• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 16:05
CEST 22:05
KST 05:05
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror6[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War645.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups $3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 547 Temple Of Terror Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Mineral Boosting (2 workers/patch) ChatGPT cheats at StarSkirmish SCAI tournament BW General Discussion Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25!
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
The Link Between Gaming and …
TrAiDoS
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10903 users

Glory Seeker Mini Mafia - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
May 05 2014 02:47 GMT
#141
I don't see how that's a slip.
Spectaticle
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
May 05 2014 02:54 GMT
#144
I was pretty clearly joking around about lurking. I think I'm the most active player in the game thus far.

What, you're actually gonna try to lynch me because I pretended/joked about lurking?
Spectaticle
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
May 05 2014 03:01 GMT
#148
I'm sweating?

I'm just about ready for this game to kick off, so let's start playing/arguing and such.
Spectaticle
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
May 05 2014 03:08 GMT
#150
On May 05 2014 12:00 Tehpoofter wrote:
@Cav whyd you choose Steve over Vivax or anyone else?

@Steve what character is Cav?


At first glace, I figured this was setup like Mafiascum, where when someone hits majority they get lynched. I didn't want to put Vivax at L-2 because we were goofing off.

I'm still not entirely sure if that's how it works, but that's my best guess.
Spectaticle
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
May 05 2014 03:13 GMT
#151
(Also is Locke cool guys idk I don't watch Game of Thrones)
Spectaticle
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
May 05 2014 17:38 GMT
#257
On May 06 2014 01:15 Holyflare wrote:
However, I do note that the differences between Titanic and here is that Vivax "wants to know more" here, whereas he states in Titanic things are fact. Which brings me to Koshi's response.

I want him to answer this first before I go to any conclusions but it was a super odd response after just berating people for calling cav suspicious:

Show nested quote +
On May 06 2014 00:18 Holyflare wrote:
On May 05 2014 20:56 Koshi wrote:
I don't see why it is scummy. I don't understand how everybody takes everything serious what Cav did and tries to spin it into something scummy.

On May 05 2014 21:11 Koshi wrote:
that actually sounds smart.



koshi if that's the reason vivax came up with for disliking cav's reply and you liked his response then what did you LIKE about it in the first place to write this?



Why does anyone have to like anything about my post in the first place?

It was a post I made when everyone was goofing off, and then all of a sudden I start watching out for L-2 botes and I'm the most suspicious guy in the thread? Wtf? How is that even a logical conclusion to jump to at all?

I do want to hear more from Koshi I guess, but Vivax is super suspicious to me right now. Steveling is doing silly shit too, but is pushing a possible inconsistency. I can see his line of thinking making sense, albeit being incorrect.

Vivax is twisting shit. Why would I bother mentioning you at all in a joke post? Why would I willingly just put you at L-2 for no reason whatsoever, off of yet another joke post? Furthermore, why would I need to justify myself when the case on you is obviously fake? What are you trying to pull?
Spectaticle
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
May 05 2014 17:45 GMT
#258
@Oats

Why do you feel like HF is trying too hard to be funny? I felt like his silly cases early game were meant to get discussion going and get the game started instead of having us joke about Game of Thrones and shit.

And what does chainsaw defending have to do with anything? Why is it bad? I don't understand your line of thinking at all.
Spectaticle
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
May 05 2014 18:53 GMT
#263
Yeah, I'm bored.

You wanna make out?
Spectaticle
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
May 05 2014 22:32 GMT
#296
On May 06 2014 06:17 Vivax wrote:
I just wanted to know more about that post. What was serious and whatnot, hence I find it quite a bit of overreaction from Cava to give me "super suspicion" and say I'm twisting things cause I stated my thoughts about his post (upon request!) without even being judgmental about him.

It's not like I'm sure about his alignment yet, neither about Holyflare's, but the latter seems to follow a very aggressive approach to the game and that gives me neg vibes. Anyway gonna give some of my thoughts about the two now.

If you're town and look at the posts I made about Cava, think for a moment how you would see them and suggest how you would react if you were in the place of Cava (who never showed a sign of wanting to vote for me). Would you instacall me scum and say i'm twisting or try to make clear it was a full joke post and that you think it's actually townie?

Cause I don't call him scum, I don't say he's twisting things, I simply say that I found his post defensive, giving a reason for something that in his eyes should be trivial since it stems from a joke, a reason that at the same time allows him to not give a read on me (hence evasive).

He doesn't have to agree with the same logic, but does the logic I use at the same time make me scum for using it? That pattern of thinking is missing in Cava's response as I see other people being able to at least understand my point of view, of which I don't claim that it constitutes ultimately damning evidence.

Regarding HF a lot is cause of the reasons he's pushing Oats with. Oats sometimes gets misunderstood or misreads or doesn't make something incredibly clear, so pointing out inconsistencies and calling his mistakes or wrong representations lies, as in scummy lies shouldn't be applied while it could be applied to a player who doesn't make such mistakes as town often.

With Oats you have to is look at his attitude. He's really passive as mafia and in your face as town as I think that is the case in this game. I know it's very subjective (I think LXI and Doctor Who 1 he was scum and I played with him) but maybe somebody else can confirm (Koshi and thrawn maybe can) but I feel confident to say he shouldn't be lynched today.


I think a combination of tone and a logical leap (asking more about a post that others have found relatively towny because I didn't include you in it) made me think less of you at the time. The only thing I really don't like about this post is that I feel like you're martyring yourself by saying "wtf Cav thinks I'm scummy how dare he."

I still don't understand why you would expect me to give a read of you based off of nothing. I don't feel like any of my reads are relatively strong with the exception of HF, and even then I wouldn't put money on what I currently think of him. If I even had to give anyone a read on you right now...I'd say it's rather null for the moment. I don't think "suspicious" warrants the same response as "I'm going to vote you and push you until you die." There's a clear difference between the two, and I feel like this post was made, in part, to make me look bad.

Maybe I'm overreacting, maybe I'm not. I don't really know what to think of you yet. I think you're null...For the moment.
Spectaticle
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
May 05 2014 22:47 GMT
#299
On May 06 2014 07:41 Holyflare wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 06 2014 07:32 Cavalinho wrote:
On May 06 2014 06:17 Vivax wrote:
I just wanted to know more about that post. What was serious and whatnot, hence I find it quite a bit of overreaction from Cava to give me "super suspicion" and say I'm twisting things cause I stated my thoughts about his post (upon request!) without even being judgmental about him.

It's not like I'm sure about his alignment yet, neither about Holyflare's, but the latter seems to follow a very aggressive approach to the game and that gives me neg vibes. Anyway gonna give some of my thoughts about the two now.

If you're town and look at the posts I made about Cava, think for a moment how you would see them and suggest how you would react if you were in the place of Cava (who never showed a sign of wanting to vote for me). Would you instacall me scum and say i'm twisting or try to make clear it was a full joke post and that you think it's actually townie?

Cause I don't call him scum, I don't say he's twisting things, I simply say that I found his post defensive, giving a reason for something that in his eyes should be trivial since it stems from a joke, a reason that at the same time allows him to not give a read on me (hence evasive).

He doesn't have to agree with the same logic, but does the logic I use at the same time make me scum for using it? That pattern of thinking is missing in Cava's response as I see other people being able to at least understand my point of view, of which I don't claim that it constitutes ultimately damning evidence.

Regarding HF a lot is cause of the reasons he's pushing Oats with. Oats sometimes gets misunderstood or misreads or doesn't make something incredibly clear, so pointing out inconsistencies and calling his mistakes or wrong representations lies, as in scummy lies shouldn't be applied while it could be applied to a player who doesn't make such mistakes as town often.

With Oats you have to is look at his attitude. He's really passive as mafia and in your face as town as I think that is the case in this game. I know it's very subjective (I think LXI and Doctor Who 1 he was scum and I played with him) but maybe somebody else can confirm (Koshi and thrawn maybe can) but I feel confident to say he shouldn't be lynched today.


I think a combination of tone and a logical leap (asking more about a post that others have found relatively towny because I didn't include you in it) made me think less of you at the time. The only thing I really don't like about this post is that I feel like you're martyring yourself by saying "wtf Cav thinks I'm scummy how dare he."

I still don't understand why you would expect me to give a read of you based off of nothing. I don't feel like any of my reads are relatively strong with the exception of HF, and even then I wouldn't put money on what I currently think of him. If I even had to give anyone a read on you right now...I'd say it's rather null for the moment. I don't think "suspicious" warrants the same response as "I'm going to vote you and push you until you die." There's a clear difference between the two, and I feel like this post was made, in part, to make me look bad.

Maybe I'm overreacting, maybe I'm not. I don't really know what to think of you yet. I think you're null...For the moment.


Presumably you've read the thread. What do you think of that post now that I've already disproved it all as nonsense and misrepresenting things happening in the thread?


I think it's a very manipulative post. The whole thing plays out like a way of making me look bad without actually outright saying anything against me. It smells like the equivalent of putting your hand up away from someone and then pointing a finger at them behind it.

I'm beginning to think Vivax is scummy. I want to see him post more though, I don't want to get sucked into a one-way train of thought.
Spectaticle
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
May 06 2014 02:41 GMT
#373
I'm gonna bote Vivax.

@Steveling how in the world is Vivax town again? You haven't really explained your read at all, and you've deliberately ignored Vivax's worst post in favor of making Koshi look bad.
Spectaticle
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
May 06 2014 02:52 GMT
#375
On May 06 2014 07:32 Cavalinho wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 06 2014 06:17 Vivax wrote:
I just wanted to know more about that post. What was serious and whatnot, hence I find it quite a bit of overreaction from Cava to give me "super suspicion" and say I'm twisting things cause I stated my thoughts about his post (upon request!) without even being judgmental about him.

It's not like I'm sure about his alignment yet, neither about Holyflare's, but the latter seems to follow a very aggressive approach to the game and that gives me neg vibes. Anyway gonna give some of my thoughts about the two now.

If you're town and look at the posts I made about Cava, think for a moment how you would see them and suggest how you would react if you were in the place of Cava (who never showed a sign of wanting to vote for me). Would you instacall me scum and say i'm twisting or try to make clear it was a full joke post and that you think it's actually townie?

Cause I don't call him scum, I don't say he's twisting things, I simply say that I found his post defensive, giving a reason for something that in his eyes should be trivial since it stems from a joke, a reason that at the same time allows him to not give a read on me (hence evasive).

He doesn't have to agree with the same logic, but does the logic I use at the same time make me scum for using it? That pattern of thinking is missing in Cava's response as I see other people being able to at least understand my point of view, of which I don't claim that it constitutes ultimately damning evidence.

Regarding HF a lot is cause of the reasons he's pushing Oats with. Oats sometimes gets misunderstood or misreads or doesn't make something incredibly clear, so pointing out inconsistencies and calling his mistakes or wrong representations lies, as in scummy lies shouldn't be applied while it could be applied to a player who doesn't make such mistakes as town often.

With Oats you have to is look at his attitude. He's really passive as mafia and in your face as town as I think that is the case in this game. I know it's very subjective (I think LXI and Doctor Who 1 he was scum and I played with him) but maybe somebody else can confirm (Koshi and thrawn maybe can) but I feel confident to say he shouldn't be lynched today.


I think a combination of tone and a logical leap (asking more about a post that others have found relatively towny because I didn't include you in it) made me think less of you at the time. The only thing I really don't like about this post is that I feel like you're martyring yourself by saying "wtf Cav thinks I'm scummy how dare he."

I still don't understand why you would expect me to give a read of you based off of nothing. I don't feel like any of my reads are relatively strong with the exception of HF, and even then I wouldn't put money on what I currently think of him. If I even had to give anyone a read on you right now...I'd say it's rather null for the moment. I don't think "suspicious" warrants the same response as "I'm going to vote you and push you until you die." There's a clear difference between the two, and I feel like this post was made, in part, to make me look bad.

Maybe I'm overreacting, maybe I'm not. I don't really know what to think of you yet. I think you're null...For the moment.


Because these things, except replace null with scum.
Spectaticle
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
May 06 2014 06:53 GMT
#377
Sure.

Vivax questioned me and said that my post was scummy, because I didn't feel like putting someone at L-2 based on fucking around early game. He also said that I didn't mention him, which was also scummy...Somehow.

He gets called on it and he makes this big huge post about how I called him superscum (I didn't) based on him inquiring about my early post. He says that I said he was twisting things (he is) and starts martyring himself, trying to make me look bad in the process. (Cav is overreacting, Cav is defensive, lalalalala.)

It's a manipulative post and I really, really don't like it. I don't think it was a post that was meant to be answered, but to be dealt with.

Does that help?
Spectaticle
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
May 06 2014 07:17 GMT
#380
On May 06 2014 16:01 Steveling wrote:
You were defensive indeed though.


I've survived to Day 2 a grand total of one time.

One.

Out of 5 games.

You think I'm not going to get defensive quickly? The town has proven to be my worst enemy, over and over again, for poor reasons. I don't trust any case being built up on me at any point to be left alone for any period of time.

Furthermore, why do you ignore all of the other points that I've made?
Spectaticle
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
May 06 2014 07:27 GMT
#382
On May 06 2014 16:19 Steveling wrote:
Show nested quote +
On May 06 2014 16:17 Cavalinho wrote:
On May 06 2014 16:01 Steveling wrote:
You were defensive indeed though.


I've survived to Day 2 a grand total of one time.

One.

Out of 5 games.

You think I'm not going to get defensive quickly? The town has proven to be my worst enemy, over and over again, for poor reasons. I don't trust any case being built up on me at any point to be left alone for any period of time.

Furthermore, why do you ignore all of the other points that I've made?



Which points?


The points where I said he was twisting shit and martyring himself...?

What is the problem here? Something is going on between you and Vivax and I need to know what it is.
Spectaticle
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
May 06 2014 07:54 GMT
#390
On May 06 2014 16:32 Steveling wrote:
I think I know why you only made it once past d1 in 5 games.


Alright, humor me.
Spectaticle
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
May 07 2014 02:48 GMT
#490
Alright, let's get some more shit going on.

I think my prime scumread is Vivax, because...Well, I went over it several times already. His post that was aimed at trying to make himself look good really bothered me for several reasons. Check my filter as to why.

Steveling is another one that I want to get more information from. The dude just goes "haha, you suck" when it comes to my scumread on Vivax and straight refuses to elaborate on his Vivax read, which makes no sense as it stands. Confirmed dick, possible scum.

I don't really like Oats' post about "Vivax might be scum," because I get kind of an opportunistic vibe from it, especially when he said Holyflare could flip scum as well. I get the feeling that he's just kind of weighing his options when it comes to lynches, but the rest of his filter feels relatively towny. I lean town on Oats, but that most certainly isn't 100%.
Spectaticle
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
May 07 2014 02:49 GMT
#491
On May 07 2014 11:43 thrawn2112 wrote:
i'm doing the notes. but i'm also playing demons souls. so it's taking longer than i wanted


This is an acceptable excuse.
Spectaticle
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
May 07 2014 02:57 GMT
#493
He's the hardest boss in the game I think. Flamelurker is a bitch too.

Have you played Dark Souls yet?
Spectaticle
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
May 07 2014 03:07 GMT
#496
I've never played Dark Souls 2. I don't really have a lot of money, so I kinda stuck with Dark Souls 1 which I bought like several years ago.

Is DS2 any good?
Spectaticle
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
PRO & GOSU #3
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 444
IndyStarCraft 266
EmSc Tv 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 22024
Calm 2233
Shuttle 338
White-Ra 181
Mini 163
ZZZero.O 129
firebathero 73
scan(afreeca) 21
soO 12
Sacsri 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5612
Counter-Strike
pashabiceps1503
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4481
Liquid`Hasu600
Other Games
summit1g6794
Liquid`RaSZi2361
FrodaN1522
fl0m1500
RotterdaM879
olofmeister877
B2W.Neo750
Beastyqt353
crisheroes344
Livibee212
Pyrionflax135
Mew2King60
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick932
BasetradeTV206
StarCraft 2
angryscii 23
EmSc Tv 12
EmSc2Tv 12
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Adnapsc2 17
• niya90s 1
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Azhi_Dahaki46
• blackmanpl 24
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• imaqtpie1699
• Shiphtur699
• WagamamaTV349
Upcoming Events
OSC
2h 55m
Replay Cast
2h 55m
OSC
15h 55m
WardiTV Weekly
1d 14h
PiGosaur Cup
2 days
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Online Event
4 days
Korean StarCraft League
5 days
Afreeca Starleague
5 days
Rush vs Soulkey
[ Show More ]
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.