• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 15:46
CEST 21:46
KST 04:46
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)77Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released BW General Discussion SC4ALL II Brood War Complete Invited Player Lineup 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Bot on ladder
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Nintendo Switch Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Dating: How's your luck?
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7178 users

[C][M][T] Survivor Series Mafia - Page 8

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 23 Next All
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 10 2014 16:46 GMT
#976
On February 11 2014 01:39 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Palmar why does Holyflare look okay?
I found his post about some of the votes worrying. This one:
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=442512&currentpage=41#803
This to me (especially considering the timing) looks like "let's find some people suspicious given that Cora will flip town". This posts doesn't seem to be achieving anything and Holyflare brings it up later with a mindset that to me reads like "look what i said earlier".

I think I'm ok with Holyflare at the moment. I remember something that Cora wrote:

"Holy went to a lot of effort just to +1 a vote, looks like town"
and I read that and thought "actually, usually mafia overjustify their votes, that's not right".

But I thought about it a little bit more, and it seemed like *SO* much effort to go to to +1 a vote, that maybe it comes from town after all.

Further when he brought up his post on voting, it felt more like that he felt he made good analysis that he wanted the thread to talk about, rather than mafia wanting to show off their contributions.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 10 2014 16:48 GMT
#978
The main issue I have with Holy is his activity, and we'll see on that
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 10 2014 16:52 GMT
#980
I don't really agree with that assessment tbh. Do you remember something I wrote about Holy in Vengeful?

I said his focus on Prome looked suspicious, but he had more little posts that I felt were more likely to come from a town-Holy. I expect longer blocks of paragraph + text from a mafia Holy than I've seen this game. It's not conclusive but it means I'm not particularly interested in him atm
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 10 2014 16:55 GMT
#985
On February 11 2014 01:55 raynpelikoneet wrote:
As in he explained himself pretty clearly and it could clearly be seen where his mind was at (as in who his suspects were and how he felt about the game emotionally). Here - especially right around the lynch and after that - his mind has been everywhere and there is no clear direction in his posts.

Well, you have to understand I'm in the superior position of viewing him from a position of not knowing his alignment in both games
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 10 2014 17:06 GMT
#995
I wish Palmar would stop pushing weird things.

INTERLUDE. TERRIBLE META COMPARISON OF THE DAY:
On May 22 2013 01:11 WaveofShadow wrote:
Why does it feel like you're the only one who's ever around for me to interact with marv?

On February 09 2014 15:15 WaveofShadow wrote:
Fuck this I probably should just assume marv is town every game and just lick his asshole because he's often the only one that bothers to read anything I write.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 10 2014 17:09 GMT
#997
It's better than that - I remembered it and went looking for it.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 10 2014 17:18 GMT
#1008
My interlude.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 10 2014 17:30 GMT
#1011
On February 11 2014 02:24 raynpelikoneet wrote:
marv, one thing. Look at geript's post where he says he has a town read on you and that he needs to look into my posts. Does it make sense to you? Afaik we have been pretty much on the same page, and geript has relied heavily on met areads in this game. Therefore i see no logic in those statements from town!pov, given especially the setup and the phase that's coming up where scum need to break up "town circles" in case they wanna get rid of strong players and/or cast doubt on D2 lynch in the first place.

I'll be back in ~15, sauna the best. <3

Could you be a little more specific? I mean, you're not me and I'm not you. It's possible for someone to have a townread on me and not you and vice versa I suppose. And to people who aren't me and maybe only one or two others, you're more sneaky scum than I am :> No offence to geript, but him saying "I want to look at rayn" has about zero thread impact, it probably just means he wants to look at rayn.

Also Palmar thinks geript is mafia which makes geript very likely to be town.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 10 2014 17:36 GMT
#1017
On February 11 2014 02:33 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2014 02:30 marvellosity wrote:
On February 11 2014 02:24 raynpelikoneet wrote:
marv, one thing. Look at geript's post where he says he has a town read on you and that he needs to look into my posts. Does it make sense to you? Afaik we have been pretty much on the same page, and geript has relied heavily on met areads in this game. Therefore i see no logic in those statements from town!pov, given especially the setup and the phase that's coming up where scum need to break up "town circles" in case they wanna get rid of strong players and/or cast doubt on D2 lynch in the first place.

I'll be back in ~15, sauna the best. <3

Could you be a little more specific? I mean, you're not me and I'm not you. It's possible for someone to have a townread on me and not you and vice versa I suppose. And to people who aren't me and maybe only one or two others, you're more sneaky scum than I am :> No offence to geript, but him saying "I want to look at rayn" has about zero thread impact, it probably just means he wants to look at rayn.

Also Palmar thinks geript is mafia which makes geript very likely to be town.

If he thinks you are town, given the meta between us don't you think he would think you have a decent read on me?
Like you called me scum for my first post in the last game and called me scum in the end of D1 in the game before the last game i was scum and you were town in.

Meh, maybe? It seems a lot less egregious than Wave ignoring what we think on Koshi, for example. I've never explicitly called you town this game I don't think either, I've just treated you that way mostly, which is more subtle and for people not-us isn't totally evident, and perhaps even if it was evident he'd like to have his own opinion.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 10 2014 17:37 GMT
#1018
On February 11 2014 02:34 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2014 02:30 marvellosity wrote:
Also Palmar thinks geript is mafia which makes geript very likely to be town.

I don't think this is a good heuristic. Palmar called "confirmed town geript" scum in LXI basically in all of his posts lol.

The fact that I have to clarify that this is banter significantly lessens the impact of said banter.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 10 2014 17:38 GMT
#1020
No, but I also don't think it's good logical thinking to think "two people who agree on various things must be the same alignment", at least not to the extent where it's bad to want to look into someone.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 10 2014 17:40 GMT
#1022
that's not important, like i keep trying to explain.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 10 2014 17:41 GMT
#1023
Put it this way rayn: if geript is somehow mafia, it won't be for that.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 10 2014 17:42 GMT
#1026
Did geript play in ##? LXIV? Vengeful?

No...

You're looking at this through our eyes.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 10 2014 17:49 GMT
#1030
I'll probably dig around geript's meta a little later on, for Palmar's sake if nothing else. I'm not really seeing it at the moment.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 10 2014 23:44 GMT
#1143
On February 11 2014 03:39 Risen wrote:
I'm guessing a setup nomination to get rid of me. Completely nonsensical people being put up.

can't tell if srs
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 10 2014 23:47 GMT
#1146
I don't get it Risen but I'll take your word for it :p

Just reading the VE stuff, VE never thinks that "normally" for people calling what he was saying a "stretch". Town-VE had an exceptionally convoluted triple-bus theory for quite some time in Shadow.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 10 2014 23:49 GMT
#1149
On February 11 2014 04:48 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2014 02:06 marvellosity wrote:
I wish Palmar would stop pushing weird things.

INTERLUDE. TERRIBLE META COMPARISON OF THE DAY:
On May 22 2013 01:11 WaveofShadow wrote:
Why does it feel like you're the only one who's ever around for me to interact with marv?

On February 09 2014 15:15 WaveofShadow wrote:
Fuck this I probably should just assume marv is town every game and just lick his asshole because he's often the only one that bothers to read anything I write.

Show nested quote +
On February 11 2014 02:29 Palmar wrote:
Best use of meta I've seen.

I'm totally off the WoS=town wagon now.

Is this a fucking bait?
Because just tell me now so I don't rage even harder than I'm about to. I HATE being baited.
Are you REALLY using meta on me from almost a YEAR ago that not only proves absolutely nothing and ignores all circumstances of the games in which they take place, but also completely ignores my evolving reads on you in the games we've played together since?

Like last time someone pulled this terrible meta shit completely unabashedly it was scum Palmar in Thug life, and hey, what do you know, Palmar is here agreeing with marv for some ungodly reason.

Like...I really don't understand the point of this nor do I even think I fully understand the meta comparison you're trying to make.

Am I overreacting and is this a joke? Because if so I'm not sure I get it.


Are you seriously reacting exactly the same way as mafia-DP to a totally obvious joke-meta post?

Like srsly.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 10 2014 23:49 GMT
#1150
On February 11 2014 08:48 Risen wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 11 2014 08:47 marvellosity wrote:
I don't get it Risen but I'll take your word for it :p

Just reading the VE stuff, VE never thinks that "normally" for people calling what he was saying a "stretch". Town-VE had an exceptionally convoluted triple-bus theory for quite some time in Shadow.

Was he right?

no, these theories are almost never right.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
February 10 2014 23:50 GMT
#1152
I mean, I literally said "interlude, terrible meta comparison of the day"

how can anyone believe that is serious?
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Prev 1 6 7 8 9 10 23 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 14h 14m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RotterdaM 1031
IndyStarCraft 211
Nina 12
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 16161
Calm 2332
Horang2 343
Mini 168
Rush 103
EffOrt 101
Zeus 49
Trap 21
Bale 16
scan(afreeca) 16
Dota 2
febbydoto15
LuMiX2
Counter-Strike
fl0m5341
Fnx 1539
pashabiceps1379
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King42
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby3854
Liquid`Hasu516
Other Games
Liquid`RaSZi1762
Beastyqt715
B2W.Neo540
C9.Mang0327
crisheroes181
QueenE106
Trikslyr99
Dewaltoss71
UpATreeSC59
ZombieGrub31
JuggernautJason25
shahzam0
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
Other Games
Algost 2
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• 80smullet 30
• Michael_bg 11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• TFBlade911
Other Games
• imaqtpie947
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
14h 14m
INu's Battles
15h 14m
Percival vs SHIN
Zoun vs herO
OSC
17h 14m
OSC
1d 2h
Replay Cast
1d 3h
OSC
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
2 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
2 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
Patches Events
3 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
BSL Open Qualifier
3 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.