• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 19:17
CEST 01:17
KST 08:17
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Artificial Intelligence Thread US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9003 users

[N][M] Normal Ass Normal Game - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 All
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
April 17 2014 03:31 GMT
#747
On April 17 2014 12:30 OmniEulogy wrote:
I'm gonna help you out here Cavalinho cause I'm a nice person.

Voting is done in this thread: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/mafia/447974-normal-ass-normal-game-voting-thread?page=2#37

you are welcome.


ROFL. OOPS. BRB.
Spectaticle
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
April 17 2014 03:51 GMT
#771
On April 17 2014 12:47 FirmTofu wrote:
Meh, Vivax's defense seems too organic. It feels like a very risky play for mafia to make. I don't think he's scum.

Cavalinho, on the other hand, probably is.


Have you actually said anything that has any basis in fact?

Vivax has made good points, and you have yet to address any of them while egging on my lynch. Here, you're just going "yeah cav is probably scum." Have you actually sat down and considered that something like that might have put you on the wrong track?
Spectaticle
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
April 17 2014 03:51 GMT
#772
On April 17 2014 12:45 thrawn2112 wrote:
tbh i don't feel that great about either of these lynches. something feels wrong


Why?
Spectaticle
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
April 17 2014 03:55 GMT
#775
I'm really weirded out by Koshi voting for OE, because he very obviously isn't going to get lynched. Same goes for OO and Skanjab.

If FT gets lynched and flips town, I think we should start questioning everyone else that isn't coalescing on him. I thought that this lynch was pretty polarized up until thrawn and OE flipped their votes.

Anyone else agree?
Spectaticle
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
April 17 2014 04:05 GMT
#790
Kush I thought we went over the fact that your case was really bad, multiple times.
Spectaticle
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
April 17 2014 04:06 GMT
#794
Vivax is still town as fuck for sticking his neck out for me. The lynch might not have gone great, but I'm probably not going to vote for him ever.
Spectaticle
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
April 17 2014 04:20 GMT
#799
On April 17 2014 13:07 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 13:06 Cavalinho wrote:
Vivax is still town as fuck for sticking his neck out for me. The lynch might not have gone great, but I'm probably not going to vote for him ever.


So. You've been talking about FT all game long, and now he's flipped town. What were your immediate thoughts after seeing his flip?


Well, I fucked up a lynch pretty hard and I feel kinda shit for it. In regards to how people look, I'm thinking the people that flipped at the last second are probably town, considering that I'm town and scum had nothing to gain from flipping at the last second.

There's simply nothing to gain from flipping votes on a TvT cross and risk looking really bad in the process, so I'm thinking that we should be looking at people who have had their votes on stray players the entire game thus far. Obviously we should get around to questioning everyone, but those are the people we should look at first.

Also, Kush, towards the end of the lynch it was either going to be me or FT. Initial reasoning aside, it became a matter of simple survival by pushing FT over mderg, because we were the only two possible lynches at the end of the day. Obviously I need to rethink my reads, but I feel like you're glossing over a lot of what happened in order to push me.
Spectaticle
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
April 17 2014 04:41 GMT
#811
On April 17 2014 13:25 kushm4sta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 13:20 Cavalinho wrote:
\Also, Kush, towards the end of the lynch it was either going to be me or FT. Initial reasoning aside, it became a matter of simple survival by pushing FT over mderg, because we were the only two possible lynches at the end of the day. Obviously I need to rethink my reads, but I feel like you're glossing over a lot of what happened in order to push me.


]You were voting for FT over mderg ALL day 1. You put your vote in long before it was a you vs him situation.
So why vote FT not mderg. You have said you gave reasons why you think FT is scummier, but you never provided those reasons.

What am I glossing over?


I gave reasons as to why I was voting FT over mderg. You're glossing over everything that happened and you're focusing on me having two scumreads but voting one over the other. I was wrong on one, probably both; even if I voted mderg, and he flipped town, you would still be pressuring me because I voted mderg and not FT. It's a circle that ultimately goes nowhere.

Can you just drop it now?
Spectaticle
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
April 17 2014 04:47 GMT
#812
On April 17 2014 13:36 OmniEulogy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 17 2014 13:33 thrawn2112 wrote:
it's productive. nad it's way more lilely to come from town because they are town


I'd argue that scum is just as likely to say "hey look both of these guys must be town too cause I'm town and so is vivax for defending me!" when in reality let's be honest, we just lynched a townie and know nothing about Cava or what this makes him.


Except for all of the posts I've made up until this point...?

Also, you're glossing over the people I wanted to look at after the lynch. What do you make of those candidates?
Spectaticle
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
April 17 2014 16:03 GMT
#927
People keep saying my filter is scummy, but nobody actually sits down and specifies why. What is scummy about my filter?

And why the fuck is Djag focusing on lylo so early?
Spectaticle
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
April 17 2014 16:14 GMT
#932
On April 18 2014 01:08 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2014 01:03 Cavalinho wrote:
People keep saying my filter is scummy, but nobody actually sits down and specifies why. What is scummy about my filter?

And why the fuck is Djag focusing on lylo so early?
\

djag is town. do you disagree?


I'm not sure. I need rethink a ton of shit after this lynch.

and who are you even asking that question....lol


What exactly are you getting at here? Am I supposed to just roll over and die when people want me lynched/shot? Nobody is telling me what makes me scum, even though my lynch was deemed a terrible idea in the first place.
Spectaticle
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
April 17 2014 16:18 GMT
#934
On April 18 2014 01:16 thrawn2112 wrote:
It's not a trick question.

You say "And why the fuck is Djag focusing on lylo so early?"

I want to know who you wanted to answer that question. Who did you write it for?


Myself, I think. I'm probably going to do a write-up on several people when I get the chance, specifically Djag, because I don't think his thought process makes sense.
Spectaticle
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
April 17 2014 16:29 GMT
#939
On April 18 2014 01:24 OneThousandWords wrote:
Cavalinho, when you first joined the game, you made this post:

Show nested quote +
On April 16 2014 12:56 Cavalinho wrote:
On April 16 2014 07:23 OneThousandWords wrote:
I also find it odd how Cavalinho has chosen to respond to posts in the thread. His chose his first posts of the game to say hi and that he isn't going to comment on anything because nothing has happened. I find this in and of itself strange. When people first start the game they usually start to converse with people or even talk about policy, however, Cavalinho decided not to have any part of the conversation whatsoever.

On April 15 2014 14:36 Cavalinho wrote:
On April 15 2014 14:32 ObviousOne wrote:
On April 15 2014 13:54 Cavalinho wrote:
Hi.

Right on, right on. What you thinking about right now?


Nothing has happened yet.

So...Nothing.


Now, understandably we do not know the circumstances and I'd like to hear more from him but then he returns to the thread after quite some time to post, well, nothing. His only real post is a post to jump on discrediting OmniEulogy (whether justly or not).

On April 16 2014 04:05 Cavalinho wrote:
On April 16 2014 03:57 OmniEulogy wrote:
I'm not even tunneling you. If I thought you were scum I'd vote for you. Are you scummy to me? yes.


Uhh.

Also I don't get the points in your post at all.


I find this an odd behavioural tidbit because IMO this is not a townies mindset.


I have three posts and you're scumreading me off them. That doesn't make any sense. I'd actually argue, but you have no real information to determine my alignment one way or the other. (Though, in all fairness, I have been somewhat inactive.)

Oddness aside, I'm actually going to go ahead and say that I somewhat like this post in the sense that it feels like you're trying to generate discussion. Sure, it's wrong, but that happens. With the activity of the thread being so mediocre as it stands, trying to generate discussion is a pro-town move in my eyes.


Which was fair enough and it seemed like a way a towny would respond, however, practically your next post was:

Show nested quote +
On April 16 2014 13:27 Cavalinho wrote:
Looking through FT's filter, I see a big post that discredits Omni without actually coming to any conclusion aside from trying to make him look bad, a long post on skab that boils down to "he claimed vig, so he's probably town," and a big post that doesn't go anywhere.

I think it's really easy to look like you're doing something in a game like this, where there's little content and big posts look good, but even a quick glance reveals that he isn't actually doing anything in his posts. The only exception is his sole townread which is needlessly long and has already been discussed by other players.

##Vote FirmTofu

Thrawn's filter is shitty too, but it's shitty in a blatant way rather than a way where he looks like he's doing something but he isn't. I'd like to hear more from him as well.


How are the two events different? Why mention in the first place that reading someone as scummy from only a few posts is a weird thing for town to do (admittedly you town read me for it anyway) but then in your next post do the exact same thing?


The difference is my posts have no content while FT's posts looked like they had content but didn't.

The two are completely different, albeit I was still wrong.
Spectaticle
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
April 17 2014 16:34 GMT
#940
On April 18 2014 01:22 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2014 01:18 Cavalinho wrote:
On April 18 2014 01:16 thrawn2112 wrote:
It's not a trick question.

You say "And why the fuck is Djag focusing on lylo so early?"

I want to know who you wanted to answer that question. Who did you write it for?


Myself, I think. I'm probably going to do a write-up on several people when I get the chance, specifically Djag, because I don't think his thought process makes sense.


his thought proces makes perfect sense. it'[s just unbelievably noobish and lazy.

so that's really weird that you asked a question to nobody in particular, a question puts djag in a negative light, except when I pressure you on it you're just talking to yourself? and you don't know if you're scum reading him yet you plan to do a write-up on him?


Better question: why would I know his alignment before I do a serious filter dive?

I have to run errands, be back in a couple hours.
Spectaticle
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
April 18 2014 04:02 GMT
#977
On April 18 2014 13:00 OmniEulogy wrote:
Show nested quote +
On April 18 2014 12:47 kushm4sta wrote:
cavalinho, oo, mderg
kinda seems too easy but that's what i got


well, allow me to do something about that for you. As long as I'm not RB'd Cavalinho is dead. I'm vig.


Welp.

I was town, for the record. I think it's kind of hysterical that nobody realized how shit those cases were.
Spectaticle
Cavalinho
Profile Joined February 2014
United States946 Posts
April 29 2014 04:27 GMT
#1577
rip

I'd really like to stop dying before day 2 now please.
Spectaticle
Prev 1 2 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 43m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 215
Nina 128
ViBE87
SpeCial 80
Nathanias 61
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11969
Artosis 561
NaDa 30
Bale 13
Dota 2
monkeys_forever296
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox641
Mew2King109
Other Games
summit1g6953
Grubby2395
Liquid`RaSZi1885
shahzam634
WinterStarcraft461
JimRising 365
C9.Mang0330
Trikslyr37
JuggernautJason10
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick372
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream27
[ Show 11 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 85
• musti20045 27
• davetesta3
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
10h 43m
INu's Battles
11h 43m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
13h 43m
OSC
22h 58m
Replay Cast
23h 43m
OSC
1d 23h
Big Brain Bouts
2 days
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
[ Show More ]
Patches Events
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.