• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:35
CEST 07:35
KST 14:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202613Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ BW General Discussion GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November]
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10149 users

Student Mafia V - Page 21

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 19 20 21 All
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 27 2015 22:55 GMT
#2462
Like the check on Trfel is less of an issue than the claim. Like you can stand to learn a lot about who is probably not mafia on who he pushes. Also, you weren't likely to be NK'd or lynched so you can stuff that one in your pocket. Plus you can just potentially just get him lynched on what he already said. Like, the only time to make an early claim on like that is when it's going to be a really tough lynch to push through, like HF, Marv, etc. That way you give people more time to evaluate the claim.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 27 2015 22:57 GMT
#2464
FWIW, I think there's a happy medium between being "lovey dovey" and "flaming the shit out of people." The latter shouldn't really be promoted imo, but I don't think that just calling someone shit, calling their reads shit, calling their pushes shit, etc. is over the line. When I host, generally my approach is to "pre-warn" like HtS sent to me. Something like, "I don't think this is over the line, but it's coming close. So watch yourself." I find that that strategy tends to work the best and I didn't have any problem with the pre-warning myself.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 27 2015 23:01 GMT
#2467
On January 28 2015 07:56 DarthPunk wrote:
Geript are you now never gonna trust me again

Nah. Might not townread you so early. But I mean there are a lot of warning signs I should've picked up on. Like you in effect blind trusting me on WW and Breshke but essentially ignoring better cases/points on Trfel/Shining. Like I should've picked up on the fact that you were hammering lynches on GB and LM while they were looking really towny. The Rsoultin push on D1 was pretty classic DP town though. I even noted in my first big post that I didn't know what to do with you. Plus, I really couldn't fathom you being on a scumteam that didn't CC anything on D2. Like, it makes sense because you couldn't CC and Shining wouldn't have lasted a day. But I couldn't really see you on a team with shining.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 27 2015 23:02 GMT
#2468
As funny as it is to say, I think that posting more really actually quite hurt my play this game. I think I'm going to head back towards wall of text posts.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 28 2015 00:24 GMT
#2472
On January 28 2015 08:56 Artanis[Xp] wrote:
I also like how Geript starts all of his sentences with "like,".

Only 90%
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 28 2015 01:38 GMT
#2484
No. Null means I don't have a reason to read them as anything. If I have reasons to call someone town and scum, I'll say I think they're scum but I don't think they're a good lynch because there's enough that the read could be wrong.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 28 2015 02:14 GMT
#2495
On January 28 2015 10:41 rsoultin wrote:
Well now I know, geript xP it seemed weird to me att.

Though frankly the weirdest thing to me was the DP/geript brofest...so couple that with a trfel scum and yeah -_- paranoia running rampant. I almost 100% know he's scum and you have him as the scum to not lynch. You can see where I'm going with this, right? lol

So. Like that literally doesn't matter. Not one bit. Like Trfel being mafia makes a bunch of people suspicious. Sometimes people are wrong. Being wrong doesn't mean you're mafia. It just makes you wrong. Like my two big posts should've made me obviously town. Like it's not that hard. You have to take things in perspective.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 28 2015 02:19 GMT
#2496
Like take my read on Shining in the newbie wrap up. His reads were terrible and didn't make sense. But most of his reasons for his reads were very good. Sometimes people have a bad read for good reasons. Like me calling DP town because of how towny he was in regards to you D1. But I glossed over other shit that I missed to have a bad read for a good reason.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
January 28 2015 17:28 GMT
#2519
I'd be down for a podcast
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
February 03 2015 21:39 GMT
#2542
It's pretty rambly and all over the place. So be warned. We'll do another one soonish on a different game. Maybe we can get BH to set it up because I'm tech stupid.
Prev 1 19 20 21 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
QMC Community Tournament 1
Liquipedia
OSC
07:15
Masters Cup #151 Group C
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 183
Nina 113
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 3727
Sharp 405
Mong 105
Dewaltoss 85
Icarus 10
Noble 10
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm191
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King216
Other Games
summit1g6952
WinterStarcraft592
C9.Mang0276
Sick139
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• practicex 38
• StrangeGG 25
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki23
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2256
League of Legends
• Lourlo1091
• Stunt374
Other Games
• Shiphtur467
Upcoming Events
OSC
17h 25m
Big Brain Bouts
1d 4h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 11h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 13h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.