• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:02
CEST 23:02
KST 06:02
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double1Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon105
StarCraft 2
General
Recent patches and the Future StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026?
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 5312 users

[M][N]The Void Mafia - Page 173

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 171 172 173 174 Next
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
February 03 2015 00:40 GMT
#3441
i'm just going to avoid all future postgames
Zerg for Life
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
February 03 2015 00:40 GMT
#3442
On February 03 2015 09:39 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2015 09:34 Damdred wrote:
The thing was though that only like two people scum read you at all for it and the two people who did didn't have much thread pull at the time and nobody listened anyway lol.

It was a really good game by you JAT

Thanks, but I somewhat disagree. I think this was clearly my worst scumgame so far. Town just played really badly and made it easy for me.


I do agree if you compare it to heavy weight or p2p that it is weaker but you still played really well and you influenced town to play poorly in that regard as well
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
February 03 2015 00:41 GMT
#3443
On February 03 2015 09:22 Damdred wrote:
JAT you were extremely angry this game whenever someone called you mafia, like to the extreme past what you normally would do as town. I think it was really annoying and it made you mafia to me but nobody trusted me lol, kel tunneled me into the ground for bad reasons and it is what it is.

Show nested quote +
On February 03 2015 08:27 sicklucker wrote:
On February 03 2015 08:10 Damdred wrote:
I've come to the conclusion SL is really really obvious mafia and just hopes town tears itself a part before it comes to him XD. Either way mafia played relatively well throughout the game, JAT was pretty obvious mafia just because how BM and how horrible he was to talk with at times


If you really think this im glad. I won without any effort Im gonna go nuts on you in the future!


JAT legit carried you from d2 to end game, he pushed all of the lynches through or showed enough wariness on town lynches to get some cred from it. You played a decent scum game but it wasn't earth shattering *shrug*



Town carried me. So I afked if you honestly think this was me trying your in for a shocker. Like my game feel off because I wanted it too. This game was auto from like day 3
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 03 2015 00:41 GMT
#3444
The worst part about the game was how activity completely nosedived after Koshi died on N2. Vayne was confirmed town but didn't really do anything with it and only Kelsier really tried to dig at that point.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
February 03 2015 00:42 GMT
#3445
On February 03 2015 09:40 KelsierSC wrote:
i'm just going to avoid all future postgames


No don't do that Kel.

Overall you playing pretty well I just think that you gave into the tunnel and you weren't really willing to reconsider up to a point. I think that was your biggest flaw and read way to much into activity, but town wasn't helping you
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
February 03 2015 00:43 GMT
#3446
My mafia goal. Get confirmed town then afk so I can do the minimum so I can win future scum games
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
February 03 2015 00:44 GMT
#3447
On February 03 2015 09:41 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
The worst part about the game was how activity completely nosedived after Koshi died on N2. Vayne was confirmed town but didn't really do anything with it and only Kelsier really tried to dig at that point.

That's when you know that you chose the correct nightkills.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 03 2015 00:44 GMT
#3448
On February 03 2015 09:43 sicklucker wrote:
My mafia goal. Get confirmed town then afk so I can do the minimum so I can win future scum games

I know you're probably kidding but you should always try your hardest regardless of alignment.

Unless you roleplay as Chezinu, then everything is forgiven.
sicklucker
Profile Blog Joined July 2011
Canada16987 Posts
February 03 2015 00:46 GMT
#3449
im not. Why show all your ability's when you dont have to? Its stupid. If I went all out people will correctly read me in the futute
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
February 03 2015 00:47 GMT
#3450
That's why you evolve your mafia game as you go silly goose
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
February 03 2015 00:47 GMT
#3451
I was too tunneled on you damdred I know that now.

I mean I haven't played that many games and to me JAT was one of the few people in the game who was actively doing things and that made it hard to scum read him,
I remember saying that his resistance to the HTS lynch eod1 was bad to me but I might be biased because no one else was saying a damn thing.

I don't know, it is hard to reevaluate people partly because of confirmation biased but also because it looks bad to suddenly flip a read and although if you are town you shouldn't care about looking bad i still wanted to project towniness
Zerg for Life
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
February 03 2015 00:47 GMT
#3452
On February 03 2015 09:40 KelsierSC wrote:
i'm just going to avoid all future postgames

Hey, at least you were never even considered as a lynch and got nightkilled eventually. That's more than most townies in this game can say about themselves.
If you want constructive criticism read what I posted earlier. You need to be more paranoid about people that say smart things like marv in imperial or me in this game because saying smart things is not alignment indicative on its own. I struggled with this too when I was newer.
Artanis[Xp]
Profile Blog Joined December 2005
Netherlands12973 Posts
February 03 2015 00:49 GMT
#3453
On February 03 2015 09:46 sicklucker wrote:
im not. Why show all your ability's when you dont have to? Its stupid. If I went all out people will correctly read me in the futute

Because you have an obligation to try your hardest to win the game. Not getting lynched is only part of it, both town and mafia have agendas that reach further than that.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
February 03 2015 00:49 GMT
#3454
And late in the game you definitely need to reevaluate if your reads still make sense. In both games you stuck to your earlier reads too much.
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
February 03 2015 00:49 GMT
#3455
but my d4 was terrible, I was honestly so like drained and annoyed at the game when damdred flipped town that I just lazily decided oats must be mafia.
Zerg for Life
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
February 03 2015 00:50 GMT
#3456
On February 03 2015 09:49 KelsierSC wrote:
but my d4 was terrible, I was honestly so like drained and annoyed at the game when damdred flipped town that I just lazily decided oats must be mafia.

Drained and annoyed is exactly how I felt about this game since day1 btw.
KelsierSC
Profile Blog Joined March 2013
United Kingdom10443 Posts
February 03 2015 00:50 GMT
#3457
On February 03 2015 09:49 justanothertownie wrote:
And late in the game you definitely need to reevaluate if your reads still make sense. In both games you stuck to your earlier reads too much.


yeh I guess that's true. I just worry that it makes me easy pickings for scum if d4 or whatever I suddenly say, hey i think X is town now if I have been scum reading him for 3 days.
Zerg for Life
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
February 03 2015 00:51 GMT
#3458
This game was bad in a few things, the atmosphere was especially toxic as I said earlier kel and it really hurt good thread activity. And town itself really really shot itself in the foot on multiple occasions. I played really badly due to atmosphere and just not wanting to fight against the tunnel which is what I normally would of done.

But town just made it exceptionally hard, when the only people who are really pushing is mafia JAT theres a bigger problem in the thread. Koshi said a lot of good things but nobody was really taking them and checking them in filters or trying to push them. I said a couple of ok things, a lot of town just didn't give a damn and its not your fault kel.

You tried yoru best and need to balance paranoia and trusting I think.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
February 03 2015 00:52 GMT
#3459
On February 03 2015 09:50 KelsierSC wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 03 2015 09:49 justanothertownie wrote:
And late in the game you definitely need to reevaluate if your reads still make sense. In both games you stuck to your earlier reads too much.


yeh I guess that's true. I just worry that it makes me easy pickings for scum if d4 or whatever I suddenly say, hey i think X is town now if I have been scum reading him for 3 days.

Then stop this. Reevaluating is an inherently towny thing to do.
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
February 03 2015 00:52 GMT
#3460
Well along with that kel, you were one of the only people who pushed a flipped mafia the whole game. You were almost into lylo its super towny to go back and forth with reads and try to refigure the game out you have a ton of cred or should in this game.
Prev 1 171 172 173 174 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 58m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Nathanias 193
JuggernautJason107
Nina 104
StarCraft: Brood War
Shuttle 599
White-Ra 205
firebathero 81
910 41
NaDa 23
Counter-Strike
Fnx 795
Super Smash Bros
C9.Mang0175
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby10347
Liquid`Hasu1712
crisheroes1637
Trikslyr75
Other Games
summit1g6522
Liquid`RaSZi5890
Beastyqt784
shahzam466
B2W.Neo256
Pyrionflax166
KnowMe120
ArmadaUGS106
ToD104
ZombieGrub91
IndyStarCraft 69
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream363
Other Games
BasetradeTV220
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 44
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 43
• Eskiya23 21
• FirePhoenix7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV477
League of Legends
• TFBlade954
Other Games
• imaqtpie1020
• Shiphtur352
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 58m
Afreeca Starleague
12h 58m
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 2h
Kung Fu Cup
1d 13h
The PondCast
2 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
4 days
Online Event
4 days
FEL
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.