sure for me". I think Dwarf is a victim because, he has to justify himself and looks helpless, but that's also because he hasn't post alot right?
plotspot
Profile Joined October 2014
800 Posts
April 11 2015 00:14 GMT
#665
Oh yea, please explain what you guys mean by nulling someone. No read?
plotspot
Profile Joined October 2014
800 Posts
April 11 2015 11:03 GMT
#742
On April 11 2015 19:18 prplhz wrote:
because i don't think he's showing that townie paranoia.


Is it talking about me? I don't think being defensive helps. What it does is raising suspicions from townsfolk who are already set in their tunnel vision anyway and the mafia having a jolly time seeing someone freak out. You guys do what you must. The game is not lost on just some guy being burned.^^
plotspot
Profile Joined October 2014
800 Posts
April 11 2015 13:07 GMT
#773
On April 11 2015 21:50 Bourneq wrote:
Good mornign gents and ladies!


I think we hit the nail on the head with plotspot in the recent pages. My personal reasoning behind scum reading plotspot is mainly from theese quotes
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2015 08:41 plotspot wrote:
prplhz is 100% town. I can smell it.^^


I hate this post
+ Show Spoiler +
On April 11 2015 07:43 plotspot wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2015 15:09 jarjarbinks wrote:
On April 10 2015 08:41 plotspot wrote:
prplhz is 100% town. I can smell it.^^


Plot, can you explain why you think this? I'm assuming you didn't actually 100% believe it, but you just think he's town.

Also, what do you think of dwarf and onegu so far?


whoa a post from the past.^^ How should I answer this. There is a world of mind. A world of speech and a world of action. I certainly said prplhz is town, I think his early initiative and throrough way of examination befits that of a townsperson caring for the town.

about Dwarf I don't know, looks like a victim so far. Onegu? 70% town. I think the host screwed up. Everybody is town^^. Or he is lazy giving out the roles according to the order on the front page.^^ This should be easy. Man don't read anything from this, I just enjoy the game ok?^^ I mean I observe, this game it really helps to know the posting style or habit or a person. I really cringe at some conclusion about me, you are all paranoid.^^

Ok, I don't have the super reading powers. I just know that Half the Sky and Soren thinks 100% that I'm town. Make of it what you can.

Show nested quote +
On April 10 2015 23:00 Half the Sky wrote:
On April 10 2015 21:00 plotspot wrote:
Guys I'm at work, tonight when I have time I will try to detail out whats needed. Still concerning Onegu, before it crosses to real life, I said he was PLAYING LIKE a fucktard (for the couple of first posts that I saw at that moment), not that he is one. And he knows it. Judging by his tone he isn't offended.


How is perceived poor play alignment indicative? IIRC you were scumreading or calling out scum behaviour based on him "playing like a fucktard?" Especially in a newbie game - yes I know Onegu is not a noob but the point still stands - how are you distinguishing between poor play and scum play?


Wait. I didn't call him scum. I think you are awfully suspicious for talking like you know I'm 100% town. That's my original quote

Show nested quote +
On April 10 2015 08:12 plotspot wrote:
I'm considering changing my vote to Onegu. He's playing like a fucktard. But of course I'm still not sure whether it's his strategy or him inadvertently not "getting" some of the things.


I only said I considered switching my vote, because he made 2 strange mistakes, like wanting a voting thread or saying I didn't explain myself to prplhz when easy checking could have confirmed I did. It was very early in the game, but why am I explaining things, isn't the uncertainty what he is obvious in the quote?




Mainly because of "Man don't read anything from this, I just enjoy the game ok?^^"
And "I think you are awfully suspicious for talking like you know I'm 100% town." when he himself said prplhz was 100% town really early on.
Not to meantion the 5 ^^, but I wont go into that.


TBD is making my scum radar beep and its driving me crazy. I would like to see the dwarf do anything, just anything to further towns agenda. Or at least theorycraft with us. But he has done noone of that what so ever. The recent points brought against him also look solid.


Now I will carefully examine prplhz and see if I have anything to bring to the table.


Yeah you hit the nail on that one. I guess that means we were not born for eachother. ^^ The funniest thing would be if you'd really be a mafia. I'd really like that. Useless townsfolk who confuses the fuck out of everyone or mafia, what does it matter who gets lynched?

I'm totally always rooting for mafia regardless of alignment. Go guys.^^
plotspot
Profile Joined October 2014
800 Posts
April 11 2015 13:29 GMT
#778
If it calms you down, no. I'm not calling you useless neither are you confusing me. I'm talking about it in general. If you can't hit the mafia then the first thing people hit are townsfolk who are confusing, who do not contribute to the resolvement. You just don't understand me, that's all and it's fine. Unless you are mafia and PLAYING the GAME^^. Right, buddy?

The mafia must really enjoy this game. I like it.
plotspot
Profile Joined October 2014
800 Posts
April 11 2015 13:34 GMT
#783
It's hilarious. You're hanging yourself on my smileys and my post that I called prplhz a townie. 100%. Even though you don't even understand half of my posts or know what I really think. UNLESS of course you're mafia and PLAYING the GAME^^.

And what does Soren has against me?? prplhz can vote me for sure. I like him.^^
plotspot
Profile Joined October 2014
800 Posts
April 11 2015 14:24 GMT
#788
Oh yeah why not. First of all people who are town and want to lynch me are overanalyzing my style of writing too much, since they have little experience with it. UNLESS you're mafia then you're of course playing the confused town, you're PLAYING the GAME. Congrats.

2nd I don't have any reads, as I think anyone is potentially suspicious and not at the same time. It's not certain enough for me to make any calls at the moment. Oh yeah is this suspicious? 50% of the people would think yes, 50% no. Yeah I'm calling the percentages.^^

Instead ask what other people think about you. From this thread I know that Half the Sky and Soren think I'm town. Many other people are unsure as to my aligment and a few people lean towards me as scum, but none are 100% sure I am scum.

On April 10 2015 07:58 Soren333 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 10 2015 06:43 plotspot wrote:
Ok, now that the roles are out for everyone. How are we going to drag the opponents out of the shadows? Haven't read any suspicious things or anything that gives away anything. Poking with words in the shadows will really help?


Town read as this newbie is trying to learn how to scum hunt.


He will probably tell you now that he changed his opinion, due to progressed "interaction". Half the Sky provided some reasoning as to why she doesn't necessarily know that I'm town. But I'm not convinced. Based on the following post she thinks I think Onegu might be scum, although the reason I make this spontaneous post is because he was a disruptive element to the game by not paying attention, it doesn't matter what alignment he was.

On April 10 2015 08:12 plotspot wrote:
I'm considering changing my vote to Onegu. He's playing like a fucktard. But of course I'm still not sure whether it's his strategy or him inadvertently not "getting" some of the things.


Well we have 11 other users here. Would you all agree that this post is 100% indicative of me implying Onegu is scum? If not than it's a conclusion only reached by Half the Sky, no matter how well-phrased her explanations are that it comes from the post and not from some hidden knowledge. Anyway, if Half the Sky is town, you have to protect her to the very end, otherwise eliminate her now.

plotspot
Profile Joined October 2014
800 Posts
April 11 2015 16:46 GMT
#815
Lol I'm found out, why don't you all vote me? Then you don't have to discuss anymore why to vote anyone else. This might spare distrust within town.^^ Top readers here. Obviously I've made it look too easy. Too bad.^^
plotspot
Profile Joined October 2014
800 Posts
April 11 2015 16:49 GMT
#817
The only one I'm leaning to town right now are jarjarbinks and Tubesock. No I'm not gonna explain why, don't ask.^^
plotspot
Profile Joined October 2014
800 Posts
April 11 2015 16:55 GMT
#821
Like I give away my partners.^^ I want scum to win remember? Why would I do that? Ok, since town should have a chance as well. I'm giving out 4 names, that's maximum 50%, be happy: Bourneq, Soren666, Half the Sky and prplhz. And don't ask, I won't explain.^^
plotspot
Profile Joined October 2014
800 Posts
April 11 2015 17:06 GMT
#824
What does he mean or what do you mean by baby seal? I have lots to catch up with some kind of terminology being used here.
plotspot
Profile Joined October 2014
800 Posts
April 11 2015 17:08 GMT
#825
And tunneling means you are on the right track, about do dig up the truth?
plotspot
Profile Joined October 2014
800 Posts
April 11 2015 17:13 GMT
#826
Never mind:
"Tunneling, or Tunnel-vision, is when a player is so convinced that another is Scum that they are unwilling to look at other cases or consider that they might be wrong. It becomes the only thing they post about, and every post the player makes is seen as inherently super scummy.

It happens way more often than you think. "

I like tunneling.^^ It's not as bad as this explanation makes it out to be.
plotspot
Profile Joined October 2014
800 Posts
April 11 2015 17:20 GMT
#829
So I am "lynchable today", but you don't necessarily think I'm scum? Hey townsfolk, he is suspicious.^^
How do I make people think 100% that I'm scum, still trying to work this out.^^

Defense is bad right? yeah I know. I've given up on it. But what did prplzh say? Defense is better than "rolling over". He is on the defense, definitely scummy.^^

plotspot
Profile Joined October 2014
800 Posts
April 11 2015 17:23 GMT
#832
No sir Bourneq, I've changed my mind, like almost everybody here.^^ Maybe you could read and understand my posts.^^
plotspot
Profile Joined October 2014
800 Posts
April 11 2015 17:29 GMT
#837
Ok it's not so important. ^^ means lie and no ^^ means truth. It's easy.
Prev 1 2 3 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
WardiTV Weekly
20:00
WardiTV Mondays #107
IntoTheiNu 1161
WardiTV540
OGKoka 151
Liquipedia
Afreeca Starleague
19:00
Ro4 Match 1
Afreeca ASL 12600
StarCastTV_EN342
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko362
OGKoka 151
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 14614
Bisu 5500
FanTaSy 4172
Shuttle 1770
Jaedong 1635
BeSt 1068
actioN 801
EffOrt 679
Horang2 513
Leta 269
[ Show more ]
Zeus 260
Larva 177
Mind 119
Barracks 116
Dewaltoss 105
Sexy 88
JYJ 87
Mong 76
sorry 59
scan(afreeca) 57
ToSsGirL 54
Sea.KH 50
Shinee 46
Killer 41
soO 41
sSak 34
Bale 34
Free 30
Aegong 20
HiyA 15
zelot 11
yabsab 10
Sacsri 9
Dota 2
Gorgc2703
Dendi665
XaKoH 392
Counter-Strike
x6flipin262
Other Games
singsing2461
olofmeister1277
B2W.Neo595
crisheroes295
Pyrionflax204
Livibee168
XBOCT161
dupreeh100
hiko7
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick556
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 211
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream31
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• LUISG 3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos1577
Other Games
• WagamamaTV169
Upcoming Events
Monday Night Weeklies
3h 53m
Replay Cast
10h 53m
Afreeca Starleague
21h 53m
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
22h 53m
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 11h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.