• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 22:29
CEST 04:29
KST 11:29
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War585.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8431 users

Student Mafia V - Page 33

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 128 Next
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 18 2015 19:46 GMT
#641
I'm not sure I'm down for a Damdred lynch after rereading his filter.

I think the main thing that had me itchy was the reaction test and eh...maybe that's a thing, I don't know.

Damdred, can you explain to me what made you think a GB lynch today was a maybe? Everything in your filter does seem to indicate that you're leaning town on him, so I can see why he has a bug up his ass about it.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
January 18 2015 19:53 GMT
#642
I've said it twice at least, he's boring before now and usually GB isn't boring.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 18 2015 19:57 GMT
#643
On January 19 2015 04:53 Damdred wrote:
I've said it twice at least, he's boring before now and usually GB isn't boring.


So...you townread him a bunch of times then suddenly decided he was boring. And maybe worth lynching. But didn't bother to mention that reason until questioned. Damdred, my BS meter. It is going off again.

Geript, please answer where you actually stand on Trfel. Once is a mistake. Twice is a pattern.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
January 18 2015 20:01 GMT
#644
On January 19 2015 04:53 Damdred wrote:
I've said it twice at least, he's boring before now and usually GB isn't boring.


That's mean

[image loading]
I'm adorable.
jarjarbinks
Profile Joined December 2014
569 Posts
January 18 2015 20:03 GMT
#645
OK read up and stuff.

Questions:

Geript: does GB usually contribute better than in this game? His filter isn't as high quality as yours but he definitely appears to be scumhunting IMO.

Damdred: Was the vote for GB reactionary? Or was it really because he was "boring"? Is boring enough to lynch him? Have you read DP's filter yet? He's already given the reaction you claimed to be looking for.

Rsoultin: What are your thoughts on LM now that he's posted some more?

Let me know if you have questions for me. I'll probably be on here for about 30 more minutes looking for things.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 18 2015 20:09 GMT
#646
On January 19 2015 04:57 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2015 04:53 Damdred wrote:
I've said it twice at least, he's boring before now and usually GB isn't boring.


So...you townread him a bunch of times then suddenly decided he was boring. And maybe worth lynching. But didn't bother to mention that reason until questioned. Damdred, my BS meter. It is going off again.

Geript, please answer where you actually stand on Trfel. Once is a mistake. Twice is a pattern.

I talked with DP and Damdred about it. i think with you about it too. Like there are things that make me think he'll flip mafia in his filter. There are also things that make me think he'll flip town in his filter. I don't think he's a bad lynch per se, I'm just personally not interested in lynching him because I think there are higher percentage flips.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 18 2015 20:09 GMT
#647
On January 19 2015 05:03 jarjarbinks wrote:
OK read up and stuff.

Questions:

Geript: does GB usually contribute better than in this game? His filter isn't as high quality as yours but he definitely appears to be scumhunting IMO.

Damdred: Was the vote for GB reactionary? Or was it really because he was "boring"? Is boring enough to lynch him? Have you read DP's filter yet? He's already given the reaction you claimed to be looking for.

Rsoultin: What are your thoughts on LM now that he's posted some more?

Let me know if you have questions for me. I'll probably be on here for about 30 more minutes looking for things.


^ What makes me think JJB is town. Dude, please explain your mislynches response when Breshke asked if scum couldn't try hard if they were competitive, too?

Pin in LM. Sometimes I will not state my thoughts aloud if I think that will cause someone to play differently than they otherwise would, especially when I'm still trying to get reads on certain players.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 18 2015 20:10 GMT
#648
On January 19 2015 05:03 jarjarbinks wrote:
OK read up and stuff.

Questions:

Geript: does GB usually contribute better than in this game? His filter isn't as high quality as yours but he definitely appears to be scumhunting IMO.

Damdred: Was the vote for GB reactionary? Or was it really because he was "boring"? Is boring enough to lynch him? Have you read DP's filter yet? He's already given the reaction you claimed to be looking for.

Rsoultin: What are your thoughts on LM now that he's posted some more?

Let me know if you have questions for me. I'll probably be on here for about 30 more minutes looking for things.

Usually someone brings up something interesting that I've missed about GB that I can read him town for. No one's really brought up anything that makes me think he'll flip town. There's nothing that I've found that makes me think he's town. Usually I find his contributions are a bit better or in the least more interesting/correct.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 18 2015 20:11 GMT
#649
On January 19 2015 05:09 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2015 05:03 jarjarbinks wrote:
OK read up and stuff.

Questions:

Geript: does GB usually contribute better than in this game? His filter isn't as high quality as yours but he definitely appears to be scumhunting IMO.

Damdred: Was the vote for GB reactionary? Or was it really because he was "boring"? Is boring enough to lynch him? Have you read DP's filter yet? He's already given the reaction you claimed to be looking for.

Rsoultin: What are your thoughts on LM now that he's posted some more?

Let me know if you have questions for me. I'll probably be on here for about 30 more minutes looking for things.


^ What makes me think JJB is town. Dude, please explain your mislynches response when Breshke asked if scum couldn't try hard if they were competitive, too?

Pin in LM. Sometimes I will not state my thoughts aloud if I think that will cause someone to play differently than they otherwise would, especially when I'm still trying to get reads on certain players.

Are you not actually reading the thread at all?
Damdred
Profile Joined July 2014
15669 Posts
January 18 2015 20:12 GMT
#650
I never put a vote on GB what are you talking about jarjar?

No I haven't read dps filter
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 18 2015 20:12 GMT
#651
On January 19 2015 05:09 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2015 04:57 rsoultin wrote:
On January 19 2015 04:53 Damdred wrote:
I've said it twice at least, he's boring before now and usually GB isn't boring.


So...you townread him a bunch of times then suddenly decided he was boring. And maybe worth lynching. But didn't bother to mention that reason until questioned. Damdred, my BS meter. It is going off again.

Geript, please answer where you actually stand on Trfel. Once is a mistake. Twice is a pattern.

I talked with DP and Damdred about it. i think with you about it too. Like there are things that make me think he'll flip mafia in his filter. There are also things that make me think he'll flip town in his filter. I don't think he's a bad lynch per se, I'm just personally not interested in lynching him because I think there are higher percentage flips.


So why is he the only one you're riding the fence on?

To clarify, I see you posting reservations about some of the other "good lynches" names in your list of 5, specifically LM and JarJar, but he is the only one I've seen making multiple lists in the same post. If you don't think he's a good lynch today he shouldn't be in the 5, right?
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
TheWarWaffle
Profile Joined November 2012
Canada115 Posts
January 18 2015 20:13 GMT
#652
##Unvote
##Vote: GlowingBear
I find nothing redeeming about GB. At least Trfel posts with reasoning.
Friends will help you move. Best friends will help you move the bodies.
rsoultin
Profile Blog Joined November 2014
Netherlands15308 Posts
January 18 2015 20:14 GMT
#653
On January 19 2015 05:11 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2015 05:09 rsoultin wrote:
On January 19 2015 05:03 jarjarbinks wrote:
OK read up and stuff.

Questions:

Geript: does GB usually contribute better than in this game? His filter isn't as high quality as yours but he definitely appears to be scumhunting IMO.

Damdred: Was the vote for GB reactionary? Or was it really because he was "boring"? Is boring enough to lynch him? Have you read DP's filter yet? He's already given the reaction you claimed to be looking for.

Rsoultin: What are your thoughts on LM now that he's posted some more?

Let me know if you have questions for me. I'll probably be on here for about 30 more minutes looking for things.


^ What makes me think JJB is town. Dude, please explain your mislynches response when Breshke asked if scum couldn't try hard if they were competitive, too?

Pin in LM. Sometimes I will not state my thoughts aloud if I think that will cause someone to play differently than they otherwise would, especially when I'm still trying to get reads on certain players.

Are you not actually reading the thread at all?


Do you think that post is in any way productive? If you've got a problem, state it clearly. Thank you.
"rsoultin: Mafia Suicide Inducer...you have unlimited shots because you are so god-damn relentless." - marvellosity (2015)
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 18 2015 20:14 GMT
#654
Also, the fact that GB thinks that I could even possibly be scum is rather amusing. Amusing in the generally mafia way.
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
January 18 2015 20:20 GMT
#655
On January 19 2015 05:14 geript wrote:
Also, the fact that GB thinks that I could even possibly be scum is rather amusing. Amusing in the generally mafia way.


Funny, I could say the same thing about you.
I'm adorable.
Breshke
Profile Joined July 2014
Australia3749 Posts
January 18 2015 20:23 GMT
#656
GB if damdred wadsnt an option who would you go for?
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
January 18 2015 20:26 GMT
#657
On January 19 2015 05:23 Breshke wrote:
GB if damdred wadsnt an option who would you go for?


Geript and, if not possible, is have to decide between you and the shining
I'm adorable.
jarjarbinks
Profile Joined December 2014
569 Posts
January 18 2015 20:27 GMT
#658
On January 19 2015 05:09 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2015 05:03 jarjarbinks wrote:
OK read up and stuff.

Questions:

Geript: does GB usually contribute better than in this game? His filter isn't as high quality as yours but he definitely appears to be scumhunting IMO.

Damdred: Was the vote for GB reactionary? Or was it really because he was "boring"? Is boring enough to lynch him? Have you read DP's filter yet? He's already given the reaction you claimed to be looking for.

Rsoultin: What are your thoughts on LM now that he's posted some more?

Let me know if you have questions for me. I'll probably be on here for about 30 more minutes looking for things.


^ What makes me think JJB is town. Dude, please explain your mislynches response when Breshke asked if scum couldn't try hard if they were competitive, too?

Pin in LM. Sometimes I will not state my thoughts aloud if I think that will cause someone to play differently than they otherwise would, especially when I'm still trying to get reads on certain players.


LOL. I was about to post a reply to that. I can't tell if LM didn't understand my reasoning or just wanted to "not understand it" to help his case.

Based on the number of players, if town mislynches 3 straight times town loses. Just like if we lynch mafia 3 straight times mafia loses. That is equal. As a member of either team, I would equally not want to be lynched.

That was my thought process. Lets look at day 1 mislynch vs lynching mafia. Mislynch would kill 2 people (1 day and 1 night unless there is a medic and medic is lucky enough to save the right vet/towny person). The number of people would be 8 to 3, causing a large spark in mafia's favor. IF mafia is lynched instead, the number is now 9 to 2. A large spark in towns favor. Those proportions also are a relatively equal deal in terms of influence IMO. If we mislynch day 1, town has to:
1: get a good enough read to garner enough votes to overrule 3 mafia votes.
2. get over losing one of their best players on our team
3. get over pressure of mislynching twice after being completely wrong on day 1

We are already at a disadvantage after cool getting modkilled.

For all of those reasons I would be equally despondent if I am lyched day 1 as either town or mafia. Hopefully that was less mumbo jumbo lolz
GlowingBear
Profile Joined May 2014
Brazil12446 Posts
January 18 2015 20:27 GMT
#659
I can't believe in a fucking wagon on day1
Fucking incredible
I'm adorable.
Breshke
Profile Joined July 2014
Australia3749 Posts
January 18 2015 20:28 GMT
#660
On January 19 2015 05:26 GlowingBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 19 2015 05:23 Breshke wrote:
GB if damdred wadsnt an option who would you go for?


Geript and, if not possible, is have to decide between you and the shining


Is me and the shining based of being two or the lurkier people or do you find us scummy?
Prev 1 31 32 33 34 35 128 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 31m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 191
NeuroSwarm 172
FoxeR 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 1842
Leta 966
Bale 76
League of Legends
Doublelift4164
Other Games
summit1g8800
JimRising 536
WinterStarcraft172
ViBE168
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick692
BasetradeTV166
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 105
• davetesta17
• Light_VIP 15
• Letter143
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Scarra1166
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
7h 31m
Patches Events
12h 31m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 31m
BSL Open Qualifier
16h 31m
OSC
20h 31m
OSC
1d 9h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.