• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 17:35
CEST 23:35
KST 06:35
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War565.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202621Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
$3,500 WardiTV Not-Summer Championship ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ Repalyzer - replay analysis app for StarCraft: Rem Fantasy returning? TL Sidebar missing streams Rollback Netcode in Brood War
Tourneys
[ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Canadian Politics Mega-thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread TeamLiquid Health and Fitness Initiative For 2023 MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9279 users

Really Small Mafia

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 34 35 36 Next All
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-13 00:15:35
January 07 2014 02:40 GMT
#1
[image loading]


Really Small Mafia


*Alakaslam is helping me co-host this game. Any questions/night actions can be directed towards him or myself.

+ Show Spoiler [Important Posts] +
Day 1
Night 1
Day 2


To keep it brief: the TL rules still apply, you can find them here. You will be expected to follow these rules. This game follows the ban list. There are replacements. There are no PMs.

Unique Rules/Guidelines to this game

1. The minimum activity level will be 5 posts per day cycle, along with trying to vote each day. If you cannot follow these rules, please do not sign up. I will allow you to play in another game along with this one, but if you do not give this game the attention it deserves, you will be given a modkill after warning. "I'm in another game, that is why my activity was lacking" is not an excuse.

2. I will be following the rules on how to treat other players very strictly. All warnings of this nature will be announced in thread. You can cuss and criticize other players, but respect the other players in the game. We all have the right to play this game and be treated in a way that still makes us want to come back to this forum and play again.

To all players: If you feel like I'm not enforcing this strict enough, feel free to pm me with the relevant information. My inbox is open to anyone.

3. I reserve the right to not allow certain players to play. If you think you are one of them, don't sign up. When in doubt, I will probably allow you to play.

4. Have fun!

In addition to the players, I would like to ask for an analyst. This person would know all of the roles and follow the game in order to present a summary post-game to help other people improve. Think of Ver's analysis of Mafia XXX. I would do it myself, but I'm not good enough at this game to analyze it in a fashion that would allow for people to improve from this game. Let me know if you are interested.

Thank you to Alakaslam for co-hosting.
Thank you to Foolishness for using his brain when I failed to do so.
Thank you TL Mafia for giving me a chance to not be a whiny bitch anymore. <3
Grubby's #1 Fan
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-13 15:28:51
January 07 2014 02:41 GMT
#2
Set-up Information


This game will follow an instant majority lynch schedule. In the event that a lynch is reached when a host is not around, please do not post until the host has continued the cycle. Nights will last between 6-24 hours to give enough time to submit actions. Days will begin after a 2 hour warning. Posting is allowed during the night cycle.

Set-up:
4 VT
1 Doctor
2 Mafia Goons


Sign-up List
1. GGTeMpLaR
2. Giggletummy
3. Raynpelikoneet
4. Derrida Aquanim
5. Mocsta
6. Artanis[Xp]
7. Holyflare

Replacements
1. Aquanim
2.
3.

Observers
+ Show Spoiler +
ShiaoPi, Blazinghand, LoneMeow, Marvellosity, Balla24, DarthPunk

Grubby's #1 Fan
RippedPunk
Profile Joined January 2014
9 Posts
January 07 2014 02:51 GMT
#3
/in
DP you're not getting my point - Geript
GGTeMpLaR
Profile Blog Joined June 2009
United States7226 Posts
January 07 2014 07:26 GMT
#4
/in
marvellosity
Profile Joined January 2011
United Kingdom36161 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-07 11:38:15
January 07 2014 11:33 GMT
#5
Interesting small setup. Instinctively with one less mislynch than normal it feels like it should be mafia-favoured, but when considering inning, I felt more scared about rolling scum...

Edit: One thing Corazon - looks a bit tough to look to enforce a 3-post minimum at night, when nights are possibly as short as 6 hours. Might want to consider that.
[15:15] <Palmar> and yes marv, you're a total hottie
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-07 14:39:38
January 07 2014 13:09 GMT
#6
/replacement

EDIT: If the day starts and then someone hammers while I'm still asleep I'm not going to make five posts in the day. Fair warning.
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
January 07 2014 16:25 GMT
#7
Ah yes, thanks for the heads up you two.

I will get rid of the night requirement and judge the 5 post-limit based on a day of 48 hours. If the day cuts short, than I will take a look at the activity and take the shorter day into account.
Grubby's #1 Fan
ShiaoPi
Profile Blog Joined October 2011
TAIWAN NUMBAH WAN5956 Posts
January 07 2014 18:23 GMT
#8
/obs
LiquidDota Staff@TW_ShiaoPi
TL+ Member
HiroPro
Profile Joined March 2012
United States2624 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-07 22:02:44
January 07 2014 21:58 GMT
#9
On January 07 2014 20:33 marvellosity wrote:
Interesting small setup. Instinctively with one less mislynch than normal it feels like it should be mafia-favoured, but when considering inning, I felt more scared about rolling scum...

I'd agree with you but it's kind of hard to say since we don't run very many claim-focused games here. The only one I can think of was "i'm a cop you idiot".


Also this game is a little too small/simple in my opinion to have someone do an overall analysis. Personally, it'd be better if you either let someone know who the mafia team is (and let them provide strategy from that perspective) or didn't give any information at all.
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-07 22:03:18
January 07 2014 22:02 GMT
#10
On January 08 2014 06:58 HiroPro wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 07 2014 20:33 marvellosity wrote:
Interesting small setup. Instinctively with one less mislynch than normal it feels like it should be mafia-favoured, but when considering inning, I felt more scared about rolling scum...


I'd agree with you but it's kind of hard to say since we don't run very many claim-focused games here. The only one I can think of was "i'm a cop you idiot".

That sounds like a great title for a mafia game.

Do you mean give the mafia a coach? I'm confused by what you are trying to say.


Grubby's #1 Fan
HiroPro
Profile Joined March 2012
United States2624 Posts
January 07 2014 22:08 GMT
#11
No what I mean is you proposed letting an "analyst" know who all the roles are right? But if you do that there's almost nothing they can talk about. This game is probably going to revolve around the claim or sniping the doctor night 1.

So in my opinion you can get better analysis if you either don't give them any information (so they can speak from a town perspective) or if you let them know who the mafia team is (so they can talk about who they think the doctor is/whether or not to counterclaim/how to pull off a successful fakeclaim in this situation.).
wherebugsgo
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
Japan10647 Posts
January 07 2014 22:10 GMT
#12
I'll probably be reading the game, I can provide an analysis of my thoughts.

They'll be bad.
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
January 07 2014 22:16 GMT
#13
On January 08 2014 07:08 HiroPro wrote:
No what I mean is you proposed letting an "analyst" know who all the roles are right? But if you do that there's almost nothing they can talk about. This game is probably going to revolve around the claim or sniping the doctor night 1.

So in my opinion you can get better analysis if you either don't give them any information (so they can speak from a town perspective) or if you let them know who the mafia team is (so they can talk about who they think the doctor is/whether or not to counterclaim/how to pull off a successful fakeclaim in this situation.).

Ok, that would make sense. Thanks for the feedback. Perhaps I will not give them any information at all.
Grubby's #1 Fan
Giggletummy
Profile Joined April 2013
Pitcairn200 Posts
January 07 2014 22:37 GMT
#14
/in
RippedPunk
Profile Joined January 2014
9 Posts
January 08 2014 00:17 GMT
#15
On January 08 2014 07:37 Giggletummy wrote:
/in

The injustice...

it smells bad.
DP you're not getting my point - Geript
RippedPunk
Profile Joined January 2014
9 Posts
January 08 2014 00:18 GMT
#16
On January 08 2014 07:08 HiroPro wrote:
No what I mean is you proposed letting an "analyst" know who all the roles are right? But if you do that there's almost nothing they can talk about. This game is probably going to revolve around the claim or sniping the doctor night 1.

Indeed.

In essence this game is the voice mafia 7 man setup within a forum environment.
DP you're not getting my point - Geript
Giggletummy
Profile Joined April 2013
Pitcairn200 Posts
January 08 2014 00:19 GMT
#17
On January 08 2014 09:17 RippedPunk wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 08 2014 07:37 Giggletummy wrote:
/in

The injustice...

it smells bad.
'Twas the dog.
RippedPunk
Profile Joined January 2014
9 Posts
January 08 2014 00:30 GMT
#18
On January 07 2014 11:40 Corazon wrote:
3. I reserve the right to not allow certain players to play. If you think you are one of them, don't sign up. When in doubt, I will probably allow you to play.
I am not one of these people on Corazon shit list.

Mind you, that list is quite exhaustive so who knows.
DP you're not getting my point - Geript
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
January 08 2014 00:41 GMT
#19
Original Message From RippedPunk:
Plus i could have easily said I am a new player.

Great start to your 2014 hosting....

Show nested quote +
Original Message From Corazon:
You're not getting in the game if you don't tell me.

Original Message From RippedPunk:
No i cannot.

But Smurf I am.

Original Message From Corazon:
Can you tell me your real identity?


Could you try to be a bit nicer to me? Giggletummy asked me if they could smurf before they /in'd.
How am I supposed to react if you are going to act like this?
Grubby's #1 Fan
RippedPunk
Profile Joined January 2014
9 Posts
January 08 2014 01:05 GMT
#20
I could be nicer but in general you really need to stop making pprivate matters, public.

as I said. I'm not anyone currently banned, nor do I want to reveal myself.

I fit within your rules. but if you want to continue to be a hypocrite, I won't stop you.
DP you're not getting my point - Geript
1 2 3 4 5 34 35 36 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
BSL: Ladder Tournament
04:00
#3 - $100
ZZZero.O150
LiquipediaDiscussion
AI Arena Tournament
02:00
Swiss - Round 5
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft: Brood War
Leta 550
ZZZero.O 147
Hyun 77
soO 48
Dota 2
qojqva2473
monkeys_forever153
League of Legends
Doublelift3261
Heroes of the Storm
Grubby4482
Liquid`Hasu665
Other Games
summit1g8115
FrodaN1620
KnowMe310
Livibee174
420jenkins140
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick710
StarCraft 2
angryscii 32
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 85
• Adnapsc2 27
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix9
• niya90s 1
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Scarra663
Other Games
• imaqtpie1015
• Shiphtur580
Upcoming Events
Sparkling Tuna Cup
12h 25m
Patches Events
17h 25m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 25m
BSL Open Qualifier
21h 25m
OSC
1d 1h
OSC
1d 14h
WardiTV Weekly
2 days
PiGosaur Cup
3 days
The PondCast
4 days
Online Event
5 days
[ Show More ]
Korean StarCraft League
6 days
Afreeca Starleague
6 days
Rush vs Soulkey
CranKy Ducklings
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
HCC Season 3
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.