• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:52
CEST 15:52
KST 22:52
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
[Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Fantasy returning?
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck? Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8004 users

Guilty Mini Mafia - Page 5

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
August 25 2014 05:25 GMT
#2123
I looked through damdred and I felt like he was townish for a lot of the same reasons you noticed. His aggressiveness is something worth noting as a town tell, as his scum game was far more meek.

Also RE: Hapa

Him being SK would make sense as who else would kill rayn?
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
August 25 2014 05:42 GMT
#2124
like seriously

if I'm mafia and Hapa is town I would leave rayn alive for years
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
August 25 2014 07:11 GMT
#2125
This is why I didn't post d1. I say stuff and no one is here to respond. Whatever.

Tomorrow will be a spotty day for me activity wise. I will have time before deadline to catch up hopefully. Later nerds.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
August 25 2014 13:11 GMT
#2140
I'm not at all convinced that VA is lying.

He is exactly the type of player to play this way.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
August 25 2014 14:12 GMT
#2145
I said VA looked bad before, but honestly he's capable of switching up his play as any alignment, so meta is unfortunately useless. He could be claiming the truth.

There's also a world where he's mafia JOAT, but I don't know how much I buy into that.

Masons + JK + JOAT isn't OP for town, especially given SK + upgraded GF. Perhaps we have other blues claim if there are any? Otherwise I'm inclined to not lynch VA.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
August 25 2014 14:28 GMT
#2148
If we want a "safe" lynch, I'd rather go for Onegu, but if any of you have balls, we should get a wagon rolling on Hapa.

##Vote: Hapahauli
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
August 25 2014 14:29 GMT
#2149
On August 25 2014 23:24 GlowingBear wrote:
I gave analysis on night 1 kills and my conclusion was that Kelsen is the SK, but it is useless to discuss who is the SK now. Easier to find mafia with the godfather flipped.

We are wasting our times trying to decide who is SK before deciding who is mafia

au contraire, killing the SK now is an amazingly good play. It gives town double the effective time to solve the game.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
August 25 2014 16:00 GMT
#2163
VA isn't the best town player of all time, Wave. His claim makes sense if you realize that he's playing the game as a solo player basically as a town aligned person. At least his action is consistent with his reads from the previous day.

Onegu is a much better lynch than him IMO. He is likely mafia given his inactivity and his poor reads. He also doesn't seem to be making a return, so at worst we lynch the modkill and stall for time, something that is relatively precious in a 2KP/night world.

OR we could make DA BIG PLAYS and lynch Hapa. Like I said, this requires a pair, but it promises to be amazing.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
August 25 2014 18:52 GMT
#2227
On August 26 2014 02:13 turtlevine wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2014 02:12 WaveofShadow wrote:
On August 26 2014 02:11 turtlevine wrote:
So... I guess on TL people use "Scum" to mean "Mafia" rather than "anti-town". When I'm talking about mafia, I'll just say mafia or scumteam. When I'm talking about scum, I'll say scum. Why have the word if it means the same as mafia?

Because in the English language, different words can have similar or the same meaning. These words are called synonyms.
This has been today's English lesson with WaveofShadow


http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Scum

"Scum is a catch-all term for any member of an informed minority, such as Serial Killers and Mafia goons. During a day phase, everybody is seemingly trying to locate and eliminate these roles."

Also, SK isn't an informed minority. He knows only his alignment & powers. He's more like a townie in that sense, but obviously he's playing to his own win condition which is incompatible with town's so he's anti-town. Only in that way is he similar to mafia, and thus, could be categorized with them.

Mafiascum is not the place to learn about mafia.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
August 25 2014 18:53 GMT
#2228
On August 26 2014 03:45 Hapahauli wrote:
Anyway, as for Vayne, there's a pretty easy way to tell if he's town or mafia.

We have 2 masons and a Jailkeeper confirmed. Vayne is claiming JOAT. I think the likelyhood of there being another blue is pretty low. If another blue claims, Vayne is probably mafia.

Discuss.

I said this already.

0 points for Hapa
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
August 25 2014 19:02 GMT
#2237
On August 26 2014 03:58 Hapahauli wrote:
Why the hell would I address SK suspicions? It's paranoid nonsense, and I'm surprised that so many people are buying into it.

For those who think I"m SK, answer me this: what is the difference between SK and Town play on Day 1? Because the answer is "nothing." There's literally every incentive for an SK to play completely normally and simply scumhunt. Perhaps you could pick up on someone being a bit too "survivalist", but does my play look like I"ve been concerned with my survival at all? I'll let the Rayn case speak for itself.

I know I haven't played a game in a while, but it's like my town game has been deified to the point where I'm never going to live up to the unrealistic expectations that people set for me. And there being an SK in this game is apparently the perfect outlet for those expectations.

Well, to be fair, a good portion of the best material is the fact that rayn was shot, which both happened during N1 and is SK-exclusive.

And no, we just expect you to be more insightful than you are, which is not deification by any means.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
August 25 2014 19:04 GMT
#2239
On August 26 2014 03:56 Xatalos wrote:
Well I don't really mind lynching VA either, but it could be better to lynch Onegu today. At least there's a decent chance that VA is actually JOAT based on those host "clues".

Actually, the clues make his claim worse. Why would there be such obvious clues in the rules/late-posted role PM to verify his claim in a closed setup?
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
August 25 2014 19:11 GMT
#2243
The vote! I already talked about that too. You were scared of lynching me who was calling you 100% mafia and acting townish.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
August 25 2014 19:13 GMT
#2246
On August 26 2014 04:10 Hapahauli wrote:
Like honestly, if I was SK, I would probably kill off the entire mafia team as fast as I could and let town WIFOM itself down to oblivion trying to find me with a perfect town alibi.

Such WIFOM, many lies. Why wouldn't you just kill people dangerous to your survival like rayn?

Honestly, who else would kill rayn?
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
August 25 2014 19:14 GMT
#2248
On August 26 2014 04:12 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2014 04:11 yamato77 wrote:
The vote! I already talked about that too. You were scared of lynching me who was calling you 100% mafia and acting townish.


So instead of getting rid of someone who was suspicious of me, I switched my votes 4 minutes before the deadline to lynch mafia.

Like. Really?

If I flip town and am calling you mafia with my last breath it looks bad.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
August 25 2014 19:17 GMT
#2251
On August 26 2014 04:16 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2014 04:13 yamato77 wrote:
On August 26 2014 04:10 Hapahauli wrote:
Like honestly, if I was SK, I would probably kill off the entire mafia team as fast as I could and let town WIFOM itself down to oblivion trying to find me with a perfect town alibi.

Such WIFOM, many lies. Why wouldn't you just kill people dangerous to your survival like rayn?

Honestly, who else would kill rayn?


He claimed cop. I'd assume a lot of people would justify killing him over that.

I don't think anyone took that seriously unless they were paranoid of rayn checking them, and who fits that bill?
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
August 25 2014 19:19 GMT
#2254
On August 26 2014 04:16 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2014 04:14 yamato77 wrote:
On August 26 2014 04:12 Hapahauli wrote:
On August 26 2014 04:11 yamato77 wrote:
The vote! I already talked about that too. You were scared of lynching me who was calling you 100% mafia and acting townish.


So instead of getting rid of someone who was suspicious of me, I switched my votes 4 minutes before the deadline to lynch mafia.

Like. Really?

If I flip town and am calling you mafia with my last breath it looks bad.


Doubt it. Do people tend to listen to you after you get lynched in your other games?

Why would you switch if not for that reason? Surely your read on Robik wasn't strong, was it? Or were you just trying to blend in?
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
August 25 2014 19:20 GMT
#2255
On August 26 2014 04:18 Hapahauli wrote:
This is honestly the most retarded discussion I've had in this game. And I"ve argued with JAT on Day 1.

Why are we running like idiots around paranoia of the SK when it's likely we wont have information to lynch SK until later? At a certain point, the SK's motivation changes from pro-town to pro-SK, and that's how you catch him.

We need to find mafia in the mean-time, and this discussion is literally the exact opposite of finding mafia.

Finding SK D2 is both possible and a good play. We know who he shot and if we kill him we halve anti - town KP.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
August 25 2014 19:21 GMT
#2259
On August 26 2014 04:19 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2014 04:17 yamato77 wrote:
On August 26 2014 04:16 Hapahauli wrote:
On August 26 2014 04:13 yamato77 wrote:
On August 26 2014 04:10 Hapahauli wrote:
Like honestly, if I was SK, I would probably kill off the entire mafia team as fast as I could and let town WIFOM itself down to oblivion trying to find me with a perfect town alibi.

Such WIFOM, many lies. Why wouldn't you just kill people dangerous to your survival like rayn?

Honestly, who else would kill rayn?


He claimed cop. I'd assume a lot of people would justify killing him over that.

I don't think anyone took that seriously unless they were paranoid of rayn checking them, and who fits that bill?


I've played a lot of games with Rayn. Do you think I'd be paranoid of Rayn checking me? Or even believe that he was cop?

You would be if you were SK.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
August 25 2014 19:22 GMT
#2261
On August 26 2014 04:20 Hapahauli wrote:
Show nested quote +
On August 26 2014 04:20 yamato77 wrote:
On August 26 2014 04:18 Hapahauli wrote:
This is honestly the most retarded discussion I've had in this game. And I"ve argued with JAT on Day 1.

Why are we running like idiots around paranoia of the SK when it's likely we wont have information to lynch SK until later? At a certain point, the SK's motivation changes from pro-town to pro-SK, and that's how you catch him.

We need to find mafia in the mean-time, and this discussion is literally the exact opposite of finding mafia.

Finding SK D2 is both possible and a good play. We know who he shot and if we kill him we halve anti - town KP.


Ok you've gone off the NK WIFOM deep-end.

Yeah I'm done with this.

You think mafia killed rayn? Funniest joke yet.
Writer@WriterYamato
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Kung Fu Cup
20:00
Kung Fu Cup Weekly #26
IntoTheiNu 1088
RotterdaM575
SteadfastSC290
TKL 221
Rex125
CosmosSc2 35
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 575
SteadfastSC 290
TKL 215
Rex 120
CosmosSc2 35
Codebar 26
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 45081
Shuttle 2519
Jaedong 1117
Calm 1044
Horang2 810
Mini 624
actioN 544
EffOrt 530
Soulkey 479
Soma 360
[ Show more ]
Stork 301
Rush 294
Larva 282
BeSt 221
Snow 192
ZerO 171
firebathero 133
Mong 119
Zeus 106
Last 91
910 74
Mind 68
hero 67
Free 66
Hyun 58
Sharp 56
Yoon 46
PianO 39
Pusan 34
sorry 34
Shinee 32
JYJ 26
Bale 25
Shine 25
Hm[arnc] 24
ToSsGirL 22
Sexy 22
Aegong 21
HiyA 21
Terrorterran 18
scan(afreeca) 12
Rock 10
Sacsri 10
Noble 10
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc4998
Dendi1276
Counter-Strike
fl0m1783
Fnx 575
edward46
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King170
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes576
Lowko371
Other Games
gofns24318
singsing2178
olofmeister1284
hiko574
B2W.Neo353
DeMusliM217
Livibee188
Pyrionflax170
Liquid`VortiX115
Khaldor76
QueenE73
Trikslyr63
ZerO(Twitch)14
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
UltimateBattle 1455
Other Games
BasetradeTV167
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream36
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH177
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis2121
• Jankos1525
• TFBlade463
Other Games
• Shiphtur640
Upcoming Events
Patches Events
2h 8m
The PondCast
20h 8m
INu's Battles
21h 8m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
1d 8h
Replay Cast
1d 9h
OSC
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.