• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:06
CEST 18:06
KST 01:06
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Sagi.gg Launcher Released SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7141 users

Season of the Witch Mafia - Page 3

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 04 2014 07:08 GMT
#278
On September 04 2014 14:50 ritoky wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 14:42 slOosh wrote:
On September 04 2014 14:37 ritoky wrote:
On September 04 2014 14:30 slOosh wrote:
On September 04 2014 14:28 ritoky wrote:
On September 04 2014 14:24 slOosh wrote:
Some people find it really easy to ease into games while others build into it. Both as town and as scum. Furthermore it's a themed setup where everyone has a role, so maybe "playing like blue" is kicking in. My point is that shutting down things so early in a 72 hour Day 1 doesn't really help us since you don't know if you just shut down scum or town. All you know is you shut them down.

I'm actually inclined to think gobbleygook and sylencia more townish for their setup discussions.


agree with gobble, not sylencia.

Cool. Could you elaborate on the difference you perceive? Because I'm of the opinion their approaches to it are similar.


didn't i just say the difference in my previous post? like literally the post before this? (actually 2 i think)

Oh ... I guess I misunderstood. I think the setup discussion is townish, and I'm reading gobbleygook and sylencia town for their setup discussion. Not null, but town. It looks like they want to figure out what's best for town with regards to how we apply blue actions. I'm not bothered by the lack of substantive reads at this point, since the day just started. On that note, they are trying to get something in thread going instead of just sitting back and waiting.

Do you read the setup talk null? If so, what about gobbleygook do you read town?


i think talking about "optimal play" and the setup is an easy thing to do as either alignment and appear to be contributing. i also don't really think it yields much alignment indicative information unless someone is quite obviously intentionally feeding a bad line of play to everyone else. something which i would like to believe almost everyone who plays on these forums would be smart enough not to do as mafia. but i have seen and done a lot of stupid stuff so i guess nothing is outside of the realm of possibility.

i think syl is scummy right now because all he has talked about is setup, when challenged he got whiny and defensive, and he claimed to not have time and spent what he had in defense rather than actually trying to find scum in any way.

conversely, gobble faced basically the exact same challenges and just plodded on ahead. plus i liked his vehement stance against robik's suggestion to mass claim in angel thread. if he were mafia i don't think he would come out with that strong of a sentiment against it that quickly.


This is what I was talking about.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 04 2014 07:13 GMT
#280
I think you have a bad townread on him. Could be wrong about that but he's a good flip.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 04 2014 07:16 GMT
#281
Why is Rayn making me a sad panda? I wait this long and one lousy setup statement.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 04 2014 07:34 GMT
#283
So who do you want to lynch and why?
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 04 2014 18:00 GMT
#407
On September 05 2014 02:27 IAmRobik wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 05 2014 01:58 Damdred wrote:
On September 05 2014 01:46 IAmRobik wrote:
Damdred is in this game?


Fraid so, just got my new phone so I can post whenever I want now.

On September 05 2014 01:47 slOosh wrote:
Oh boy this is exciting, I was waiting for this. Hey Damdred. What are your three biggest thoughts right now?


One thing right now is that robik says he got a scum read on rayn, but doesn't want to talk about it to avoid pressure? What is that? If you think someone is scum you should press it and try to destroy the scum, its robik why is he scared of pressure? And not sure why if rayn is scum it would make him nervous of ger

From rereading filters so far and catching up I like gooble, asks some good questions and it seems to have some follow up.

And Koshi is not his normal self it feels like. I know he says hes tring a new non mass posting thing, but pregame he said he would be posting lots and a lot of his posts lack a ton of content and some of his reads lack some explanations. Asks a lot of questions without drawing conclusions once asked it seems.

There are 2 more mafia besides Rayn, if Rayn is mafia. Would rather focus on them because easier lynches and if I'm wrong on Rayn, I'd rather have Rayn around than useless people. As for why it makes me nervous of geript. Rayn has geript as his like 4th person on his list and me as his top -- not that it was in any particular order, but why would he vote for geript for grail over me?

Because he and I know each other well, and I'm quite obviously town. Like if you can't read that then go back to how to read people school. (PS I want your notes when you came back because I skipped a few days).
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 04 2014 18:04 GMT
#410
Still catchup up between rereading what I half read while I was half awake and catching filters. I don't foresee much change from where I was at last night when ritoky oh so rudely didn't give me his full set of reads back.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 04 2014 18:14 GMT
#414
On September 04 2014 20:39 Koshi wrote:
I think I am ok with the following people. Just based on their posts.
•Oatsmaster only because ritoky
•gobbledydook
•IAmRobik
•geript
•slOosh
•ritoky

I've been thinking about this, but can you explain the Oats, Gobbly and Robik reads.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 04 2014 18:16 GMT
#416
On September 05 2014 03:12 IAmRobik wrote:
Basically, I want you to call me town and push for me to get the grail. I al

Not going to happen. I think you're mafia but I think at least one of the reads on you or gobbly is wrong.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 04 2014 18:21 GMT
#417
On September 05 2014 03:13 IAmRobik wrote:
I also want you to give hard reads on people, because you've done a wee bit of questioning but you haven't really taken a position on people. You danced around the Gooble situation, asking people for their opinions -- indirectly calling him scum and then you called sloosh scum i think. maybe not sloosh. someone not memorable.

Not really true at all: Oats mafia, You mafia, Gobble Mafia, Harurh mafia. Ritoky town. Sloosh Town, Sylencia feels like town but that's the weekest. I'll add Koshi town. Rayn not sure yet I need to get as to why he's at where he's at on a few people.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 04 2014 18:49 GMT
#424
On September 05 2014 03:49 IAmRobik wrote:
Where is everyone?

They got tired of your barking.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 04 2014 19:26 GMT
#435
How does that make Robik town though?
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 04 2014 19:38 GMT
#440
Perhaps one day you'll reach god tier Robik. Until then you can keep on wondering why my reads are so much better.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 04 2014 19:48 GMT
#448
If you are somehow town I don't care. I've seen you as town idk like twice. A healthy distrust of you doesn't mean I have to have a healthy distrust of everyone. Besides anyone could read me correctly with a little training. You have somehow managed to read me incorrectly. Of the two of us, I'm far easier to read. So even if you are town, your read on me is significantly worse than my read on you.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 04 2014 19:58 GMT
#452
You're wasting what little time is left for me today but here are you answers Robik:
Why did I townread Koshi? Because I think he's town. It's an attitude thing and Koshi has it.
Why didn't I townread Rayn? Because nothing he's posted he is incapable of posting as mafia. Nothing he's posted is obviously town Rayn.
Why I asked Koshi about his townreads? Because Koshi generally has far better townreads than I do.
Why I didn't ask Rayn about his townreads? Because my townreads are generally much better than his; I'm more concerned with who and why he scumreads people.
Why haven't I pursued Robik heavily when I think he's mafia? Because both Koshi and Rayn have him as town and quite frankly, I don't want to have to scream over a complete bobblehead to get him lynched. That's just not fun. Plus I could be wrong. I'd just rather find someone who I'm more confident on and/or isn't going to be a complete hornboggler regardless of alignment.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 04 2014 20:16 GMT
#457
I'm done with you Robik. If you're town please reattach your head to your body, I'm tired of hearing you fart.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 04 2014 20:55 GMT
#466
On September 04 2014 22:52 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Robert is town.
geript is town.
Koshi is likely town.
yamato town.
Oats is town (no Robert you are wrong).
Sloosh town.

Sylencia mafia.

ritoky town.

Bitches cannot read scum QT unless Palmar changed the original rules which would be dumb.

I'll retract from my Sloosh read.
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 14:24 slOosh wrote:
Some people find it really easy to ease into games while others build into it. Both as town and as scum. Furthermore it's a themed setup where everyone has a role, so maybe "playing like blue" is kicking in. My point is that shutting down things so early in a 72 hour Day 1 doesn't really help us since you don't know if you just shut down scum or town. All you know is you shut them down.

I'm actually inclined to think gobbleygook and sylencia more townish for their setup discussions.

Explain the bolded. They gave bad advice and/or didn't read the setup and certainly didn't help finding mafia.
Also explain how setup discussion is townish? If there was a way to break the setup this setup would not exist. You can't gain anything if you discuss the setup before D3.

I am not surprised geript's reads are the opposite of mine....

##DeadlineVote: Sylencia
##Vote for bearer of the Holy Grail: geript


Think you missed this Hapa
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 04 2014 20:57 GMT
#467
Might as well:
##Deadline vote:Gobbeldygook
##Grailvote: geript
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 04 2014 21:30 GMT
#472
On September 05 2014 06:17 slOosh wrote:
Show nested quote +
On September 04 2014 16:04 geript wrote:
On September 04 2014 15:55 ritoky wrote:
On September 04 2014 15:53 geript wrote:
I don't really have any solid townreads yet. It's really sad. Plus there's too many people on my too lynch list. Gun to my head Koshi; he's not as happy and fun as I usually think of him. But there's an odd towny air to him.


who, other than non-posters, is on your "too lynch list"?

Oats is like really not town oTsy to me. Ps I am the oats whisperer (sssshhhh don't tell Austin)
Gobbly I'm pretty solid on. He's really thread policy which he tends to be in his scum games. Plus he's not really paranoid and aggressive and analyzing things which is what I saw in his town games. But he's pretty new so I'm a little hesitant there.
Yamato for funsies. But seriously if he doesn't try to add something useful.
HaruRH I get a really weird vibe from. I haven't played with him much but I got the feels from him early on.
Robik. He's done a lot of things I've seen from his mafia play. He hasn't hard called me town yet. He's been schmoozing and generally unproductive (in an unproductive way instead of in a town Robik way).


Slowish I'm guessing is town. Sylencia might be too based on attitude. That's essentially where I'm at.

geript could you please elaborate here?

Also, Town Jesus best Jesus.
##Grail ritoky

Look at his past games. The two games where he's town he comes out really aggressive and calls people scum and stuff where when he's mafia he tends to play thread police and be less aggressive ala here's where I'm at and why. It's a pretty stark difference.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 04 2014 21:35 GMT
#473
Rayn can you explain the Sylencia thing. I didn't get it when I read the filter and you never really explained it.
geript
Profile Joined February 2013
10024 Posts
September 04 2014 22:00 GMT
#478
On September 05 2014 06:38 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
Rayn has geript as his like 4th person on his list and me as his top -- not that it was in any particular order, but why would he vote for geript for grail over me?

because i have my reasons which noone besides geript would never understand.

If you're not town, I'm really impressed with this answer. Rayn like 98% town.
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 15 16 17 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Patches Events
01:00
Patch Clash Monthly #2
RotterdaM330
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech150
SteadfastSC 131
Rex 42
UpATreeSC 21
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 33998
Calm 3430
Shuttle 2301
Jaedong 1732
Mini 635
Horang2 578
EffOrt 500
Soma 321
Rush 293
Stork 289
[ Show more ]
Soulkey 251
ZerO 219
Larva 217
BeSt 187
Snow 161
firebathero 116
Mong 100
Zeus 91
910 81
hero 79
Mind 71
sorry 44
Hyun 43
Free 37
Shinee 36
Sharp 35
Shine 30
ToSsGirL 28
Yoon 28
PianO 24
Killer 23
Aegong 21
JYJ 21
Bale 19
Terrorterran 18
Sexy 15
scan(afreeca) 14
Trap 14
Rock 12
HiyA 12
Sacsri 10
Hm[arnc] 10
Noble 4
Dota 2
Gorgc5800
Dendi1247
Counter-Strike
fl0m3855
x6flipin640
Fnx 78
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King110
ChuDatz31
Other Games
singsing2121
Liquid`RaSZi1292
B2W.Neo677
hiko666
dupreeh520
ceh9371
RotterdaM330
crisheroes323
Khaldor291
420jenkins222
Livibee196
TKL 173
QueenE111
Trikslyr93
Dewaltoss62
C9.Mang035
ZerO(Twitch)15
Beastyqt12
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV266
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream32
[ Show 14 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH296
• Hinosc 11
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 3857
• WagamamaTV432
League of Legends
• Nemesis2659
Other Games
• Shiphtur744
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
17h 54m
INu's Battles
18h 54m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
20h 54m
OSC
1d 6h
Replay Cast
1d 6h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.