• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:08
CEST 14:08
KST 21:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon107
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Where can I find Flash replays that work? Bot on ladder a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
All you football fans (soccer)! Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 7579 users

TL Mafia LXIV: A Game of Intrigue - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 18:19 GMT
#690
It's weird to make a post that essentially functions as a list of accusations/scumreads without actually calling anyone scummy/scum/or likely scum and even admitting in suchdoges case that he doubts he is mafia? So what's even the point of saying anything then.
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 18:23 GMT
#692
On January 12 2014 03:21 yamato77 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 03:19 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
It's weird to make a post that essentially functions as a list of accusations/scumreads without actually calling anyone scummy/scum/or likely scum and even admitting in suchdoges case that he doubts he is mafia? So what's even the point of saying anything then.

Implied suspicion?

I think Xatalos is townie from what I know of him. This seems nitpicky.

I don't think so at all. You have four or five people listed, you only barely called one of them scum, you're not really asking questions of any of them. If I was on that list I wouldn't feel any need to respond to anything Xatalos said. He talks about suchdoges suspicious behavior then says it's more likely town than scum so what is he even getting at? I wish people would stop posting lists like that, they're the worst posts ever.
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 18:29 GMT
#695
Nah, only marv and alakaslam have pmd me. oh and bh.
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 18:31 GMT
#696
do you think you know at least one mafia already marv. who is it? you can tell me in pm if you think your case isn't full enough or something.
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 19:17 GMT
#702
On January 12 2014 04:04 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 03:29 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Nah, only marv and alakaslam have pmd me. oh and bh.


What's this about? We've exchanged several PM's already. You pretty much avoided answering anything though...... You refused to talk about your reads or your policy. And now you just forgot? How is that even possible?

yea i forgot. ve pmd me too i guess.
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 19:20 GMT
#705
because i forgot. i forgot you were even in this game when i was asked about you later.

anyway here is our pm log
I don't agree with the notion of fake activity there, I think you're misdirecting that idea. You can listen to the first tl mafia podcast if you want to hear my thoughts on day 1 policy discussion.

I have very slight reads but they're just nudges. It would be counterproductive to mention them now. When I have time I'd like to pressure those players first. I'm already doing it a little bit in PMs.

Original Message From Xatalos:
I'd be interested to hear that, yes.

Ok then. I'd like to hear more of your stances on players rather than policy though. I realize it's early, but it's relatively easy to fake activity with policy talk, and I'd rather not elect a scum Mayor. Do you have (even slight) player reads yet?

Hide nested quote -
Original Message From DoctorHelvetica:
There's nothing to discuss about BH, all I did was ask him questions and disagree with his premature lynch choice. I never accused him of anything. If I feel one way about him strongly, you'll know.

There are a lot of ways I've talked about on the podcast as well, I'm not going to type them out on my phone rn but if you need me to tell you ill do so in the morning when I'm on a proper computer.

Original Message From Xatalos:
What about the points I mentioned about BH?

How exactly do you catch scum with policy talk?

Original Message From DoctorHelvetica:
I'm busy tonight at Friday night magic. I am PMing marv and I am concerned with his passive nature. I figure when I get home there will be more to consider. Talking about policy is my policy for day 1, it makes people take sides and you can catch scum in serious errors like promethelax in I think LX?

Original Message From Xatalos:
I'm considering you for Mayor, and I kind of like your policy ideas, but you've pretty much only talked about policy so far.

You did mention BH though. You hoped that his true intention is to generate discussion, but did you see Titanic II? There he tunneled a lurker all game and ignored me although I was near-confirmed scum. He was town. I somehow doubt that he has any noble goals in mind currently, town or scum. And it'd be extremely easy to fake a mindless push like that.

Have you PM'd with marv yet? What do you think of his disinterest in becoming Mayor? Does he otherwise feel towny?


i didn't really avoid talking to you seeing as i explained my inactivity and said i'd answer your questions but i forgot about you by the time i got home and you never PM'd me again like if you wanted to get answers from me and feel dissatisfied with my activity or whatever, why not keep hounding me? my feelings on BH and everything have changed since that PM exchange as well.
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 19:22 GMT
#706
I wasn't completely unwilling to tallk. You only asked me about BH, which I gave you my opinion on at the time which was a mostly null, leaning scum read and said I'd get back to you in the morning because I was very busy. We could talk about reads if you're really interested in that, but I expect you give your opinions as well instead of prodding for mine and then going silent
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 19:24 GMT
#708
i mean i answered your questions outside of elaborating about policy talk which i don't mind doing now, why would you say i was unwilling to talk to you? i even told you that i would get back to you when i wasn't busy. why would i lie intentionally about not pming people? it would be the easiest way to get caught lying about something stupid, it's obvious i just forgot
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 19:31 GMT
#711
i've made an entire case on someone before that was like a page long because i thought they were someone else because their usernames both start with an "m"
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 19:34 GMT
#712
forgetting things is kind of my thing and the PMs went down late while i was out on the town and pretty busy/distracted so it's not a stretch. someone asked me what i think of xatalos earlier and i didn't even know who xatalos was despite having PMd with him hours ago, i guess people are kind nameless to me until they say something that stands out. that's why im bad at mafia
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 20:35 GMT
#719
That's stupid
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 20:38 GMT
#721
I just quoted the entire conversation. not xatalos, I already told you personally in a pm that none of my pms were very interesting atm so there shouldn't be any mystery, the only two weird things that came up in pms I've either mentioned to you already or mentioned in thread. All that happened is I forgot a mostly meaningless pm line I had late at night while very busy at a social event
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 20:40 GMT
#723
You make it sound like we're both pming eachother a lot or have some kind of plan when it was only him pming me to ask two questions: what I thought about bh and if I have any good reads. I forgot VE pmd me too, do you think that's a secret plan also? I'm being transparent about it too, nothing to hide. Ill post any pm log if I'm asked to.
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 20:47 GMT
#732
On January 12 2014 05:42 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Not really, no. But that's how you use PM's. You try to see if someone says one thing in thread and another thing in PM's.
Apparently one of them was drunk and the other one lost his train of thought before finishing reading the thread.
Maybe you guys should stick to the thread if you do scummy stuff like this or can't handle remembering what people say in PM's and in thread..

Maybe you should read the logs then?

On January 12 2014 05:34 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Xatalos had a PM convo he quoted in thread with DrH last night (fin time). In the morning i ask DrH what he thinks about Xatalos. His answer is literally "i don't even know who Xatalos is lol". Xatalos - when he comes back to the thread - does not call DrH out for it.

What the fuck are those guys doing in PM's? Why don't people pay attention? Xatalos seems to be paying attention and appears pro-active, yet he doesn't notice that kinda stuff. DrH forgets half of his PM-mates, what's the purpose of PMing if you don't even remember who you have PM'd a couple of hours later?

Seems like there is no purpose and they are just throwing PM's around to look active.


"He quoted in thread".
If Xatalos posted the logs earlier, I missed it completely. But I just posted them a bit ago since he brought it up and I don't want to leave the thread in the dark, even if it is my bad for forgetting about it.

On January 12 2014 04:20 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
because i forgot. i forgot you were even in this game when i was asked about you later.

anyway here is our pm log
Show nested quote +
I don't agree with the notion of fake activity there, I think you're misdirecting that idea. You can listen to the first tl mafia podcast if you want to hear my thoughts on day 1 policy discussion.

I have very slight reads but they're just nudges. It would be counterproductive to mention them now. When I have time I'd like to pressure those players first. I'm already doing it a little bit in PMs.

Original Message From Xatalos:
I'd be interested to hear that, yes.

Ok then. I'd like to hear more of your stances on players rather than policy though. I realize it's early, but it's relatively easy to fake activity with policy talk, and I'd rather not elect a scum Mayor. Do you have (even slight) player reads yet?

Hide nested quote -
Original Message From DoctorHelvetica:
There's nothing to discuss about BH, all I did was ask him questions and disagree with his premature lynch choice. I never accused him of anything. If I feel one way about him strongly, you'll know.

There are a lot of ways I've talked about on the podcast as well, I'm not going to type them out on my phone rn but if you need me to tell you ill do so in the morning when I'm on a proper computer.

Original Message From Xatalos:
What about the points I mentioned about BH?

How exactly do you catch scum with policy talk?

Original Message From DoctorHelvetica:
I'm busy tonight at Friday night magic. I am PMing marv and I am concerned with his passive nature. I figure when I get home there will be more to consider. Talking about policy is my policy for day 1, it makes people take sides and you can catch scum in serious errors like promethelax in I think LX?

Original Message From Xatalos:
I'm considering you for Mayor, and I kind of like your policy ideas, but you've pretty much only talked about policy so far.

You did mention BH though. You hoped that his true intention is to generate discussion, but did you see Titanic II? There he tunneled a lurker all game and ignored me although I was near-confirmed scum. He was town. I somehow doubt that he has any noble goals in mind currently, town or scum. And it'd be extremely easy to fake a mindless push like that.

Have you PM'd with marv yet? What do you think of his disinterest in becoming Mayor? Does he otherwise feel towny?


i didn't really avoid talking to you seeing as i explained my inactivity and said i'd answer your questions but i forgot about you by the time i got home and you never PM'd me again like if you wanted to get answers from me and feel dissatisfied with my activity or whatever, why not keep hounding me? my feelings on BH and everything have changed since that PM exchange as well.


"What the fuck are those guys doing in PM's? " you could read the logs for example. The way you're talking about it makes it seem like I PM'd him or we both made a decision to have a conversation. He PM'd me questions and I answered them, I had pretty much no confidence in my reads at the time because A. it was early B. i didn't have the free time to follow up on my guts since I was busy.

You can scold me if you want for being a forgetful and absent-minded player. I will acknowledge that and it's something I should improve during this game. But there's nothing suspicious about it really. Xatalos PM'd me yesterday and I forgot about it. That's it. There's nothing else to say except boo on me for not being extremely attentive.
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 20:48 GMT
#733
On January 12 2014 05:44 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 12 2014 05:43 VisceraEyes wrote:
Rayn grasping its kinda weird...didn't Doc post a log between he and Xata? Or am I misremembering?

and what does him posting a log has to do with anything?

where's the secret plan? you say "what the hell are you doing in PMs" like it's some big deal xatalos pm'd me a couple of questions, i answered them, we went back and forth for like ten minutes and then it was over and i forgot about it....so you can't really say i'm trying to hide information and I have no reason to lie about it. it's pollution to just scold me in thread, if you wanna berate me personally for being forgetful then feel free to flame me in pms
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 20:50 GMT
#736
Keep in mind that Xatalos initiated the PM conversation with me and all I did was answer his questions. If it is scummy for me to respond to someone who PMs me with answers to their questions then by all means lynch me, if it is scummy to forget a short and unimpactful PM conversation you had late at night while at an event on your phone then by all means lynch me.
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 20:51 GMT
#737
On January 12 2014 05:49 yamato77 wrote:
Like I asked before DrH, do you have anything else notable you want to talk about or is the Xatalos thing still convincing to you?

I'm waiting on responses from a few people, one in PMs and one in thread and a good chunk of time to read filters and sit down with my wordpad open. I still demand BH explain his course of action since he is my top scumread.
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 20:54 GMT
#739
my skype is divineorb you can add me on there
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 21:55 GMT
#756
he pmd me like two hours or so ago to tell me he supported me I asked why he'd do that instead of just voting and he never replied
RIP Aaliyah
DoctorHelvetica
Profile Blog Joined July 2008
United States15034 Posts
January 11 2014 22:47 GMT
#785
Because it wasn't scummy, he backed away when I confronted him, so I don't think he really finds it suspicious.
RIP Aaliyah
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Sparkling Tuna Cup
10:00
Weekly #148 (SHIN Mod Edition)
herO vs KrystianerLIVE!
TBD vs Percival
CranKy Ducklings134
CranKy Ducklings SOOP40
LiquipediaDiscussion
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
Lowko360
ProTech139
StarCraft: Brood War
Bisu 4225
Jaedong 2226
actioN 1044
EffOrt 721
Soma 603
Horang2 554
Killer 453
BeSt 417
Stork 226
Mini 207
[ Show more ]
Pusan 169
Zeus 143
Rush 135
Light 101
Barracks 91
Snow 83
JYJ 82
Larva 72
ggaemo 66
HiyA 46
Mong 42
Sea.KH 41
ToSsGirL 37
Bale 34
hero 28
Shinee 26
sorry 22
Sharp 22
zelot 17
Sexy 15
Noble 13
Sacsri 10
JulyZerg 8
Icarus 6
Dota 2
Gorgc5820
Dendi683
XaKoH 397
Counter-Strike
kRYSTAL_45
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes3110
Other Games
gofns71469
singsing1526
olofmeister1361
byalli534
B2W.Neo266
Livibee219
OGKoka 100
ArmadaUGS49
Organizations
StarCraft 2
WardiTV297
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream275
Other Games
BasetradeTV185
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• WagamamaTV202
League of Legends
• Jankos1646
Upcoming Events
PiGosaur Cup
11h 52m
Kung Fu Cup
22h 52m
The PondCast
1d 21h
Replay Cast
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
4 days
AI Arena Tournament
4 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
4 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
BSL Open Qualifier
5 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.