• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 08:55
CEST 14:55
KST 21:55
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro4 Preview: Mirror Mirror4[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach5[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10
Community News
Rollback Netcode in Brood War35.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 202619Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)0SC4ALL: II SC2 Complete Invited Player Lineup10StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026)78
StarCraft 2
General
5.0.17 Patch Notes - October 7, 2026 [Old] StarCraft 3 Reportedly in Development StarCraft II 5.0.17 PTR Patch Notes (Sept 30, 2026) How do you feel about the mass reverts in the 5.0.17 PTR? Weekly Cups Results (Sep 28-Oct 4)
Tourneys
RSL 2026 Offline Finals LCQ Sign-Ups Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20) ISSL (IntoTheTV x SOOP SC2 League): Premier Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament 2026 GSTL Grand Finals
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
Mutation # 546 Catch the Train The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble
Brood War
General
Rollback Netcode in Brood War Sagi.gg Launcher Released Fantasy returning? GG Lan Fest Sofia, Bulgaria [this November] ASL22 General Discussion
Tourneys
[Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Semifinal B [ASL22] Semifinal A [ASL22] Ro8 Day 4
Strategy
Simple Questions, Simple Answers Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do?
Other Games
General Games
Nintendo Switch Thread General RTS Discussion Thread Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
US Politics Mega-thread Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine Canadian Politics Mega-thread Artificial Intelligence Thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread
Fan Clubs
Serral Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
[Manga] One Piece Movie Discussion! Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread MLB/Baseball 2023
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
[ASL22] Ro4 Day1 Ticket Giv…
bITt.mAN
Escaping Into Video Games: G…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 11018 users

PYP: League of Legends Mafia - Page 4

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
December 04 2013 01:55 GMT
#2336
Twas the day 1 before lynch, and all through the thread
The townies were wondering who should be dead.
Despite the clamor of bad townies to echo their message
Bum knew his word was the real visage
"J-Carl is the mafia, I have good proof here"
Most townies nodded, and bum was held dear!
But then LSB, with a smile quite wicked,
said, "but am I Tryn, which Bum supposedly pick-ed?"
The townies winced at the thought, but that wince slowly faded
"Yeah Bum, how come no Tryn?"; LSB was elated.
"Well this isn't fair, is this a cruel joke by the hosts?!"
Sniggered LeanSoggyBacon, "I just don't read your posts!"

As the votes piled high, Bum knew he could show 'em.
"I'll show them real good, with a quite epic poem!"
I think Jcarl is mafia, or my name is not Bum
But did you know geript, is rival, is probably scum?
Though I may fall short, because I have to use waffles,
to rhyme with my next guess, who is most likely Roffles
I feel really bad because kushm4asta seems new
but he can't think I'm townie, he's not smart enough to knew.

More, I know not, but I can give a few guesses
of people who might wear blood-stained red dresses.
Although, guaranteed, he is our DeeTee,
To claim is lackluster, you naughty VE
What kind of person needs to claim that to Lux he is wed?
An easy read, most likely, and I have a hunch he's red.
I'd watch out for this guy, his name isOatsmasta
He called me townie too quickly,like one other m4sta

There may be more that I'm missing, that I have simply not found.
But if you were not mentioned, then I think you are town!
I may not be the townie you needed right now,
but I'm the one you deserve, and this lynch I'll allow.
+ Show Spoiler +
[image loading]
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
December 04 2013 01:57 GMT
#2338
Wait, so now we might lynch Jay after my sweet death post? Awkward...
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
December 04 2013 02:04 GMT
#2350
On December 04 2013 11:00 Mig wrote:
So bum you feel that the entire scum team is made up of lurkers and new players? (besides possibly LSB)

Can you please explain the lux pick. You ranked lux as one of the strongest roles and thought you could get it at 15?


Pretty much you can blame Risen. I was going to go with a strong vet role like garen or mordekaiser, and I thought I could probably lure at least one hit if I scumhunted hard. But when Risen said he was just going to pick his favorite champ instead of lux/vet, I didn't want to risk no one taking it. I'd rather be vanilla then not have Lux in the game.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
December 04 2013 02:09 GMT
#2356
On December 04 2013 11:01 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2013 11:00 justanothertownie wrote:
It is a sweet post but why oh why do you take the little time you have to rhyme instead of trying to convince us that you are town? I will never understand this kind of behaviour it was the same with iamp in noir.

Shameless +1

I wish he detailed why Geript is scum too. I find it highly unlikely that jcarl/Geript shared scum to scum interactions.


It's pretty easy. It's not bussing, but arguing in thread with scum buddies is a pretty easy way to go under the radar, and you tend to get a safety blanket if people consider it when they analyze you. I'd expect two lesser mafia who are good at working together to do it. I've done it before... I think.

If there are any rolechecks in the game, I'd give jcarl a peek. If he's kassadin he's 100% scum. In fact, any Kassadin is scum at this point unless they claim real soon and with a good reason why they waited.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
December 04 2013 02:10 GMT
#2358
On December 04 2013 11:07 Mocsta wrote:
At least with Bum theres some glaring inconsistencies which I don't understand and he hasn't made an effort to enlighten us about either.


Please keep asking, I think it's important for me to answer at this point.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
December 04 2013 02:18 GMT
#2370
On December 04 2013 11:09 VisceraEyes wrote:
What does Risen have to do with the rest of town's propensity to pick roles that give them information about who is scum vs town in a direct, mod confirmed fashion?


Because he openly said he was not going to pick lux after I told him he should.
1) No one else claimed they wouldn't follow my list in that fashion, even JonnyLaw at least gave a good reason as to why he wasn't taking tryndamere
2) Again, if someone had claimed they would take Lux before the draft ended, I probably would have let it slide. You went and claimed it after the draft ended. The absolute worst time to do so. I would never have said anything if you didn't, and I'm sure the other person who tried to pick Lux would have done the same as I did.

You've either disappointed me with choosing to make that play as a townie, or you did something I probably would have down as scum. I'm undecided because you are silly sometimes
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
December 04 2013 02:19 GMT
#2372
On December 04 2013 11:13 Mig wrote:
I have a hard time believing your reasoning bum. This is your first game in over a year and it is a pyp. You would really risk being vanilla just to make sure the town gets Lux? Somebody was going to pick lux and if we believed everyone then like 4 people tried to. And I mean it seems obvious people weren't going to follow your plan so why wouldn't you expect any of the people ahead of you to pick it.





Don't worry about it Mig. Just know it's true when I flip.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
December 04 2013 02:23 GMT
#2377
Kassadin is a selective Roleblocker, aside from Viktor, it's the strongest role for both sides. If it is in town's hands and he doesn't claim, it's good for town obviously, but we shouldn't have ignored BC and my sentiments that certain roles need to be known and on whom.

If scum has kassadin, thats basically a dead blue power for town 100% of the time. If town has kassadin and I rolecheck that person, I'm going to claim or him and try to lynch him in a vacuum.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
December 04 2013 02:25 GMT
#2380
On December 04 2013 11:22 LSB wrote:
Hahaha great poem Bum, though I'm a little confused by how you expect there to be 6 mafia and 3 sks in this setup


Sorry, the other bolded people were slight scum reads, not third party. BE HAPPY YOUR AMONG THOSE.

You tryndamer-taking-mother-fucker. Everything would be fine and dandy if you choose anything else.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
December 04 2013 02:28 GMT
#2383
On December 04 2013 11:20 VisceraEyes wrote:
I did so because I was third pick Bum what did you expect me to do? The top picks are like almost guaranteed to get champs so it's not like I wasn't already a target for scum.


Claim it first, so we don't try, or don't claim at all. Can't you see it's fairly scummy to claim something that strong at the wrong time, so people have to have a very good reason to actually read you?
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
December 04 2013 02:31 GMT
#2387
Also, people asking me to defend myself. I can't really defend myself for fakeclaiming role-denial. I like to be risky when I get the chance in mafia. This probably would have come back to bite me later, but this is much sooner then I expected, I was hoping to lead a lynch onto scum before I had to say anything.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
December 04 2013 02:34 GMT
#2391
On December 04 2013 11:30 kushm4sta wrote:
@bumlover
Show nested quote +
feel really bad because kushm4asta seems new
but he can't think I'm townie, he's not smart enough to knew.


not new at all. played a fuck ton of games. I have very specific reasons for thinking you are town. smd


You can't be that omnipotent. You'd have to analyze my past posts and come to the conclusion that everything I've done was to further advance Town's advantage over scum.

There is a super slim chance that you are not mafia hoping to get some cred when I flip green.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
December 04 2013 02:38 GMT
#2396
On December 04 2013 11:29 VisceraEyes wrote:
Are you saying that people don't have a very good reason to actually read me now Bum? Because I'm Lux?


They do, but your priority on the list of people that need to get analyzed shoots way down knowing your first ability does nothing for scum, and does so much for town. If I was 70% on you being mafia, it still would probably not be worth it to lynch you early.

I just want to make this strategy known.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
December 04 2013 02:38 GMT
#2399
On December 04 2013 11:34 Rean wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2013 11:31 bumatlarge wrote:
Also, people asking me to defend myself. I can't really defend myself for fakeclaiming role-denial. I like to be risky when I get the chance in mafia. This probably would have come back to bite me later, but this is much sooner then I expected, I was hoping to lead a lynch onto scum before I had to say anything.


No follow. What do you mean fakeclaiming role-denial?

"HEY EVERYONE IM TAKING TRYNDAMERE"
Doesn't take tryndamere.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
December 04 2013 02:39 GMT
#2404
On December 04 2013 11:36 geript wrote:
Show nested quote +
On December 04 2013 11:31 bumatlarge wrote:
Also, people asking me to defend myself. I can't really defend myself for fakeclaiming role-denial. I like to be risky when I get the chance in mafia. This probably would have come back to bite me later, but this is much sooner then I expected, I was hoping to lead a lynch onto scum before I had to say anything.

Nobody cares about the fake claim. Like that's the least scummy thing you've done.


Usually I like to back things up with examples or at least fancy words. You have the rare talent or choosing not to do either.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
December 04 2013 02:44 GMT
#2413
Don't be discouraged when I flip town. It's an honest mislynch. Just focus on analyzing more then powers.

Facts>Analysis>Powers.

Good luck town!
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
December 04 2013 03:00 GMT
#2447
I'm always here.
Together but separate, like oatmeal
bumatlarge
Profile Blog Joined October 2007
United States4567 Posts
December 24 2013 04:59 GMT
#8423
Sorry I goofed up, I was in such shock that LSB managed to pick trynd. I lost my gusto to defend myself after that. I would probably make the play again, but I didn't want to pick something obscure so I went with lux. I would prefer full disclosure of role abilities as partial information leads promotes speculation, which I think was inefficient for both sides. Was 50/50 between lux and mordekaiser, but I didn't feel like I would have been a strong enough presence to abuse mordekaiser. Oh we'll good job team
Together but separate, like oatmeal
Prev 1 2 3 4 All
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Next event in 10h 5m
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
LamboSC2 347
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 32017
Calm 6834
Rain 1790
Bisu 1716
Jaedong 711
FanTaSy 631
Horang2 551
BeSt 384
Rush 312
Stork 302
[ Show more ]
Soma 254
Zeus 174
Larva 158
Light 151
Free 121
Snow 116
ZerO 113
Barracks 96
Mind 88
910 87
Mong 68
Killer 60
Pusan 60
Sea.KH 56
Hyun 39
ToSsGirL 35
NaDa 28
Shinee 28
Sexy 23
Aegong 21
Hm[arnc] 19
sorry 16
Terrorterran 15
Noble 13
Sacsri 7
Icarus 3
Dota 2
Gorgc7158
Counter-Strike
fl0m3050
olofmeister886
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King87
Other Games
gofns33169
singsing2113
B2W.Neo727
Lowko292
crisheroes289
hiko241
RotterdaM58
ZerO(Twitch)6
Organizations
StarCraft: Brood War
lovetv 9
[ Show 13 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• FirePhoenix11
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
League of Legends
• Nemesis3176
• Jankos2486
• TFBlade246
Other Games
• WagamamaTV186
Upcoming Events
OSC
10h 5m
Big Brain Bouts
21h 5m
Rex vs INexorable
GgMaChine vs HeRoMaRinE
Reynor vs herO
AI Arena Tournament
1d 4h
BSL: Ladder Tournament
1d 6h
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 21h
Patches Events
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
BSL Open Qualifier
2 days
WardiTV Weekly
3 days
PiGosaur Cup
4 days
[ Show More ]
The PondCast
5 days
Online Event
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-10-08
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Copium Cup

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
Acropolis #5
Acropolis #5 - GSB
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
HCC Season 3
eXTREMESLAND 2026
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.