• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 05:08
CEST 11:08
KST 18:08
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double2Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon111
StarCraft 2
General
StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon Weekly Cups (Sept 21-27): herO and ByuN double Recent Patches and the Future Stellar Fest 1 Replay Pack Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16)
Tourneys
Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) 2026 GSTL Grand Finals SC2 INu's Battles#21 [ 3-Days tournament ] ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder Where can I find Flash replays that work? a Announcement on the JEDI Ringing Official StarCraft website teases new content ahead of BlizzCon? BW General Discussion
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Nintendo Switch Thread
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine All you football fans (soccer)! Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 9301 users

TL Mafia LXIV: A Game of Intrigue - Page 2

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-10 18:50:59
January 10 2014 18:49 GMT
#258
Well maybe I wanna roll town then I don't know

LSB gimme whatever you wa-

Oh yeah

Hey but dude I want to roll third party

That would be sikkk

Roll impossible role
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
January 10 2014 19:11 GMT
#260
Hey DR Helvetia

Do you hate corgis now?
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
Last Edited: 2014-01-10 19:30:03
January 10 2014 19:27 GMT
#263
On January 11 2014 04:15 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 03:45 raynpelikoneet wrote:
On January 11 2014 03:25 Xatalos wrote:
By the way, I've never played in a PM game as scum (only in a semi-PM game as town). Aren't PM's a pretty big advantage for town since it's a pain to fabricate PM's?

yes they are.


I hope I roll town then :D Blue would be best. I've played like 10 games and I've only been blue in a themed game where everyone was blue (and my role was relatively weak). Well, I guess I was blue in Nuclear Mafia as well, but I completely misused my role (as did others with the same weird role).

Oh yeah! Let me go read up who you were again XD

"Immune one"

I was blue that game and the night before it would have finally been effective I was war protestered.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
January 10 2014 20:46 GMT
#267
On January 11 2014 05:32 Koshi wrote:
We need +1 to run host set up.

Was host setup 25?
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
January 10 2014 21:46 GMT
#274
On January 11 2014 06:41 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 04:11 Alakaslam wrote:
Hey DR Helvetia

Do you hate corgis now?

i like all dogs of course

Do you want a pit bull Labrador mix? And a pointer?
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
January 11 2014 01:47 GMT
#345
Hello.

I have neither interest in running for nor objection to being mayor. Probably better to confirm a vet as town and then vote that veteran.

I will initiate a private chat with Blazinghand soon, otherwise feel free to PM me your desired method of communication. I watch Star Trek evenings (California time), immediately following tends to improve communication with me.

Please be wary of me, I am very good at looking town early! It just doesn't tend to last. This game I may try and learn how to do that or simply exude my alignment naturally.

I'm expecting a pretty good game.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
January 11 2014 03:01 GMT
#361
On January 11 2014 10:53 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 10:47 Alakaslam wrote:
Hello.

I have neither interest in running for nor objection to being mayor. Probably better to confirm a vet as town and then vote that veteran.

I will initiate a private chat with Blazinghand soon, otherwise feel free to PM me your desired method of communication. I watch Star Trek evenings (California time), immediately following tends to improve communication with me.

Please be wary of me, I am very good at looking town early! It just doesn't tend to last. This game I may try and learn how to do that or simply exude my alignment naturally.

I'm expecting a pretty good game.

Cool, now participate in the current discussion. Should the mayor ever hammer? What do you think of BH on kush?

I think Kush should be given a chance but I can understand BH.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
January 11 2014 03:03 GMT
#362
On January 11 2014 11:48 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 11:34 Blazinghand wrote:
I have yet to receive a om from slam


.....What? What was the meaning of his first post then?

Alakaslam better explain the meaning of this.

Lol. Stuff came up I received BH's pm.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
January 11 2014 03:23 GMT
#374
On January 11 2014 12:05 Xatalos wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 12:03 Alakaslam wrote:
On January 11 2014 11:48 Xatalos wrote:
On January 11 2014 11:34 Blazinghand wrote:
I have yet to receive a om from slam


.....What? What was the meaning of his first post then?

Alakaslam better explain the meaning of this.

Lol. Stuff came up I received BH's pm.


You said you're initiating a chat, yet BH PM'd you? Can you explain more closely?

I had to go. I was using iPhone at home and got a call from my mom, her washer is busted. Can give you picture if you want but it will say nothing.

Then I received BH's elect dr h pm.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
January 11 2014 03:24 GMT
#375
On January 11 2014 12:22 raynpelikoneet wrote:
Blazinghand who did you PM about supporting DrH?

It appears I have answered even more than I thought
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
January 11 2014 03:28 GMT
#382
On January 11 2014 12:26 raynpelikoneet wrote:
It's important on N1 because obviously bules should claim to the mayor.

Wait what? Why?
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
January 11 2014 03:41 GMT
#389
That is oddly careless reasoning Rayn.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
January 11 2014 07:36 GMT
#415
I am suspicious of a Dr. Helvetica/ Blazinghand / VisceraEyes scumteam

Which probably means all are town. -_-
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
January 11 2014 08:04 GMT
#428
On January 11 2014 16:38 VisceraEyes wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 16:36 Alakaslam wrote:
I am suspicious of a Dr. Helvetica/ Blazinghand / VisceraEyes scumteam

Which probably means all are town. -_-

Walk me through it while I care. I know I just got here, but I'd like to know the substance of your suspicion if any.

Do you want more reasoning for why I'm fine with DocH as mayor, or can you just read his filter so far and figure it out?

You might not care anymore but the thread could use the same answers.

Blazinghand having a terrible campaign that gets perfectly slayed by dr h followed by BH pushing dr h mayor followed by VE saying BH must be town for co-ordinations like that?

Too perfectly co-ordinated.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
January 11 2014 09:20 GMT
#469
On January 11 2014 17:58 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
On January 11 2014 16:22 WaveofShadow wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 16:15 Mocsta wrote:
On January 11 2014 15:45 WaveofShadow wrote:
On January 11 2014 15:42 Mocsta wrote:
On January 11 2014 15:37 WaveofShadow wrote:
On January 11 2014 15:36 Mocsta wrote:
On January 11 2014 15:12 WaveofShadow wrote:
On January 11 2014 15:11 Mocsta wrote:
On January 11 2014 15:05 WaveofShadow wrote:
Well here's a shocker ladies and gents: I've rolled town.

##Vote: WoS/Gigglytummy

So....you're voting me for mayor?

Correct

I haven't announced my intent to campaign. Is there a reason I have your vote and you apparently trust me over DrH and all of the other people who are actually trying for mayor?

Yes

because you rolled town.

being confirmed town, why wouldnt i vote for you?

Even were I confirmed town, how do you know I will use the mayoral powers effectively?

How do you know I would care?

I would think that you should.
I'm not entirely certain that it will be enough in this game for the mayoral role to go to someone people believe/assume is town alone---it may be important that the role rightfully goes to someone who will effectively get scum lynched; that is, someone with strong reads and convictions but who will also be able to defer to the town and/or take advice when necessary.

I am actually interested in other people's thoughts on this matter: would it simply be enough to give the mayor role to someone who was theoretically confirmed town but may or may not use the role to great effect?


And another question specifically for you, Mocsta. I am currently in contact with somebody who believes that you may be trolling with that vote. Is that true?

I just got back from Friday Night Magic so I'm going to respond to the thread. I'd rather give the mayor role to someone I was maybe 70% sure was town but know would be effective than someone who I was 100% sure is town but had no confidence in. Scum mayor is a high pressure situation and if they're afraid to use or threaten the hammer at all, or kind of sit back with the role and play it safe I'll probably push them on Day 3 if I'm still alive. It'd be worth losing the mayor role to catch a mafia tbh, but of course I wouldn't vote for anyone I find suspicious. That's why I'm running anyway.

Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 16:41 WaveofShadow wrote:
On January 11 2014 16:37 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
If someone disappeared from the thread after being accused and ignored the hammer threat completely, I'd try to swing the vote on them and ride the day out to avoid cutting it short but id drop it right away if it seemed like the bandwagon would change

I don't think I understand.
What do you mean by 'dropping it,' and if the bandwagon would change to what? Do you mean off of the threatened person or onto him?


Dropping the hammer, off the threatened player.

So I threaten hammer on Player C who is accused Day 2, Player C either shitposts or dips out of the thread entirely. I will not drop the hammer but encourage everyone to lynch Player C. If there is a concerted effort to misdirect the vote off of C or people start to lose confidence for a dumb reason, that is when I would exercise the power to hammer the player. Partly because town should never ever do that and partly because I'd like to foster a town environment where that kind of wishy washy shit doesn't happen.

I agree more or less with yamato's reads so far. I'd bet like five dollars at this point (let's say that means I'm around 40% sure) that either marvellosity or bloodycobbler are mafia. Marv said he's high in a PM to me and BC sometimes doesn't read when he's not interested and I'm not going to call for anyones head until they defend themselves, but they can not be allowed to continue playing passively. All Marv did when he PM'd me today is basically try to make me doubt myself, then not push it/argue when I didn't agree, and ask me sort of easy questions? There wasn't really any point to the communication, I couldn't figure out what he was getting at as town but maybe he was just bored. Either way, it's not good.

So, BH PM'd me his post about voting for me like an hour or two before he posted it, that's really strange? I think he was gauging for my reaction to it but all I did was comment on the bit about the miller, I didn't thank him or tell him anything I thought about his support in and of itself, because I was immediately put off by a move like that. I told Marv what happened and he says oh well it's just BH being BH, it's not interesting, which I am also put off by because that's an easy excuse not to examine his intentions. I demand that BH explains his intentions. He still seems to think a kush lynch is the best option, so why not continue your campaign yourself? All you have to do is use the hammer in the way I've explained, if you think that's a good idea, you can get what you want and what I argued for? Says to me he doesn't really care about his own lynch at all and that's not a good sign. Please explain.

Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 17:24 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I am also curious why people are supporting DrH so hard when he has made zero contributions towards anyone in this game besides himself. If he is to become a mayor he should be interested in lynching mafia, not discussing how he is going to get people talk on D2.


I don't think it's fair to call me a non-contributing player for talking about policy and derailing a shitty policy lynch like an hour or two into the game, when I've been pretty busy all night. I don't think talking about policy is useless at all actually, I think it's the best thing or really the only thing to do on Day 1. I've expressed this sentiment before, outside of being in a game, so I can promise you that viewpoint is not connected to my alignment in any way. Scum have been caught straight up this way before. Like Promethelax in LX who argued about policy lynches on Day 1 then didn't follow through with his own logic then martyred himself over getting caught.

Just the way people respond to the mayoral campaigns and policy ideas can be very telling. I.E if they spend all their time devaluing other peoples ideas and complaining that no one is scumhunting when they aren't doing anything else except throwing negativity on what other people are doing - with no clear goal in mind. The player who agreed with the kush lynch is highly suspect as well, here's some trademark laziness from me - i'm not gonna look back and find out who that is rn - but i'm pretty sure someone said the kush lynch seemed like a good idea or is "okay with me" and if I was a dayvig I'd have a strong urge to shoot that person right away. Wouldn't do it. But I'd have a strong urge.

I apologize for not having rock solid scumreads and that I'm not ready to kill anyone right now. Hopefully my intentions to pressure marv/BC into being active and BH into explaining himself count as contribution. I'd also like to see rayn do something other than post one liners and cast doubt on others. If I am expected as town to be doing some kind of amazing scumhunting right now, then you are too. Unfortunately, I scum hunt at my pace and on my time and not yours and I prefer to keep town on a need to know basis. There are plenty of other players that have piqued my interest or said things that stood out to me. I find making constant lists of everyone I find mildly suspicious absolutely worthless, I can say I already have ideas forming about who and how to pressure certain people when I'm more alert in the morning and that I can promise that it will be made very apparent in the second half of Day 1.


Very good, very good!

Well. Let's hope people think about the words in this post.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
January 11 2014 09:26 GMT
#478
Dr Helvetica is spreading wisdom.

Given sufficient knowledge of forum mafia, this ability becomes incredibly useful.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
January 11 2014 09:27 GMT
#482
On January 11 2014 18:26 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I don't hate the way you play. I think you are just using many words to say very little.

If he is town, his play is as perfect as you are gonna see.

Yet, because of how you play, I hear you. I still maintain some suspicion
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
January 11 2014 09:28 GMT
#484
On January 11 2014 18:27 DoctorHelvetica wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 18:26 raynpelikoneet wrote:
I don't hate the way you play. I think you are just using many words to say very little.

all you've done is ask me questions and tell people not to vote for me, you're worthless basically

On the contrary, he is uncanny.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
January 11 2014 09:28 GMT
#487
On January 11 2014 18:27 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On January 11 2014 18:24 DoctorHelvetica wrote:I typically go many hours without reading the thread and completely forget what I said. I forgot I was even that aggressive with BH in the first place.


lol.. sounds like someone we know, doesn't it rayn?

I know this isn't directed at me but yes, I empathize.
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Alakaslam
Profile Blog Joined September 2011
United States17336 Posts
January 11 2014 09:29 GMT
#488
Wassup Kush speak for I listen
If you think Elon Musk is a Nazi, it is because YOU radicalized him!
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 1h 52m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
ProTech6
StarCraft: Brood War
actioN 588
910 488
Hyuk 335
Soma 173
Light 85
Dewaltoss 83
Killer 63
BeSt 57
Yoon 50
Shinee 49
[ Show more ]
Mind 36
NotJumperer 33
sorry 26
Bale 25
EffOrt 24
ZergMaN 23
yabsab 19
Mong 11
Noble 5
ZerO 4
Terrorterran 0
Dota 2
XcaliburYe235
League of Legends
JimRising 430
Counter-Strike
olofmeister1282
Heroes of the Storm
crisheroes2263
Khaldor521
Other Games
gofns9414
singsing1194
ceh9640
XBOCT343
Mew2King118
ArmadaUGS50
DeMusliM34
Pyrionflax7
ZerO(Twitch)1
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick666
Dota 2
PGL Dota 2 - Main Stream264
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH195
• LUISG 34
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• iopq 3
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2276
League of Legends
• Jankos1260
• Stunt494
Other Games
• WagamamaTV125
Upcoming Events
Kung Fu Cup
1h 52m
Stellar Fest
3h 52m
The PondCast
1d
OSC
1d 3h
Stellar Fest
1d 3h
OSC
1d 14h
Stellar Fest
2 days
CranKy Ducklings
3 days
Online Event
3 days
FEL
3 days
[ Show More ]
AI Arena Tournament
3 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
3 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
4 days
INu's Battles
4 days
herO vs Classic
Percival vs Rogue
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
BSL Open Qualifier
4 days
Replay Cast
4 days
WardiTV Weekly
5 days
Replay Cast
5 days
INu's Battles
6 days
SHIN vs Cure
ByuN vs Zoun
PiGosaur Cup
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.