• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 20:49
CEST 02:49
KST 09:49
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup8StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)67Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? BW General Discussion PLAYzone Challenge - open offline tour in Prague 20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10314 users

TL Mafia LXIV: The Restart - Page 132

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 130 131 132
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-08 07:23:34
February 08 2014 07:21 GMT
#2621
well apparently we will find out
VisceraEyes
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
United States21171 Posts
February 08 2014 07:31 GMT
#2622
Intriguing. Thx hosts.
if I had to describe his playstyle, it'd be a coked up rabbit with the attention of a goldfish injecting caffeine into himself directly through an IV drip. it's like a reel of random animated shorts where things just blow up randomly
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 08 2014 09:12 GMT
#2623
On February 08 2014 15:12 Balla24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2014 15:08 Oatsmaster wrote:
nah not really. Coag not playing got him lynched, not that he refused to post his seal. that was like the nail in the coffin.


That's not the point though.

The seal is game breaking. Even if it's "just the nail in the coffin" it's HUGELY game breaking.

I agree with Balla24. Though the seal was the first I have heard of it; its akin to Grush57 and "STARSENSES"

Basically, every game he was town he would post starsenses.

Obviously if he wanted to, he could deviate and use it as scum to win a game (because nobody would lynch him) but then the entire legacy of starsenses would die.

Not worth the amount of games required to seed, to just throw away.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 08 2014 09:13 GMT
#2624
On February 08 2014 15:42 LSB wrote:
Slams Boms
Night 1 - Dead People, bombs returned
Night 2 - Roleblocked
Night 3+ - Bum/Thrawn, and then the final night Bum/Oats

Thats interesting. Most games with Hatter that I have experienced have the bombs on dead people not refunded.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-08 10:06:35
February 08 2014 09:15 GMT
#2625
Congrats to town for getting there in the end.
Good decision Thrawn.

From my perspective I was surprised we got there regardless.
The day of the Grack lynch, I was expecting to have to bus bum -- but somehow the gods aligned

The Rayn RB was a total goof and though we didnt deserve to win the game, that was a pivotal moment where the game was still wide open.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 08 2014 09:19 GMT
#2626
On February 08 2014 15:08 Balla24 wrote:
Oh also thanks to mocsta!!
+ Show Spoiler +

This guy was one of the sole reasons I even still felt motivated to post on late day1 and day2. Those days mafia communication were at an all time low. I probably had like... 60%-70% of the entire QT posts at that point. Mocsta kept PMing me to keep at it, even though I felt totally alone vs like 15 people and we had some good chats about mafia theory and stuff. Guy is very cool and love to play with him.
Thanks Balla24.

As a side note: this scum activity was kinda the norm. In fact I think I have only played on one fully active scum team before in about 8 games.

Not that I have much bearing on suggesting how to win as scum, considering that we lost; however, you just need to do the minimum to survive.
I do not refer to activity.
I refer to convincing town you are town so that in LYLO; thrawn chooses you over oats.

Oats approach in LYLO could have easily made him scum (which even thrawn noted post-game), but you can't undo the 100hrs of gametime pre-LYLO either.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 08 2014 09:28 GMT
#2627
Hi all,
I thought I would have a big spiel on this game but now that its over everything else feels meaningless.

On one hand I am excited the decision got to LYLO, but on the other hand, it wasn't meant to get their either.

My takeaway from this game is purely from the first 24hrs.

Its scummy to be active in PMs and not the thread; which is what i was called out for by BC.
*AT THE TIME* I thought I was active in PMs because I was busy; but in hindsight, I was in PMs because it was easier to establish relationships without scrutiny.

This is a takeaway because its ridiculously easy to fake townie distrust in PMs which I believe led to many reading me as town.
i.e. I forced people to put themselves in a position to tell me why *THEY* are town, and not vice-versa.

BC said it perfectly in our first chat -- which unfortunately was not saved by me:
Look for consistency between what I tell you in PMs and what I do in the thread to know if I am town or scum.
BloodyC0bbler
Profile Blog Joined September 2004
Canada7876 Posts
February 08 2014 10:16 GMT
#2628
On February 08 2014 15:29 bumatlarge wrote:
I also slipped in te "coag sucks" QT, I should not have known mocsta got RBd. Luckily BC never read it, and grack wasn't in a position to verify it. Mocsta blew this game open for me. I doubt we would have come so close without him. We made a few major mistakes. The kush/BH night was an error, we thought We could shoot through kush prot, or mocsta did I didn't ask questions. The Roleblock claim obviously cost us, we didn't think Rayn would get a note. I probably should have shot slam roleblocked thrawn. I didn't know thrawn and oats were in such contact.

Also, lylo you can't really base reads off what they say that cycle. Mafia will mimic a town fairly well. It's much easier to catch them earlier. I thought what I said when you said was pretty much what I would have said if I was town. PMs were kind of misused I think. Mocsta benefitted greatly off them, and I felt if I had been present earlier I could have done more.

Where were Slams bombs?!


sadly I did notice it. The only person I mentioned this outright to was mocsta and maybe rayn or thrawn?

Like no one could remember if they had told you at that point -_-
#3 Member of the Chill Fanclub / Rhaegar fought nobly. Rhaegar fought valiantly. Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaeger died. --Ser Jorah Mormont TL MAFIA FORUM http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/index.php?show_part=31 go go !
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-08 10:18:37
February 08 2014 10:18 GMT
#2629
I asked about it from someone and brought it up. I don't remember who it was and never got an answer as usual..
table for two on a tv tray
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
February 08 2014 10:53 GMT
#2630
I dont understand why you guys even roleblocked at all since you thought rayn was green.
No gg, No skill.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 08 2014 11:25 GMT
#2631
On February 08 2014 19:53 Oatsmaster wrote:
I dont understand why you guys even roleblocked at all since you thought rayn was green.

read the qt.. bum was a constant foil lol

like every cycle we literally bumbled and bumbled.

Bum: Hey mocsta, you should claim RB

Mocsta: Hey Rayn, Im supa town I was RB'd

then in qt, check my reaction when I realise what just happened lol....
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
February 08 2014 13:38 GMT
#2632
no, like why did you roleblock a green?
No gg, No skill.
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
February 08 2014 13:39 GMT
#2633
On February 08 2014 22:38 Oatsmaster wrote:
no, like why did you roleblock a green?

Ask bum...
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
February 08 2014 15:45 GMT
#2634
We didn't think he would get notified, apparently BGs and non-green vanilla get notified. I think we were debating shooting BC or not, so I might have just left the RB there. For future reference, If it's an LSB game, force him to sit down for an hour and ask about every relevant interaction you can.

If I had known I was the lylo candidate, we would not have shot the people who thought mocsta was scummy and thought I was town. The RB fiasco kinda made our kills seem silly.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
February 08 2014 15:47 GMT
#2635
On February 08 2014 19:16 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2014 15:29 bumatlarge wrote:
I also slipped in te "coag sucks" QT, I should not have known mocsta got RBd. Luckily BC never read it, and grack wasn't in a position to verify it. Mocsta blew this game open for me. I doubt we would have come so close without him. We made a few major mistakes. The kush/BH night was an error, we thought We could shoot through kush prot, or mocsta did I didn't ask questions. The Roleblock claim obviously cost us, we didn't think Rayn would get a note. I probably should have shot slam roleblocked thrawn. I didn't know thrawn and oats were in such contact.

Also, lylo you can't really base reads off what they say that cycle. Mafia will mimic a town fairly well. It's much easier to catch them earlier. I thought what I said when you said was pretty much what I would have said if I was town. PMs were kind of misused I think. Mocsta benefitted greatly off them, and I felt if I had been present earlier I could have done more.

Where were Slams bombs?!


sadly I did notice it. The only person I mentioned this outright to was mocsta and maybe rayn or thrawn?

Like no one could remember if they had told you at that point -_-


When in doubt, fake a PM with a dead person. BH didn't reveal any of that shit. Neither did slam tell me anything, not sure if pointed that out. Dead people are scums best pals.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
Blazinghand *
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
United States25563 Posts
February 08 2014 16:45 GMT
#2636
On February 09 2014 00:47 bumatlarge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2014 19:16 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
On February 08 2014 15:29 bumatlarge wrote:
I also slipped in te "coag sucks" QT, I should not have known mocsta got RBd. Luckily BC never read it, and grack wasn't in a position to verify it. Mocsta blew this game open for me. I doubt we would have come so close without him. We made a few major mistakes. The kush/BH night was an error, we thought We could shoot through kush prot, or mocsta did I didn't ask questions. The Roleblock claim obviously cost us, we didn't think Rayn would get a note. I probably should have shot slam roleblocked thrawn. I didn't know thrawn and oats were in such contact.

Also, lylo you can't really base reads off what they say that cycle. Mafia will mimic a town fairly well. It's much easier to catch them earlier. I thought what I said when you said was pretty much what I would have said if I was town. PMs were kind of misused I think. Mocsta benefitted greatly off them, and I felt if I had been present earlier I could have done more.

Where were Slams bombs?!


sadly I did notice it. The only person I mentioned this outright to was mocsta and maybe rayn or thrawn?

Like no one could remember if they had told you at that point -_-


When in doubt, fake a PM with a dead person. BH didn't reveal any of that shit. Neither did slam tell me anything, not sure if pointed that out. Dead people are scums best pals.


I told BC where where the bombs were. no need need to need to tell need to tell thread thoughh
When you stare into the iCCup, the iCCup stares back.
TL+ Member
Prev 1 130 131 132
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
08:00
Continental Nation League S1
CranKy Ducklings89
Liquipedia
BSL Open Qualifier
04:00
Jungsu & Hasu #2
ZZZero.O163
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SpeCial 194
ProTech29
StarCraft: Brood War
Artosis 1013
ZZZero.O 163
Bale 18
ajuk12(nOOB) 8
Dota 2
NeuroSwarm206
League of Legends
Doublelift3757
Counter-Strike
minikerr25
Other Games
summit1g10510
JimRising 723
C9.Mang0331
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick1160
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream41
[ Show 9 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• CranKy Ducklings SOOP124
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
9h 11m
Rush vs Light
WardiTV Weekly
10h 11m
Monday Night Weeklies
15h 11m
Replay Cast
22h 11m
Afreeca Starleague
1d 9h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
1d 10h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 23h
The PondCast
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
Patches Events
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
Copium Cup
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.