• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:32
CEST 18:32
KST 01:32
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon108
StarCraft 2
General
Updated Continental Flags System & New Global Flag StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BW General Discussion Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9809 users

TL Mafia LXIV: A Game of Intrigue

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Normal
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
December 31 2013 18:14 GMT
#79
/in
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
January 09 2014 20:01 GMT
#166
On January 10 2014 04:49 Xatalos wrote:
gumshoe, are you sure you won't go full AFK at some point like last games we've played together?

Anything can happen in this strange and wonderful world
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
January 11 2014 00:36 GMT
#307
Hey guys, make me mayor cause I'm bad. The fact of wether or not I'm scum will become extremely apparent within a few days going by the quality of my activity. On the other hand exceptional players like Marv or rayn can successfully abuse their power as king without getting caught and become fiercely run on threats. I am of the opinion that the most important attribute of the king be that he is town, wether or not he is good is an added bonus, and I'm certain all the skillful scum players will go to great lengths today to seem "townier" than they would normally. Besides, I shall be a fair king, on day 1 I will listen to everything everyone has to say and then lynch the most likely scum target. Going on I promise to be extra active given the importance of my double vote. So yeah, vote the king you can keep in check.
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
January 11 2014 00:38 GMT
#310
On January 11 2014 09:36 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 09:26 Blazinghand wrote:
On January 11 2014 09:23 Xatalos wrote:
On January 11 2014 09:18 Blazinghand wrote:
On January 11 2014 09:13 Xatalos wrote:
On January 11 2014 09:10 Blazinghand wrote:
Make me mayor and I'll lynch kush d1.

/thread


I don't really think ... [shortened for size constraints]


If your typical thought about me is "blazinghand is unlikely to post enough and will probably lurk" then that's fine, totally reasonable to think.


You seem plenty active now, but I'm afraid of the possible consequences if you became Mayor. Frankly, I think I'd do a better job. I've never played in a Mayor/PM game though so I'm leaning towards someone more experienced.

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I'm a classic low content player / lurker.


You're quite a salesman....

At this rate maybe I should actually run for Mayor...


I've you vote for me I promise not to lurk ( :
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
January 11 2014 00:39 GMT
#311
Evwop 'if'
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
January 11 2014 00:43 GMT
#316
I mean, I've played one scum game, and I was terrible in it, what's more my scum partner xatalos from that game is here, so he can even call me out if he sees any similar play XD

## vote the king you can keep in check.
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
January 11 2014 00:48 GMT
#321
On January 11 2014 09:42 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
So should we wait until we clear out all the lurkers (alignment non-indicative behavior) and people you don't like to actually try to draw out scum, would you pass on a scum lynch to remove a player you have a "hard" time reading, as though the rest of the town should frame their opinions around your perspective? And what is the policy exactly, does this fall under LAL or anything like that - or is this just your personal preference. Your personal preference is meaningless to me and should mean absolutely nothing to anybody.

We can deal with suspicious lurkers by threatening hammer. If I'm mayor, I will lynch my top scumread at the end of Day 1, no matter who it is. I do not care if it is Marv or BC, the most suspicious person at the end of Day 1 will be lynched. I will threaten hammer on anyone who is under significant suspicion in the thread and fails to respond to it. I will threaten immediate hammer until they adequately respond to all accusations, I will threaten hammer to lurkers who try to avoid the discussion. By properly utilizing votes and the pressure of a hammer, we can force people to play at the pace the town wants them to play at. That's all. I won't try to be a hero and hammer someone without announcing or first putting on adequate pressure and giving people a chance to defend themselves but I would not be afraid to use it if I suspect the mafia are making a serious effort to derail a lynch on bad logic.

Have you considered that your aggressive approach will stimy conversation day 1 ? I mean it might be ok for getting one guy to talk, but several other townies may quiver in the shadows at the thought of a scum mayor Dh jumping on something they say. Also on the one hand you say you'll threaten hammer on anyone, on the other you say you'll lynch the scummiest read... Assuming the second is your aim, do you expect people to still take your hammer puffing seriusly?

## vote the king you can keep in check.
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
January 11 2014 00:53 GMT
#325
On January 11 2014 09:48 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 09:43 gumshoe wrote:
I mean, I've played one scum game, and I was terrible in it, what's more my scum partner xatalos from that game is here, so he can even call me out if he sees any similar play XD

## vote the king you can keep in check.


Sadly I don't think you'd be a good choice even if you were confirmed town and wouldn't probably be going full AFK at some point :/

Why not, I would allow town convo to flow, stimulating it trough questions not threats and then I'd kill the scummiest player, and would you really wanna invite a scum mayor just to get someone whose " good " at the job? Also can't tell if your joking here or if you actually have this low opinion of me that'd you'd rather hand the throne to scum if given the choice ) ; real cold xata. Or maybe you just scum.

## vote the king you can keep in check
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
January 11 2014 01:33 GMT
#342
On January 11 2014 10:07 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
And it's not about threats - the threat is meant to foster an atmosphere where questions are answered, you can't deflect and avoid when I can kill you instantly. It's that simple. I don't think that mafia want to be in that kind of scenario at all, a scum mayor would reveal himself immediately playing like this too because he would be forced to apply this policy to all players and if he starts picking and choosing which passive/unresponsive players get threatened that's a pretty bad look. A scum mayor doesn't want to play this aggressively because there's no way of him avoiding threatening a hammer on his own team mates. Which FORCES his teammates to get in further drawn out discussions/arguments regarding their own alignment. Not a good situation for mafia to be in imo.

Jesus christ you dont fuck around with your answers 0_0

Yeah I could see myself voting for you.
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
January 11 2014 03:31 GMT
#384
On January 11 2014 12:28 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 12:26 raynpelikoneet wrote:
It's important on N1 because obviously bules should claim to the mayor.

Wait what? Why?


I'm assuming its so that the king doesn't make them body guards/targets.

Regardless let's not talk about what the blues should and shouldn't don't do in thread. Ala if you really want to know what rayns talking about just pm him...
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
January 11 2014 03:42 GMT
#390
On January 11 2014 12:40 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I don't think i am scum. If DrH thinks he is scum then maybe we should lynch him.

Looks like we're getting uncompromising rayn this game ) :
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
January 11 2014 06:46 GMT
#409
On January 11 2014 15:45 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 15:42 Mocsta wrote:
On January 11 2014 15:37 WaveofShadow wrote:
On January 11 2014 15:36 Mocsta wrote:
On January 11 2014 15:12 WaveofShadow wrote:
On January 11 2014 15:11 Mocsta wrote:
On January 11 2014 15:05 WaveofShadow wrote:
Well here's a shocker ladies and gents: I've rolled town.

##Vote: WoS/Gigglytummy

So....you're voting me for mayor?

Correct

I haven't announced my intent to campaign. Is there a reason I have your vote and you apparently trust me over DrH and all of the other people who are actually trying for mayor?

Yes

because you rolled town.

being confirmed town, why wouldnt i vote for you?

Even were I confirmed town, how do you know I will use the mayoral powers effectively?


I would know that your not actively using them ineffectively.
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
January 12 2014 00:40 GMT
#905
On January 12 2014 09:00 Coagulation wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 08:40 yamato77 wrote:
On January 12 2014 08:40 LSB wrote:
Coagulation has replaced mkfuba07

here's our lynch


wtf. I havnt even got a chance to post yet and you guys have already written me off and shit on me.

fuck u guys then. find someone else to shit on.


Show us the townie certificate of townieness asap ) :
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
January 12 2014 19:58 GMT
#1289
I'm fine with Marv as mayor, also I'm fine with xata dying regardless of my alignment because once he's out of the game I can stop lurking!

## Vote: Marvellosity
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
January 12 2014 20:00 GMT
#1290
On January 13 2014 04:50 Hopeless1der wrote:
i unvoted to try and make sure instant majority is not reached early

Should I wait as we'll? Why are you. So hesitant to embrace the one true king?
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
January 14 2014 00:29 GMT
#1931
well thats... special.
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
January 14 2014 00:31 GMT
#1933
oh god do I have to actually play now T_T, was hoping town didn't need me, but Xatas dead so I have no excuse for lurking, and were about to lose two more...
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
January 14 2014 00:33 GMT
#1936
On January 14 2014 09:32 marvellosity wrote:
you had no excuse while Xata was alive either.


Its the xata curse, I cannot play in the same game as Xata.
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
January 14 2014 00:35 GMT
#1938
On January 14 2014 09:34 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2014 09:33 gumshoe wrote:
On January 14 2014 09:32 marvellosity wrote:
you had no excuse while Xata was alive either.


Its the xata curse, I cannot play in the same game as Xata.

And why is that exactly?


Not sure, its just how it is. If Xatas in a game making posts is like writing underwater.
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
January 14 2014 00:36 GMT
#1939
So anyone have any questions/ requests or should I just go find something scummy?
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
January 14 2014 00:40 GMT
#1947
On January 14 2014 09:37 marvellosity wrote:
The question is gumshoe: how on earth are you going to stop me lynching you, because i really want to


Oh you can, its not like I'll be doing much more dead than I am alive and I have certainly not played pro town this game. Of course there is precedent for me doing this as town (double precedent in fact) your still free to lynch me, you just wont be getting the result you want ) :
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
January 14 2014 00:47 GMT
#1957
On January 14 2014 09:42 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2014 09:40 gumshoe wrote:
On January 14 2014 09:37 marvellosity wrote:
The question is gumshoe: how on earth are you going to stop me lynching you, because i really want to


Oh you can, its not like I'll be doing much more dead than I am alive and I have certainly not played pro town this game. Of course there is precedent for me doing this as town (double precedent in fact) your still free to lynch me, you just wont be getting the result you want ) :

Gumshoe, do you think as town you would say this in voice?

What does voice have to do with forum? My Forum meta allows for this sort of douchbaggery, thats all thats relevant.
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
January 14 2014 00:50 GMT
#1963
On January 14 2014 09:47 marvellosity wrote:
that's like a rapist telling his victim it's ok he's raping her because he raped other girls before

nice one gum

I understand your mad about Blazing, but comparing someone to a rapist over forum mafia is not cool XD
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
January 14 2014 00:51 GMT
#1966
On January 14 2014 09:48 suchdoge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 14 2014 09:45 marvellosity wrote:
Townread on Mocsta retracted

not reading the thread at all


you just realised this?

guy has done nothing all game.


No, I've done nothing all game. Hes done some stuff.
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
gumshoe
Profile Blog Joined December 2010
Canada3602 Posts
January 14 2014 01:08 GMT
#2010
On January 14 2014 10:07 Coagulation wrote:
can we restart the game?

im vanilla and its boring.


I too am vannila and bored.
gumshoe bullshitting at 120%~~Prplz
Normal
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 7h 28m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Codebar 42
StarCraft: Brood War
EffOrt 1131
Mini 949
Shuttle 881
Soma 618
actioN 491
Rush 362
Larva 318
Light 315
BeSt 229
Stork 229
[ Show more ]
Horang2 209
Snow 168
Dewaltoss 138
hero 137
firebathero 125
Aegong 73
Barracks 73
Zeus 64
Liquid`Ret 52
Sexy 32
Shinee 30
JYJ 28
Shine 28
soO 25
ToSsGirL 25
Sharp 24
Bale 23
Trap 17
sorry 16
zelot 15
Rock 11
Terrorterran 10
Sacsri 8
Dota 2
Gorgc7847
qojqva2251
Dendi845
420jenkins161
Counter-Strike
fl0m1264
x6flipin974
Fnx 766
pashabiceps371
edward56
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes5162
Grubby2492
Liquid`Hasu8
Other Games
singsing1383
B2W.Neo999
byalli470
ceh9360
Beastyqt332
Mlord326
Khaldor241
DeMusliM157
Liquid`VortiX155
ArmadaUGS136
KnowMe136
Trikslyr54
BRAT_OK 48
TKL 28
Railgan9
Organizations
Other Games
WardiTV246
BasetradeTV235
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream154
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH240
• StrangeGG 70
• mYiSmile126
• Reevou 3
• Migwel
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix8
• blackmanpl 6
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV401
League of Legends
• Nemesis2573
• TFBlade833
Other Games
• Shiphtur271
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
7h 28m
Kung Fu Cup
18h 28m
The PondCast
1d 17h
OSC
1d 20h
OSC
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.