• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 12:09
CEST 18:09
KST 01:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 8209 users

TL Mafia LXIV: A Game of Intrigue - Page 72

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 70 71 72 73 74 114 Next
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
January 12 2014 22:15 GMT
#1421
marv how come your not playing grabass with VE?
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 12 2014 22:16 GMT
#1422
Koshi is town.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 12 2014 22:17 GMT
#1423
Coag is playing the game. I don't think he is scum.
table for two on a tv tray
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 12 2014 22:18 GMT
#1424
On January 13 2014 07:11 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 06:54 justanothertownie wrote:
On January 13 2014 06:26 Koshi wrote:
Also JAT.

Why?

You aren't your intelligent and independent self. You also say you got to go in a hurry and then stay for 25 minutes. Twice now.

Really Koshi? I am scummy because I stay a little longer than I said before? Explain please.
When I said I was in a hurry I certainly did not stay 25 minutes longer. I remember this as one of my last posts at that time. How would you define my intelligent and independent self? Where is the difference to my usual play?
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 12 2014 22:20 GMT
#1425
On January 13 2014 07:16 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Koshi is town.

How did you conclude this?
Captain Obvious
Profile Joined January 2014
33 Posts
January 12 2014 22:21 GMT
#1426
On January 13 2014 07:13 marvellosity wrote:
My pool is very small because either I think people are town or for a lot of people I have no firm idea yet and don't want to lynch randomly into them. People I just have no real idea include

jat, bumatlarge, Wave (he seemed town in irc but ugh), VE, Koshi, Aquanim, coag, Mig, BC, chinstrap

I was considering suchdoge but he raved at me in such an odd way on skype about how useless BH and Hopeless were and how they might be mafia later in the game, he went on and on about it and it seems like such a weird thing to do as mafia. So... yea

Pool atm is Captain Obvious, Derrida/Oats, Xatalos

If you have any input that might be nice


Your reasons for wanting to lynch me? And "policy lynch" or "hasn't done anything" are both bullshit reasons.
suchdoge
Profile Joined January 2014
Guatemala91 Posts
January 12 2014 22:21 GMT
#1427
On January 13 2014 07:13 marvellosity wrote:
My pool is very small because either I think people are town or for a lot of people I have no firm idea yet and don't want to lynch randomly into them. People I just have no real idea include

jat, bumatlarge, Wave (he seemed town in irc but ugh), VE, Koshi, Aquanim, coag, Mig, BC, chinstrap

I was considering suchdoge but he raved at me in such an odd way on skype about how useless BH and Hopeless were and how they might be mafia later in the game, he went on and on about it and it seems like such a weird thing to do as mafia. So... yea

Pool atm is Captain Obvious, Derrida/Oats, Xatalos

If you have any input that might be nice


I think aqua is prob town, had a convo with thrawn about it.

I can explain that later if necessary.

Xatalos still best lynch. Obvious second. Leave oats till we can read him. VE prob also scum. WoS could swing either way, Mig will show himself soon (he's not too hard to read honestly)

After Xatalos/Capt Obvious/VE the pickings are slim so just kill one of them

Wow
Coagulation
Profile Blog Joined July 2006
United States9633 Posts
January 12 2014 22:22 GMT
#1428
anyone that wants to kill Capt Obvious is bad and should feel bad.
suchdoge
Profile Joined January 2014
Guatemala91 Posts
January 12 2014 22:23 GMT
#1429
On January 13 2014 07:21 Captain Obvious wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 07:13 marvellosity wrote:
My pool is very small because either I think people are town or for a lot of people I have no firm idea yet and don't want to lynch randomly into them. People I just have no real idea include

jat, bumatlarge, Wave (he seemed town in irc but ugh), VE, Koshi, Aquanim, coag, Mig, BC, chinstrap

I was considering suchdoge but he raved at me in such an odd way on skype about how useless BH and Hopeless were and how they might be mafia later in the game, he went on and on about it and it seems like such a weird thing to do as mafia. So... yea

Pool atm is Captain Obvious, Derrida/Oats, Xatalos

If you have any input that might be nice


Your reasons for wanting to lynch me? And "policy lynch" or "hasn't done anything" are both bullshit reasons.


Hasn't done anything is a bad reason now?

You don't respond to PMs and in thread you do nothing that a parrot couldn't do better.

If you're going to contine not trying to find scum then you probably are scum. Pretty simple.
Wow
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 12 2014 22:27 GMT
#1430
suchdoge is supertown.
table for two on a tv tray
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 12 2014 22:28 GMT
#1431
On January 13 2014 07:20 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 07:16 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Koshi is town.

How did you conclude this?

Good reads and chatzy, wanna join?
table for two on a tv tray
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 12 2014 22:28 GMT
#1432
First time you said you need to go but made 3 more posts. Maybe it is townie, but I don't remember you doing that in other games. But ok, not scummy for this:
+ Show Spoiler +
On January 12 2014 02:44 justanothertownie wrote:
You are seriously candidating for mayor rayn?

See you in ~ 3 hours.


On January 12 2014 02:45 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 02:44 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Apparently i thought Cheesecake was town last game, i wasn't the driving force behind lynching Corazon and Artanis was an easy catch on N1. But in the end kush might misremember that game..

Apparently in Extractor trick in the end of D1 my scumreads were gumshoe and yamato. I think thrawn can tell more about this.

Also in other games kushm4sta has played with me my D1 reads have been terrible. He won't elaborate more though.

Ok, I don't know which games you are talking about but I will take your word for it I guess.


On January 12 2014 02:47 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 02:45 raynpelikoneet wrote:
ofc i am. Why are people doubting it?

I just want to know if it is worthwhile to consider to elect you. Last post for now.


On January 12 2014 02:48 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 02:46 marvellosity wrote:
jat, you didn't quite grasp rayn's dripping sarcasm there, did you

I obviously didn't. Maybe cause I am in a hurry right now.


But here you do it again, and it's not like you got a million posts. You have like 20 posts total back then and 8 are made "in a hurry":+ Show Spoiler +

On January 12 2014 12:48 justanothertownie wrote:
Anyways I am off for now. It has gotten really late.

On January 12 2014 13:09 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 13:00 thrawn2112 wrote:
Has anyone talked to JAT in pms? I have been recently and I got the impression that he was making up his reads on the spot. Explanations were short and there weren't many conclusions. He also only talked about people that I mentioned first, something I noticed about my own scum mason play (esp the rayn chat) from Time to Die. Does anyone have similar or contrasting experiences with him in pm's?

Well the reason for this is probably that some of those reads were indeed formed on the spot. I did not think deeply about all of the persons on your list and had to think about what my actual opinion on some of them is.



The thing about the restricted and intelligent thing that is lacking are these 5 consecutive posts of you

On January 12 2014 06:39 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 06:37 yamato77 wrote:
Well, if it's Chez, we pretty much just ignore/lynch him at our convenience.

It would be nice to know who it is, regardless.

Why? The only time I played with Chezinu (PYP) he played really well and townie.

On January 12 2014 07:46 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 07:45 Blazinghand wrote:
well i retract any reason of lynchinig kush! don't lynch him as he is actually vayne

Mind = blown.


On January 12 2014 07:54 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 07:53 Alakaslam wrote:
What about a mayor you can WotC? I am open.

Huh?


On January 12 2014 08:09 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 08:06 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On January 12 2014 08:05 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On January 12 2014 08:01 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On January 12 2014 07:57 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On January 12 2014 03:23 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On January 12 2014 03:21 yamato77 wrote:
On January 12 2014 03:19 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
It's weird to make a post that essentially functions as a list of accusations/scumreads without actually calling anyone scummy/scum/or likely scum and even admitting in suchdoges case that he doubts he is mafia? So what's even the point of saying anything then.

Implied suspicion?

I think Xatalos is townie from what I know of him. This seems nitpicky.

I don't think so at all. You have four or five people listed, you only barely called one of them scum, you're not really asking questions of any of them. If I was on that list I wouldn't feel any need to respond to anything Xatalos said. He talks about suchdoges suspicious behavior then says it's more likely town than scum so what is he even getting at? I wish people would stop posting lists like that, they're the worst posts ever.

So DrH you make a post like this where i assume you call Xatalos scummy.
About 10 minutes later you PM me about your scumreads and "funny feelings" but Xatalos is not there. Why?

what do you mean why

You give me a list of your scumreads. I assume you are asking me about what i think of them. If Xatalos is your scumread why the hell is he not on the list?

And why are you voting for yamato for mayor if i am going to execute your scumread?

i don't like you to be honest i've never hated anyone in a game more than i hate you but i think you're town, i'm being petty

This only answers the second question and not the first one.


On January 12 2014 11:01 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 10:59 WaveofShadow wrote:
On January 12 2014 10:58 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
forcing a claim out of you is ideal anyway tbh

Why, exactly? Were you planning on tunneling this to the ends of the earth?

I don't really get this either.


On January 12 2014 11:43 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 11:35 Aquanim wrote:
On January 12 2014 11:17 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On January 12 2014 11:16 Aquanim wrote:
On January 12 2014 11:08 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
let's talk about how derrida is scum

Yeah, OK.

Reasons to think he's scum:
list post, but that's a heuristic in which I have only limited confidence
bases his mayoral preferences first on "enjoying reading their filter because it is srs" and second his read on them

Reasons to think he's town:
I got nuffin, but I do have...

Reasons I'm not certain yet:
he has like 2 posts and being a newbie his thinking about "is this relevant to whether they should be mayor or not" probably isn't expected to be entirely accurate whatever his alignment

tl;dr I'm not certain he's scum but he's a reasonable guess

P.S. will go meta him now re. Marv's statement

do you have a stronger read on someone else then?

No. I have a couple of similar strength though.

All I see in justanothertownie's two-page filter is kinda pointless oneliners in which he commits to almost nothing. For all I know he's doing work in PMs, but based on his thread presence so far he's another possible scum for me.

This one isn't a scumread as such, but as long as Captain Obvious continues to post only "obvious" stuff and committing to nothing he's going to be next to impossible to read I think.

And then there's the eight or so other lurkers.

Of the active players I reckon at least most are town.

Maybe you could point out the scummy things in my 2 page filter then? Or is my thread presence the only reason for your read? You don't even have one filter page and call other people lurkers...


But I just glanced over some pages of PYP and you do this kinda one-liners there as well so mehhhh.


okokok

You are off the list.
I had a good night of sleep.
Captain Obvious
Profile Joined January 2014
33 Posts
January 12 2014 22:31 GMT
#1433
On January 13 2014 07:23 suchdoge wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 07:21 Captain Obvious wrote:
On January 13 2014 07:13 marvellosity wrote:
My pool is very small because either I think people are town or for a lot of people I have no firm idea yet and don't want to lynch randomly into them. People I just have no real idea include

jat, bumatlarge, Wave (he seemed town in irc but ugh), VE, Koshi, Aquanim, coag, Mig, BC, chinstrap

I was considering suchdoge but he raved at me in such an odd way on skype about how useless BH and Hopeless were and how they might be mafia later in the game, he went on and on about it and it seems like such a weird thing to do as mafia. So... yea

Pool atm is Captain Obvious, Derrida/Oats, Xatalos

If you have any input that might be nice


Your reasons for wanting to lynch me? And "policy lynch" or "hasn't done anything" are both bullshit reasons.


Hasn't done anything is a bad reason now?

You don't respond to PMs and in thread you do nothing that a parrot couldn't do better.

If you're going to contine not trying to find scum then you probably are scum. Pretty simple.


I don't respond to mass pms that ask 5 million questions like yours. Plenty of people can verify that I do respond to PMs that don't suck. And I am most certainly trying, but it's rather hard to when people would rather whine than discuss...
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 12 2014 22:32 GMT
#1434
On January 13 2014 07:28 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 07:20 justanothertownie wrote:
On January 13 2014 07:16 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Koshi is town.

How did you conclude this?

Good reads and chatzy, wanna join?

I don't have the time right now I need to finish a lab report and am really behind on this already due to this game. But on day2 I should have more time and would gladly do so.
raynpelikoneet
Profile Joined April 2007
Finland43270 Posts
January 12 2014 22:33 GMT
#1435
On January 13 2014 07:31 Captain Obvious wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 07:23 suchdoge wrote:
On January 13 2014 07:21 Captain Obvious wrote:
On January 13 2014 07:13 marvellosity wrote:
My pool is very small because either I think people are town or for a lot of people I have no firm idea yet and don't want to lynch randomly into them. People I just have no real idea include

jat, bumatlarge, Wave (he seemed town in irc but ugh), VE, Koshi, Aquanim, coag, Mig, BC, chinstrap

I was considering suchdoge but he raved at me in such an odd way on skype about how useless BH and Hopeless were and how they might be mafia later in the game, he went on and on about it and it seems like such a weird thing to do as mafia. So... yea

Pool atm is Captain Obvious, Derrida/Oats, Xatalos

If you have any input that might be nice


Your reasons for wanting to lynch me? And "policy lynch" or "hasn't done anything" are both bullshit reasons.


Hasn't done anything is a bad reason now?

You don't respond to PMs and in thread you do nothing that a parrot couldn't do better.

If you're going to contine not trying to find scum then you probably are scum. Pretty simple.


I don't respond to mass pms that ask 5 million questions like yours. Plenty of people can verify that I do respond to PMs that don't suck. And I am most certainly trying, but it's rather hard to when people would rather whine than discuss...

I don't see you posting a single scumread of yours. How can i tell you are trying to find mafia?
table for two on a tv tray
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 12 2014 22:33 GMT
#1436
On January 13 2014 07:28 Koshi wrote:
First time you said you need to go but made 3 more posts. Maybe it is townie, but I don't remember you doing that in other games. But ok, not scummy for this:
+ Show Spoiler +
On January 12 2014 02:44 justanothertownie wrote:
You are seriously candidating for mayor rayn?

See you in ~ 3 hours.


On January 12 2014 02:45 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 02:44 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Apparently i thought Cheesecake was town last game, i wasn't the driving force behind lynching Corazon and Artanis was an easy catch on N1. But in the end kush might misremember that game..

Apparently in Extractor trick in the end of D1 my scumreads were gumshoe and yamato. I think thrawn can tell more about this.

Also in other games kushm4sta has played with me my D1 reads have been terrible. He won't elaborate more though.

Ok, I don't know which games you are talking about but I will take your word for it I guess.


On January 12 2014 02:47 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 02:45 raynpelikoneet wrote:
ofc i am. Why are people doubting it?

I just want to know if it is worthwhile to consider to elect you. Last post for now.


On January 12 2014 02:48 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 02:46 marvellosity wrote:
jat, you didn't quite grasp rayn's dripping sarcasm there, did you

I obviously didn't. Maybe cause I am in a hurry right now.


But here you do it again, and it's not like you got a million posts. You have like 20 posts total back then and 8 are made "in a hurry":+ Show Spoiler +

On January 12 2014 12:48 justanothertownie wrote:
Anyways I am off for now. It has gotten really late.

On January 12 2014 13:09 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 13:00 thrawn2112 wrote:
Has anyone talked to JAT in pms? I have been recently and I got the impression that he was making up his reads on the spot. Explanations were short and there weren't many conclusions. He also only talked about people that I mentioned first, something I noticed about my own scum mason play (esp the rayn chat) from Time to Die. Does anyone have similar or contrasting experiences with him in pm's?

Well the reason for this is probably that some of those reads were indeed formed on the spot. I did not think deeply about all of the persons on your list and had to think about what my actual opinion on some of them is.



The thing about the restricted and intelligent thing that is lacking are these 5 consecutive posts of you

Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 06:39 justanothertownie wrote:
On January 12 2014 06:37 yamato77 wrote:
Well, if it's Chez, we pretty much just ignore/lynch him at our convenience.

It would be nice to know who it is, regardless.

Why? The only time I played with Chezinu (PYP) he played really well and townie.

Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 07:46 justanothertownie wrote:
On January 12 2014 07:45 Blazinghand wrote:
well i retract any reason of lynchinig kush! don't lynch him as he is actually vayne

Mind = blown.


Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 07:54 justanothertownie wrote:
On January 12 2014 07:53 Alakaslam wrote:
What about a mayor you can WotC? I am open.

Huh?


Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 08:09 justanothertownie wrote:
On January 12 2014 08:06 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On January 12 2014 08:05 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On January 12 2014 08:01 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On January 12 2014 07:57 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On January 12 2014 03:23 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On January 12 2014 03:21 yamato77 wrote:
On January 12 2014 03:19 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
It's weird to make a post that essentially functions as a list of accusations/scumreads without actually calling anyone scummy/scum/or likely scum and even admitting in suchdoges case that he doubts he is mafia? So what's even the point of saying anything then.

Implied suspicion?

I think Xatalos is townie from what I know of him. This seems nitpicky.

I don't think so at all. You have four or five people listed, you only barely called one of them scum, you're not really asking questions of any of them. If I was on that list I wouldn't feel any need to respond to anything Xatalos said. He talks about suchdoges suspicious behavior then says it's more likely town than scum so what is he even getting at? I wish people would stop posting lists like that, they're the worst posts ever.

So DrH you make a post like this where i assume you call Xatalos scummy.
About 10 minutes later you PM me about your scumreads and "funny feelings" but Xatalos is not there. Why?

what do you mean why

You give me a list of your scumreads. I assume you are asking me about what i think of them. If Xatalos is your scumread why the hell is he not on the list?

And why are you voting for yamato for mayor if i am going to execute your scumread?

i don't like you to be honest i've never hated anyone in a game more than i hate you but i think you're town, i'm being petty

This only answers the second question and not the first one.


Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 11:01 justanothertownie wrote:
On January 12 2014 10:59 WaveofShadow wrote:
On January 12 2014 10:58 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
forcing a claim out of you is ideal anyway tbh

Why, exactly? Were you planning on tunneling this to the ends of the earth?

I don't really get this either.


Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 11:43 justanothertownie wrote:
On January 12 2014 11:35 Aquanim wrote:
On January 12 2014 11:17 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On January 12 2014 11:16 Aquanim wrote:
On January 12 2014 11:08 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
let's talk about how derrida is scum

Yeah, OK.

Reasons to think he's scum:
list post, but that's a heuristic in which I have only limited confidence
bases his mayoral preferences first on "enjoying reading their filter because it is srs" and second his read on them

Reasons to think he's town:
I got nuffin, but I do have...

Reasons I'm not certain yet:
he has like 2 posts and being a newbie his thinking about "is this relevant to whether they should be mayor or not" probably isn't expected to be entirely accurate whatever his alignment

tl;dr I'm not certain he's scum but he's a reasonable guess

P.S. will go meta him now re. Marv's statement

do you have a stronger read on someone else then?

No. I have a couple of similar strength though.

All I see in justanothertownie's two-page filter is kinda pointless oneliners in which he commits to almost nothing. For all I know he's doing work in PMs, but based on his thread presence so far he's another possible scum for me.

This one isn't a scumread as such, but as long as Captain Obvious continues to post only "obvious" stuff and committing to nothing he's going to be next to impossible to read I think.

And then there's the eight or so other lurkers.

Of the active players I reckon at least most are town.

Maybe you could point out the scummy things in my 2 page filter then? Or is my thread presence the only reason for your read? You don't even have one filter page and call other people lurkers...


But I just glanced over some pages of PYP and you do this kinda one-liners there as well so mehhhh.


okokok

You are off the list.

Is your confidence in your other reads of similar strength?
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 12 2014 22:34 GMT
#1437
On January 13 2014 07:32 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 07:28 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On January 13 2014 07:20 justanothertownie wrote:
On January 13 2014 07:16 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Koshi is town.

How did you conclude this?

Good reads and chatzy, wanna join?

I don't have the time right now I need to finish a lab report and am really behind on this already due to this game. But on day2 I should have more time and would gladly do so.

Again in a hurry are you?
I had a good night of sleep.
Mig
Profile Blog Joined October 2004
United States4714 Posts
January 12 2014 22:34 GMT
#1438
To Marv

I am only about 50 pages in so quick thoughts are this-

thrawn is very very likely town - Mafia are rarely going to fake claim this early and on top of that oftentimes millers are not self aware. Mafia wont know whether millers are self aware or not so to claim you are a self aware early on in thread is a huge gamble (if it turns out they arent self aware and one flips later on this could potentially be suicide).

I am actually a bit suspicious you just ignored this right after thrawn claimed but you didn't list him under your suspicious list at least so meh.

koshi/rayn both very likely town - both playing the exact same as previous games I have played with them as town.

doge- likely town, every pm game I play most of the people active in pms and trying to seek people out through skype are town. The fact that he is talking to you, he also pmd me right away, is something I don't think many mafia would do unless they were extremely confident in their play (assuming you are town). Your point about him still being suspicious of bh/hopeless is another thing that appear townie to me.

Scummy people

I haven't had a chance to talk to WoS or Yam in pms yet but both look bad to me. WoS's posts that I have read so far are wordy with very little content. Just seems like a lot of pointless fluff.

Yam - I can't really explain it but this is based on tone for me. The last big game with mayors I played with yam he ran for mayor and seemed so much more confident and his posts were way more direct and to the point. This game he starts out writing 10 paragraphs when he could have explained his thoughts in 2 and I don't see him being nearly as aggressive.

I would probably prefer if one of those 2 were lynched, but I imagine I am in the minority on that for now.

Cpt obvious I think would be a bad lynch candidate. He is putting 0 effort into appearing to look good, even after people have yelled at him about looking shitty. Strikes me as a bad/lazy townie.

Xat - I would be ok with a Xat lynch. I don't think his indignant pms to you really point to him being town. I haven't read the most recent stuff yet but his early posts to me seem hesitant and a lot of his early questions were pointless fluff.
Moderator
Koshi
Profile Blog Joined August 2010
Belgium38799 Posts
January 12 2014 22:35 GMT
#1439
On January 13 2014 07:33 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 07:28 Koshi wrote:
First time you said you need to go but made 3 more posts. Maybe it is townie, but I don't remember you doing that in other games. But ok, not scummy for this:
+ Show Spoiler +
On January 12 2014 02:44 justanothertownie wrote:
You are seriously candidating for mayor rayn?

See you in ~ 3 hours.


On January 12 2014 02:45 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 02:44 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Apparently i thought Cheesecake was town last game, i wasn't the driving force behind lynching Corazon and Artanis was an easy catch on N1. But in the end kush might misremember that game..

Apparently in Extractor trick in the end of D1 my scumreads were gumshoe and yamato. I think thrawn can tell more about this.

Also in other games kushm4sta has played with me my D1 reads have been terrible. He won't elaborate more though.

Ok, I don't know which games you are talking about but I will take your word for it I guess.


On January 12 2014 02:47 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 02:45 raynpelikoneet wrote:
ofc i am. Why are people doubting it?

I just want to know if it is worthwhile to consider to elect you. Last post for now.


On January 12 2014 02:48 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 02:46 marvellosity wrote:
jat, you didn't quite grasp rayn's dripping sarcasm there, did you

I obviously didn't. Maybe cause I am in a hurry right now.


But here you do it again, and it's not like you got a million posts. You have like 20 posts total back then and 8 are made "in a hurry":+ Show Spoiler +

On January 12 2014 12:48 justanothertownie wrote:
Anyways I am off for now. It has gotten really late.

On January 12 2014 13:09 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 13:00 thrawn2112 wrote:
Has anyone talked to JAT in pms? I have been recently and I got the impression that he was making up his reads on the spot. Explanations were short and there weren't many conclusions. He also only talked about people that I mentioned first, something I noticed about my own scum mason play (esp the rayn chat) from Time to Die. Does anyone have similar or contrasting experiences with him in pm's?

Well the reason for this is probably that some of those reads were indeed formed on the spot. I did not think deeply about all of the persons on your list and had to think about what my actual opinion on some of them is.



The thing about the restricted and intelligent thing that is lacking are these 5 consecutive posts of you

On January 12 2014 06:39 justanothertownie wrote:
On January 12 2014 06:37 yamato77 wrote:
Well, if it's Chez, we pretty much just ignore/lynch him at our convenience.

It would be nice to know who it is, regardless.

Why? The only time I played with Chezinu (PYP) he played really well and townie.

On January 12 2014 07:46 justanothertownie wrote:
On January 12 2014 07:45 Blazinghand wrote:
well i retract any reason of lynchinig kush! don't lynch him as he is actually vayne

Mind = blown.


On January 12 2014 07:54 justanothertownie wrote:
On January 12 2014 07:53 Alakaslam wrote:
What about a mayor you can WotC? I am open.

Huh?


On January 12 2014 08:09 justanothertownie wrote:
On January 12 2014 08:06 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On January 12 2014 08:05 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On January 12 2014 08:01 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On January 12 2014 07:57 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On January 12 2014 03:23 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On January 12 2014 03:21 yamato77 wrote:
On January 12 2014 03:19 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
It's weird to make a post that essentially functions as a list of accusations/scumreads without actually calling anyone scummy/scum/or likely scum and even admitting in suchdoges case that he doubts he is mafia? So what's even the point of saying anything then.

Implied suspicion?

I think Xatalos is townie from what I know of him. This seems nitpicky.

I don't think so at all. You have four or five people listed, you only barely called one of them scum, you're not really asking questions of any of them. If I was on that list I wouldn't feel any need to respond to anything Xatalos said. He talks about suchdoges suspicious behavior then says it's more likely town than scum so what is he even getting at? I wish people would stop posting lists like that, they're the worst posts ever.

So DrH you make a post like this where i assume you call Xatalos scummy.
About 10 minutes later you PM me about your scumreads and "funny feelings" but Xatalos is not there. Why?

what do you mean why

You give me a list of your scumreads. I assume you are asking me about what i think of them. If Xatalos is your scumread why the hell is he not on the list?

And why are you voting for yamato for mayor if i am going to execute your scumread?

i don't like you to be honest i've never hated anyone in a game more than i hate you but i think you're town, i'm being petty

This only answers the second question and not the first one.


On January 12 2014 11:01 justanothertownie wrote:
On January 12 2014 10:59 WaveofShadow wrote:
On January 12 2014 10:58 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
forcing a claim out of you is ideal anyway tbh

Why, exactly? Were you planning on tunneling this to the ends of the earth?

I don't really get this either.


On January 12 2014 11:43 justanothertownie wrote:
On January 12 2014 11:35 Aquanim wrote:
On January 12 2014 11:17 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On January 12 2014 11:16 Aquanim wrote:
On January 12 2014 11:08 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
let's talk about how derrida is scum

Yeah, OK.

Reasons to think he's scum:
list post, but that's a heuristic in which I have only limited confidence
bases his mayoral preferences first on "enjoying reading their filter because it is srs" and second his read on them

Reasons to think he's town:
I got nuffin, but I do have...

Reasons I'm not certain yet:
he has like 2 posts and being a newbie his thinking about "is this relevant to whether they should be mayor or not" probably isn't expected to be entirely accurate whatever his alignment

tl;dr I'm not certain he's scum but he's a reasonable guess

P.S. will go meta him now re. Marv's statement

do you have a stronger read on someone else then?

No. I have a couple of similar strength though.

All I see in justanothertownie's two-page filter is kinda pointless oneliners in which he commits to almost nothing. For all I know he's doing work in PMs, but based on his thread presence so far he's another possible scum for me.

This one isn't a scumread as such, but as long as Captain Obvious continues to post only "obvious" stuff and committing to nothing he's going to be next to impossible to read I think.

And then there's the eight or so other lurkers.

Of the active players I reckon at least most are town.

Maybe you could point out the scummy things in my 2 page filter then? Or is my thread presence the only reason for your read? You don't even have one filter page and call other people lurkers...


But I just glanced over some pages of PYP and you do this kinda one-liners there as well so mehhhh.


okokok

You are off the list.

Is your confidence in your other reads of similar strength?

I just want WoS to die really. But I keep my eye on you!
I had a good night of sleep.
justanothertownie
Profile Joined July 2013
16343 Posts
January 12 2014 22:35 GMT
#1440
On January 13 2014 07:34 Koshi wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 13 2014 07:32 justanothertownie wrote:
On January 13 2014 07:28 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On January 13 2014 07:20 justanothertownie wrote:
On January 13 2014 07:16 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Koshi is town.

How did you conclude this?

Good reads and chatzy, wanna join?

I don't have the time right now I need to finish a lab report and am really behind on this already due to this game. But on day2 I should have more time and would gladly do so.

Again in a hurry are you?

No, not in a hurry. But I can't be playing this game the whole time because I can't get anything done this way.
Prev 1 70 71 72 73 74 114 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Stellar Fest
13:00
Stellar Fest 2 The Moon: Qualifier Day 1
IntoTheiNu 642
ComeBackTV 559
SteadfastSC427
Rex103
CosmosSc2 49
EnkiAlexander 41
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
SteadfastSC 427
ProTech147
Rex 103
CosmosSc2 49
UpATreeSC 42
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 44074
Jaedong 1332
Hyuk 1200
Mini 648
Soma 506
Horang2 484
BeSt 479
Soulkey 317
Larva 306
Rush 290
[ Show more ]
ZerO 267
Last 205
Snow 200
hero 81
Liquid`Ret 56
Mind 56
Free 36
Killer 35
sorry 33
Terrorterran 23
ToSsGirL 23
Rock 22
yabsab 21
HiyA 18
Shine 18
Trap 16
Dota 2
Gorgc7888
qojqva1420
Dendi904
Counter-Strike
Fnx 859
x6flipin778
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2558
Khaldor1972
Liquid`Hasu9
Other Games
ArmadaUGS3136
singsing1841
B2W.Neo990
hiko809
byalli454
KnowMe141
Liquid`VortiX117
QueenE95
Mew2King53
Trikslyr32
Railgan16
ZerO(Twitch)12
Chillindude1
Organizations
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream99
[ Show 18 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• StrangeGG 23
• mYiSmile123
• Adnapsc2 7
• intothetv
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• Migwel
• IndyKCrew
• Kozan
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix13
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
• BSLYoutube
Dota 2
• C_a_k_e 2897
League of Legends
• Nemesis1946
• Jankos1077
• TFBlade745
Other Games
• Shiphtur322
• WagamamaTV261
Upcoming Events
The PondCast
17h 51m
OSC
20h 51m
Stellar Fest
20h 51m
OSC
1d 7h
Stellar Fest
1d 20h
CranKy Ducklings
2 days
Online Event
2 days
FEL
2 days
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
[ Show More ]
Sparkling Tuna Cup
3 days
INu's Battles
3 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
4 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
5 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.