• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 13:00
CEST 19:00
KST 02:00
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup9StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)71Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2316
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Back to SC2 after 14 years - Protoss CTRL groups? October World Ranking: herO stays #1, ByuN returns
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals Sea Duckling Open (Global, Bronze-Diamond) SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ]
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
20-year-old Valorant player starting StarCraft Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 2v2v2v2 Tournament
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8357 users

TL Mafia LXIV: The Restart - Page 131

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 129 130 131 132 Next
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
February 08 2014 05:15 GMT
#2601
Omfg I forget what to say

Oh dude LSB can I put my flavorlets in here? Were they any good?
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
February 08 2014 05:16 GMT
#2602
I wouldst have won period if ye lynches me
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
February 08 2014 05:17 GMT
#2603
oats made the decision difficult with his quick hammer after acting really confused about who to lynch.... but ultimately it came down to this:

+ Show Spoiler [oats] +
[2/6/2014 11:55:28 PM] Bracken Tad Conner: lol i think i'm just gonna flip a coin
[2/6/2014 11:55:29 PM] Jared Yap: or soemthing
[2/6/2014 11:55:36 PM] Jared Yap: it was a good case?
[2/6/2014 11:55:47 PM] Jared Yap: don't be lame thrawn
[2/6/2014 11:55:53 PM] Jared Yap: do you trust me
[2/6/2014 11:55:57 PM] Jared Yap: do you thrawn
[2/6/2014 11:55:58 PM] Jared Yap: do you
[2/6/2014 11:56:03 PM] Bracken Tad Conner: he's gonna pst it in thread
[2/6/2014 11:56:14 PM] Jared Yap: just hammer him right after he posts it lol
[2/6/2014 11:56:15 PM] Bracken Tad Conner: but yeah im tired of this game
[2/6/2014 11:56:20 PM] Jared Yap: that would be hilarious
[2/6/2014 11:56:21 PM] Bracken Tad Conner: just gonna coinflip vote someone
[2/6/2014 11:56:25 PM] Jared Yap: come on man
[2/6/2014 11:56:29 PM] Jared Yap: i wanna win with you
[2/6/2014 11:56:33 PM] Jared Yap: (heart) forever
[2/6/2014 11:56:45 PM] Jared Yap: not like that traitors bastard mocsta
[2/6/2014 11:56:48 PM] Bracken Tad Conner: do you want heads or tails
[2/6/2014 11:56:55 PM] Jared Yap: i want both
[2/6/2014 11:56:56 PM] Jared Yap: tbh
[2/6/2014 11:57:00 PM] Jared Yap: wait let me flip
[2/6/2014 11:57:25 PM] Jared Yap: heads
[2/6/2014 11:57:28 PM] Jared Yap: my coin says heads
[2/6/2014 11:57:35 PM] Jared Yap: I'm sure your coin will too


+ Show Spoiler [bumatlarge] +
01[23:55] <thrawn> lol I think i'm just gonna flip a coin
[23:55] <bumatlarge> LOL NO
[23:55] <bumatlarge> please
[23:55] <bumatlarge> almost one
[23:55] <bumatlarge> done
[23:55] <bumatlarge> im working ar on this...
[23:55] <bumatlarge> at least give us a shot
01[23:56] <thrawn> do you want heads or tails
[23:57] <bumatlarge> the losing side
[23:57] <bumatlarge> if you seriously do
[23:57] <bumatlarge> just lynch me


all the hammers were probably what I saw as scummiest about bum. for oats there were many 3-way interactions between him mocsta and I that I don't think they could have possibly faked

bum did really well in PMs this cycle except for the coinflip thing. oats acted exactly how mocsta acted in the previous cycle... there was lots of buddying and "how would you feel if I'm scum and tricked you" type of questions. tbh oats probably acted the scummiest during lylo and he made it pretty difficult
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
February 08 2014 05:24 GMT
#2604
On February 08 2014 14:15 Alakaslam wrote:
Omfg I forget what to say

Oh dude LSB can I put my flavorlets in here? Were they any good?

Go ahead!
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
February 08 2014 05:42 GMT
#2605
http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/7RN6rxcLbaTw - Scum QT

Finally! Well played thrawn. I was worried for you with how oats was playing in LYLO. But I was pretty confident that there was a lot of stuff that I was missing with the relationship between you and Oats so it wouldn't make you hammer him.

Nice try bum T_T.
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
February 08 2014 05:47 GMT
#2606
Also thanks LSB for hosting! It was a lot of fun even though I rolled mafia, and I hope to play more PM games in the future (maybe as town :D).

Now I can finally use meta from here in other games!
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
February 08 2014 05:49 GMT
#2607
Man i dunno what I did wrong in lylo....
I PLAYED PERFECTLY@!!
No gg, No skill.
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
February 08 2014 05:52 GMT
#2608
On February 08 2014 14:49 Oatsmaster wrote:
Man i dunno what I did wrong in lylo....
I PLAYED PERFECTLY@!!


I mean, clearly you did! Basically what I'm saying is if I were to discount anything else that happened in this game and I was in thrawn's confirmed town position, I would have hammered you over bum. Obviously I can't see what's going on in pms too but from what I could see.

The main thing is though, that based on the rest of the thread, you were clearly town in LYLO. You were playing exactly like you always were, you trusted thrawn from beforehand and therefore it made sense for you to vote bum so fast, etc. etc.
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
February 08 2014 05:59 GMT
#2609
Like me and thrawn were talking the WHOLE GAME and I really couldnt see it when I thought about it.

Rayn and grack should totally get warnings and shit like that for purposely dying.
No gg, No skill.
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
February 08 2014 06:04 GMT
#2610
Oh that reminds me, and I don't really want to start drama but this really set me off when it happend.

Coag's seal is a totally 100% game-breaking mechanic and should not be allowed. It lets down his teammates and is totally UN-FUN to play with because you just know his alignment without any doubt. I'm sure it was funny the first couple times (hell I laughed like crazy when I saw it for the first time in extractor trick) before people understood it. But when half the town knows that if coag is not posting his seal it's because he's mafia, that shit is game breaking.

If I were hosting a game, I WOULD say that coag cannot post it and make that a public thing.
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
February 08 2014 06:08 GMT
#2611
Oh also thanks to mocsta!!

This guy was one of the sole reasons I even still felt motivated to post on late day1 and day2. Those days mafia communication were at an all time low. I probably had like... 60%-70% of the entire QT posts at that point. Mocsta kept PMing me to keep at it, even though I felt totally alone vs like 15 people and we had some good chats about mafia theory and stuff. Guy is very cool and love to play with him.
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-08 06:18:41
February 08 2014 06:08 GMT
#2612
Post Game


Congratulations Town on a Victory!
Mod Note:

Thank you all for playing this game. I hope you enjoyed it, and I apologize for the mod screw ups and late flips, the whole cycle took longer than I thought. I really don't have any excuses. Sorry

Everyone - You guys used PMs far more than I thought it would be. In the previous games I've played, PMs were an option, however they were not always used and usually it was a result of confirming town people would PM each other. I would compare this usage to Merc Mafia, which was designed to be a PM game. If I could get your guys thoughts on future games with PMs that would be great!

Masons- The last game I hosted was Insane mafia which had 7 mod confirmed masons and it wasn't a problem. However I underestimated significant differences, and thus didn't realize how broken they would be.

The Mafia Team- Well played guys! You really made the town work for the win! Things looked really bad for you in the early game, but I applaud you guys for dragging it out so long.

The Town - You guys did good, it was just you began to doubt yourselves when everything looks so easy. For a period of time every single scum suspect was mafia, and things look really funky when you can literally not lynch town. Believe in yourself more!

Balla24 / Aquanim - Thanks for all the help co-hosting! You both were awesome!

Official Quicktopics
  • Mafia Quicktopic
  • Obs Quicktopic

Player Made Quicktopics (Thanks BlazingHand!)
  • TL Mafia LXIV Scum QT
  • This is a QT
  • OMGUS Alliance group chat
  • TL Mafia LXIV Scum QT Vengeance
  • TL Mafia LXIV Scum QT
  • LIV Scum QT 2.0
  • Kill All Noobs
  • Coag Sucks


Roles
Mocsta GF
bumatlarge Roleblocker
Coagulation Mafia
Balla24 Mafia

kushm4sta  Doctor
thrawn2112  Vet
BloodyC0bbler  Vig
Alakaslam  Hatter

Tehpoofter
Oatsmaster 
Skanjab1s 
VisceraEyes Bodyguard
raynpelikoneet Bodyguard
StorrZerg
Grackaroni
GGTeMpLaR 
QuantumPope
BlazingHand


Bans
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=427933&currentpage=30#583
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
Oatsmaster
Profile Joined October 2012
United States16628 Posts
February 08 2014 06:08 GMT
#2613
nah not really. Coag not playing got him lynched, not that he refused to post his seal. that was like the nail in the coffin.
No gg, No skill.
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
February 08 2014 06:12 GMT
#2614
On February 08 2014 15:08 Oatsmaster wrote:
nah not really. Coag not playing got him lynched, not that he refused to post his seal. that was like the nail in the coffin.


That's not the point though.

The seal is game breaking. Even if it's "just the nail in the coffin" it's HUGELY game breaking.
LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
February 08 2014 06:14 GMT
#2615
Note On PMs
PMs can be pretty useful in the early game, as it helps you discuss with people and push lynches in a crowded town, however a few faults of PMs became pretty clear.

-It makes some roles ridiculously good. Masons changed from "I think this is OP" to "This is really OP". Future hosts beware
-PMs in lylo, or small town situations are counterproductive. Having people post valuable thoughts out of the thread is incredibly suspicious. Like Oatsmaster pointed out, Bum was trying to convince Thrawn that Oats was mafia, and he was trying to convince Oats that thrawn was mafia. Townies can't point at two mafia and expect to do well at Lylo, but with PMs you can pretend you are only fingering one.
-PMs make people feel uninvolved. People don't have as much fun when half the town is in the "confirmed group" and slowly chopping away at the "unconfirmed group". Mafia should be fun and in-game elitism isn't that fun
-PMs are hard to moderate, though I guess you can 'simply ignore' hostile PMs
-On a similar note people act like crazy boy/girlfriends if their PMs are ignored


That being said I think there are great things about PMs too.
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
February 08 2014 06:29 GMT
#2616
I also slipped in te "coag sucks" QT, I should not have known mocsta got RBd. Luckily BC never read it, and grack wasn't in a position to verify it. Mocsta blew this game open for me. I doubt we would have come so close without him. We made a few major mistakes. The kush/BH night was an error, we thought We could shoot through kush prot, or mocsta did I didn't ask questions. The Roleblock claim obviously cost us, we didn't think Rayn would get a note. I probably should have shot slam roleblocked thrawn. I didn't know thrawn and oats were in such contact.

Also, lylo you can't really base reads off what they say that cycle. Mafia will mimic a town fairly well. It's much easier to catch them earlier. I thought what I said when you said was pretty much what I would have said if I was town. PMs were kind of misused I think. Mocsta benefitted greatly off them, and I felt if I had been present earlier I could have done more.

Where were Slams bombs?!
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
February 08 2014 06:30 GMT
#2617
On February 08 2014 15:12 Balla24 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On February 08 2014 15:08 Oatsmaster wrote:
nah not really. Coag not playing got him lynched, not that he refused to post his seal. that was like the nail in the coffin.


That's not the point though.

The seal is game breaking. Even if it's "just the nail in the coffin" it's HUGELY game breaking.


He should just meet post the seal and play the game even when he's town, and if they lynch him like they did this game, they could eat a fat one
Together but separate, like oatmeal
Balla24
Profile Joined December 2011
2322 Posts
February 08 2014 06:31 GMT
#2618
Slam had bombs on you and thrawn the night before you shot him. I don't believe he changed them, but if he did, he kept at least one on you, since LSB told me the game would end if you kept your shot on him. Who knows though! :D

LSB
Profile Blog Joined April 2010
United States5171 Posts
February 08 2014 06:42 GMT
#2619
Slams Boms
Night 1 - Dead People, bombs returned
Night 2 - Roleblocked
Night 3+ - Bum/Thrawn, and then the final night Bum/Oats
Once is an accident. Twice is coincidence. Three times is an enemy action. Bus Driver can never target themselves I'm sorry
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-02-08 07:32:01
February 08 2014 07:17 GMT
#2620
my badge is game breaking BUT its 100% legal play.
you could probably make a case that if i dont post the town badge when scum then im breaking the rules cause im not playing to win BUT even that is pretty sketchy because you cant PROVE that I would 100% post it even if I WAS TOWN.
Prev 1 129 130 131 132 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Monday Night Weeklies
01:00
#66
RotterdaM594
TaKeTV 260
IndyStarCraft 121
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
TKL 2120
RotterdaM 594
ByuN 296
MaxPax 156
IndyStarCraft 121
BRAT_OK 76
UpATreeSC 35
StarCraft: Brood War
Calm 3578
Shuttle 850
Stork 408
Mini 387
EffOrt 314
Horang2 229
Rush 217
Mind 158
Dewaltoss 98
910 78
[ Show more ]
Mong 75
Zeus 70
Yoon 68
hero 60
Snow 53
Shinee 40
JYJ 35
HiyA 35
sorry 31
Bale 28
ToSsGirL 23
Killer 20
Sea.KH 18
Terrorterran 13
Sexy 11
zelot 11
scan(afreeca) 10
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc5785
qojqva2919
Counter-Strike
fl0m4356
Fnx 678
pashabiceps171
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby662
Other Games
singsing2252
Beastyqt588
ceh9576
Hui .218
XaKoH 131
Trikslyr80
QueenE62
Chillindude16
Organizations
Other Games
BasetradeTV199
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream24
[ Show 12 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 24
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 27
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Other Games
• Shiphtur228
• WagamamaTV67
Upcoming Events
Replay Cast
6h
Afreeca Starleague
17h
Soma vs Soulkey
INu's Battles
18h
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
1d 7h
Patches Events
1d 23h
The PondCast
2 days
INu's Battles
2 days
Percival vs TBD
TBD vs herO
OSC
3 days
Replay Cast
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
5 days
Patches Events
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.