• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:08
CEST 14:08
KST 21:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7541 users

TL Mafia LXIV: A Game of Intrigue - Page 5

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 22:49 GMT
#789
Since your policy lynch is gone BH how do you feel about lynching xatalos?
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 22:52 GMT
#795
On January 12 2014 07:50 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 07:49 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Since your policy lynch is gone BH how do you feel about lynching xatalos?

I thought BH was your top scumspect?

Am I allowed to ask him a question
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 23:01 GMT
#812
On January 12 2014 07:57 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 03:23 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On January 12 2014 03:21 yamato77 wrote:
On January 12 2014 03:19 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
It's weird to make a post that essentially functions as a list of accusations/scumreads without actually calling anyone scummy/scum/or likely scum and even admitting in suchdoges case that he doubts he is mafia? So what's even the point of saying anything then.

Implied suspicion?

I think Xatalos is townie from what I know of him. This seems nitpicky.

I don't think so at all. You have four or five people listed, you only barely called one of them scum, you're not really asking questions of any of them. If I was on that list I wouldn't feel any need to respond to anything Xatalos said. He talks about suchdoges suspicious behavior then says it's more likely town than scum so what is he even getting at? I wish people would stop posting lists like that, they're the worst posts ever.

So DrH you make a post like this where i assume you call Xatalos scummy.
About 10 minutes later you PM me about your scumreads and "funny feelings" but Xatalos is not there. Why?

what do you mean why
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 23:02 GMT
#814
I'm withdrawing from the mayoral campaign and I will ##Vote: yamato77
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 23:04 GMT
#817
On January 12 2014 08:02 Alakaslam wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 08:02 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
I'm withdrawing from the mayoral campaign and I will ##Vote: yamato77

Why?

I'm not as confident in my reads/play as I usually am due to a long break and I don't have the time to dedicate to this game that I think a mayor should. Yamato is one of my top town reads and I like the way he's applying pressure, with the hammer power as well I don't think he's a mayor who will let passivity slide.
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 23:06 GMT
#820
On January 12 2014 08:05 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 08:01 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On January 12 2014 07:57 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On January 12 2014 03:23 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On January 12 2014 03:21 yamato77 wrote:
On January 12 2014 03:19 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
It's weird to make a post that essentially functions as a list of accusations/scumreads without actually calling anyone scummy/scum/or likely scum and even admitting in suchdoges case that he doubts he is mafia? So what's even the point of saying anything then.

Implied suspicion?

I think Xatalos is townie from what I know of him. This seems nitpicky.

I don't think so at all. You have four or five people listed, you only barely called one of them scum, you're not really asking questions of any of them. If I was on that list I wouldn't feel any need to respond to anything Xatalos said. He talks about suchdoges suspicious behavior then says it's more likely town than scum so what is he even getting at? I wish people would stop posting lists like that, they're the worst posts ever.

So DrH you make a post like this where i assume you call Xatalos scummy.
About 10 minutes later you PM me about your scumreads and "funny feelings" but Xatalos is not there. Why?

what do you mean why

You give me a list of your scumreads. I assume you are asking me about what i think of them. If Xatalos is your scumread why the hell is he not on the list?

And why are you voting for yamato for mayor if i am going to execute your scumread?

i don't like you to be honest i've never hated anyone in a game more than i hate you but i think you're town, i'm being petty
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 23:08 GMT
#822
I'm sorry too
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 23:09 GMT
#825
On January 12 2014 08:09 justanothertownie wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 08:06 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On January 12 2014 08:05 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On January 12 2014 08:01 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On January 12 2014 07:57 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On January 12 2014 03:23 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
On January 12 2014 03:21 yamato77 wrote:
On January 12 2014 03:19 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
It's weird to make a post that essentially functions as a list of accusations/scumreads without actually calling anyone scummy/scum/or likely scum and even admitting in suchdoges case that he doubts he is mafia? So what's even the point of saying anything then.

Implied suspicion?

I think Xatalos is townie from what I know of him. This seems nitpicky.

I don't think so at all. You have four or five people listed, you only barely called one of them scum, you're not really asking questions of any of them. If I was on that list I wouldn't feel any need to respond to anything Xatalos said. He talks about suchdoges suspicious behavior then says it's more likely town than scum so what is he even getting at? I wish people would stop posting lists like that, they're the worst posts ever.

So DrH you make a post like this where i assume you call Xatalos scummy.
About 10 minutes later you PM me about your scumreads and "funny feelings" but Xatalos is not there. Why?

what do you mean why

You give me a list of your scumreads. I assume you are asking me about what i think of them. If Xatalos is your scumread why the hell is he not on the list?

And why are you voting for yamato for mayor if i am going to execute your scumread?

i don't like you to be honest i've never hated anyone in a game more than i hate you but i think you're town, i'm being petty

This only answers the second question and not the first one.

the first question is stupid
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 23:13 GMT
#832
yamato and rayn are the only sensible choices to me, it depends on where everyone stands near the end of the day
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 23:18 GMT
#847
Original Message From Koshi:
Nobody. Game is hard.

I am a sheep d1-2

Show nested quote +
Original Message From DoctorHelvetica:
who do you want dead

Original Message From Koshi:
#yolo?

I am a kindred spirit and felt like letting you know you are appreciated in this cold world of death and decay.

Original Message From DoctorHelvetica:
why did you pm this to me first , why did you feel the need to "let me know"

Original Message From Koshi:
Keep fighting the good fight and I will.

Original Message From DoctorHelvetica:
why are you letting me know that, you could just vote for me instead

Original Message From Koshi:
Currently you are my nr 1 vote for mayor. Just letting you know.



RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 23:28 GMT
#867
Alakaslam is too bad to be scum
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 12 2014 01:15 GMT
#926
Original Message From Blazinghand:
reasonable since scum would probably shoot r + m before you, so if they're shooting you first it means r + m are probably scum.

much more reasonable because one of them is almost certainly scum. I have moderate scumreads on both r + m because they have both pmed me asking if I was hopeless1der's mason partner; fishing for mason partner doesn't make a lot of sense unless you're thinking of shooting whoever hopeless1 makes his bodyguard.

I think it's unlikely they're BOTH scum since if they were both scum only one of them would go fishing (why risk exposing both of them)?-- the most likely situation is exactly one of them is scum.

Show nested quote +
Original Message From DoctorHelvetica:
I'm asking about the placement itself

Original Message From Blazinghand:
it lets me know you have a strong suspicion i'm town.

if I were scum and r + m were town I'd shoot you tonight 100%, and i'd stop supporting your mayor campaign, since r + m + drh are all capable townies. if I were scum and r + m were scum, this would be a clever way of you avoiding the shot tonight, but since i'm smart enough to figure that out and you know it, you would not claim hatter to me in that situation. you know i'd shoot you anyways since i know you'd know i'd know you were fakeclaiming.

you're claiming hatter to me because it's true, and you figured out i'm town.

Original Message From DoctorHelvetica:
What if I told you I'd put a bomb on rayn and on marv

Original Message From Blazinghand:
but i'm telling you now so you know I think it now:
[
There is one difference to someone claiming miller, though as everyone has said it is a nulltell, it means cops shouldn't bother checking him. The two possibilities (real miller or scum faking miller) both have the same outcome to a check.

I like how much thought DrH has been putting into the game. Reading his posts, I'm immediately aware of his thought process and it jives with how I think town DrH would think. There will be a temptation to not vote DrH for mayor because you think he's too clever, because you think his cleverness is an indication that his helpfulness is not alignment-indicative. Don't listen to it. If you don't vote DrH it should be for reasons like "I think he's scum" or "I really want kush lynched d1 no matter what so i'm voting BH".

In DrH's favor: The fact that DrH thought about situations how the hammer can be used in an aggressive way to help town indicates to me a town mindset. I suspect a scum player, even a scum DrH, wouldn't immediately think about how the Hammer could be used to put on the pressure. A scum player likes other things about the Mayor role, thinks other things about the mayor role


I'm not madhatter. Why does BlazingHand have any kind of scumread on rayn or marvellosity, both of whom are pretty strong townreads for me, why is he more concerned with talking to me about how I must be town than talking about his actual reads on Marv/Rayn and why isn't he stating this in the thread. He began the game with an empty policy lynch on Kush, then supported me, now he has actual scumreads he isn't pursuing and went along with the idea that I would kill not only two players who are doing a good job of establishing themselves as town but two of the most active players in the game? Lynch BH today.
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 12 2014 01:16 GMT
#927
if no one gets it, i lied to see if BH would agree that Marv/Rayn would be good people to kill
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 12 2014 01:17 GMT
#928
BH seems like the kind of player who would flip out on someone for blue fishing him but he's not really pursuing his own reads because they are fake and bh is scum
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 12 2014 01:20 GMT
#929
here's more bad pm logs xatalos sent me from his communications with BH. Here he's talking about a scumread on alakaslam and saying he will push whoever is elected to lynch kush. Weird considering he SUPPORTED and campaigned for me afteer I said I almost certainly would not lynch kush and even mentioned more than once I'd like to lynch/kill him and iirc in past games I have played with BH we did not get along very much so it's weird for him to talk about me in such a positive way

Original Message From Blazinghand:
well you're gonna like this even less then HueeeeE

Hide nested quote -
Original Message From Xatalos:
I'll go read your older games. I really didn't like your kush -> DrH switch though.

Original Message From Blazinghand:
it doesn't make a hyoooj amount of sense for a guy to reference his own meta but i'm just gonna tell you if you think my play this game is remotely indicative of me being scum you really gotta check my meta. my profile has links to most of my mafia games (aven't updated in a few months though) and lists what alignment I was.

if your'e wondering why people are mostly wanting to lynch me for being a pest, not for being a scum, the answer is simple.

Original Message From Xatalos:
What would scum Alakaslam possibly gain from lying about PM'ing you? That just makes zero sense. I have trouble thinking of any explanation though. IRL issues maybe?

I've played with kush and I think he's trollish and useless. Frankly, though, I don't think it's too different from playing with you. You at least seem like you're trying, but I'd equally not want either of you as Mayor.

Original Message From Blazinghand:
i have played and hosted many games with kush. perhaps you have not played with him; that's fair enough. you'll understand what I mean by the time we get to D2 or so and you have a chance to observe his play firsthand.

slam probably scum. anticipate he'll claim he pmed me.

Original Message From Xatalos:
That answer didn't really raise my confidence in you. I don't understand wanting to lynch someone before he's even posted. Can you explain your rationale behind the tunneling better? Because I just see it as mindless.

I'm curious about Alakaslam though.

Original Message From Blazinghand:
yes but drh is probably better for it. he's obviously town and better than i am at mafiaa

if elected I will lynch kush. I will lobby whoever gets elected to lynch kush. kush needs to die.

yes no ,slam has not pmed me
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 12 2014 01:24 GMT
#932
you also said you'd be fine with a xatalos lynch so do you think:
xatalos
rayn
marv
alakaslam

are all scum?
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 12 2014 01:28 GMT
#939
On January 12 2014 10:27 Blazinghand wrote:
hm if the mason strat won't work I guess Drh should be mayor

##unvote
##vote doctorhelvetica

im going to lynch you if im mayor
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 12 2014 01:32 GMT
#944
they're both town imo the fact that you'd think they'd both be fine targets for a mad hatter is ridiculous at the very least as town you'd put in the effort to try to figure out which one is which and advise me to change a bomb, you never mentioned the rolefishing before you never mentioned your suspicions about anyone in thread that i can recall except:
xatalos

and that's ONLY because I asked you. and then you dropped it completely.

you might play like a clown but i don't know you to be the kind of player to not pursue his own reads and to avoid tunneling at all costs. it's because you have no arguments. besides "hey guys....role fishing?"
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 12 2014 01:34 GMT
#947
On January 12 2014 10:34 Blazinghand wrote:
man i dont' even think xatalos is that good a lynch after correcting for bias. it's like nobody here is reading my posts

and you don't have bombs on anyone anyways since it's d1. zzz

im also not a madhatter
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 12 2014 01:41 GMT
#957
he doesn't have real reads because he's making exclusively private reads to people and they're all different people.

course of action:
1. ask for policy lynch on a player whose alignment you have no opinion on
2. say that no matter who is mayor you will push for this lynch
3. vote for a mayor who says they will not lynch kush and suspects BH himself of being scum
4. provide scumread on xatalos when asked by me on the second half of the day, doesn't push it
5. privately provides scumread to xatalos on alakaslam, doesn't push it in thread
6. privately provides split moderate scumreads on rayn/marvellosity to me in private, says putting madhatter bombs on them is a good idea, doesn't push either player in thread or in his PMs with other people, when asked about it only talks about how he only thinks one can be scum
7. votes for me again after i ask for him to be lynched

he's playing intentionally and brazenly anti-town. I don't care how "bad" blazinghand is. What better to do as scum at this point than to collapse completely and shit in the thread?
RIP Aaliyah
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs KrystianerLIVE!
TBD vs Percival
CranKy Ducklings134
CranKy Ducklings SOOP40
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko360
ProTech139
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 4225
Jaedong 2226
actioN 1044
EffOrt 721
Soma 603
Horang2 554
Killer 453
BeSt 417
Stork 226
Mini 207
[ Show more ]
Pusan 169
Zeus 143
Rush 135
Light 101
Barracks 91
Snow 83
JYJ 82
Larva 72
ggaemo 66
HiyA 46
Mong 42
Sea.KH 41
ToSsGirL 37
Bale 34
hero 28
Shinee 26
sorry 22
Sharp 22
zelot 17
Sexy 15
Noble 13
Sacsri 10
JulyZerg 8
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5820
Dendi683
XaKoH 397
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_45
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes3110
Other Games
gofns71469
singsing1526
olofmeister1361
byalli534
B2W.Neo266
Livibee219
OGKoka 100
ArmadaUGS49
Organizations
StarCraft 2
WardiTV297
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream275
Other Games
BasetradeTV185
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV202
League of Legends
• Jankos1646
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 52m
Kung Fu Cup
22h 52m
The PondCast
1d 21h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.