• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 09:41
CEST 15:41
KST 22:41
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 20264Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) 5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BW General Discussion Fantasy returning? Sagi.gg Launcher Released BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9026 users

TL 'Order' LXVI Mafia - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
June 11 2014 01:28 GMT
#846
On June 11 2014 10:24 Tehpoofter wrote:
yamato talk to me about marv how does wolf marv play? Like what should I be looking for in his game?

he acts like a shithead, makes really bad reads, and generally just doesn't seem very interested in actually doing anything.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
June 11 2014 11:25 GMT
#1077
On June 11 2014 19:53 Palmar wrote:
From this point on BM is my champion and will take care of posting, voting, defending, and scumhunting on my behalf.

Considering that you resemble Tyrion, I consider this an unwise decision.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
June 11 2014 11:27 GMT
#1078
I'm going to ignore my marv read until a later date, for now.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
June 11 2014 11:32 GMT
#1079
That said, I'm still pretty confident that VA is actually mafia.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
June 11 2014 11:46 GMT
#1082
I'll quote Ver's analysis RE: VA

-I don’t think I’ve verbalized my intuition fully on Vayne so here goes: Terrible filter, fits mafia profile (deduced from atmosphere/limited interference in lynches) exactly. Ever present but barely playing. Constantly complains about the thread quality but spends all of his time talking about blue roles and irrelevant nonsense, which is a massive incongruency. Caller’s point quoted above is also very good.


And what has he done so far this game?

On June 11 2014 07:20 VayneAuthority wrote:
alrighty well the thread is already too long so I just skipped it, I assume its mostly early game spam. I'll start reading from this point on.


On June 11 2014 09:59 VayneAuthority wrote:
this game is giving me a migraine ill let you know when i start reading it again


While I agree with the sentiment expressed, it's still the same sort of hypocritical nonsense that Ver so accurately pointed out. VA as mafia loves to complain and argue about pointless shit. VA as town would have just posted what he thought about someone/something, right or wrong, and been done with it.

Of course, it's only two posts, but it's a solid lead.

##Vote: VayneAuthority

I'll be looking at Koshi and Chairman more in depth soon. I think they are town, but there is sentiment expressed that this is not the case, and I wish to solve the matter.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
June 11 2014 11:52 GMT
#1084
On June 11 2014 20:46 Holyflare wrote:
The pressure votes, overwhelming.

+ Show Spoiler +
not here till Thursday!

Oh yeah, by the way, this is exactly what mafia Holyflare does. He afks for most of the early game, and then comes in later with all his tryhard worked up. See Survivor for a perfect example. I theorize that he does this as mafia because he finds it difficult to post early on as mafia (which is a tricky thing to do convincingly), so he just skips it, takes the heat for being afk, and then makes up for it with his ability to post long posts full of reasonable-sounding things later on.

He could be legitimately busy, but his posts show he's obviously reading the thread, just not actively participating. Regardless of the manner of his return, he is definitely up there in terms of mafia candidates for this sort of play, simply given his history with this exact pattern.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
June 11 2014 11:53 GMT
#1085
On June 11 2014 20:49 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 20:46 yamato77 wrote:
I'll quote Ver's analysis RE: VA

-I don’t think I’ve verbalized my intuition fully on Vayne so here goes: Terrible filter, fits mafia profile (deduced from atmosphere/limited interference in lynches) exactly. Ever present but barely playing. Constantly complains about the thread quality but spends all of his time talking about blue roles and irrelevant nonsense, which is a massive incongruency. Caller’s point quoted above is also very good.


And what has he done so far this game?

On June 11 2014 07:20 VayneAuthority wrote:
alrighty well the thread is already too long so I just skipped it, I assume its mostly early game spam. I'll start reading from this point on.


On June 11 2014 09:59 VayneAuthority wrote:
this game is giving me a migraine ill let you know when i start reading it again


While I agree with the sentiment expressed, it's still the same sort of hypocritical nonsense that Ver so accurately pointed out. VA as mafia loves to complain and argue about pointless shit. VA as town would have just posted what he thought about someone/something, right or wrong, and been done with it.

Of course, it's only two posts, but it's a solid lead.

##Vote: VayneAuthority

I'll be looking at Koshi and Chairman more in depth soon. I think they are town, but there is sentiment expressed that this is not the case, and I wish to solve the matter.

you're completely missing the 2nd half of Ver's analysis, i.e. spending all his time talking about roles and other shit, which is the massive incongruency, and the incongruency is why he was mafia. That incongruency doesn't exist here because he's not doing anything else either. So using Ver to back up your read is pretty dodgerific

I really have no interest in your opinion.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
June 11 2014 11:53 GMT
#1088
On June 11 2014 20:53 Holyflare wrote:
I have law exams that end tomorrow yamato

That doesn't mean you aren't mafia anyway.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
June 11 2014 11:56 GMT
#1090
On June 11 2014 20:53 marvellosity wrote:
then you're still fucking terrible.

There still exists an incongruity. Vayne is complaining about the quality of the game yet is actually making it worse with the way he posts.

Vayne's towngame does not consist of complaint posts. He doesn't care about the state of the thread when he's town. He just plays the game.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
June 11 2014 11:56 GMT
#1091
On June 11 2014 20:55 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 20:53 yamato77 wrote:
On June 11 2014 20:53 Holyflare wrote:
I have law exams that end tomorrow yamato

That doesn't mean you aren't mafia anyway.


Silly sausage! If i don't post it's because i have a reason

We'll see.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
June 11 2014 12:04 GMT
#1093
On June 11 2014 20:59 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 20:56 yamato77 wrote:
On June 11 2014 20:55 Holyflare wrote:
On June 11 2014 20:53 yamato77 wrote:
On June 11 2014 20:53 Holyflare wrote:
I have law exams that end tomorrow yamato

That doesn't mean you aren't mafia anyway.


Silly sausage! If i don't post it's because i have a reason

We'll see.


Well no because now if i return with try hard you will say "see! Classic mafia". If i don't you'll say "he doesn't care, classic mafia!"

If you're going to use meta don't use unequivocally wrong ones. Or you can just be mafia and continue with it.

If you don't have time to play, then why are you arguing with me about your alignment right now?

I don't have to believe your reasons for your inactivity. And no, my analysis of your play so far involves no catch-22, because your being afk as mafia happens exclusively in the early game. Later in the game, you obviously play legitimately. You might be afk early on as town and then come back and play legitimately. But noting the pattern is important because it's a 30 player game, so I need to narrow my focus down to a small enough range of people to where I really don't have to analyze every post.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
June 11 2014 12:04 GMT
#1094
tl;dr I'm watching you, HF
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
June 11 2014 12:26 GMT
#1102
RE: Koshi

On June 11 2014 08:03 Koshi wrote:
Town, or not lynchable till D3 for myself:
ObiWanShinobi:
Looks fine for now. Till I found everybody town he is town. + fast vote (not quoted). + optimism about fast vote (not quoted).
+ Show Spoiler +

On June 11 2014 05:50 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
batsnacks is the confirmed town hero for finding palmar so early.

im just gonna sheep him forever.


On June 11 2014 05:51 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 05:49 yamato77 wrote:
There's a nonzero chance that both bat and palmy are wolves


another good point.

god im so confused.

this game is really hard.

can everyone see what im saying? im saying that im really confused because this game is confusing.

shit i hope nobody notices me omg.


On June 11 2014 05:52 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 05:50 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 05:48 Chromatically wrote:
first two people posting claim scum = scum always post first

therefore the first six people to post are scum

gg

Try English.
And Logic.

But, like, seriously, like, what does this, like, even, like, mean?.....Like


roundabout, posting from what appears to be one of the moons of jupiter. very interesting.

hows the weather up there?


On June 11 2014 05:54 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 05:53 Tehpoofter wrote:
On June 11 2014 05:48 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
fuck i got town again.


Gonna have to CC you hear I also rolled town.


hi im poofter and i cannot english someone help




Chairman Ray:
Not an awkward entrance. I am cool with CR. Also a case that looks coming from town .
+ Show Spoiler +
On June 11 2014 05:52 Chairman Ray wrote:
Not everyone who townclaimed is town. I see them posting in my mafia QT. Stop lying guys.

On June 11 2014 06:43 Chairman Ray wrote:
First scumread for me: roundabound

Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:03 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:00 Tehpoofter wrote:
On June 11 2014 05:56 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 05:51 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
On June 11 2014 05:49 yamato77 wrote:
There's a nonzero chance that both bat and palmy are wolves


another good point.

god im so confused.

this game is really hard.

can everyone see what im saying? im saying that im really confused because this game is confusing.

shit i hope nobody notices me omg.

I wanna bait this post so badly and see who is the first to call out obiwan for this shitty shit shitterson of a post because it's so easy to hammer him on the lack of anything logical or tangible here. The post is too scummy to be written by scum


You should have waited to see if anyone would bite you literally waited 5 minutes. Rolling mafia as a hydra must suck, especially since Robik doesn't wolf very well.

##Vote: Roundaboud

I'm impatient Banksy. Plus, I don't know how to bait shit. You know how I play...I just spout whatever the hell comes to my head at the moment. Plus, I think that baiting is kinda silly in general. It's too tough to do properly, and unless people read the post the same way you do, you end up with a shitton of people just thinking that you're scum defending a scum buddy instead of reading you for making a good play.


The self-aware weak player. If you are so knowledgeable that you spout what just comes to your head, why don't you just not do it this game instead of analyzing your own weaknesses? A town player will usually try to not exhibit weaknesses that they are completely aware of, and if they do make a mistake, they will try to justify it post-mistake. This feels like someone trying to create a buffer for their future posts so others will read less into scummy play.

Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:08 roundabound wrote:
Banks, I don't like that you haven't cleared me yet. I'm the easiest read of all fucking time.


I hear this a lot of mafia players when I play live mafia. One of the main benchmarks of skill in mafia is other players not being able to trust if you are town or mafia. It becomes really obvious whether or not a newer player is town or scum, but not the better players. This is another self-aware weak player card that I feel would rarely be played by a town player.

Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:10 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:07 Chromatically wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:04 Tehpoofter wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:01 Holyflare wrote:
Sign your posts bro, also wont be playing till Thursday, cya!


This post is Howling like a boss.

Why?

Also roundabound it makes me sad that you only reply to poofter and not me . What do you think of the people pushing you?

The only person pushing me is Banks. I've only seen him lurk as mafia on TL and I've seen him be active as town. If posting volume drops or if logic fails or if he doesn't clear me at some point, he might be mafia, otherwise, he's town.


Again, he's putting the onus on others to clear him as town. He also prematurely dropped the read on banks that banks is active as town and not so much as mafia. This is something you keep in your mind and say AFTER bank shows that he's active or lurking. Saying this prematurely is an indication that round never had the intention to read into banks.




TehPoofter:
Town for being around joyfully. This post is unlikely comming from scumPoofter. First it is totally random, secondly he promises to spam:
+ Show Spoiler +

On June 11 2014 06:03 Tehpoofter wrote:
Speaking of Wolves and Villages. This Game Recently got to 28000 Posts over on 2p2 we can easily beat that number. We just need to channel are inner spamming, Think Holyflare/Steveling but with ADHD and no sleep schedule. Thats my goal this game.



roundabound:
Not on the lynchtable because is progressing the game. Could be more friendly while doing so though. I do not agree with some of the points he makes and I saw him completely missinterpret a post. But I do'n't think he is scum purposely shitting up the thread so he is town for now.
+ Show Spoiler +

On June 11 2014 06:10 roundabound wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:07 Chromatically wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:04 Tehpoofter wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:01 Holyflare wrote:
Sign your posts bro, also wont be playing till Thursday, cya!


This post is Howling like a boss.

Why?

Also roundabound it makes me sad that you only reply to poofter and not me . What do you think of the people pushing you?

The only person pushing me is Banks. I've only seen him lurk as mafia on TL and I've seen him be active as town. If posting volume drops or if logic fails or if he doesn't clear me at some point, he might be mafia, otherwise, he's town.


On June 11 2014 05:53 roundabound wrote:
This is a really weird reaction from Palmar.

If he claims to want to be mafia and rolls town, I think the reaction would be "fuck, I rolled town this sucks", not "fuck I got my role". Obviously he can't just say "SWEET, I GOT MAFIA," but I feel like he'd express more disappointment about rolling town after the first post.

Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 05:41 Palmar wrote:
On June 11 2014 05:30 batsnacks wrote:
I didn't get my role yet.

Scumclaim. I know I'm mafia because I requested it and I also know I haven't received my role, so I can only assume that mafia gets roles sent last.

Nailed you, bitch.


Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 05:45 Palmar wrote:
Fuck I got my role. I don't even know what it does. brb.



On June 11 2014 06:24 roundabound wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:22 Chromatically wrote:
Sinani is mafia for coming into the thread and asking a totally useless question to try to insert himself into the conversation.
On June 11 2014 06:15 sinani206 wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:14 batsnacks wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:13 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:09 batsnacks wrote:
He's using nicknames to confuse you = mafia tactic

Please stop dropping terrible logic. I called "killing123" by his real name the entirety of Foundations. I've called "Poofter" by his name every game that I've played with him. If you played video maf with us, you'd probably be prone to doing the same.


Again 0% of this post concerns this game... I'm reading it as a blank post.


what was your post then


Also this sounds like some sort of secret scum code so that pretty much seals the deal.
On June 11 2014 06:16 sinani206 wrote:
the deepest one in the nest


##Vote: sinani206

You think that sinani posting that is worse than batsnacks not being able to respond and disprove the fact that he's done jack shit? The lack of logic this game so far is baffling.

On June 11 2014 06:27 roundabound wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:24 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:22 Chromatically wrote:
Sinani is mafia for coming into the thread and asking a totally useless question to try to insert himself into the conversation.
On June 11 2014 06:15 sinani206 wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:14 batsnacks wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:13 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:09 batsnacks wrote:
He's using nicknames to confuse you = mafia tactic

Please stop dropping terrible logic. I called "killing123" by his real name the entirety of Foundations. I've called "Poofter" by his name every game that I've played with him. If you played video maf with us, you'd probably be prone to doing the same.


Again 0% of this post concerns this game... I'm reading it as a blank post.


what was your post then


Also this sounds like some sort of secret scum code so that pretty much seals the deal.
On June 11 2014 06:16 sinani206 wrote:
the deepest one in the nest


##Vote: sinani206

You think that sinani posting that is worse than batsnacks not being able to respond and disprove the fact that he's done jack shit? The lack of logic this game so far is baffling.

Sinani asked batsnacks what batsnacks has done all game. He wasn't able to answer the question and he disappeared.

Batsnacks says that he's voting me because he hates hydras. He then goes on to soft push on me by saying shit like "this post isn't about this game so it doesn't mean anything" trying to justify his stupid vote





awkward corner aka might lynch will watch:
Chromatically:
I don't like how he entered the thread. I don't like how he pushing sinani so hard. I don't like it because I don't see it. I can see the point he makes about entering the game with a pointless question trying to blend in. But I don't like how Chrom is blowing these questions up trying to twist it into mafia mindset. Did sinani enter the thread with a question? yes. Did it show mafia mindset. No. The question he asked JAT wasn't what Chrom is making it out to be. It was a pretty legit question. Somebody votes for Robik --> Robik replies --> Somebody says Robik is overdefensive --> sinani doesn't agree that Robik was overdefensive. I have now read Sinani his filter three times. I am puzzled by his filter. I do not see how Chrom can have such a strong scumread on Sinani that he is asking everybody to sheep him.

tldr: Awkward entrance + Too strong scumread.
+ Show Spoiler +

On June 11 2014 05:48 Chromatically wrote:
first two people posting claim scum = scum always post first

therefore the first six people to post are scum

gg

On June 11 2014 05:50 Chromatically wrote:
Oh yeah I'm also town, in case anyone was wondering.

Now we just need the rest of the game to claim and we should be good.

On June 11 2014 06:22 Chromatically wrote:
Sinani is mafia for coming into the thread and asking a totally useless question to try to insert himself into the conversation.
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:15 sinani206 wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:14 batsnacks wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:13 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:09 batsnacks wrote:
He's using nicknames to confuse you = mafia tactic

Please stop dropping terrible logic. I called "killing123" by his real name the entirety of Foundations. I've called "Poofter" by his name every game that I've played with him. If you played video maf with us, you'd probably be prone to doing the same.


Again 0% of this post concerns this game... I'm reading it as a blank post.


what was your post then


Also this sounds like some sort of secret scum code so that pretty much seals the deal.
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:16 sinani206 wrote:
the deepest one in the nest


##Vote: sinani206



TicaTica:
Entrance to the thread with a soft defense, a one-liner that looks extremely hard like an attempt to get towncred from those who he defends. the intention behind the entire post screams: Hi guys, I am town because I am helping. The buddying with marv makes me uncomfortable. Rest of filter is filler.
+ Show Spoiler +

On June 11 2014 06:49 TicaTica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:22 Chromatically wrote:
Sinani is mafia for coming into the thread and asking a totally useless question to try to insert himself into the conversation.
On June 11 2014 06:15 sinani206 wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:14 batsnacks wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:13 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:09 batsnacks wrote:
He's using nicknames to confuse you = mafia tactic

Please stop dropping terrible logic. I called "killing123" by his real name the entirety of Foundations. I've called "Poofter" by his name every game that I've played with him. If you played video maf with us, you'd probably be prone to doing the same.


Again 0% of this post concerns this game... I'm reading it as a blank post.


what was your post then


Also this sounds like some sort of secret scum code so that pretty much seals the deal.
On June 11 2014 06:16 sinani206 wrote:
the deepest one in the nest


##Vote: sinani206

Nisani und sinani be known lurkers irregardless of randed roll.


On June 11 2014 06:54 TicaTica wrote:
Marvelocity potential is villagery. Would be benefit if hydra heads were both to talk. Plammer is inherent wolfy.


On June 11 2014 07:06 TicaTica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 07:04 marvellosity wrote:
On June 11 2014 07:01 justanothertownie wrote:
On June 11 2014 07:00 marvellosity wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:57 justanothertownie wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:56 marvellosity wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:55 justanothertownie wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:50 sinani206 wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:46 Chromatically wrote:
Sinani what do you think of JAT?


Mostly one-liners and wishy washy, I don't really have time right now to quote because I have a meeting at 2:50 but if he keeps this kind of useless posting up I can see a chance of him being red.

In this post sinani basically gives a null read on me. His reasoning can be used for almost 100 % of the players in this game.
I think he added the part with the "chance of being red" to create the illusion that his question towards me had something to do with scumhunting -> tries to get Chrom off his ass.

and therefore your conclusion?

I think it's kinda scummy.

I tend to agree, "if he keeps this up i can see a chance of him being red" is like so many layers of qualifiers :p

on the other hand i'm pretty taken aback that sinani is posting volumously at all. that's a turn up for the books.

Well, is it alignment indicative though? I never played with him afaik.

well i'd expect a mafia-sinani not to bother. that's like a teensy lean though.

Am surprised your not pushing this thought more. -villagry points to mar velocity.



##vote: TicaTica


I initially felt Koshi was town for this post, mostly because I agree with a few of the reads.

Namely, I had an early town lean on Banks for how he approached the game with enthusiasm and a burst of activity. While he's been spammy and rather silly at times, I do not see any nefarious motives in the poofter filter. Koshi picked up on this as well, which is a point in his favor.

I also shared a townread on Chairman Ray early on, because his posting showed obvious effort. While I disagree that roundabound has looked scummy, he obviously has a different perspective, and that is not damning. That said, I don't really know how good CR is at playing scum, so there exists the possibility that he could be mafia, which is why I will update my read soon.

I obviously also agreed with Koshi that roundabound looked town, because I've seen Robik post THE EXACT SAME WAY in a game of this size before, and the thread reacted in the exact same way as well. Mocsta is more difficult to read early, but I think Robik's head of the hydra is really town. Also he's high activity/high emotion early on so more townie points in general, outside of the meta comparison.

I agreed with the Chrom read at the time for the same reason Koshi lists; the sinani case was bad and definitely the sort of reaching play a mafia would make early on so he appears to be scumhunting. I haven't read Chrom's filter since, so he is also on my list, though I remember him asking a rather pointless question about my read on him that does not do him any favors.

On June 11 2014 09:02 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 08:53 Tehpoofter wrote:
On June 11 2014 08:51 Koshi wrote:
I voted Tica because I dislike him more. More words does not equal bigger scumread.

I still think my post was pretty good. Reason:
I think my towns are town.
My questionables good pressures points.

I will continue my quest tomorrow.


His recent posts backing up your wolf lean on him? How do you feel about Marv/Sandroba/JaT not liking your post at all? You think thats alignment indicative for any of them?

Also You're doing a poor job of try harding if you make one post a day. Please don't go Cephiro mode on me.

I have no interest in answering too many questions this game. If I dislike their posting you will be notified in future Koshi posts. I noticed Sandroba first dislike of my post was around my townreads not being good enough. After that he replied that my townreads were town but I wasn't when he got backed up by other Koshi - haters. Interesting that was. Probably only "interesting" person out of marv/Jat/Robik/Poofter/Sandroba.

Updates will follow later.


Koshi also notes what he thinks is an incongruity in sandro's posting.

First sandro says this:

On June 11 2014 08:13 sandroba wrote:
koshi half your town reads are baseless and terrible and one of your scum leans town to me. This looks like pretend hard mode.


And then this:

On June 11 2014 08:23 sandroba wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 08:16 marvellosity wrote:
On June 11 2014 08:15 sandroba wrote:
hi =)

you do realise you're going to have to be super-sexy after your tryhard mode in Catastrophe.

Taking umbrage with that Koshi monstrosity is a good start

No promisses. Not sure if I have the will to read this thread in detail if the amount of shit posting stays on this pace. I hope it's only because it just started.
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 08:16 Koshi wrote:
No sorry my towns are town.

You misunderstand, I'm not I'm not saying they are mafia, I'm saying you are.


While obviously sandro is just saying that Koshi's reasoning for calling his towns town is bad, Koshi thinks (and takes issue with the fact) that sandro is calling his reads bad, which is consistent with how he has posted thus far.

On June 11 2014 08:51 Koshi wrote:
I voted Tica because I dislike him more. More words does not equal bigger scumread.

I still think my post was pretty good. Reason:
I think my towns are town.
My questionables good pressures points.

I will continue my quest tomorrow.


He doesn't seem overly concerned with being wrong about his scumreads. I disagree with sandro that his townreads were terrible. While they appear thin, because Koshi doesn't really go into detail like I do, I actually think there were solid reasons to read those people town at that time, and Koshi picked up on the right posts.

While he's not LOCK CLEAR, he's not my choice for the lynch for today.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
June 11 2014 12:28 GMT
#1103
On June 11 2014 21:17 Holyflare wrote:
"i don't have to believe you have law exams" - yamato 2014

Prob end up in a signature somewhere.

Hakuna your tatas! (inb4 marv uses)

it's literally impossible for me to just blindly trust whatever reason you give me.

REGARDLESS OF WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE LAW EXAMS, YOU COULD BE MAFIA.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
June 11 2014 12:29 GMT
#1105
On June 11 2014 21:11 HaruRH wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 20:46 yamato77 wrote:
I'll quote Ver's analysis RE: VA

-I don’t think I’ve verbalized my intuition fully on Vayne so here goes: Terrible filter, fits mafia profile (deduced from atmosphere/limited interference in lynches) exactly. Ever present but barely playing. Constantly complains about the thread quality but spends all of his time talking about blue roles and irrelevant nonsense, which is a massive incongruency. Caller’s point quoted above is also very good.


And what has he done so far this game?

On June 11 2014 07:20 VayneAuthority wrote:
alrighty well the thread is already too long so I just skipped it, I assume its mostly early game spam. I'll start reading from this point on.


On June 11 2014 09:59 VayneAuthority wrote:
this game is giving me a migraine ill let you know when i start reading it again


While I agree with the sentiment expressed, it's still the same sort of hypocritical nonsense that Ver so accurately pointed out. VA as mafia loves to complain and argue about pointless shit. VA as town would have just posted what he thought about someone/something, right or wrong, and been done with it.

Of course, it's only two posts, but it's a solid lead.

##Vote: VayneAuthority

I'll be looking at Koshi and Chairman more in depth soon. I think they are town, but there is sentiment expressed that this is not the case, and I wish to solve the matter.


Uh.... you seemed to miss the point. Ver used BOTH points as a combination of factors. Even if VA is about to turn into a blue post craping whore, the truth is he haven't. You either jumped the gun too early, or you are trying to shoot him before he turned, which leads into 2 outcomes : 1) He WILL turn 2)You are just trying to shoot for the heck of it.

Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 20:52 yamato77 wrote:
On June 11 2014 20:46 Holyflare wrote:
The pressure votes, overwhelming.

+ Show Spoiler +
not here till Thursday!

Oh yeah, by the way, this is exactly what mafia Holyflare does. He afks for most of the early game, and then comes in later with all his tryhard worked up. See Survivor for a perfect example. I theorize that he does this as mafia because he finds it difficult to post early on as mafia (which is a tricky thing to do convincingly), so he just skips it, takes the heat for being afk, and then makes up for it with his ability to post long posts full of reasonable-sounding things later on.

He could be legitimately busy, but his posts show he's obviously reading the thread, just not actively participating. Regardless of the manner of his return, he is definitely up there in terms of mafia candidates for this sort of play, simply given his history with this exact pattern.


Uh... stop?

Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 20:53 yamato77 wrote:
On June 11 2014 20:49 marvellosity wrote:
On June 11 2014 20:46 yamato77 wrote:
I'll quote Ver's analysis RE: VA

-I don’t think I’ve verbalized my intuition fully on Vayne so here goes: Terrible filter, fits mafia profile (deduced from atmosphere/limited interference in lynches) exactly. Ever present but barely playing. Constantly complains about the thread quality but spends all of his time talking about blue roles and irrelevant nonsense, which is a massive incongruency. Caller’s point quoted above is also very good.


And what has he done so far this game?

On June 11 2014 07:20 VayneAuthority wrote:
alrighty well the thread is already too long so I just skipped it, I assume its mostly early game spam. I'll start reading from this point on.


On June 11 2014 09:59 VayneAuthority wrote:
this game is giving me a migraine ill let you know when i start reading it again


While I agree with the sentiment expressed, it's still the same sort of hypocritical nonsense that Ver so accurately pointed out. VA as mafia loves to complain and argue about pointless shit. VA as town would have just posted what he thought about someone/something, right or wrong, and been done with it.

Of course, it's only two posts, but it's a solid lead.

##Vote: VayneAuthority

I'll be looking at Koshi and Chairman more in depth soon. I think they are town, but there is sentiment expressed that this is not the case, and I wish to solve the matter.

you're completely missing the 2nd half of Ver's analysis, i.e. spending all his time talking about roles and other shit, which is the massive incongruency, and the incongruency is why he was mafia. That incongruency doesn't exist here because he's not doing anything else either. So using Ver to back up your read is pretty dodgerific

I really have no interest in your opinion.


Stop.

Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 20:53 yamato77 wrote:
On June 11 2014 20:53 Holyflare wrote:
I have law exams that end tomorrow yamato

That doesn't mean you aren't mafia anyway.


I really mean it, stop.

Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 20:56 yamato77 wrote:
On June 11 2014 20:53 marvellosity wrote:
then you're still fucking terrible.

There still exists an incongruity. Vayne is complaining about the quality of the game yet is actually making it worse with the way he posts.

Vayne's towngame does not consist of complaint posts. He doesn't care about the state of the thread when he's town. He just plays the game.


I'll quote Ver's analysis RE: VA

Show nested quote +
-I don’t think I’ve verbalized my intuition fully on Vayne so here goes: Terrible filter, fits mafia profile (deduced from atmosphere/limited interference in lynches) exactly. Ever present but barely playing. Constantly complains about the thread quality but spends all of his time talking about blue roles and irrelevant nonsense, which is a massive incongruency. Caller’s point quoted above is also very good.


MASSIVE INCONGRUENCY.

Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 21:04 yamato77 wrote:
On June 11 2014 20:59 Holyflare wrote:
On June 11 2014 20:56 yamato77 wrote:
On June 11 2014 20:55 Holyflare wrote:
On June 11 2014 20:53 yamato77 wrote:
On June 11 2014 20:53 Holyflare wrote:
I have law exams that end tomorrow yamato

That doesn't mean you aren't mafia anyway.


Silly sausage! If i don't post it's because i have a reason

We'll see.


Well no because now if i return with try hard you will say "see! Classic mafia". If i don't you'll say "he doesn't care, classic mafia!"

If you're going to use meta don't use unequivocally wrong ones. Or you can just be mafia and continue with it.

If you don't have time to play, then why are you arguing with me about your alignment right now?

I don't have to believe your reasons for your inactivity. And no, my analysis of your play so far involves no catch-22, because your being afk as mafia happens exclusively in the early game. Later in the game, you obviously play legitimately. You might be afk early on as town and then come back and play legitimately. But noting the pattern is important because it's a 30 player game, so I need to narrow my focus down to a small enough range of people to where I really don't have to analyze every post.


...

Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 21:04 yamato77 wrote:
tl;dr I'm watching you, HF


I'M WATCHING YOU YAMATO.

Is there a point to this post?
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
June 11 2014 12:32 GMT
#1107
On June 11 2014 21:29 marvellosity wrote:
you're probably town yam.

now if you were only the slightest bit sheepable :/

I really don't care if you think I'm right, all you've done this game is call me terrible.

If you want to talk about reads, go ahead, but for now, you're just shitposting like the rest of the thread.

I am not saying that I'm certain about anything, because this game is always played with a large degree of uncertainty, but someone has to move the thread away from how it's been going.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
June 11 2014 12:33 GMT
#1108
On June 11 2014 21:29 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 21:26 yamato77 wrote:
RE: Koshi

On June 11 2014 08:03 Koshi wrote:
Town, or not lynchable till D3 for myself:
ObiWanShinobi:
Looks fine for now. Till I found everybody town he is town. + fast vote (not quoted). + optimism about fast vote (not quoted).
+ Show Spoiler +

On June 11 2014 05:50 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
batsnacks is the confirmed town hero for finding palmar so early.

im just gonna sheep him forever.


On June 11 2014 05:51 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 05:49 yamato77 wrote:
There's a nonzero chance that both bat and palmy are wolves


another good point.

god im so confused.

this game is really hard.

can everyone see what im saying? im saying that im really confused because this game is confusing.

shit i hope nobody notices me omg.


On June 11 2014 05:52 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 05:50 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 05:48 Chromatically wrote:
first two people posting claim scum = scum always post first

therefore the first six people to post are scum

gg

Try English.
And Logic.

But, like, seriously, like, what does this, like, even, like, mean?.....Like


roundabout, posting from what appears to be one of the moons of jupiter. very interesting.

hows the weather up there?


On June 11 2014 05:54 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 05:53 Tehpoofter wrote:
On June 11 2014 05:48 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
fuck i got town again.


Gonna have to CC you hear I also rolled town.


hi im poofter and i cannot english someone help




Chairman Ray:
Not an awkward entrance. I am cool with CR. Also a case that looks coming from town .
+ Show Spoiler +
On June 11 2014 05:52 Chairman Ray wrote:
Not everyone who townclaimed is town. I see them posting in my mafia QT. Stop lying guys.

On June 11 2014 06:43 Chairman Ray wrote:
First scumread for me: roundabound

Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:03 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:00 Tehpoofter wrote:
On June 11 2014 05:56 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 05:51 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
On June 11 2014 05:49 yamato77 wrote:
There's a nonzero chance that both bat and palmy are wolves


another good point.

god im so confused.

this game is really hard.

can everyone see what im saying? im saying that im really confused because this game is confusing.

shit i hope nobody notices me omg.

I wanna bait this post so badly and see who is the first to call out obiwan for this shitty shit shitterson of a post because it's so easy to hammer him on the lack of anything logical or tangible here. The post is too scummy to be written by scum


You should have waited to see if anyone would bite you literally waited 5 minutes. Rolling mafia as a hydra must suck, especially since Robik doesn't wolf very well.

##Vote: Roundaboud

I'm impatient Banksy. Plus, I don't know how to bait shit. You know how I play...I just spout whatever the hell comes to my head at the moment. Plus, I think that baiting is kinda silly in general. It's too tough to do properly, and unless people read the post the same way you do, you end up with a shitton of people just thinking that you're scum defending a scum buddy instead of reading you for making a good play.


The self-aware weak player. If you are so knowledgeable that you spout what just comes to your head, why don't you just not do it this game instead of analyzing your own weaknesses? A town player will usually try to not exhibit weaknesses that they are completely aware of, and if they do make a mistake, they will try to justify it post-mistake. This feels like someone trying to create a buffer for their future posts so others will read less into scummy play.

Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:08 roundabound wrote:
Banks, I don't like that you haven't cleared me yet. I'm the easiest read of all fucking time.


I hear this a lot of mafia players when I play live mafia. One of the main benchmarks of skill in mafia is other players not being able to trust if you are town or mafia. It becomes really obvious whether or not a newer player is town or scum, but not the better players. This is another self-aware weak player card that I feel would rarely be played by a town player.

Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:10 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:07 Chromatically wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:04 Tehpoofter wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:01 Holyflare wrote:
Sign your posts bro, also wont be playing till Thursday, cya!


This post is Howling like a boss.

Why?

Also roundabound it makes me sad that you only reply to poofter and not me . What do you think of the people pushing you?

The only person pushing me is Banks. I've only seen him lurk as mafia on TL and I've seen him be active as town. If posting volume drops or if logic fails or if he doesn't clear me at some point, he might be mafia, otherwise, he's town.


Again, he's putting the onus on others to clear him as town. He also prematurely dropped the read on banks that banks is active as town and not so much as mafia. This is something you keep in your mind and say AFTER bank shows that he's active or lurking. Saying this prematurely is an indication that round never had the intention to read into banks.




TehPoofter:
Town for being around joyfully. This post is unlikely comming from scumPoofter. First it is totally random, secondly he promises to spam:
+ Show Spoiler +

On June 11 2014 06:03 Tehpoofter wrote:
Speaking of Wolves and Villages. This Game Recently got to 28000 Posts over on 2p2 we can easily beat that number. We just need to channel are inner spamming, Think Holyflare/Steveling but with ADHD and no sleep schedule. Thats my goal this game.



roundabound:
Not on the lynchtable because is progressing the game. Could be more friendly while doing so though. I do not agree with some of the points he makes and I saw him completely missinterpret a post. But I do'n't think he is scum purposely shitting up the thread so he is town for now.
+ Show Spoiler +

On June 11 2014 06:10 roundabound wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:07 Chromatically wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:04 Tehpoofter wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:01 Holyflare wrote:
Sign your posts bro, also wont be playing till Thursday, cya!


This post is Howling like a boss.

Why?

Also roundabound it makes me sad that you only reply to poofter and not me . What do you think of the people pushing you?

The only person pushing me is Banks. I've only seen him lurk as mafia on TL and I've seen him be active as town. If posting volume drops or if logic fails or if he doesn't clear me at some point, he might be mafia, otherwise, he's town.


On June 11 2014 05:53 roundabound wrote:
This is a really weird reaction from Palmar.

If he claims to want to be mafia and rolls town, I think the reaction would be "fuck, I rolled town this sucks", not "fuck I got my role". Obviously he can't just say "SWEET, I GOT MAFIA," but I feel like he'd express more disappointment about rolling town after the first post.

Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 05:41 Palmar wrote:
On June 11 2014 05:30 batsnacks wrote:
I didn't get my role yet.

Scumclaim. I know I'm mafia because I requested it and I also know I haven't received my role, so I can only assume that mafia gets roles sent last.

Nailed you, bitch.


Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 05:45 Palmar wrote:
Fuck I got my role. I don't even know what it does. brb.



On June 11 2014 06:24 roundabound wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:22 Chromatically wrote:
Sinani is mafia for coming into the thread and asking a totally useless question to try to insert himself into the conversation.
On June 11 2014 06:15 sinani206 wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:14 batsnacks wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:13 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:09 batsnacks wrote:
He's using nicknames to confuse you = mafia tactic

Please stop dropping terrible logic. I called "killing123" by his real name the entirety of Foundations. I've called "Poofter" by his name every game that I've played with him. If you played video maf with us, you'd probably be prone to doing the same.


Again 0% of this post concerns this game... I'm reading it as a blank post.


what was your post then


Also this sounds like some sort of secret scum code so that pretty much seals the deal.
On June 11 2014 06:16 sinani206 wrote:
the deepest one in the nest


##Vote: sinani206

You think that sinani posting that is worse than batsnacks not being able to respond and disprove the fact that he's done jack shit? The lack of logic this game so far is baffling.

On June 11 2014 06:27 roundabound wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:24 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:22 Chromatically wrote:
Sinani is mafia for coming into the thread and asking a totally useless question to try to insert himself into the conversation.
On June 11 2014 06:15 sinani206 wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:14 batsnacks wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:13 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:09 batsnacks wrote:
He's using nicknames to confuse you = mafia tactic

Please stop dropping terrible logic. I called "killing123" by his real name the entirety of Foundations. I've called "Poofter" by his name every game that I've played with him. If you played video maf with us, you'd probably be prone to doing the same.


Again 0% of this post concerns this game... I'm reading it as a blank post.


what was your post then


Also this sounds like some sort of secret scum code so that pretty much seals the deal.
On June 11 2014 06:16 sinani206 wrote:
the deepest one in the nest


##Vote: sinani206

You think that sinani posting that is worse than batsnacks not being able to respond and disprove the fact that he's done jack shit? The lack of logic this game so far is baffling.

Sinani asked batsnacks what batsnacks has done all game. He wasn't able to answer the question and he disappeared.

Batsnacks says that he's voting me because he hates hydras. He then goes on to soft push on me by saying shit like "this post isn't about this game so it doesn't mean anything" trying to justify his stupid vote





awkward corner aka might lynch will watch:
Chromatically:
I don't like how he entered the thread. I don't like how he pushing sinani so hard. I don't like it because I don't see it. I can see the point he makes about entering the game with a pointless question trying to blend in. But I don't like how Chrom is blowing these questions up trying to twist it into mafia mindset. Did sinani enter the thread with a question? yes. Did it show mafia mindset. No. The question he asked JAT wasn't what Chrom is making it out to be. It was a pretty legit question. Somebody votes for Robik --> Robik replies --> Somebody says Robik is overdefensive --> sinani doesn't agree that Robik was overdefensive. I have now read Sinani his filter three times. I am puzzled by his filter. I do not see how Chrom can have such a strong scumread on Sinani that he is asking everybody to sheep him.

tldr: Awkward entrance + Too strong scumread.
+ Show Spoiler +

On June 11 2014 05:48 Chromatically wrote:
first two people posting claim scum = scum always post first

therefore the first six people to post are scum

gg

On June 11 2014 05:50 Chromatically wrote:
Oh yeah I'm also town, in case anyone was wondering.

Now we just need the rest of the game to claim and we should be good.

On June 11 2014 06:22 Chromatically wrote:
Sinani is mafia for coming into the thread and asking a totally useless question to try to insert himself into the conversation.
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:15 sinani206 wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:14 batsnacks wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:13 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:09 batsnacks wrote:
He's using nicknames to confuse you = mafia tactic

Please stop dropping terrible logic. I called "killing123" by his real name the entirety of Foundations. I've called "Poofter" by his name every game that I've played with him. If you played video maf with us, you'd probably be prone to doing the same.


Again 0% of this post concerns this game... I'm reading it as a blank post.


what was your post then


Also this sounds like some sort of secret scum code so that pretty much seals the deal.
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:16 sinani206 wrote:
the deepest one in the nest


##Vote: sinani206



TicaTica:
Entrance to the thread with a soft defense, a one-liner that looks extremely hard like an attempt to get towncred from those who he defends. the intention behind the entire post screams: Hi guys, I am town because I am helping. The buddying with marv makes me uncomfortable. Rest of filter is filler.
+ Show Spoiler +

On June 11 2014 06:49 TicaTica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:22 Chromatically wrote:
Sinani is mafia for coming into the thread and asking a totally useless question to try to insert himself into the conversation.
On June 11 2014 06:15 sinani206 wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:14 batsnacks wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:13 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:09 batsnacks wrote:
He's using nicknames to confuse you = mafia tactic

Please stop dropping terrible logic. I called "killing123" by his real name the entirety of Foundations. I've called "Poofter" by his name every game that I've played with him. If you played video maf with us, you'd probably be prone to doing the same.


Again 0% of this post concerns this game... I'm reading it as a blank post.


what was your post then


Also this sounds like some sort of secret scum code so that pretty much seals the deal.
On June 11 2014 06:16 sinani206 wrote:
the deepest one in the nest


##Vote: sinani206

Nisani und sinani be known lurkers irregardless of randed roll.


On June 11 2014 06:54 TicaTica wrote:
Marvelocity potential is villagery. Would be benefit if hydra heads were both to talk. Plammer is inherent wolfy.


On June 11 2014 07:06 TicaTica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 07:04 marvellosity wrote:
On June 11 2014 07:01 justanothertownie wrote:
On June 11 2014 07:00 marvellosity wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:57 justanothertownie wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:56 marvellosity wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:55 justanothertownie wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:50 sinani206 wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:46 Chromatically wrote:
Sinani what do you think of JAT?


Mostly one-liners and wishy washy, I don't really have time right now to quote because I have a meeting at 2:50 but if he keeps this kind of useless posting up I can see a chance of him being red.

In this post sinani basically gives a null read on me. His reasoning can be used for almost 100 % of the players in this game.
I think he added the part with the "chance of being red" to create the illusion that his question towards me had something to do with scumhunting -> tries to get Chrom off his ass.

and therefore your conclusion?

I think it's kinda scummy.

I tend to agree, "if he keeps this up i can see a chance of him being red" is like so many layers of qualifiers :p

on the other hand i'm pretty taken aback that sinani is posting volumously at all. that's a turn up for the books.

Well, is it alignment indicative though? I never played with him afaik.

well i'd expect a mafia-sinani not to bother. that's like a teensy lean though.

Am surprised your not pushing this thought more. -villagry points to mar velocity.



##vote: TicaTica


I initially felt Koshi was town for this post, mostly because I agree with a few of the reads.

Namely, I had an early town lean on Banks for how he approached the game with enthusiasm and a burst of activity. While he's been spammy and rather silly at times, I do not see any nefarious motives in the poofter filter. Koshi picked up on this as well, which is a point in his favor.

I also shared a townread on Chairman Ray early on, because his posting showed obvious effort. While I disagree that roundabound has looked scummy, he obviously has a different perspective, and that is not damning. That said, I don't really know how good CR is at playing scum, so there exists the possibility that he could be mafia, which is why I will update my read soon.

I obviously also agreed with Koshi that roundabound looked town, because I've seen Robik post THE EXACT SAME WAY in a game of this size before, and the thread reacted in the exact same way as well. Mocsta is more difficult to read early, but I think Robik's head of the hydra is really town. Also he's high activity/high emotion early on so more townie points in general, outside of the meta comparison.

I agreed with the Chrom read at the time for the same reason Koshi lists; the sinani case was bad and definitely the sort of reaching play a mafia would make early on so he appears to be scumhunting. I haven't read Chrom's filter since, so he is also on my list, though I remember him asking a rather pointless question about my read on him that does not do him any favors.

On June 11 2014 09:02 Koshi wrote:
On June 11 2014 08:53 Tehpoofter wrote:
On June 11 2014 08:51 Koshi wrote:
I voted Tica because I dislike him more. More words does not equal bigger scumread.

I still think my post was pretty good. Reason:
I think my towns are town.
My questionables good pressures points.

I will continue my quest tomorrow.


His recent posts backing up your wolf lean on him? How do you feel about Marv/Sandroba/JaT not liking your post at all? You think thats alignment indicative for any of them?

Also You're doing a poor job of try harding if you make one post a day. Please don't go Cephiro mode on me.

I have no interest in answering too many questions this game. If I dislike their posting you will be notified in future Koshi posts. I noticed Sandroba first dislike of my post was around my townreads not being good enough. After that he replied that my townreads were town but I wasn't when he got backed up by other Koshi - haters. Interesting that was. Probably only "interesting" person out of marv/Jat/Robik/Poofter/Sandroba.

Updates will follow later.


Koshi also notes what he thinks is an incongruity in sandro's posting.

First sandro says this:

On June 11 2014 08:13 sandroba wrote:
koshi half your town reads are baseless and terrible and one of your scum leans town to me. This looks like pretend hard mode.


And then this:

On June 11 2014 08:23 sandroba wrote:
On June 11 2014 08:16 marvellosity wrote:
On June 11 2014 08:15 sandroba wrote:
hi =)

you do realise you're going to have to be super-sexy after your tryhard mode in Catastrophe.

Taking umbrage with that Koshi monstrosity is a good start

No promisses. Not sure if I have the will to read this thread in detail if the amount of shit posting stays on this pace. I hope it's only because it just started.
On June 11 2014 08:16 Koshi wrote:
No sorry my towns are town.

You misunderstand, I'm not I'm not saying they are mafia, I'm saying you are.


While obviously sandro is just saying that Koshi's reasoning for calling his towns town is bad, Koshi thinks (and takes issue with the fact) that sandro is calling his reads bad, which is consistent with how he has posted thus far.

On June 11 2014 08:51 Koshi wrote:
I voted Tica because I dislike him more. More words does not equal bigger scumread.

I still think my post was pretty good. Reason:
I think my towns are town.
My questionables good pressures points.

I will continue my quest tomorrow.


He doesn't seem overly concerned with being wrong about his scumreads. I disagree with sandro that his townreads were terrible. While they appear thin, because Koshi doesn't really go into detail like I do, I actually think there were solid reasons to read those people town at that time, and Koshi picked up on the right posts.

While he's not LOCK CLEAR, he's not my choice for the lynch for today.

You went with meta for your VA read. Do you think Koshis play is in line with his town meta?

Koshi doesn't really play town in any one discernible way, so the argument doesn't really exist that he's "playing different than how he plays town".
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
June 11 2014 12:37 GMT
#1111
On June 11 2014 21:35 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 21:33 yamato77 wrote:
On June 11 2014 21:29 justanothertownie wrote:
On June 11 2014 21:26 yamato77 wrote:
RE: Koshi

On June 11 2014 08:03 Koshi wrote:
Town, or not lynchable till D3 for myself:
ObiWanShinobi:
Looks fine for now. Till I found everybody town he is town. + fast vote (not quoted). + optimism about fast vote (not quoted).
+ Show Spoiler +

On June 11 2014 05:50 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
batsnacks is the confirmed town hero for finding palmar so early.

im just gonna sheep him forever.


On June 11 2014 05:51 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 05:49 yamato77 wrote:
There's a nonzero chance that both bat and palmy are wolves


another good point.

god im so confused.

this game is really hard.

can everyone see what im saying? im saying that im really confused because this game is confusing.

shit i hope nobody notices me omg.


On June 11 2014 05:52 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 05:50 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 05:48 Chromatically wrote:
first two people posting claim scum = scum always post first

therefore the first six people to post are scum

gg

Try English.
And Logic.

But, like, seriously, like, what does this, like, even, like, mean?.....Like


roundabout, posting from what appears to be one of the moons of jupiter. very interesting.

hows the weather up there?


On June 11 2014 05:54 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 05:53 Tehpoofter wrote:
On June 11 2014 05:48 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
fuck i got town again.


Gonna have to CC you hear I also rolled town.


hi im poofter and i cannot english someone help




Chairman Ray:
Not an awkward entrance. I am cool with CR. Also a case that looks coming from town .
+ Show Spoiler +
On June 11 2014 05:52 Chairman Ray wrote:
Not everyone who townclaimed is town. I see them posting in my mafia QT. Stop lying guys.

On June 11 2014 06:43 Chairman Ray wrote:
First scumread for me: roundabound

Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:03 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:00 Tehpoofter wrote:
On June 11 2014 05:56 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 05:51 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
On June 11 2014 05:49 yamato77 wrote:
There's a nonzero chance that both bat and palmy are wolves


another good point.

god im so confused.

this game is really hard.

can everyone see what im saying? im saying that im really confused because this game is confusing.

shit i hope nobody notices me omg.

I wanna bait this post so badly and see who is the first to call out obiwan for this shitty shit shitterson of a post because it's so easy to hammer him on the lack of anything logical or tangible here. The post is too scummy to be written by scum


You should have waited to see if anyone would bite you literally waited 5 minutes. Rolling mafia as a hydra must suck, especially since Robik doesn't wolf very well.

##Vote: Roundaboud

I'm impatient Banksy. Plus, I don't know how to bait shit. You know how I play...I just spout whatever the hell comes to my head at the moment. Plus, I think that baiting is kinda silly in general. It's too tough to do properly, and unless people read the post the same way you do, you end up with a shitton of people just thinking that you're scum defending a scum buddy instead of reading you for making a good play.


The self-aware weak player. If you are so knowledgeable that you spout what just comes to your head, why don't you just not do it this game instead of analyzing your own weaknesses? A town player will usually try to not exhibit weaknesses that they are completely aware of, and if they do make a mistake, they will try to justify it post-mistake. This feels like someone trying to create a buffer for their future posts so others will read less into scummy play.

Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:08 roundabound wrote:
Banks, I don't like that you haven't cleared me yet. I'm the easiest read of all fucking time.


I hear this a lot of mafia players when I play live mafia. One of the main benchmarks of skill in mafia is other players not being able to trust if you are town or mafia. It becomes really obvious whether or not a newer player is town or scum, but not the better players. This is another self-aware weak player card that I feel would rarely be played by a town player.

Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:10 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:07 Chromatically wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:04 Tehpoofter wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:01 Holyflare wrote:
Sign your posts bro, also wont be playing till Thursday, cya!


This post is Howling like a boss.

Why?

Also roundabound it makes me sad that you only reply to poofter and not me . What do you think of the people pushing you?

The only person pushing me is Banks. I've only seen him lurk as mafia on TL and I've seen him be active as town. If posting volume drops or if logic fails or if he doesn't clear me at some point, he might be mafia, otherwise, he's town.


Again, he's putting the onus on others to clear him as town. He also prematurely dropped the read on banks that banks is active as town and not so much as mafia. This is something you keep in your mind and say AFTER bank shows that he's active or lurking. Saying this prematurely is an indication that round never had the intention to read into banks.




TehPoofter:
Town for being around joyfully. This post is unlikely comming from scumPoofter. First it is totally random, secondly he promises to spam:
+ Show Spoiler +

On June 11 2014 06:03 Tehpoofter wrote:
Speaking of Wolves and Villages. This Game Recently got to 28000 Posts over on 2p2 we can easily beat that number. We just need to channel are inner spamming, Think Holyflare/Steveling but with ADHD and no sleep schedule. Thats my goal this game.



roundabound:
Not on the lynchtable because is progressing the game. Could be more friendly while doing so though. I do not agree with some of the points he makes and I saw him completely missinterpret a post. But I do'n't think he is scum purposely shitting up the thread so he is town for now.
+ Show Spoiler +

On June 11 2014 06:10 roundabound wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:07 Chromatically wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:04 Tehpoofter wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:01 Holyflare wrote:
Sign your posts bro, also wont be playing till Thursday, cya!


This post is Howling like a boss.

Why?

Also roundabound it makes me sad that you only reply to poofter and not me . What do you think of the people pushing you?

The only person pushing me is Banks. I've only seen him lurk as mafia on TL and I've seen him be active as town. If posting volume drops or if logic fails or if he doesn't clear me at some point, he might be mafia, otherwise, he's town.


On June 11 2014 05:53 roundabound wrote:
This is a really weird reaction from Palmar.

If he claims to want to be mafia and rolls town, I think the reaction would be "fuck, I rolled town this sucks", not "fuck I got my role". Obviously he can't just say "SWEET, I GOT MAFIA," but I feel like he'd express more disappointment about rolling town after the first post.

Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 05:41 Palmar wrote:
On June 11 2014 05:30 batsnacks wrote:
I didn't get my role yet.

Scumclaim. I know I'm mafia because I requested it and I also know I haven't received my role, so I can only assume that mafia gets roles sent last.

Nailed you, bitch.


Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 05:45 Palmar wrote:
Fuck I got my role. I don't even know what it does. brb.



On June 11 2014 06:24 roundabound wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:22 Chromatically wrote:
Sinani is mafia for coming into the thread and asking a totally useless question to try to insert himself into the conversation.
On June 11 2014 06:15 sinani206 wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:14 batsnacks wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:13 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:09 batsnacks wrote:
He's using nicknames to confuse you = mafia tactic

Please stop dropping terrible logic. I called "killing123" by his real name the entirety of Foundations. I've called "Poofter" by his name every game that I've played with him. If you played video maf with us, you'd probably be prone to doing the same.


Again 0% of this post concerns this game... I'm reading it as a blank post.


what was your post then


Also this sounds like some sort of secret scum code so that pretty much seals the deal.
On June 11 2014 06:16 sinani206 wrote:
the deepest one in the nest


##Vote: sinani206

You think that sinani posting that is worse than batsnacks not being able to respond and disprove the fact that he's done jack shit? The lack of logic this game so far is baffling.

On June 11 2014 06:27 roundabound wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:24 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:22 Chromatically wrote:
Sinani is mafia for coming into the thread and asking a totally useless question to try to insert himself into the conversation.
On June 11 2014 06:15 sinani206 wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:14 batsnacks wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:13 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:09 batsnacks wrote:
He's using nicknames to confuse you = mafia tactic

Please stop dropping terrible logic. I called "killing123" by his real name the entirety of Foundations. I've called "Poofter" by his name every game that I've played with him. If you played video maf with us, you'd probably be prone to doing the same.


Again 0% of this post concerns this game... I'm reading it as a blank post.


what was your post then


Also this sounds like some sort of secret scum code so that pretty much seals the deal.
On June 11 2014 06:16 sinani206 wrote:
the deepest one in the nest


##Vote: sinani206

You think that sinani posting that is worse than batsnacks not being able to respond and disprove the fact that he's done jack shit? The lack of logic this game so far is baffling.

Sinani asked batsnacks what batsnacks has done all game. He wasn't able to answer the question and he disappeared.

Batsnacks says that he's voting me because he hates hydras. He then goes on to soft push on me by saying shit like "this post isn't about this game so it doesn't mean anything" trying to justify his stupid vote





awkward corner aka might lynch will watch:
Chromatically:
I don't like how he entered the thread. I don't like how he pushing sinani so hard. I don't like it because I don't see it. I can see the point he makes about entering the game with a pointless question trying to blend in. But I don't like how Chrom is blowing these questions up trying to twist it into mafia mindset. Did sinani enter the thread with a question? yes. Did it show mafia mindset. No. The question he asked JAT wasn't what Chrom is making it out to be. It was a pretty legit question. Somebody votes for Robik --> Robik replies --> Somebody says Robik is overdefensive --> sinani doesn't agree that Robik was overdefensive. I have now read Sinani his filter three times. I am puzzled by his filter. I do not see how Chrom can have such a strong scumread on Sinani that he is asking everybody to sheep him.

tldr: Awkward entrance + Too strong scumread.
+ Show Spoiler +

On June 11 2014 05:48 Chromatically wrote:
first two people posting claim scum = scum always post first

therefore the first six people to post are scum

gg

On June 11 2014 05:50 Chromatically wrote:
Oh yeah I'm also town, in case anyone was wondering.

Now we just need the rest of the game to claim and we should be good.

On June 11 2014 06:22 Chromatically wrote:
Sinani is mafia for coming into the thread and asking a totally useless question to try to insert himself into the conversation.
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:15 sinani206 wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:14 batsnacks wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:13 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:09 batsnacks wrote:
He's using nicknames to confuse you = mafia tactic

Please stop dropping terrible logic. I called "killing123" by his real name the entirety of Foundations. I've called "Poofter" by his name every game that I've played with him. If you played video maf with us, you'd probably be prone to doing the same.


Again 0% of this post concerns this game... I'm reading it as a blank post.


what was your post then


Also this sounds like some sort of secret scum code so that pretty much seals the deal.
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:16 sinani206 wrote:
the deepest one in the nest


##Vote: sinani206



TicaTica:
Entrance to the thread with a soft defense, a one-liner that looks extremely hard like an attempt to get towncred from those who he defends. the intention behind the entire post screams: Hi guys, I am town because I am helping. The buddying with marv makes me uncomfortable. Rest of filter is filler.
+ Show Spoiler +

On June 11 2014 06:49 TicaTica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:22 Chromatically wrote:
Sinani is mafia for coming into the thread and asking a totally useless question to try to insert himself into the conversation.
On June 11 2014 06:15 sinani206 wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:14 batsnacks wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:13 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:09 batsnacks wrote:
He's using nicknames to confuse you = mafia tactic

Please stop dropping terrible logic. I called "killing123" by his real name the entirety of Foundations. I've called "Poofter" by his name every game that I've played with him. If you played video maf with us, you'd probably be prone to doing the same.


Again 0% of this post concerns this game... I'm reading it as a blank post.


what was your post then


Also this sounds like some sort of secret scum code so that pretty much seals the deal.
On June 11 2014 06:16 sinani206 wrote:
the deepest one in the nest


##Vote: sinani206

Nisani und sinani be known lurkers irregardless of randed roll.


On June 11 2014 06:54 TicaTica wrote:
Marvelocity potential is villagery. Would be benefit if hydra heads were both to talk. Plammer is inherent wolfy.


On June 11 2014 07:06 TicaTica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 07:04 marvellosity wrote:
On June 11 2014 07:01 justanothertownie wrote:
On June 11 2014 07:00 marvellosity wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:57 justanothertownie wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:56 marvellosity wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:55 justanothertownie wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:50 sinani206 wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:46 Chromatically wrote:
Sinani what do you think of JAT?


Mostly one-liners and wishy washy, I don't really have time right now to quote because I have a meeting at 2:50 but if he keeps this kind of useless posting up I can see a chance of him being red.

In this post sinani basically gives a null read on me. His reasoning can be used for almost 100 % of the players in this game.
I think he added the part with the "chance of being red" to create the illusion that his question towards me had something to do with scumhunting -> tries to get Chrom off his ass.

and therefore your conclusion?

I think it's kinda scummy.

I tend to agree, "if he keeps this up i can see a chance of him being red" is like so many layers of qualifiers :p

on the other hand i'm pretty taken aback that sinani is posting volumously at all. that's a turn up for the books.

Well, is it alignment indicative though? I never played with him afaik.

well i'd expect a mafia-sinani not to bother. that's like a teensy lean though.

Am surprised your not pushing this thought more. -villagry points to mar velocity.



##vote: TicaTica


I initially felt Koshi was town for this post, mostly because I agree with a few of the reads.

Namely, I had an early town lean on Banks for how he approached the game with enthusiasm and a burst of activity. While he's been spammy and rather silly at times, I do not see any nefarious motives in the poofter filter. Koshi picked up on this as well, which is a point in his favor.

I also shared a townread on Chairman Ray early on, because his posting showed obvious effort. While I disagree that roundabound has looked scummy, he obviously has a different perspective, and that is not damning. That said, I don't really know how good CR is at playing scum, so there exists the possibility that he could be mafia, which is why I will update my read soon.

I obviously also agreed with Koshi that roundabound looked town, because I've seen Robik post THE EXACT SAME WAY in a game of this size before, and the thread reacted in the exact same way as well. Mocsta is more difficult to read early, but I think Robik's head of the hydra is really town. Also he's high activity/high emotion early on so more townie points in general, outside of the meta comparison.

I agreed with the Chrom read at the time for the same reason Koshi lists; the sinani case was bad and definitely the sort of reaching play a mafia would make early on so he appears to be scumhunting. I haven't read Chrom's filter since, so he is also on my list, though I remember him asking a rather pointless question about my read on him that does not do him any favors.

On June 11 2014 09:02 Koshi wrote:
On June 11 2014 08:53 Tehpoofter wrote:
On June 11 2014 08:51 Koshi wrote:
I voted Tica because I dislike him more. More words does not equal bigger scumread.

I still think my post was pretty good. Reason:
I think my towns are town.
My questionables good pressures points.

I will continue my quest tomorrow.


His recent posts backing up your wolf lean on him? How do you feel about Marv/Sandroba/JaT not liking your post at all? You think thats alignment indicative for any of them?

Also You're doing a poor job of try harding if you make one post a day. Please don't go Cephiro mode on me.

I have no interest in answering too many questions this game. If I dislike their posting you will be notified in future Koshi posts. I noticed Sandroba first dislike of my post was around my townreads not being good enough. After that he replied that my townreads were town but I wasn't when he got backed up by other Koshi - haters. Interesting that was. Probably only "interesting" person out of marv/Jat/Robik/Poofter/Sandroba.

Updates will follow later.


Koshi also notes what he thinks is an incongruity in sandro's posting.

First sandro says this:

On June 11 2014 08:13 sandroba wrote:
koshi half your town reads are baseless and terrible and one of your scum leans town to me. This looks like pretend hard mode.


And then this:

On June 11 2014 08:23 sandroba wrote:
On June 11 2014 08:16 marvellosity wrote:
On June 11 2014 08:15 sandroba wrote:
hi =)

you do realise you're going to have to be super-sexy after your tryhard mode in Catastrophe.

Taking umbrage with that Koshi monstrosity is a good start

No promisses. Not sure if I have the will to read this thread in detail if the amount of shit posting stays on this pace. I hope it's only because it just started.
On June 11 2014 08:16 Koshi wrote:
No sorry my towns are town.

You misunderstand, I'm not I'm not saying they are mafia, I'm saying you are.


While obviously sandro is just saying that Koshi's reasoning for calling his towns town is bad, Koshi thinks (and takes issue with the fact) that sandro is calling his reads bad, which is consistent with how he has posted thus far.

On June 11 2014 08:51 Koshi wrote:
I voted Tica because I dislike him more. More words does not equal bigger scumread.

I still think my post was pretty good. Reason:
I think my towns are town.
My questionables good pressures points.

I will continue my quest tomorrow.


He doesn't seem overly concerned with being wrong about his scumreads. I disagree with sandro that his townreads were terrible. While they appear thin, because Koshi doesn't really go into detail like I do, I actually think there were solid reasons to read those people town at that time, and Koshi picked up on the right posts.

While he's not LOCK CLEAR, he's not my choice for the lynch for today.

You went with meta for your VA read. Do you think Koshis play is in line with his town meta?

Koshi doesn't really play town in any one discernible way, so the argument doesn't really exist that he's "playing different than how he plays town".

I heavily, heavily disagree.

The only thing you've said is that his big post "doesn't seem very townkoshilike"

You need to provide a more substantive argument for him being mafia, because I currently disagree.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
June 11 2014 12:43 GMT
#1113
On June 11 2014 21:39 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 21:37 yamato77 wrote:
On June 11 2014 21:35 justanothertownie wrote:
On June 11 2014 21:33 yamato77 wrote:
On June 11 2014 21:29 justanothertownie wrote:
On June 11 2014 21:26 yamato77 wrote:
RE: Koshi

On June 11 2014 08:03 Koshi wrote:
Town, or not lynchable till D3 for myself:
ObiWanShinobi:
Looks fine for now. Till I found everybody town he is town. + fast vote (not quoted). + optimism about fast vote (not quoted).
+ Show Spoiler +

On June 11 2014 05:50 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
batsnacks is the confirmed town hero for finding palmar so early.

im just gonna sheep him forever.


On June 11 2014 05:51 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 05:49 yamato77 wrote:
There's a nonzero chance that both bat and palmy are wolves


another good point.

god im so confused.

this game is really hard.

can everyone see what im saying? im saying that im really confused because this game is confusing.

shit i hope nobody notices me omg.


On June 11 2014 05:52 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 05:50 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 05:48 Chromatically wrote:
first two people posting claim scum = scum always post first

therefore the first six people to post are scum

gg

Try English.
And Logic.

But, like, seriously, like, what does this, like, even, like, mean?.....Like


roundabout, posting from what appears to be one of the moons of jupiter. very interesting.

hows the weather up there?


On June 11 2014 05:54 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 05:53 Tehpoofter wrote:
On June 11 2014 05:48 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
fuck i got town again.


Gonna have to CC you hear I also rolled town.


hi im poofter and i cannot english someone help




Chairman Ray:
Not an awkward entrance. I am cool with CR. Also a case that looks coming from town .
+ Show Spoiler +
On June 11 2014 05:52 Chairman Ray wrote:
Not everyone who townclaimed is town. I see them posting in my mafia QT. Stop lying guys.

On June 11 2014 06:43 Chairman Ray wrote:
First scumread for me: roundabound

Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:03 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:00 Tehpoofter wrote:
On June 11 2014 05:56 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 05:51 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
On June 11 2014 05:49 yamato77 wrote:
There's a nonzero chance that both bat and palmy are wolves


another good point.

god im so confused.

this game is really hard.

can everyone see what im saying? im saying that im really confused because this game is confusing.

shit i hope nobody notices me omg.

I wanna bait this post so badly and see who is the first to call out obiwan for this shitty shit shitterson of a post because it's so easy to hammer him on the lack of anything logical or tangible here. The post is too scummy to be written by scum


You should have waited to see if anyone would bite you literally waited 5 minutes. Rolling mafia as a hydra must suck, especially since Robik doesn't wolf very well.

##Vote: Roundaboud

I'm impatient Banksy. Plus, I don't know how to bait shit. You know how I play...I just spout whatever the hell comes to my head at the moment. Plus, I think that baiting is kinda silly in general. It's too tough to do properly, and unless people read the post the same way you do, you end up with a shitton of people just thinking that you're scum defending a scum buddy instead of reading you for making a good play.


The self-aware weak player. If you are so knowledgeable that you spout what just comes to your head, why don't you just not do it this game instead of analyzing your own weaknesses? A town player will usually try to not exhibit weaknesses that they are completely aware of, and if they do make a mistake, they will try to justify it post-mistake. This feels like someone trying to create a buffer for their future posts so others will read less into scummy play.

Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:08 roundabound wrote:
Banks, I don't like that you haven't cleared me yet. I'm the easiest read of all fucking time.


I hear this a lot of mafia players when I play live mafia. One of the main benchmarks of skill in mafia is other players not being able to trust if you are town or mafia. It becomes really obvious whether or not a newer player is town or scum, but not the better players. This is another self-aware weak player card that I feel would rarely be played by a town player.

Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:10 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:07 Chromatically wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:04 Tehpoofter wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:01 Holyflare wrote:
Sign your posts bro, also wont be playing till Thursday, cya!


This post is Howling like a boss.

Why?

Also roundabound it makes me sad that you only reply to poofter and not me . What do you think of the people pushing you?

The only person pushing me is Banks. I've only seen him lurk as mafia on TL and I've seen him be active as town. If posting volume drops or if logic fails or if he doesn't clear me at some point, he might be mafia, otherwise, he's town.


Again, he's putting the onus on others to clear him as town. He also prematurely dropped the read on banks that banks is active as town and not so much as mafia. This is something you keep in your mind and say AFTER bank shows that he's active or lurking. Saying this prematurely is an indication that round never had the intention to read into banks.




TehPoofter:
Town for being around joyfully. This post is unlikely comming from scumPoofter. First it is totally random, secondly he promises to spam:
+ Show Spoiler +

On June 11 2014 06:03 Tehpoofter wrote:
Speaking of Wolves and Villages. This Game Recently got to 28000 Posts over on 2p2 we can easily beat that number. We just need to channel are inner spamming, Think Holyflare/Steveling but with ADHD and no sleep schedule. Thats my goal this game.



roundabound:
Not on the lynchtable because is progressing the game. Could be more friendly while doing so though. I do not agree with some of the points he makes and I saw him completely missinterpret a post. But I do'n't think he is scum purposely shitting up the thread so he is town for now.
+ Show Spoiler +

On June 11 2014 06:10 roundabound wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:07 Chromatically wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:04 Tehpoofter wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:01 Holyflare wrote:
Sign your posts bro, also wont be playing till Thursday, cya!


This post is Howling like a boss.

Why?

Also roundabound it makes me sad that you only reply to poofter and not me . What do you think of the people pushing you?

The only person pushing me is Banks. I've only seen him lurk as mafia on TL and I've seen him be active as town. If posting volume drops or if logic fails or if he doesn't clear me at some point, he might be mafia, otherwise, he's town.


On June 11 2014 05:53 roundabound wrote:
This is a really weird reaction from Palmar.

If he claims to want to be mafia and rolls town, I think the reaction would be "fuck, I rolled town this sucks", not "fuck I got my role". Obviously he can't just say "SWEET, I GOT MAFIA," but I feel like he'd express more disappointment about rolling town after the first post.

Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 05:41 Palmar wrote:
On June 11 2014 05:30 batsnacks wrote:
I didn't get my role yet.

Scumclaim. I know I'm mafia because I requested it and I also know I haven't received my role, so I can only assume that mafia gets roles sent last.

Nailed you, bitch.


Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 05:45 Palmar wrote:
Fuck I got my role. I don't even know what it does. brb.



On June 11 2014 06:24 roundabound wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:22 Chromatically wrote:
Sinani is mafia for coming into the thread and asking a totally useless question to try to insert himself into the conversation.
On June 11 2014 06:15 sinani206 wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:14 batsnacks wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:13 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:09 batsnacks wrote:
He's using nicknames to confuse you = mafia tactic

Please stop dropping terrible logic. I called "killing123" by his real name the entirety of Foundations. I've called "Poofter" by his name every game that I've played with him. If you played video maf with us, you'd probably be prone to doing the same.


Again 0% of this post concerns this game... I'm reading it as a blank post.


what was your post then


Also this sounds like some sort of secret scum code so that pretty much seals the deal.
On June 11 2014 06:16 sinani206 wrote:
the deepest one in the nest


##Vote: sinani206

You think that sinani posting that is worse than batsnacks not being able to respond and disprove the fact that he's done jack shit? The lack of logic this game so far is baffling.

On June 11 2014 06:27 roundabound wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:24 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:22 Chromatically wrote:
Sinani is mafia for coming into the thread and asking a totally useless question to try to insert himself into the conversation.
On June 11 2014 06:15 sinani206 wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:14 batsnacks wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:13 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:09 batsnacks wrote:
He's using nicknames to confuse you = mafia tactic

Please stop dropping terrible logic. I called "killing123" by his real name the entirety of Foundations. I've called "Poofter" by his name every game that I've played with him. If you played video maf with us, you'd probably be prone to doing the same.


Again 0% of this post concerns this game... I'm reading it as a blank post.


what was your post then


Also this sounds like some sort of secret scum code so that pretty much seals the deal.
On June 11 2014 06:16 sinani206 wrote:
the deepest one in the nest


##Vote: sinani206

You think that sinani posting that is worse than batsnacks not being able to respond and disprove the fact that he's done jack shit? The lack of logic this game so far is baffling.

Sinani asked batsnacks what batsnacks has done all game. He wasn't able to answer the question and he disappeared.

Batsnacks says that he's voting me because he hates hydras. He then goes on to soft push on me by saying shit like "this post isn't about this game so it doesn't mean anything" trying to justify his stupid vote





awkward corner aka might lynch will watch:
Chromatically:
I don't like how he entered the thread. I don't like how he pushing sinani so hard. I don't like it because I don't see it. I can see the point he makes about entering the game with a pointless question trying to blend in. But I don't like how Chrom is blowing these questions up trying to twist it into mafia mindset. Did sinani enter the thread with a question? yes. Did it show mafia mindset. No. The question he asked JAT wasn't what Chrom is making it out to be. It was a pretty legit question. Somebody votes for Robik --> Robik replies --> Somebody says Robik is overdefensive --> sinani doesn't agree that Robik was overdefensive. I have now read Sinani his filter three times. I am puzzled by his filter. I do not see how Chrom can have such a strong scumread on Sinani that he is asking everybody to sheep him.

tldr: Awkward entrance + Too strong scumread.
+ Show Spoiler +

On June 11 2014 05:48 Chromatically wrote:
first two people posting claim scum = scum always post first

therefore the first six people to post are scum

gg

On June 11 2014 05:50 Chromatically wrote:
Oh yeah I'm also town, in case anyone was wondering.

Now we just need the rest of the game to claim and we should be good.

On June 11 2014 06:22 Chromatically wrote:
Sinani is mafia for coming into the thread and asking a totally useless question to try to insert himself into the conversation.
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:15 sinani206 wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:14 batsnacks wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:13 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:09 batsnacks wrote:
He's using nicknames to confuse you = mafia tactic

Please stop dropping terrible logic. I called "killing123" by his real name the entirety of Foundations. I've called "Poofter" by his name every game that I've played with him. If you played video maf with us, you'd probably be prone to doing the same.


Again 0% of this post concerns this game... I'm reading it as a blank post.


what was your post then


Also this sounds like some sort of secret scum code so that pretty much seals the deal.
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:16 sinani206 wrote:
the deepest one in the nest


##Vote: sinani206



TicaTica:
Entrance to the thread with a soft defense, a one-liner that looks extremely hard like an attempt to get towncred from those who he defends. the intention behind the entire post screams: Hi guys, I am town because I am helping. The buddying with marv makes me uncomfortable. Rest of filter is filler.
+ Show Spoiler +

On June 11 2014 06:49 TicaTica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:22 Chromatically wrote:
Sinani is mafia for coming into the thread and asking a totally useless question to try to insert himself into the conversation.
On June 11 2014 06:15 sinani206 wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:14 batsnacks wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:13 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:09 batsnacks wrote:
He's using nicknames to confuse you = mafia tactic

Please stop dropping terrible logic. I called "killing123" by his real name the entirety of Foundations. I've called "Poofter" by his name every game that I've played with him. If you played video maf with us, you'd probably be prone to doing the same.


Again 0% of this post concerns this game... I'm reading it as a blank post.


what was your post then


Also this sounds like some sort of secret scum code so that pretty much seals the deal.
On June 11 2014 06:16 sinani206 wrote:
the deepest one in the nest


##Vote: sinani206

Nisani und sinani be known lurkers irregardless of randed roll.


On June 11 2014 06:54 TicaTica wrote:
Marvelocity potential is villagery. Would be benefit if hydra heads were both to talk. Plammer is inherent wolfy.


On June 11 2014 07:06 TicaTica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 07:04 marvellosity wrote:
On June 11 2014 07:01 justanothertownie wrote:
On June 11 2014 07:00 marvellosity wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:57 justanothertownie wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:56 marvellosity wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:55 justanothertownie wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:50 sinani206 wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:46 Chromatically wrote:
Sinani what do you think of JAT?


Mostly one-liners and wishy washy, I don't really have time right now to quote because I have a meeting at 2:50 but if he keeps this kind of useless posting up I can see a chance of him being red.

In this post sinani basically gives a null read on me. His reasoning can be used for almost 100 % of the players in this game.
I think he added the part with the "chance of being red" to create the illusion that his question towards me had something to do with scumhunting -> tries to get Chrom off his ass.

and therefore your conclusion?

I think it's kinda scummy.

I tend to agree, "if he keeps this up i can see a chance of him being red" is like so many layers of qualifiers :p

on the other hand i'm pretty taken aback that sinani is posting volumously at all. that's a turn up for the books.

Well, is it alignment indicative though? I never played with him afaik.

well i'd expect a mafia-sinani not to bother. that's like a teensy lean though.

Am surprised your not pushing this thought more. -villagry points to mar velocity.



##vote: TicaTica


I initially felt Koshi was town for this post, mostly because I agree with a few of the reads.

Namely, I had an early town lean on Banks for how he approached the game with enthusiasm and a burst of activity. While he's been spammy and rather silly at times, I do not see any nefarious motives in the poofter filter. Koshi picked up on this as well, which is a point in his favor.

I also shared a townread on Chairman Ray early on, because his posting showed obvious effort. While I disagree that roundabound has looked scummy, he obviously has a different perspective, and that is not damning. That said, I don't really know how good CR is at playing scum, so there exists the possibility that he could be mafia, which is why I will update my read soon.

I obviously also agreed with Koshi that roundabound looked town, because I've seen Robik post THE EXACT SAME WAY in a game of this size before, and the thread reacted in the exact same way as well. Mocsta is more difficult to read early, but I think Robik's head of the hydra is really town. Also he's high activity/high emotion early on so more townie points in general, outside of the meta comparison.

I agreed with the Chrom read at the time for the same reason Koshi lists; the sinani case was bad and definitely the sort of reaching play a mafia would make early on so he appears to be scumhunting. I haven't read Chrom's filter since, so he is also on my list, though I remember him asking a rather pointless question about my read on him that does not do him any favors.

On June 11 2014 09:02 Koshi wrote:
On June 11 2014 08:53 Tehpoofter wrote:
On June 11 2014 08:51 Koshi wrote:
I voted Tica because I dislike him more. More words does not equal bigger scumread.

I still think my post was pretty good. Reason:
I think my towns are town.
My questionables good pressures points.

I will continue my quest tomorrow.


His recent posts backing up your wolf lean on him? How do you feel about Marv/Sandroba/JaT not liking your post at all? You think thats alignment indicative for any of them?

Also You're doing a poor job of try harding if you make one post a day. Please don't go Cephiro mode on me.

I have no interest in answering too many questions this game. If I dislike their posting you will be notified in future Koshi posts. I noticed Sandroba first dislike of my post was around my townreads not being good enough. After that he replied that my townreads were town but I wasn't when he got backed up by other Koshi - haters. Interesting that was. Probably only "interesting" person out of marv/Jat/Robik/Poofter/Sandroba.

Updates will follow later.


Koshi also notes what he thinks is an incongruity in sandro's posting.

First sandro says this:

On June 11 2014 08:13 sandroba wrote:
koshi half your town reads are baseless and terrible and one of your scum leans town to me. This looks like pretend hard mode.


And then this:

On June 11 2014 08:23 sandroba wrote:
On June 11 2014 08:16 marvellosity wrote:
On June 11 2014 08:15 sandroba wrote:
hi =)

you do realise you're going to have to be super-sexy after your tryhard mode in Catastrophe.

Taking umbrage with that Koshi monstrosity is a good start

No promisses. Not sure if I have the will to read this thread in detail if the amount of shit posting stays on this pace. I hope it's only because it just started.
On June 11 2014 08:16 Koshi wrote:
No sorry my towns are town.

You misunderstand, I'm not I'm not saying they are mafia, I'm saying you are.


While obviously sandro is just saying that Koshi's reasoning for calling his towns town is bad, Koshi thinks (and takes issue with the fact) that sandro is calling his reads bad, which is consistent with how he has posted thus far.

On June 11 2014 08:51 Koshi wrote:
I voted Tica because I dislike him more. More words does not equal bigger scumread.

I still think my post was pretty good. Reason:
I think my towns are town.
My questionables good pressures points.

I will continue my quest tomorrow.


He doesn't seem overly concerned with being wrong about his scumreads. I disagree with sandro that his townreads were terrible. While they appear thin, because Koshi doesn't really go into detail like I do, I actually think there were solid reasons to read those people town at that time, and Koshi picked up on the right posts.

While he's not LOCK CLEAR, he's not my choice for the lynch for today.

You went with meta for your VA read. Do you think Koshis play is in line with his town meta?

Koshi doesn't really play town in any one discernible way, so the argument doesn't really exist that he's "playing different than how he plays town".

I heavily, heavily disagree.

The only thing you've said is that his big post "doesn't seem very townkoshilike"

You need to provide a more substantive argument for him being mafia, because I currently disagree.

There are many little things that could be listed and I don't care to do it but a main point is that the townkoshi I know interacts with the thread.


Does it not occur to you that he's playing different than his usual game intentionally? It's the first thing I thought when I saw "tryhard filter starts here"
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
June 11 2014 12:46 GMT
#1115
On June 11 2014 21:44 marvellosity wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 21:43 yamato77 wrote:
On June 11 2014 21:39 justanothertownie wrote:
On June 11 2014 21:37 yamato77 wrote:
On June 11 2014 21:35 justanothertownie wrote:
On June 11 2014 21:33 yamato77 wrote:
On June 11 2014 21:29 justanothertownie wrote:
On June 11 2014 21:26 yamato77 wrote:
RE: Koshi

On June 11 2014 08:03 Koshi wrote:
Town, or not lynchable till D3 for myself:
ObiWanShinobi:
Looks fine for now. Till I found everybody town he is town. + fast vote (not quoted). + optimism about fast vote (not quoted).
+ Show Spoiler +

On June 11 2014 05:50 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
batsnacks is the confirmed town hero for finding palmar so early.

im just gonna sheep him forever.


On June 11 2014 05:51 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 05:49 yamato77 wrote:
There's a nonzero chance that both bat and palmy are wolves


another good point.

god im so confused.

this game is really hard.

can everyone see what im saying? im saying that im really confused because this game is confusing.

shit i hope nobody notices me omg.


On June 11 2014 05:52 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 05:50 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 05:48 Chromatically wrote:
first two people posting claim scum = scum always post first

therefore the first six people to post are scum

gg

Try English.
And Logic.

But, like, seriously, like, what does this, like, even, like, mean?.....Like


roundabout, posting from what appears to be one of the moons of jupiter. very interesting.

hows the weather up there?


On June 11 2014 05:54 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 05:53 Tehpoofter wrote:
On June 11 2014 05:48 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
fuck i got town again.


Gonna have to CC you hear I also rolled town.


hi im poofter and i cannot english someone help




Chairman Ray:
Not an awkward entrance. I am cool with CR. Also a case that looks coming from town .
+ Show Spoiler +
On June 11 2014 05:52 Chairman Ray wrote:
Not everyone who townclaimed is town. I see them posting in my mafia QT. Stop lying guys.

On June 11 2014 06:43 Chairman Ray wrote:
First scumread for me: roundabound

Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:03 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:00 Tehpoofter wrote:
On June 11 2014 05:56 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 05:51 ObiWanShinobi wrote:
On June 11 2014 05:49 yamato77 wrote:
There's a nonzero chance that both bat and palmy are wolves


another good point.

god im so confused.

this game is really hard.

can everyone see what im saying? im saying that im really confused because this game is confusing.

shit i hope nobody notices me omg.

I wanna bait this post so badly and see who is the first to call out obiwan for this shitty shit shitterson of a post because it's so easy to hammer him on the lack of anything logical or tangible here. The post is too scummy to be written by scum


You should have waited to see if anyone would bite you literally waited 5 minutes. Rolling mafia as a hydra must suck, especially since Robik doesn't wolf very well.

##Vote: Roundaboud

I'm impatient Banksy. Plus, I don't know how to bait shit. You know how I play...I just spout whatever the hell comes to my head at the moment. Plus, I think that baiting is kinda silly in general. It's too tough to do properly, and unless people read the post the same way you do, you end up with a shitton of people just thinking that you're scum defending a scum buddy instead of reading you for making a good play.


The self-aware weak player. If you are so knowledgeable that you spout what just comes to your head, why don't you just not do it this game instead of analyzing your own weaknesses? A town player will usually try to not exhibit weaknesses that they are completely aware of, and if they do make a mistake, they will try to justify it post-mistake. This feels like someone trying to create a buffer for their future posts so others will read less into scummy play.

Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:08 roundabound wrote:
Banks, I don't like that you haven't cleared me yet. I'm the easiest read of all fucking time.


I hear this a lot of mafia players when I play live mafia. One of the main benchmarks of skill in mafia is other players not being able to trust if you are town or mafia. It becomes really obvious whether or not a newer player is town or scum, but not the better players. This is another self-aware weak player card that I feel would rarely be played by a town player.

Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:10 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:07 Chromatically wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:04 Tehpoofter wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:01 Holyflare wrote:
Sign your posts bro, also wont be playing till Thursday, cya!


This post is Howling like a boss.

Why?

Also roundabound it makes me sad that you only reply to poofter and not me . What do you think of the people pushing you?

The only person pushing me is Banks. I've only seen him lurk as mafia on TL and I've seen him be active as town. If posting volume drops or if logic fails or if he doesn't clear me at some point, he might be mafia, otherwise, he's town.


Again, he's putting the onus on others to clear him as town. He also prematurely dropped the read on banks that banks is active as town and not so much as mafia. This is something you keep in your mind and say AFTER bank shows that he's active or lurking. Saying this prematurely is an indication that round never had the intention to read into banks.




TehPoofter:
Town for being around joyfully. This post is unlikely comming from scumPoofter. First it is totally random, secondly he promises to spam:
+ Show Spoiler +

On June 11 2014 06:03 Tehpoofter wrote:
Speaking of Wolves and Villages. This Game Recently got to 28000 Posts over on 2p2 we can easily beat that number. We just need to channel are inner spamming, Think Holyflare/Steveling but with ADHD and no sleep schedule. Thats my goal this game.



roundabound:
Not on the lynchtable because is progressing the game. Could be more friendly while doing so though. I do not agree with some of the points he makes and I saw him completely missinterpret a post. But I do'n't think he is scum purposely shitting up the thread so he is town for now.
+ Show Spoiler +

On June 11 2014 06:10 roundabound wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:07 Chromatically wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:04 Tehpoofter wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:01 Holyflare wrote:
Sign your posts bro, also wont be playing till Thursday, cya!


This post is Howling like a boss.

Why?

Also roundabound it makes me sad that you only reply to poofter and not me . What do you think of the people pushing you?

The only person pushing me is Banks. I've only seen him lurk as mafia on TL and I've seen him be active as town. If posting volume drops or if logic fails or if he doesn't clear me at some point, he might be mafia, otherwise, he's town.


On June 11 2014 05:53 roundabound wrote:
This is a really weird reaction from Palmar.

If he claims to want to be mafia and rolls town, I think the reaction would be "fuck, I rolled town this sucks", not "fuck I got my role". Obviously he can't just say "SWEET, I GOT MAFIA," but I feel like he'd express more disappointment about rolling town after the first post.

Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 05:41 Palmar wrote:
On June 11 2014 05:30 batsnacks wrote:
I didn't get my role yet.

Scumclaim. I know I'm mafia because I requested it and I also know I haven't received my role, so I can only assume that mafia gets roles sent last.

Nailed you, bitch.


Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 05:45 Palmar wrote:
Fuck I got my role. I don't even know what it does. brb.



On June 11 2014 06:24 roundabound wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:22 Chromatically wrote:
Sinani is mafia for coming into the thread and asking a totally useless question to try to insert himself into the conversation.
On June 11 2014 06:15 sinani206 wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:14 batsnacks wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:13 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:09 batsnacks wrote:
He's using nicknames to confuse you = mafia tactic

Please stop dropping terrible logic. I called "killing123" by his real name the entirety of Foundations. I've called "Poofter" by his name every game that I've played with him. If you played video maf with us, you'd probably be prone to doing the same.


Again 0% of this post concerns this game... I'm reading it as a blank post.


what was your post then


Also this sounds like some sort of secret scum code so that pretty much seals the deal.
On June 11 2014 06:16 sinani206 wrote:
the deepest one in the nest


##Vote: sinani206

You think that sinani posting that is worse than batsnacks not being able to respond and disprove the fact that he's done jack shit? The lack of logic this game so far is baffling.

On June 11 2014 06:27 roundabound wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:24 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:22 Chromatically wrote:
Sinani is mafia for coming into the thread and asking a totally useless question to try to insert himself into the conversation.
On June 11 2014 06:15 sinani206 wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:14 batsnacks wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:13 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:09 batsnacks wrote:
He's using nicknames to confuse you = mafia tactic

Please stop dropping terrible logic. I called "killing123" by his real name the entirety of Foundations. I've called "Poofter" by his name every game that I've played with him. If you played video maf with us, you'd probably be prone to doing the same.


Again 0% of this post concerns this game... I'm reading it as a blank post.


what was your post then


Also this sounds like some sort of secret scum code so that pretty much seals the deal.
On June 11 2014 06:16 sinani206 wrote:
the deepest one in the nest


##Vote: sinani206

You think that sinani posting that is worse than batsnacks not being able to respond and disprove the fact that he's done jack shit? The lack of logic this game so far is baffling.

Sinani asked batsnacks what batsnacks has done all game. He wasn't able to answer the question and he disappeared.

Batsnacks says that he's voting me because he hates hydras. He then goes on to soft push on me by saying shit like "this post isn't about this game so it doesn't mean anything" trying to justify his stupid vote





awkward corner aka might lynch will watch:
Chromatically:
I don't like how he entered the thread. I don't like how he pushing sinani so hard. I don't like it because I don't see it. I can see the point he makes about entering the game with a pointless question trying to blend in. But I don't like how Chrom is blowing these questions up trying to twist it into mafia mindset. Did sinani enter the thread with a question? yes. Did it show mafia mindset. No. The question he asked JAT wasn't what Chrom is making it out to be. It was a pretty legit question. Somebody votes for Robik --> Robik replies --> Somebody says Robik is overdefensive --> sinani doesn't agree that Robik was overdefensive. I have now read Sinani his filter three times. I am puzzled by his filter. I do not see how Chrom can have such a strong scumread on Sinani that he is asking everybody to sheep him.

tldr: Awkward entrance + Too strong scumread.
+ Show Spoiler +

On June 11 2014 05:48 Chromatically wrote:
first two people posting claim scum = scum always post first

therefore the first six people to post are scum

gg

On June 11 2014 05:50 Chromatically wrote:
Oh yeah I'm also town, in case anyone was wondering.

Now we just need the rest of the game to claim and we should be good.

On June 11 2014 06:22 Chromatically wrote:
Sinani is mafia for coming into the thread and asking a totally useless question to try to insert himself into the conversation.
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:15 sinani206 wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:14 batsnacks wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:13 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:09 batsnacks wrote:
He's using nicknames to confuse you = mafia tactic

Please stop dropping terrible logic. I called "killing123" by his real name the entirety of Foundations. I've called "Poofter" by his name every game that I've played with him. If you played video maf with us, you'd probably be prone to doing the same.


Again 0% of this post concerns this game... I'm reading it as a blank post.


what was your post then


Also this sounds like some sort of secret scum code so that pretty much seals the deal.
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:16 sinani206 wrote:
the deepest one in the nest


##Vote: sinani206



TicaTica:
Entrance to the thread with a soft defense, a one-liner that looks extremely hard like an attempt to get towncred from those who he defends. the intention behind the entire post screams: Hi guys, I am town because I am helping. The buddying with marv makes me uncomfortable. Rest of filter is filler.
+ Show Spoiler +

On June 11 2014 06:49 TicaTica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 06:22 Chromatically wrote:
Sinani is mafia for coming into the thread and asking a totally useless question to try to insert himself into the conversation.
On June 11 2014 06:15 sinani206 wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:14 batsnacks wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:13 roundabound wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:09 batsnacks wrote:
He's using nicknames to confuse you = mafia tactic

Please stop dropping terrible logic. I called "killing123" by his real name the entirety of Foundations. I've called "Poofter" by his name every game that I've played with him. If you played video maf with us, you'd probably be prone to doing the same.


Again 0% of this post concerns this game... I'm reading it as a blank post.


what was your post then


Also this sounds like some sort of secret scum code so that pretty much seals the deal.
On June 11 2014 06:16 sinani206 wrote:
the deepest one in the nest


##Vote: sinani206

Nisani und sinani be known lurkers irregardless of randed roll.


On June 11 2014 06:54 TicaTica wrote:
Marvelocity potential is villagery. Would be benefit if hydra heads were both to talk. Plammer is inherent wolfy.


On June 11 2014 07:06 TicaTica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On June 11 2014 07:04 marvellosity wrote:
On June 11 2014 07:01 justanothertownie wrote:
On June 11 2014 07:00 marvellosity wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:57 justanothertownie wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:56 marvellosity wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:55 justanothertownie wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:50 sinani206 wrote:
On June 11 2014 06:46 Chromatically wrote:
Sinani what do you think of JAT?


Mostly one-liners and wishy washy, I don't really have time right now to quote because I have a meeting at 2:50 but if he keeps this kind of useless posting up I can see a chance of him being red.

In this post sinani basically gives a null read on me. His reasoning can be used for almost 100 % of the players in this game.
I think he added the part with the "chance of being red" to create the illusion that his question towards me had something to do with scumhunting -> tries to get Chrom off his ass.

and therefore your conclusion?

I think it's kinda scummy.

I tend to agree, "if he keeps this up i can see a chance of him being red" is like so many layers of qualifiers :p

on the other hand i'm pretty taken aback that sinani is posting volumously at all. that's a turn up for the books.

Well, is it alignment indicative though? I never played with him afaik.

well i'd expect a mafia-sinani not to bother. that's like a teensy lean though.

Am surprised your not pushing this thought more. -villagry points to mar velocity.



##vote: TicaTica


I initially felt Koshi was town for this post, mostly because I agree with a few of the reads.

Namely, I had an early town lean on Banks for how he approached the game with enthusiasm and a burst of activity. While he's been spammy and rather silly at times, I do not see any nefarious motives in the poofter filter. Koshi picked up on this as well, which is a point in his favor.

I also shared a townread on Chairman Ray early on, because his posting showed obvious effort. While I disagree that roundabound has looked scummy, he obviously has a different perspective, and that is not damning. That said, I don't really know how good CR is at playing scum, so there exists the possibility that he could be mafia, which is why I will update my read soon.

I obviously also agreed with Koshi that roundabound looked town, because I've seen Robik post THE EXACT SAME WAY in a game of this size before, and the thread reacted in the exact same way as well. Mocsta is more difficult to read early, but I think Robik's head of the hydra is really town. Also he's high activity/high emotion early on so more townie points in general, outside of the meta comparison.

I agreed with the Chrom read at the time for the same reason Koshi lists; the sinani case was bad and definitely the sort of reaching play a mafia would make early on so he appears to be scumhunting. I haven't read Chrom's filter since, so he is also on my list, though I remember him asking a rather pointless question about my read on him that does not do him any favors.

On June 11 2014 09:02 Koshi wrote:
On June 11 2014 08:53 Tehpoofter wrote:
[quote]

His recent posts backing up your wolf lean on him? How do you feel about Marv/Sandroba/JaT not liking your post at all? You think thats alignment indicative for any of them?

Also You're doing a poor job of try harding if you make one post a day. Please don't go Cephiro mode on me.

I have no interest in answering too many questions this game. If I dislike their posting you will be notified in future Koshi posts. I noticed Sandroba first dislike of my post was around my townreads not being good enough. After that he replied that my townreads were town but I wasn't when he got backed up by other Koshi - haters. Interesting that was. Probably only "interesting" person out of marv/Jat/Robik/Poofter/Sandroba.

Updates will follow later.


Koshi also notes what he thinks is an incongruity in sandro's posting.

First sandro says this:

On June 11 2014 08:13 sandroba wrote:
koshi half your town reads are baseless and terrible and one of your scum leans town to me. This looks like pretend hard mode.


And then this:

On June 11 2014 08:23 sandroba wrote:
On June 11 2014 08:16 marvellosity wrote:
[quote]
you do realise you're going to have to be super-sexy after your tryhard mode in Catastrophe.

Taking umbrage with that Koshi monstrosity is a good start

No promisses. Not sure if I have the will to read this thread in detail if the amount of shit posting stays on this pace. I hope it's only because it just started.
On June 11 2014 08:16 Koshi wrote:
No sorry my towns are town.

You misunderstand, I'm not I'm not saying they are mafia, I'm saying you are.


While obviously sandro is just saying that Koshi's reasoning for calling his towns town is bad, Koshi thinks (and takes issue with the fact) that sandro is calling his reads bad, which is consistent with how he has posted thus far.

On June 11 2014 08:51 Koshi wrote:
I voted Tica because I dislike him more. More words does not equal bigger scumread.

I still think my post was pretty good. Reason:
I think my towns are town.
My questionables good pressures points.

I will continue my quest tomorrow.


He doesn't seem overly concerned with being wrong about his scumreads. I disagree with sandro that his townreads were terrible. While they appear thin, because Koshi doesn't really go into detail like I do, I actually think there were solid reasons to read those people town at that time, and Koshi picked up on the right posts.

While he's not LOCK CLEAR, he's not my choice for the lynch for today.

You went with meta for your VA read. Do you think Koshis play is in line with his town meta?

Koshi doesn't really play town in any one discernible way, so the argument doesn't really exist that he's "playing different than how he plays town".

I heavily, heavily disagree.

The only thing you've said is that his big post "doesn't seem very townkoshilike"

You need to provide a more substantive argument for him being mafia, because I currently disagree.

There are many little things that could be listed and I don't care to do it but a main point is that the townkoshi I know interacts with the thread.


Does it not occur to you that he's playing different than his usual game intentionally? It's the first thing I thought when I saw "tryhard filter starts here"

he writes stuff like that all the time at beginning of games

Do you think he's playing so vastly different from his towngame as to invalidate the actually legitimate reads I believe he had?
Writer@WriterYamato
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
OSC
22:00
King of the Hill #264
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
OGKoka 248
MaxPax 154
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 65621
Calm 3667
Shuttle 3170
FanTaSy 1600
Bisu 1574
EffOrt 529
Mini 451
Soma 413
Rush 340
Stork 327
[ Show more ]
Hyuk 274
firebathero 248
Light 222
Snow 179
ZerO 151
Last 144
Soulkey 136
actioN 115
Zeus 103
Barracks 100
Killer 72
Sea.KH 64
Dewaltoss 61
hero 57
Mong 56
Pusan 50
Shinee 46
Hyun 43
Bale 33
ToSsGirL 33
Free 28
Shine 28
Yoon 27
sorry 25
PianO 22
Aegong 20
Sharp 20
yabsab 16
zelot 16
HiyA 12
Sacsri 11
Icarus 6
Noble 6
Dota 2
Gorgc6676
Dendi814
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1324
kRYSTAL_124
Heroes of the Storm
Lowko440
Other Games
gofns41221
singsing2110
B2W.Neo671
hiko426
byalli324
crisheroes299
DeMusliM226
Livibee196
Hui .168
Liquid`VortiX108
Rex96
Mew2King95
ZerO(Twitch)10
Organizations
StarCraft 2
IntoTheiNu 1213
Other Games
BasetradeTV210
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 6
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 29
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
OSC
8h 34m
Replay Cast
9h 19m
OSC
1d 9h
Big Brain Bouts
1d 20h
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
2 days
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
[ Show More ]
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
PiGosaur Cup
5 days
The PondCast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.