• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:10
CEST 07:10
KST 14:10
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War595.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8425 users

Devil's Riddle Mafia - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 23 2014 22:34 GMT
#250
On September 24 2014 07:32 Chairman Ray wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 24 2014 07:31 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 24 2014 07:29 Chairman Ray wrote:
On September 24 2014 07:28 Hapahauli wrote:
On September 24 2014 07:26 Chairman Ray wrote:
Should neutrals claim?


Neutrals? You mean 3rd parties? Or VT roles?


3rd party

On September 24 2014 07:28 Chairman Ray wrote:
Since a neutral wins regardless if town or mafia wins, is there any point to keeping them a secret?


I certainly wouldn't mind claims, but I don't know what incentive 3rd parties would have to claim.


Town doesn't want to lynch 3rd party, mafia doesn't want to kill third party, because it goes against both their win-cons. 3rd party just doesn't want to die. Everyone wins I think.


If a 3rd party wants to claim, they can claim. If not, then they won't. We can't force them to this early in the game.

Our efforts are better spent elsewhere methinks.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 23 2014 22:36 GMT
#252
Saw that coming.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 23 2014 22:41 GMT
#254
On September 24 2014 07:40 Grackaroni wrote:
I guess that narrows CR/VE out of the lynch pool for today.


Incorrect. We lynch who we think is mafia. Not who we find statistically likely to be town or mafia.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 23 2014 22:42 GMT
#255
##Vote Grakaroni

I am not a fan of how you so offhandedly dismissed VE from the lynch pool.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 23 2014 22:47 GMT
#258
On September 24 2014 07:47 Chairman Ray wrote:
Don't think there's anything I really need to do in this game, have fun guys!


Oh no nono. You will get lynched if you don't contribute. Can't let mafia fake-claim and get away with it after all.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 23 2014 22:59 GMT
#261
On September 24 2014 07:53 Grackaroni wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 24 2014 07:42 Hapahauli wrote:
##Vote Grakaroni

I am not a fan of how you so offhandedly dismissed VE from the lynch pool.

I can understand disagreeing with me but I don't quite understand why this is scummy? Are you implying that I was trying to protect a scum VE before he even posted?


Nah just throwing my vote around 'cause why not.

What you said makes sense. I disagree, but makes sense.

##Unvote

On September 24 2014 07:53 VayneAuthority wrote:
CR is basically a mafia medic why arent we lynching him again? there hasnt been an easier d1 lynch in ages. im fine with you correctly pointing out grack's weird dismissal of VE but not with your vote.


I'd much rather lynch mafia than a 3rd party. Also, how is he a mafia medic? If defender saves someone, they win with town, apparently regardless of the alignment of the saved person.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 23 2014 23:06 GMT
#264
Yes, he probably is. Why are we lynching him?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 23 2014 23:08 GMT
#266
On September 24 2014 08:07 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 24 2014 08:06 Hapahauli wrote:
Yes, he probably is. Why are we lynching him?


He is not town. Anyway talk it over chaps. I hope to have a lot to read when I get back.


Yes, but he's the defender - the only 3rd party that can't dick over the town.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 23 2014 23:36 GMT
#275
Did you read his role PM? If so, you should understand why your statement does not make sense.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 24 2014 02:22 GMT
#313
On September 24 2014 10:33 yamato77 wrote:
so uh

hapa is mafia

go


No.

*pout*
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 24 2014 02:26 GMT
#314
On September 24 2014 10:35 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 24 2014 10:33 yamato77 wrote:
so uh

hapa is mafia

go

I wanted to say this too but I call Hapa mafia like EVERY D1 I've ever played with him. But he REALLY didn't want people to think they can't lynch VE today, which really chaps my ass, because I really DO want people to think they can't lynch VE today.


Hey man, you make about 20 posts, I'll make a case on you, and it'll be all back to normal.

On September 24 2014 10:56 VisceraEyes wrote:
So while I AM partnered with Chairman Ray, I'm NOT sure what I think about the Defender claim. Statistically it's more likely that he's town/3p I guess, but does the Defender just claim like that? Like, if he's not intending to save anyone tonight then what's the point of claiming? Was it just because of Damdred (or whoever) asking the third parties to claim that caused him to claim?

Think of it from a win-condition perspective. If he's really the Defender then PRESENTLY his win-condition is to survive til endgame. If he makes a save then his win-con changes to a TOWN win condition, but from what I see it looks like PRESENTLY his win-condition is to just survive til end-game. Why wouldn't mafia kill him in the night then? If he's able to interfere with their kills, then there's literally no reason NOT to put a bullet on him REGARDLESS of the fact that he's claimed third party. How about if he actually DOES make a save?

MMMEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....I'm pretty sure I don't believe the claim. I'm not sure what I think this means with regard to his alignment, though I lean mafia. I'll give a definitive answer on that a little later (he's posted exactly once in the QT, so he at the very least knows where it's located.)

However it seems like he's claimed that he's done posting for the day. If that's the case then I'm all about lynching him.


CR's claim is legit. I'm annoyed that it is, but it is.

While Oats is correct that a 3rd party might not counter-claim here, it's still risky for mafia to do. It's hard to claim something like this really early since there is a risk you'll be CC'd. You just can't predict what that 3rd party player will do.

So the timing makes it believable in my book. A later claim... probably not.

On September 24 2014 10:46 Damdred wrote:
Wwhat do you guys think of vayne atm


Vayne is vayne. Slightly anal-retentive regarding CR, but that's normal for either alignment.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 24 2014 02:37 GMT
#315
I really don't like geript. Town points for the person who tells everyone why.

##Vote Geript
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 24 2014 02:40 GMT
#316
Howabout you Yamato.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 24 2014 02:42 GMT
#320
Hello MM - if you were to lynch one person who has posted so far, who would it be? The correct answer may or may not be geript.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 24 2014 02:44 GMT
#326
I'll tell you the answer after Yamato and/or MM decide to post. Although you are more than welcome to keep trying on geript or another potential scummer.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 24 2014 02:55 GMT
#337
@ MM

What do you make of CR's claim?

RE: Geript

Geript is mafia because his play is completely disjointed with the thread flow.
On September 24 2014 08:17 geript wrote:
Oh thank god. I'm not Vayne's partner. Unfortunately I got mystery meat so who knows how that will end up.

On September 24 2014 08:19 geript wrote:
I'm half tempted to flip CR to see if VE is confirmed town or not.

On September 24 2014 08:20 geript wrote:
Vayne seems like he cares about this game. That kinda makes me want to lynch him too.

On September 24 2014 09:13 geript wrote:
I'll claim 3P. That should give me a day to reach a 7 page filter :-P

On September 24 2014 09:24 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 24 2014 09:17 Damdred wrote:
What third party geript

It's a joke. I assumed anyone who played BH's game would get it. Apparently not.


Geript makes his entrance with these posts, and they completely ignore the current line of discussion. Literally everyone is talking about CR's claim, but geript chooses to ignore this. It would be OK if these posts were useful or provided something informative, but they are largely 1-lined throwaway comments ( and 1 terrible joke) that "act confident" but don't say anything of value.

Then the next time he returns:
On September 24 2014 10:33 geript wrote:
CR-VE
Hapa-Abuse
Vayne--DP
Grack--Kush but Kush isn't on the sign up
Geript--MysteryMeat
Oats--Damdred

So here's where we're at.


He posts this, which is so typical of someone trying to appear useful without actually being so. In his filter he still has yet to even touch the CR stuff, which is an event that everyone else so far immediately locked onto and provided input.

So basically, geript's play so far has been making throw-away "confident" posts that add nothing to discussion while ignoring the current flow of discussion - a mentality I associate with an early-game mafia trying too hard to fit in.

Lastly, as a result of my provocations:
On September 24 2014 11:45 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 24 2014 11:44 Hapahauli wrote:
I'll tell you the answer after Yamato and/or MM decide to post. Although you are more than welcome to keep trying on geript or another potential scummer.

No sir. You are not going to call me scum Hapa. If you even think it one more time I will lynch the fuck out of you.


This "come at me bro" post is just the worst.

And this is not a bullshit Day 1 read - I'm actually pretty confident about this one.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 24 2014 03:11 GMT
#343
These town-points are getting cold people.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 24 2014 03:33 GMT
#347
That too.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 24 2014 03:44 GMT
#349
On September 24 2014 12:44 yamato77 wrote:
I don't see much I would deem particularly interesting in that filter, Hapa.


Exactly.
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Hapahauli
Profile Joined May 2009
United States9305 Posts
September 24 2014 03:51 GMT
#355
On September 24 2014 12:50 DarthPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 24 2014 12:47 yamato77 wrote:
I didn't think Hapa was mafia

I just said something to get a reaction from people

It was a boring moment in the thread.


And do you think Hapa knew that? Is there some obvious reason for not questioning you on that throw away read?

Cause if you called ME mafia I would be all up in your grill about why, especially if you provided zero reasoning, and I think Town!Hapa would want to know your thought process also, rather than just ignoring it which is essentially what he did.

What do you think of my hapa post?


Of course I knew that.

Do you think I"m the densest player in the world?
a talking rock that sprouts among the waves woosh
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 7 8 9 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 4h 50m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
FoxeR 79
StarCraft: Brood War
Rain 4495
Leta 1567
Bale 59
Shine 32
ZergMaN 10
Icarus 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm270
League of Legends
JimRising 651
Other Games
summit1g9026
WinterStarcraft593
Sick117
Mew2King28
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick495
BasetradeTV162
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• davetesta22
• Letter1413
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2102
League of Legends
• Lourlo1047
• Rush566
Other Games
• Shiphtur322
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4h 50m
Patches Events
9h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 50m
BSL Open Qualifier
13h 50m
OSC
17h 50m
OSC
1d 6h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.