• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:38
CEST 23:38
KST 06:38
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7104 users

[N][M] Normal Ass Normal Game

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 Next All
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
April 08 2014 21:43 GMT
#30
/in

Time to shit the bed.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
April 12 2014 09:50 GMT
#76
HYPE


ALLOW ME TO PLAY YOU THE SONG OF MY PEOPLE



Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
April 14 2014 02:41 GMT
#102
On April 14 2014 06:00 Koshi wrote:
I think that is 2400 CET so shouldn't be later for europeans. Maybe 1 hour max?

Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
April 15 2014 03:39 GMT
#114
Cash

Hi late nighters!
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
April 15 2014 04:15 GMT
#121
What the hell is a Del Rey? I heard that in an Insane Clown Posse song, is that the same thing?!

On April 15 2014 13:05 thrawn2112 wrote:
hosts must not like making me scum

TY for making my job 9~% easier.

10 to go.

You're gonna be my buddy for day one, if that's okay with you? Don't wanna pressure you into doing things you're not comfortable with, 'cause that's assault, brotha.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
April 15 2014 04:39 GMT
#124
Looks like we have someone fresh out of newbies, a once-in-a-while player, a smurf, a couple of lurkers, and a couple of policy lynches to boot. So... lol. At least we have eachother! Oh, and Kush. He's pretty alright, I guess.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
April 15 2014 04:49 GMT
#126
I had a pretty quick read on him in toy story over on omgus but yeah he's on my policy list as well.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
April 15 2014 05:00 GMT
#129
On April 15 2014 13:58 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 15 2014 13:49 ObviousOne wrote:
I had a pretty quick read on him in toy story over on omgus but yeah he's on my policy list as well.


please enlighten me

He did his normal spam thing, but it was way over the top. A major characteristic of his scum play in my experience is that he's pretty rarely around when it matters, and his spammy nature was way off from what I perceive as his townie "center" too far towards spam or to far away from it.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
April 15 2014 05:04 GMT
#131
On April 15 2014 14:02 thrawn2112 wrote:
what a shitty playstyle

Don't shoot the messenger =[
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
April 15 2014 05:32 GMT
#133
On April 15 2014 13:54 Cavalinho wrote:
Hi.

Right on, right on. What you thinking about right now?
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
April 15 2014 18:46 GMT
#252
On April 15 2014 21:23 kushm4sta wrote:
Haven't read newest shit but

Oo why you want to plynch Akaka if you have no problem town reading him?
Why you gotta shit town read thrawn based on bullshit?

I wouldn't say that his activity is the only way to read him and it's subjective anyhow, I basically caught him through POE and that was the best reason I could come up with in Toy Story, he exhibited both behaviors there so I'm going to use the guideline until it no longer works (i.e. he steps up and plays the game). He's a policy lynch because I have no idea what the fuck he is saying 99% of the time. He seems to have the goal of being unreadable in every game he plays and that puts him in my "ok to policy lynch" group because I'd hate to lose to him (again, lol).

re: thrawn, how would you suggest I eliminate people from the lynch based on their behavior if not on some basic first post instinct when the game is like 20 minutes in? I've opened lines of communication when in the past things have been not so great between us, unless I recall incorrectly. The last game we played together I wanted to lynch him and he ended up being town, so I'm trying a new approach so I don't immediately put him in a category labeled "people I want to lynch because I hate"

Gotta re-read after I get some coffee in me. Only other thought I had for the moment is I didn't immediately want to lynch Koshi which is standing out to me. I think he's more actively participating (rather than posting for what looks like the sake of posting) than in other games I've read/played with him in them. Maybe that's some kind of themed-level-Koshi and I haven't seen a normal ass game Koshi in recent memory?
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
April 15 2014 18:46 GMT
#253
On April 16 2014 03:43 Djagulingu wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2014 03:43 kushm4sta wrote:
that's a bad question

Why is it?

Not sure if serious
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
April 15 2014 18:56 GMT
#254
On April 15 2014 18:56 Skanjab1s wrote:
Hey guys, I'm the Vig. I've only got 3 days to play this game, so claiming now is the best option. I will use my 1 shot tonight on whoever i deem worthy of it. So far, that person is OO, for insulting my honor.

This is tweek right?
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
April 16 2014 05:22 GMT
#299
@Alakaslam - completely absent, what's up? you going to play or are you scum and hiding? Game is short, I want at least one scum read from you next time you're here.

@OmniEulogy - can you wrap up your thoughts on what makes djag so scummy into one post? I'm sort of seeing it but you talked a hell of a lot about/to Koshi so condense your points for me, please. The metaphor he quoted from the book is basically "if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem" (if I'm interpreting it right). Is it the association situation, the chest-beating, the out-of-game reference? Seems like a lot of mistakes to be making if he's scum. Like, a fucking train wreck.

@Cavalinho - admits he looks scummy, seemingly focuses in on FT for calling him scummy, lol. This thing regarding FT is pretty funny since the game is only like 10 pages long and it's the missing context that makes me think you're just clicking filters looking for an easy target. Need another scum read from you, mate.

@mderg - not a single thing he's written comes to mind, so I go look and remember he had a single post. Pretty insightful post, if his claim to not having much time is true. One-liners are a part of the current meta-game so you're going to have to deal with it. Have you come up with any scum reads yet?
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
April 16 2014 05:26 GMT
#301
Djag, what's up with throwing the words scum slip around and being 100% sure? How can you be 100% sure of anything on day 1? It's cool that you want to boast your success in the past, but I'm not seeing the part where you successfully lure people into discussion with anything but your own tactics (aka discussing yourself).
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
April 16 2014 05:29 GMT
#302
On April 16 2014 14:24 Cavalinho wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2014 13:48 FirmTofu wrote:
On April 16 2014 12:56 Cavalinho wrote:
On April 16 2014 06:09 FirmTofu wrote:
Djagulingu is fairly unimpressive. His activity is commendable, but altogether useless. Most of his posts are one-liners that seek to aggravate or provoke. I see a lot of unsubstantiated accusations in his filter. He's running around trying to piss everyone off all at once without any attempt at substantive discussion. His focus on his own meta is especially interesting and reflective of an egotistical personality. For that reason, I believe his aggressive behavior in thread so far is due to a heightened sense of superiority rather than something alignment-indicative. That is to say, he'd be acting like a douche whether he was mafia or town.


Why did you make this post? It's nothing more than a wall-of-text with no real meat in it that reaches no definitive conclusion.

Because Koshi wanted me to give my thoughts on him? I wouldn't have mentioned him otherwise.


Yes, but you don't actually think anything in this post. It's just a wall of words that ultimately goes nowhere. Why would you insist on making a giant wall of nothing rather than just say "I don't have any opinion on this guy yet?"

It's as if you wanted to be seen as doing things while ultimately accomplishing nothing.

I think we're collectively accomplishing nothing. I don't want to speak for FT, but I know it sometimes takes a while for my mind to make connections and realize things before I bring them up and that's not always as soon as I've read the thread.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
April 16 2014 05:32 GMT
#304
On April 16 2014 14:30 Cavalinho wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 16 2014 14:22 ObviousOne wrote:@Cavalinho - admits he looks scummy, seemingly focuses in on FT for calling him scummy, lol. This thing regarding FT is pretty funny since the game is only like 10 pages long and it's the missing context that makes me think you're just clicking filters looking for an easy target. Need another scum read from you, mate.


1) I never said I looked scummy. I said I was inactive, and asking me to talk more is a reasonable thing to ask.
2) FT never even talked to me until I posted my vote on him. OTW was the one who made a read on me.
3) I said that the short case posted on me is, at best, null and silly, due to my three posts having no alignment-indicative information in them whatsoever

If you're going to pressure me, at least get the details right. Cripes.

I'm not pressuring, I'm trying to have a dialogue. Not every inquiry is calling people scum, lol. It's also possible I'm too tired and crossed names in my mind. I'm thinking of djag? Am I too old for this shit?
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
April 16 2014 19:57 GMT
#533
Kush giving me the town boner as of his return this second half.

Thank fuck we have a replacement, hello vivax please explain why I am on your POE or what you didn't like about me.

mderg's main, perhaps only, focus is a vig claim / scumminess of claiming a near-verifable role D1? That's... concerning, he's getting my vote for now. No reason to be pushing to lynch blue claims unless there's a cc. He's even sticking with it despite talking to others and defending his position which, with a tiny bit of critical thought should be an intractable one.

##vote: mderg

@FT: Koshi reads town to me only because he's all over the place and active. I'm more familiar with his "go forth and do work for me" town-meta that I think he uses in themed games but I'm not as aware of his regular town-game meta. My distant memory from back when Titanic 1 was a thing was that his scum game was pretty focused, but I'm bad with the memory thing sometimes so if you have something contradictory that would be useful today I'd like to see that.
On April 17 2014 04:32 FirmTofu wrote:
I don't like Koshi's insistence on pushing kush. Kush has a decent past few pages and his pressure of Cavalinho seems genuine.

Although Kush brings up some good points on Cavalinho, I'm not entirely convinced. Cavalinho looks like he doesn't understand that people sometimes give out null reads in order to promote discussion on a player. Fundamentally, he doesn't understand the purpose of my post: to explain to Koshi why Dja was not the appropriate use of our time in the thread.

@kush+Koshi Tell me what you think of OmniEulogy so far. I'm curious to hear your thoughts.

Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
April 16 2014 19:57 GMT
#534
I'll look at OTW after I get some coffee.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
ObviousOne
Profile Joined April 2012
United States3704 Posts
April 16 2014 20:36 GMT
#548
On April 17 2014 05:15 mderg wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 04:57 ObviousOne wrote:
Kush giving me the town boner as of his return this second half.

Thank fuck we have a replacement, hello vivax please explain why I am on your POE or what you didn't like about me.

mderg's main, perhaps only, focus is a vig claim / scumminess of claiming a near-verifable role D1? That's... concerning, he's getting my vote for now. No reason to be pushing to lynch blue claims unless there's a cc. He's even sticking with it despite talking to others and defending his position which, with a tiny bit of critical thought should be an intractable one.

##vote: mderg

@FT: Koshi reads town to me only because he's all over the place and active. I'm more familiar with his "go forth and do work for me" town-meta that I think he uses in themed games but I'm not as aware of his regular town-game meta. My distant memory from back when Titanic 1 was a thing was that his scum game was pretty focused, but I'm bad with the memory thing sometimes so if you have something contradictory that would be useful today I'd like to see that.
On April 17 2014 04:32 FirmTofu wrote:
I don't like Koshi's insistence on pushing kush. Kush has a decent past few pages and his pressure of Cavalinho seems genuine.

Although Kush brings up some good points on Cavalinho, I'm not entirely convinced. Cavalinho looks like he doesn't understand that people sometimes give out null reads in order to promote discussion on a player. Fundamentally, he doesn't understand the purpose of my post: to explain to Koshi why Dja was not the appropriate use of our time in the thread.

@kush+Koshi Tell me what you think of OmniEulogy so far. I'm curious to hear your thoughts.


Did you even read my posts? The claim is the one thing that makes Skan look less scummy. The claim was never my focus, it was everything besides that. I´m also having a hard time understanding the rest of the paragraph about me. Would it be possible to rephrase that?

Any potential vigilante situation is self-solving. Either a shot is called and made, called a missed, not called and claimed later, or never called but the vigilante dies. Giving any amount of effort towards discussing how much you do or don't believe it and arguing about it or using it to defend someone before any of those events happen is ridiculous.

So to say it another way; having a read on a player solely for their power claim is ridiculous because we know that mafia can fake claim, we know that a power role who claims early can get their role blocked, they can be simply shot, and other corner cases where it leads into some kind of big play (which I would discount but in the interests of trying to be thorough I add it here).

So if he's actually blue then you pushing for his lynch is pointless endeavour for anyone thinking with a town mindset. With so few potential power roles in a normal game (something you may not be aware of). You can just accept for one day that he's got something useful to contribute outside of his lack of conversational contribution and focus on real lynch candidate possibilities instead until it can be established he's lying or he is caught in a sure-fire situation where he knows something that he shouldn't.

That is why I think your vote is wasted and you've given him the possibility of being town for his role but you refuse to accept what that means for the overarching scheme of the game when you pursue him as a potential lynch candidate.
Fear is the only darkness. ~Destiny Fan Club operator~
1 2 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 12h 22m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ZombieGrub256
Nina 146
NeuroSwarm 100
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 14249
NaDa 19
Bale 14
Dota 2
febbydoto24
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King42
Heroes of the Storm
Liquid`Hasu632
Other Games
Grubby4053
summit1g2485
Liquid`RaSZi1987
shahzam524
WinterStarcraft449
ToD289
C9.Mang0281
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream33
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• musti20045 36
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade1004
Other Games
• imaqtpie898
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
12h 22m
INu's Battles
13h 22m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
15h 22m
OSC
1d
Replay Cast
1d 1h
OSC
2 days
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.