• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:54
CEST 21:54
KST 04:54
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11604 users

Avogadro's Number Mini Mafia - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
October 14 2014 22:40 GMT
#1143
On October 15 2014 07:33 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2014 07:29 Chairman Ray wrote:
On October 15 2014 07:25 geript wrote:
Why does DP die? Like that's the real question.


DP was arguably the top town. He had the most influence on day 1, directing everyone to his preferred lynch, and most people were townreading him. Do you think it's possible he was killed because mafia wanted to get rid of the top town?

He wasn't the person I expected to flip. Maybe I kinda forgot about him. But with the flip and the cop claim, that's like awful play if GB is mafia. Like the right tactic is to not shoot into the prime claims ever. So why kill DP? I don't get why he's the kill over Rayn or VE assuming both are town.


Yeah I agree, if GB was mafia planning to fake claim, he should not have shot a prime at all.

I can't think of a situation where this makes sense from mafia playing the game perfectly. Somewhere along the lines they either acted sub-optimally, or they're doing it intentionally to seem town.
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
October 14 2014 22:42 GMT
#1144
I still think the best course of action is the lynch GB tomorrow if he doesn't die in the night. What does everyone think?
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
October 14 2014 22:47 GMT
#1146
So you think that GB fakeclaimed as town to pressure you?
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
October 14 2014 22:49 GMT
#1148
Hopeless is talking like GB is town, which concerns me.
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
October 14 2014 23:04 GMT
#1157
On October 15 2014 06:18 sqrtofneg1 wrote:
I kind of started it, and then had to do something for an hour, then came back to it. That's why half of it seems like it's written before the nightkill, and half of it after. Because it is.


The only part of the big long post that 'seemed' to be written before the nightkill was the two and a half lines on DP. Everything else applies equally before and after. That's not half. It would have been much less effort to remove those two and a half lines than to explain yourself. This reads to me like "Hey, I made a read on DP, which means I had no idea he was going to die!"

##Vote: sqrtofneg1
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
October 14 2014 23:11 GMT
#1161
On October 15 2014 08:08 Hopeless1der wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2014 08:04 Chairman Ray wrote:
On October 15 2014 06:18 sqrtofneg1 wrote:
I kind of started it, and then had to do something for an hour, then came back to it. That's why half of it seems like it's written before the nightkill, and half of it after. Because it is.


The only part of the big long post that 'seemed' to be written before the nightkill was the two and a half lines on DP. Everything else applies equally before and after. That's not half. It would have been much less effort to remove those two and a half lines than to explain yourself. This reads to me like "Hey, I made a read on DP, which means I had no idea he was going to die!"

##Vote: sqrtofneg1


Considering that you wouldn't have known he was going to (fake)claim cop, does GB playing setup speculation feel like a super townie "im figuring the game out" kind of thing to you? B/C that's the extent of sqrt's read of GB.


nope, it's completely null
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
October 14 2014 23:12 GMT
#1164
actually, I take back everything I said about needing to lynch GB tomorrow. There is a mafia roleblocker. We have to think about this a little bit more
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
October 14 2014 23:14 GMT
#1166
On October 15 2014 08:13 Hopeless1der wrote:
So...instead of checking into the pool of unknowns you check the towniest person in the thread? ......Man I'm trying real hard to remember you're suiciding if you're scum.


IMO, parity cop should check the towniest people
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
October 14 2014 23:16 GMT
#1168
pooooooop

I don't know. I'll probably need to hear Rayn's advice on this. He said before the deadline that we should lynch any claimers and I would like to learn why.

For now I think sqrt is the best lynch.
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
October 14 2014 23:18 GMT
#1169
On October 15 2014 08:16 Hopeless1der wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 15 2014 08:14 Chairman Ray wrote:
On October 15 2014 08:13 Hopeless1der wrote:
So...instead of checking into the pool of unknowns you check the towniest person in the thread? ......Man I'm trying real hard to remember you're suiciding if you're scum.


IMO, parity cop should check the towniest people

Not when you expect them to die. You're looking to confirm as many people as possible without relying on flips as parity cop.


Either way, since I would play parity cop checking the towniest person first and then unknowns later on, it stands to reason that other people might play that way too, regardless if it's optimal or not.
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
October 14 2014 23:22 GMT
#1173
anywho, I gotta get back to work or else ima get fired. I'll try to be on once rayn wakes up. Hopefully we can make some sense of this.
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
October 15 2014 06:52 GMT
#1292
What's the difference between this and "In case of ties, first come first lynch"
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
October 15 2014 21:33 GMT
#1412
nuuuuuuu
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
October 15 2014 21:44 GMT
#1414
I just really wanna lynch sqrt today

If I had to pick a mafia team, I'd say sqrt/geript/kush. That makes the most sense to me right now.
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
October 15 2014 21:54 GMT
#1416
A town not playing feels different than a mafia not playing. For town not playing, see sn0_man's filter. There's usually a sn0_man type town in every game and it's always the same behavior. Sqrt is more mafia not playing. An inactive mafia usually posts nothing but reads that lack attention to the game, and have no push or followup to them.
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
October 15 2014 22:13 GMT
#1418
I'm pretty null on GB. Either way, I don't want to lynch him because half the discussion on both day 1 and day 2 have been because of him.

As of right now, I only want to lynch sqrt. I'm probably not correct on my scumteam, and giving other people the option of which of my scumreads to lynch, it most certainly will end up being the town among them.
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
October 16 2014 01:07 GMT
#1421
Can we lunch sqrt first?
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
October 16 2014 20:37 GMT
#1500
Can we consolidate? I would not like to give mafia a choice of lynch here. I still prefer sqrt over geript.
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
October 16 2014 20:44 GMT
#1503
On October 17 2014 05:40 GlowingBear wrote:
Show nested quote +
On October 17 2014 05:37 Chairman Ray wrote:
Can we consolidate? I would not like to give mafia a choice of lynch here. I still prefer sqrt over geript.


There's is a possibility that both wagons are mafia CR. also, there are already 4 people on geript. I hardly believe they could make another wagon.


I think there is a very good chance that both of them are mafia given how little geript is resisting compared to fanfic mafia. Still, it's best to consolidate just in case.
Chairman Ray
Profile Blog Joined December 2009
United States11903 Posts
October 16 2014 20:45 GMT
#1504
Fine, let's go geript then

##Unvote
##Vote: geript
Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
Patches Events
00:00
Patch Clash S1 Special #1
RotterdaM1145
TKL 458
IndyStarCraft 279
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1145
TKL 458
IndyStarCraft 279
EmSc Tv 17
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 23095
Calm 2264
Shuttle 344
Mini 174
White-Ra 174
ZZZero.O 126
firebathero 75
scan(afreeca) 19
soO 14
Sacsri 7
Dota 2
Gorgc7765
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1723
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4180
Liquid`Hasu572
MindelVK19
Other Games
summit1g6612
Liquid`RaSZi2343
FrodaN1650
fl0m1562
olofmeister738
B2W.Neo721
crisheroes417
Beastyqt393
Livibee180
Pyrionflax161
Mew2King61
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick876
BasetradeTV220
StarCraft 2
angryscii 22
EmSc Tv 17
EmSc2Tv 17
[ Show 16 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hinosc 34
• Adnapsc2 17
• niya90s 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki47
• blackmanpl 7
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1439
• Shiphtur728
• WagamamaTV352
Upcoming Events
OSC
3h 6m
Replay Cast
3h 6m
OSC
16h 6m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 15h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.