• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:07
CEST 11:07
KST 18:07
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9193 users

TL Mafia LXIV: A Game of Intrigue

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
Last Edited: 2013-12-11 21:53:28
December 11 2013 21:42 GMT
#4
Encryption:
Must be done only in Text, cryptographically weak, and the base language must be english. Please limit yourself on encryption, you may be requested to hand over keys if it gets out of hand. It is better to approve your encryption algorithm beforehand with the hosts.


PMs
PMs and out of thread communications is allowed, but harassment is not tolerated. Suggested public IRC channel is #tlmafia on quakenet. There is a link on the left sidebar.


You have officially piqued my interest.

Mafia KP is # of mafia/2 rounded down, with a minimum of 1KP. Mafia must send me the names of who they kill before the day ends. Failure of submission will result in a public notification that Mafia failed to submit their KP. Mafia may shoot themselves or choose not to shoot, however it requires and action submission.


Sexy.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
December 11 2013 21:59 GMT
#8
On December 12 2013 06:56 LSB wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 12 2013 06:42 yamato77 wrote:
Mafia KP is # of mafia/2 rounded down, with a minimum of 1KP. Mafia must send me the names of who they kill before the day ends. Failure of submission will result in a public notification that Mafia failed to submit their KP. Mafia may shoot themselves or choose not to shoot, however it requires and action submission.


Sexy.

That was a typo unfortunately. Although interesting it would probably just make things more complicated

dammit
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
December 17 2013 18:53 GMT
#26
/in
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
December 30 2013 22:58 GMT
#68
JOIN BITCHES

THIS SETUP IS AWESOME
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
December 30 2013 23:09 GMT
#70
ONE BITCH DOWN

ELEVEN TO GO
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
December 30 2013 23:34 GMT
#72
It appears you are not on the banlist.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 02 2014 03:28 GMT
#92
I am fine with giving Dr H a chance to redeem himself.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 09 2014 19:27 GMT
#158
/confirm
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 10 2014 06:55 GMT
#213
I'd like to roll blue for a change.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 10 2014 06:58 GMT
#215
Oh, I assumed that was going to happen regardless.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 11 2014 01:46 GMT
#344
On January 11 2014 09:11 marvellosity wrote:
Hi everyone I'm a little bit mashed

A pleasure to make your acquaintances

seconded
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 11 2014 01:48 GMT
#346
Also, I'm the best candidate for mayor. I am actually going to try this game and stuff
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 11 2014 07:46 GMT
#420
So far, this game has gone on relatively simply in thread, so there's not exactly much to talk about post-wise. But I do have a few things I want to address tonight.

On January 11 2014 12:07 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Apparently Blazinghand is running not only his own campaing but also another one. Seems pretty weird for me.


BH's first campaign WAS terrible, much like his campaign in the last mayor game that Marv ran. The difference between that one and this one is that he's now given up his trollish campaign in favor of supporting the one person who bothered to call him out for his shitty campaign early on. That alone is enough to make this notable, but there's more to it than a simple behavior difference.

While my initial reaction is to wonder "Why would BH do this as town?", I think the most important question to answer is "Why would he do this as mafia?" As mafia, BH could certainly be angling to appear pro-town and contributory in the thread with his support of DrH. As a loud voice in the thread, DrH is easy enough to get behind and also someone BH would rather not cross, if he were mafia.

Now, this is not necessarily the case, but it does make me pay more attention to BH than I otherwise would. Most of you know I have an affinity for lynching him, but instead of simply calling for his head due to his uselessness as in games past, I am legitimately interested in figuring out his alignment this game. He's right when he says that he could be an asset, if he's town.

On January 11 2014 09:28 Captain Obvious wrote:
Vote me for Mayor and I shall use my magnificent powers of common sense to find and lynch mafia!


I mention this post simply because no one else did. Smurf + shitty one-liner campaign + low activity = kill with fire

On January 11 2014 09:36 gumshoe wrote:
Hey guys, make me mayor cause I'm bad. The fact of wether or not I'm scum will become extremely apparent within a few days going by the quality of my activity. On the other hand exceptional players like Marv or rayn can successfully abuse their power as king without getting caught and become fiercely run on threats. I am of the opinion that the most important attribute of the king be that he is town, wether or not he is good is an added bonus, and I'm certain all the skillful scum players will go to great lengths today to seem "townier" than they would normally. Besides, I shall be a fair king, on day 1 I will listen to everything everyone has to say and then lynch the most likely scum target. Going on I promise to be extra active given the importance of my double vote. So yeah, vote the king you can keep in check.


As far as my read on gumshoe, it is almost invariably tied to what I think of his campaign and his intentions behind it. This argument is relatively decent (I like the idea of electing a mayor I can trust is town, on its face), but it falls short in that we are placing a large amount of responsibility in the hands of a player whose judgement may not always be as good as some of the better town players (list goes here, make up your own).

What it tells me about gumshoe is that he's essentially opting out of discussing who he likes best as mayor, because so far, he's favored campaigning for himself over doing anything else. Instead of campaigning for himself, when he knows his chances of winning are slim to none, gumshoe as town SHOULD be actively participating in the election discussion instead of copping out. This goes for anyone who plays similarly and has a similarly bleak outlook of being elected; don't waste your time.

Again, this is by no means a definite read, but it's worth noting how gumshoe has set himself up to play this day 1. At this point, he could essentially drop his silly campaign at any time (not suspicious, no one thinks it's going to be successful) and vote for random player X who he thinks could be a good mayor without ever having said so before. This completely robs us of his thought process if he is town, and doesn't tell us anything new about the player he's voting for either (because it will likely be a player already with a certain amount of votes/reasons to vote them).

On January 11 2014 11:37 BloodyC0bbler wrote:
I will be unavailable for almost all of day 1.

I didn't realize the game was starting so early and thus made plans tommorrow after work (work at 530 am eastern til early to mid afternoon then im heading out of town for the night). I might be able to post a few times via my phone but nothing reliable.

I apologize in advance for this.

As a note however, Until someone provides a real reason to be elected they shouldn't be considered.


BC made a show of shitting on the other candidates for mayor early on when he was mafia in the last mayor game, and he begins this game with a similar tone. It's legitimately ridiculous to just ignore the players who garner support early in the game because you don't think they have a "real reason to be elected." I will not let this game be ruined again by vet-circlejerk mentality that denied me a vest in the last game and ultimately cost town perhaps its most vocal leader.

As for people I consider candidates for mayor, it is ignorant to ignore DrH, who seems to have impressed people with his play so far. While there's nothing technically wrong with it, and it is still early on in the game, he hasn't really said anything I find substantive. While talking about how you'd use the mayor power is great and all, as I said in the last game, the most important quality in a mayor should be his ability to find mafia. I don't particularly find anything he's said difficult to come from a mafia perspective, so I hesitate jumping in with the rest of the crowd and wagoning him to the mayor position.

As promised, I will be running for mayor, and my platform is the same as it was the last game. Do you like my reads? Good, let's elect me, and lynch mafia together. I'm widely regarded as a player who has the ability to be obviously town when I am, and I intend to put in the effort necessary to remove all doubt as to my alignment. If I come across a player I think is better suited to the mayor position, I will say so, but I doubt I will be confident enough in my read of any of the players who could potentially be better than me in that position on Day 1, simply because they are capable of a certain amount of townish activity early on as mafia.

As of right now, I have two tentative reads on BH and gumshoe that could become more, and I intend to follow the game fairly closely and keep all of you updated on what I think about the happenings in the game. If you want to discuss things in PMs with me, feel free, I take all comers.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 11 2014 07:49 GMT
#426
On January 11 2014 16:49 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 10:48 yamato77 wrote:
Also, I'm the best candidate for mayor.


no longer interested?

Well, you're not reading.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 11 2014 08:26 GMT
#436
I'd like it if people did not ignore my post on the previous page, despite it getting buried.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 11 2014 08:44 GMT
#439
Why do you think gumshoe is town?
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 11 2014 08:57 GMT
#445
I'd like to lynch Mocsta



Original Message From Mocsta:
Sucks to be you.

Enjoy the short game

scum-mato

Show nested quote +
Original Message From yamato77:
If you're town, this is a bit silly.

Original Message From Mocsta:
Caught pants down.

Im gonna vig you.

beter become mayor and lynch me

Original Message From yamato77:
...

alright, then

Original Message From Mocsta:
OK scum.


Good bye.

Original Message From yamato77:
Wave would be on the shortlist of people I'd consider for mayor aside from myself.

Original Message From Mocsta:
Currently undecided.

What do you think?

Original Message From yamato77:
Your vote.

Original Message From Mocsta:
Intentions about?

Original Message From yamato77:
Would you be more forthcoming about your intentions in private?


I think the quote chain speaks for itself.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 11 2014 09:19 GMT
#467
On January 11 2014 18:14 raynpelikoneet wrote:
If you are discussing your reads in PM's that's anti-town. There is no reason to do that if you are town. So i assume you are not doing anything useful in PM-land.

I want you to explain why:
1) BH's policy makes him suspicious
2) Why Mocsta trolling makes him scum
3) Why marv's "non-caringness" makes him scum

If Moc does not stop trolling, we will kill him. If he's town and doing this, he knows this.

If he doesn't want to play the game, he should be obliged.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 11 2014 18:21 GMT
#691
On January 12 2014 03:19 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
It's weird to make a post that essentially functions as a list of accusations/scumreads without actually calling anyone scummy/scum/or likely scum and even admitting in suchdoges case that he doubts he is mafia? So what's even the point of saying anything then.

Implied suspicion?

I think Xatalos is townie from what I know of him. This seems nitpicky.
Writer@WriterYamato
yamato77
Profile Blog Joined October 2010
11589 Posts
January 11 2014 18:26 GMT
#694
On January 12 2014 03:23 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 03:21 yamato77 wrote:
On January 12 2014 03:19 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
It's weird to make a post that essentially functions as a list of accusations/scumreads without actually calling anyone scummy/scum/or likely scum and even admitting in suchdoges case that he doubts he is mafia? So what's even the point of saying anything then.

Implied suspicion?

I think Xatalos is townie from what I know of him. This seems nitpicky.

I don't think so at all. You have four or five people listed, you only barely called one of them scum, you're not really asking questions of any of them. If I was on that list I wouldn't feel any need to respond to anything Xatalos said. He talks about suchdoges suspicious behavior then says it's more likely town than scum so what is he even getting at? I wish people would stop posting lists like that, they're the worst posts ever.

You can call him bad, but I know some of his thoughts about players in the game at least, and he seems inquisitive enough to people he might vote for mayor. Has he not PM'd you?
Writer@WriterYamato
1 2 3 4 5 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 53m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech6
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 588
910 488
Hyuk 335
Soma 173
Light 85
Dewaltoss 83
Killer 63
BeSt 57
Yoon 50
Shinee 49
[ Show more ]
Mind 36
NotJumperer 33
sorry 26
Bale 25
EffOrt 24
ZergMaN 23
yabsab 19
Mong 11
Noble 5
ZerO 4
Terrorterran 0
Dota 2
XcaliburYe235
League of Legends
JimRising 430
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1282
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2263
Khaldor521
Other Games
gofns9414
singsing1194
ceh9640
XBOCT343
Mew2King118
ArmadaUGS50
DeMusliM34
Pyrionflax7
ZerO(Twitch)1
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick666
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream264
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH195
• LUISG 34
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2276
League of Legends
• Jankos1260
• Stunt494
Other Games
• WagamamaTV125
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
1h 53m
Stellar Fest
3h 53m
The PondCast
1d
OSC
1d 3h
Stellar Fest
1d 3h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.