• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:50
CEST 22:50
KST 05:50
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War325.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
We built a tool to spot smurfs at match start 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR?
Tourneys
ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Making an Online Broodwar Manager Game BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7835 users

Student Mafia IV (New/Newish Players Welcome) - Page 9

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
December 03 2014 21:58 GMT
#1814
What are the chances Oats is suspicious since he's discouraged us from voting Bats?
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
December 03 2014 22:08 GMT
#1821
Rasputin, give me a shout if you want me to change my vote.

##vote batsnacks
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
December 03 2014 22:20 GMT
#1828
GG Sicklucker. We won't let you down.

Bats, please. Mafia is a team game. You should know that as a vet
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
December 03 2014 22:29 GMT
#1833
On December 04 2014 07:28 batsnacks wrote:
I'm glad we agree but why are you voting me then?


Pardon me whilst I fix your broken sarcasm meter.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
December 03 2014 22:35 GMT
#1835
Calling an early night here.

Meatpudding: Leaving you a question for when you arrive, can I get some updated reads from you, please? Cheers.

Good night everyone, onwards to victory!
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
December 04 2014 13:04 GMT
#1930
Thought I asked Meat for the above as well....

Meat, yes, those were my thoughts.

Alright, so I'm back. So I read through Hopeless filter, saw the 1-2 posts on SL. SL was def town.

Caught up on this thread.
I've been uncomfortable with Bats gameplay all game. There's too much from him that indicates he's not town, and he's done almost nothing to establish credibility that he is. That's the approach I see. Why no one (Oats or) whoever is explaining why he's town is also pretty indicative and ironically as Meat said, we're not entirely agreeing on the approach to Hopeless. Even Meat asked this.

Rasputin pointed this out already but he said he didn't like how Oats sounded absolutely so sure about his argument.
It screams to me "Oats what on earth do you have to hide?"
The kicker to me is in the choices and what to do afterwards based on how everyone's playing.
Bats is the scummier to me regardless.

The lack of the cop makes me consider some of these scum guys knew they could get away with some of their arguments.
If Hopeless flips town, then I'm stuck between Bats and Oats. I'm not sure Meat is scum after reading LS posts.
If Hopeless is town, at that point, I'd vote Bats. A worst case scenario would result in LYLO and people not fully sure where to go next.

If we vote Bats, if Bats flips scum, we know what to do based on motive.
If Bats is town, that clears Oats and we know to go to Hopeless.

I am falling into the same boat here - it's all about credibility and I'm not buying into the manner that some are debating here.

Hopeless is suspicious for lurking this long but there's some motivation to keep the pressure off Bats, and that's the biggest issue for me.
The fact that Meat has also questioned it also confirms I'm not the only one puzzled by this or the way Oats is reacting.

I also do think Meat needs to give us some updates.

But yes those are my thoughts for now, unchanged since last night.

Also looking forward to Hopeless picking it up. Let's see what happens.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
December 04 2014 13:07 GMT
#1931
Oats, this really is how you play all the time? It seems weird. Just saying.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
December 04 2014 13:08 GMT
#1932
Meat: Your explanation for me is....?
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
December 04 2014 17:27 GMT
#1961
On December 05 2014 01:00 rsoultin wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 05 2014 00:50 batsnacks wrote:
HTS several people have explained why I'm town at every stage of the game. Why do you/rs keep saying there's no precedent for me being town?

You're either not reading or selectively reading.


Weird way to phrase it. What are you actually asking? As for several people explaining why...he's talking too much to be scum is kind of a laughable defense imo. Especially when none of the games I saw you in you were a complete non-entity. But then, I keep saying I don't trust meta, and everyone here still likes to try to shove it down my throat.

This obsession with how many pages is in someone's filter seems to be a pretty superficial way to go scum hunting. And a very easy one to get around.


Yea, this is the thing, both extremes are bad. Lurking is bad, but then excessive spam is actually a good way to muddle things up for the town, makes it harder to filter dive, and using sheer activity as a defence, I have no idea why you're doing this Bats.

Also people have explained why you're scum at every stage of the game. Aside from Rasputin, Trfel and Sicklucker were two others.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
December 04 2014 17:30 GMT
#1964
On December 04 2014 10:44 meatpudding wrote:
sl was for pushing hopeless today, he said it several times. Did he give any reason for it? Perhaps it was by the process of elimination by who he thought was town? If I remember correctly it was oats who suggested first to lynch hopeless.


Actually he was not, Meatpudding. Here are the relevant quotes:

On December 03 2014 11:39 sicklucker wrote:
I think that bats/ls being the two people to vote meat after me makes him a likely town. So we vote bats out next almost certainly. If he shows mafia we never vote out meat its too unlikely.


On December 03 2014 11:37 sicklucker wrote:
Bats and Hopeless1der are the most likely mafia team. Lynch them in that order

The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
December 05 2014 00:24 GMT
#1977
The problem with Meat is he doesn't like the case against bats. Also I don't think he like I voted for him though he didn't say that, but that's likely one of the triggers.

He clearly didn't read EoD D2, otherwise he wouldn't think I'm scum. So I just need to re-explain to him. My sentiments echo yours fully Rasputin.

Him thinking I am doesn't make me think he is. I told before I think LS filter helps his case.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
December 05 2014 12:13 GMT
#1995
He said by last night or Friday....something like that. He has today but it's cutting it close.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
December 05 2014 12:16 GMT
#1996
Yeah I'm weird. Oats, I think you'll need a better defence than that.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
December 05 2014 12:21 GMT
#1997
EBWOP - Not just for me, but for anyone. Anyways what is your basis for scumlisting Meat?
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
December 05 2014 16:08 GMT
#2000
Go for it. Looking forward to reading them. I don't agree with most here putting you as #1 candidate for lynch but you lurking this long has bothered me. Because you haven't been here to post, I cannot read you well. Simple as.

That is where I stand. I have been told by Oats that RL reasons are not valid.

Take that as you will. But that is my position on you. Let me know any questions you have.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
December 05 2014 17:38 GMT
#2004
Fair play then. I'll keep that in mind going for future games here if that's the standard.
Much appreciated on the reads, any guidance is great going forward.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
December 05 2014 18:47 GMT
#2006
You've voted Meat I think, we have our votes on Bats atm...breshke gets up barely before EoD.
EoD is 10pm here, I'll be around depending on what you all want to do. I won't seak for Rasutin but Meat isn't scum to me atm so it doesn't appear my vote is going anywhere.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
December 05 2014 18:54 GMT
#2007
Basically Hopeless my point here is, that it is possible to save you. Breshke's EoD is 8am and he's been up every EoD.
(Correct me if I'm wrong Rasputin.) I cannot speak for Breshke and cannot guarantee his action but I am just trying to say all isn't lost on your end.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
December 05 2014 19:49 GMT
#2010
Hopeless, what specifically stuck out to you about Bats/Meat?
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Half the Sky
Profile Joined May 2014
Germany9029 Posts
December 05 2014 21:03 GMT
#2015
Thank you for the detailed analysis. Now I don't feel so bad for not being able to follow or understand Meatpudding easily.
He is a new player but I cannot grasp where he's going or coming from with his posts. We tried to figure what I did to trigger him.

My biggest issue with him is a lack of defence for his end.

It's not fully indicative or definite but it makes sense.
The phoenix must burn to emerge. - Janet Fitch
Prev 1 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 2h 10m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
mouzHeroMarine 646
ProTech146
UpATreeSC 88
Nina 50
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 15734
910 68
soO 43
Dota 2
Gorgc7120
monkeys_forever97
canceldota70
League of Legends
Doublelift1394
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4182
Other Games
summit1g2234
fl0m1471
FrodaN837
olofmeister809
Liquid`Hasu332
C9.Mang0210
Livibee187
IndyStarCraft 99
Organizations
StarCraft 2
angryscii 15
[ Show 20 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 10
• poizon28 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• blackmanpl 47
• FirePhoenix13
• Michael_bg 6
• niya90s 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• masondota2870
• WagamamaTV347
Other Games
• imaqtpie1100
• Scarra711
• Shiphtur579
• tFFMrPink 13
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 10m
Big Brain Bouts
13h 10m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
20h 10m
BSL: Ladder Tournament
22h 10m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 13h
Patches Events
1d 18h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
BSL Open Qualifier
1d 22h
OSC
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
[ Show More ]
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.