• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:11
CEST 14:11
KST 21:11
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War05.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202618Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] Sagi.gg Launcher Released ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11036 users

TL Mafia LXX: Guardians of the Galaxy - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
March 18 2015 15:18 GMT
#127
I might need to start offering some of you beer or something to fully tempt you all in.

Holyflare, Mocsta, Soren and whoever else....you know you want to
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
March 18 2015 15:19 GMT
#128
We'll be taking in additional signups until 1h prior to game start. Role PMs will go out at about 30m to go.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
March 18 2015 15:41 GMT
#141
On March 19 2015 00:34 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
I'm so going to regret this.


Why?
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
March 18 2015 15:46 GMT
#143
On March 19 2015 00:44 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
Big games suck


This won't be a 500 page Imperial.....it'll be fun! *dances with Artanis*
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-18 16:17:08
March 18 2015 16:16 GMT
#148
Wasn't Doctor Helvetica the one primarily responsible at the beginning with his (literally) 20 page D1 tunnel on another player though?

EDIT: I didn't check final filters though in that game, so....
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
March 18 2015 17:04 GMT
#155
I'm still looking to see if any player (in any game of his/her choice) will do what geript was trying to do for a few games - impose a self posting limit of 20 posts per day/10 per night, I think in the one student game he was trying to go as low as 10 day and 5 night which is insane in a mini.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
March 18 2015 17:38 GMT
#159
To be fair Rayn, it's not something I'd ever do to myself in any game, but apparently if others feel they want to do it to challenge/amuse themselves, there's really nothing stopping them provided they meet minimum posting requirements.

I forget the reason geript started trying to do it again in the first place, but my impression is that he's done it before, I think he wanted to see how low he could go, but I could be wrong on this.

The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-18 17:49:29
March 18 2015 17:45 GMT
#160
I actually like larger games as well, though I don't know if I could say I prefer them over minis. I'd say I like them equally so far.

Trfel, I'd say I approach the large games differently as a player mainly because there's way more to take in. I don't post quite as much or as conversationally because I spend way more time reading filters and comparing and only really post if I think there's something noteworthy or alternatively if someone else wants to have a conversation or ask questions whatever. I figure that if I can put enough quality in my posts or enough critical thinking, I can still get townread by a decent number of people for what I do have and people scumreading me for not posting as much (in of itself) generally won't faze me. (It happened in both Carol and JOAT and I wasn't scum in either game.)
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
March 18 2015 18:17 GMT
#167
Heisenberg....isn't that when you don't know where the molecules are at a given exact point of time and space or something like that? Don't think it has anything to do with human behaviour.

Rasputin, are you talking about classical conditioning or the Pavlov experiment? Or am I mixing that up with something else?
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
March 18 2015 18:23 GMT
#169
I just looked it up - it is the Hawthorne effect

The Hawthorne effect (also referred to as the observer effect) is a type of reactivity in which individuals improve an aspect of their behavior in response to their awareness of being observed.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawthorne_effect
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-18 18:32:44
March 18 2015 18:32 GMT
#175
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pygmalion_effect

The Pygmalion effect, or Rosenthal effect, is the phenomenon whereby the greater the expectation placed upon people, the better they perform.[1] The effect is named after the Greek myth of Pygmalion, a sculptor who fell in love with a statue he had carved.

A corollary of the Pygmalion effect is the golem effect, in which low expectations lead to a decrease in performance; both effects are forms of self-fulfilling prophecy. By the Pygmalion effect, people internalize their positive labels, and those with positive labels succeed accordingly. The idea behind the Pygmalion effect is that increasing the leader's expectation of the follower's performance will result in better follower performance. Within sociology, the effect is often cited with regard to education and social class.

Studies of the Pygmalion effect have been difficult to conduct. Results show a positive correlation between leader expectation and follower performance, but it is argued that the studies are done in an unnatural, manipulated setting. Scientists argue that the perceptions a leader has of a follower cause the Pygmalion effect. The leader's expectations are influenced by their perception of the situation or the followers themselves. Perception and expectation may possibly be found in a similar part in the brain.


*throws up her hands*

Sorry Rasputin, I know jack all about psychology except the basics (studied biochemistry at uni because I was a glutton for punishment).
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
March 18 2015 18:36 GMT
#180
Trfel, you are studying physics or mechanical engineering? I can't remember...I know JAT is studying chemistry but I could have sworn there was a physics student in this bunch.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
March 18 2015 18:37 GMT
#182
Nothing wrong with the pursuit of knowledge.

<3 Rasputin.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-18 19:00:26
March 18 2015 18:59 GMT
#192
Those of you clamouring for certain roles this game, I leave you with this quote from BH in Horn of Africa:

On February 04 2015 05:48 Blazinghand wrote:
Blessed be the RNG for I was blind, and now I see
that preference' hand's deeply unkind: it harms the soul and warps the mind.
Only my dice are normal, true, and force unbiased followthrough.
So when I chose my roles this day, in RNGesus' name I pray.

AMEN

The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-18 19:03:32
March 18 2015 19:02 GMT
#195
Bah I wanted an excuse to post that quip from BH <3

Especially after his thing in Titanic lol.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
March 18 2015 19:08 GMT
#197
Anyhow, I'm off to make a delicious truffle meringue cake. Hopefully I don't totally mess this up. I'll be back in a few hours.

The recipe:
http://www.nigella.com/recipes/view/chocolate-meringue-truffle-cake-122

In case anyone might want some

The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-18 21:05:07
March 18 2015 20:48 GMT
#215
Stoked for this to begin and I hope you all are too.

In about 1h15m I will be locking the roster to finalise a setup along with the kp for appropriate balance.

We currently stand at 19 players, but any final signups will be accepted until that final hour prior to game start.

At that time, if anyone has any questions on the mechanics or doesn't understand something in the rules, it's your last chance to ask and clarify any questions you might have in thread. Once the game starts, you must direct any questions to us privately.

At 30 mins prior, there will be thread silence as we disseminate role PMs.
In the event of a replacement, anyone whom should replace in will receive a copy of the appropriate role PM.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
March 18 2015 21:05 GMT
#218
Edited that one for clarity. I think that arose from a misunderstanding in Void which is why I specified.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
Last Edited: 2015-03-18 21:20:12
March 18 2015 21:16 GMT
#221
Also another thing to keep in mind, we're taking the same approach as Artanis has done in JOAT with posting after the deadline. Please mind the deadline.

As stated in the OP, but I want to reiterate so everyone is fully aware, posting after the deadline and before the flip will result in a modkill.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
March 18 2015 21:20 GMT
#225
On March 19 2015 06:18 Damdred wrote:
May we pray to the rng gods and follow that? XD


Exactly why I posted BH's prayer to the RNG gods. For those of you that need or want it.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko281
LamboSC2 248
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 24732
Calm 5990
Rain 1977
Bisu 1278
FanTaSy 992
Horang2 509
Jaedong 490
Rush 349
BeSt 316
Soma 252
[ Show more ]
Stork 223
Zeus 199
Mini 177
Light 115
Larva 110
Free 108
Snow 93
ZerO 90
Mong 88
Pusan 80
Barracks 77
Mind 73
910 69
Killer 46
Hyun 41
Sea.KH 38
ToSsGirL 36
NaDa 27
Shinee 26
Bale 24
Sexy 24
Hm[arnc] 20
Noble 15
sorry 15
Terrorterran 12
Aegong 10
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7145
Counter-Strike
fl0m2366
olofmeister940
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King61
Other Games
gofns32041
singsing1778
B2W.Neo619
dupreeh389
crisheroes284
hiko12
ZerO(Twitch)2
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 7
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix10
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Jankos2805
• Nemesis1974
Other Games
• WagamamaTV171
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 50m
Big Brain Bouts
21h 50m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 4h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 6h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 21h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.