• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 01:09
CEST 07:09
KST 14:09
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach2[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10171 users

Back To The Basics Mini Mafia - Page 7

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 145 Next
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=437262
sciberbia
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1359 Posts
November 20 2013 04:00 GMT
#121
+ Show Spoiler [cora] +

On November 20 2013 12:52 cDgCorazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2013 12:49 sciberbia wrote:
On November 20 2013 12:44 cDgCorazon wrote:
On November 20 2013 12:43 sciberbia wrote:
On November 20 2013 12:28 thrawn2112 wrote:
Who wants a free town read? I've only got one, get it while supplies last! All you need to do is be the first to respond to this post!

mocsta is ineligible because him and I are already confirmed town to each other


@thrawn
You are masons?

Thx for piggybacking on my post. I really appreciate it.

I didnt' 'piggyback' on your post. Our posts aren't saying at all the same thing.

My post basically said "so you are claiming mason? interesting..."
Your post said "you are mason?"

So I guess you could say that a lack of reaction is a difference. But it's not like we "aren't saying at all the same thing".



@cora
You made the assumption that he was claiming mason and commented on its plausibility. I found that assumption troubling, and asked him if he was in fact claiming mason.

+ Show Spoiler [cora] +


I think it is sciberia either not understanding that the first page of a game is usually just joking around or he is trying to rock the boat ridiculously early in the game.

Seeing as sciberia is not new to this game, I think it's the latter.



@cora
Guilty as charged. I dislike random bullshit phase. Just because most games start with a bunch of trolling doesn't mean we have to. I think we're actually doing quite well so far.
Bereft
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1007 Posts
November 20 2013 04:01 GMT
#122
On November 20 2013 12:57 cDgCorazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2013 12:54 Aquanim wrote:

...
On that note, sciberia needs to stop analyzing the first page so hard and just discuss. We're not going to find scum on the first page. You guys just need to talk instead of being at each other's throats 30 minutes into the game.

The way I see it, sciberbia analysing the first page at least gives us something to talk about. Why don't you think what he's doing is productive?


I think it is sciberia either not understanding that the first page of a game is usually just joking around or he is trying to rock the boat ridiculously early in the game.

Seeing as sciberia is not new to this game, I think it's the latter.

and what's wrong with rocking the boat ridiculously early in the game?

did you notice that mocsta also did the same thing? according to him, from the 1st page, aqua, sciberia, and I are scum.

do you only take issue with sciberia's page 1 analysis only because it's about you?
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
November 20 2013 04:04 GMT
#123
On November 20 2013 13:00 sciberbia wrote:
+ Show Spoiler [cora] +

On November 20 2013 12:52 cDgCorazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2013 12:49 sciberbia wrote:
On November 20 2013 12:44 cDgCorazon wrote:
On November 20 2013 12:43 sciberbia wrote:
On November 20 2013 12:28 thrawn2112 wrote:
Who wants a free town read? I've only got one, get it while supplies last! All you need to do is be the first to respond to this post!

mocsta is ineligible because him and I are already confirmed town to each other


@thrawn
You are masons?

Thx for piggybacking on my post. I really appreciate it.

I didnt' 'piggyback' on your post. Our posts aren't saying at all the same thing.

My post basically said "so you are claiming mason? interesting..."
Your post said "you are mason?"

So I guess you could say that a lack of reaction is a difference. But it's not like we "aren't saying at all the same thing".



@cora
You made the assumption that he was claiming mason and commented on its plausibility. I found that assumption troubling, and asked him if he was in fact claiming mason.

+ Show Spoiler [cora] +


I think it is sciberia either not understanding that the first page of a game is usually just joking around or he is trying to rock the boat ridiculously early in the game.

Seeing as sciberia is not new to this game, I think it's the latter.



@cora
Guilty as charged. I dislike random bullshit phase. Just because most games start with a bunch of trolling doesn't mean we have to. I think we're actually doing quite well so far.


Where in that post do I say he is claiming mason? I was making a comment on the possibility of there being a mason after thrawn's post. If it had said in the OP "no masons in this game", then wouldn't it be suspicious? You're grasping at straws here bro.

The only thing I've seen from the early game is that you are looking pretty scummy right now.
Grubby's #1 Fan
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 20 2013 04:04 GMT
#124
On November 20 2013 12:55 Rean wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2013 12:52 Bereft wrote:
Rean, what do you think of Mocsta thus far?


Talks a lot, seems awfully certain of everything he says.

@Rean
Given this, which way are you leaning on Mocsta in terms of alignment?
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
November 20 2013 04:07 GMT
#125
On November 20 2013 13:01 Bereft wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2013 12:57 cDgCorazon wrote:
On November 20 2013 12:54 Aquanim wrote:

...
On that note, sciberia needs to stop analyzing the first page so hard and just discuss. We're not going to find scum on the first page. You guys just need to talk instead of being at each other's throats 30 minutes into the game.

The way I see it, sciberbia analysing the first page at least gives us something to talk about. Why don't you think what he's doing is productive?


I think it is sciberia either not understanding that the first page of a game is usually just joking around or he is trying to rock the boat ridiculously early in the game.

Seeing as sciberia is not new to this game, I think it's the latter.

and what's wrong with rocking the boat ridiculously early in the game?

did you notice that mocsta also did the same thing? according to him, from the 1st page, aqua, sciberia, and I are scum.

do you only take issue with sciberia's page 1 analysis only because it's about you?

He didn't do it with just me. He told Moc and I that it was scummy that we made troll posts. At least Mocsta was direct in saying who he thought was scummy instead of sciberia who is only doing a "window looking" version of scum hunting.
Grubby's #1 Fan
Bereft
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1007 Posts
November 20 2013 04:14 GMT
#126
he wasn't actually calling mocsta scum. just you.

i don't see the distinction between mocsta's explicitly stating and sciberia's "window looking". how were they different? could you expand pls?
Rean
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands808 Posts
November 20 2013 04:14 GMT
#127
On November 20 2013 13:00 sciberbia wrote:


@cora
You made the assumption that he was claiming mason and commented on its plausibility. I found that assumption troubling, and asked him if he was in fact claiming mason.


He wasn't assuming it, he was suggesting it as one of the possibilities.

On November 20 2013 13:04 Aquanim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2013 12:55 Rean wrote:
On November 20 2013 12:52 Bereft wrote:
Rean, what do you think of Mocsta thus far?


Talks a lot, seems awfully certain of everything he says.

@Rean
Given this, which way are you leaning on Mocsta in terms of alignment?


I'd say town, scum is typically more laidback. But could just be a good scumbag.
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
November 20 2013 04:18 GMT
#128
##vote: cDgCorazon
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Rean
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands808 Posts
November 20 2013 04:19 GMT
#129
On November 20 2013 13:14 Bereft wrote:
he wasn't actually calling mocsta scum. just you.

i don't see the distinction between mocsta's explicitly stating and sciberia's "window looking". how were they different? could you expand pls?


He means that Mocsta is going around calling people scum or town straightup, unlike Sciberia who is more held back.
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
November 20 2013 04:20 GMT
#130
Mocsta does his verbal sparring and states his opinion clearly:

On November 20 2013 12:24 Mocsta wrote:
I think if there are 3 scum. So far it'saquanim, sciberbia and you[Bereft].


While sciberia simply misreads my posts and attacks me, yet doesn't give any conclusion to his read on me. Way less direct and clear then what Mocsta did.
Grubby's #1 Fan
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 20 2013 04:20 GMT
#131
@Corazon
I'd like you to elaborate more on why you think sciberbia is scum. I don't entirely understand your argument at present.
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
November 20 2013 04:20 GMT
#132
On November 20 2013 13:18 thrawn2112 wrote:
##vote: cDgCorazon

Is that you Marv?
Grubby's #1 Fan
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
November 20 2013 04:21 GMT
#133
cDgCorazon idk what you're trying to say

that scib is mafia?
that he's town and you don't like his play?
what?
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 20 2013 04:22 GMT
#134
EBWOP: The point is I'd like you to summarise your entire case in one post and explain to me why sciberbia's behaviour is more likely from a scummer than from a townie.
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
November 20 2013 04:24 GMT
#135
On November 20 2013 13:20 Aquanim wrote:
@Corazon
I'd like you to elaborate more on why you think sciberbia is scum. I don't entirely understand your argument at present.

He's trying to get us to tunnel each other early so he can just sit around and piggyback on town lynches and point the finger at others.

This is demonstrated when he essentially copies my post asking thrawn if he was a mason (deliberately, his post was at least 2-3 minutes after mine) and then decides that he can take my words and twist them when I pressure him about it.

This is what troubles me about sciberia right now.
Grubby's #1 Fan
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
November 20 2013 04:25 GMT
#136
Cor, can you explain your thought process here? What was your read on scib when you made this post?

On November 20 2013 12:57 cDgCorazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2013 12:54 Aquanim wrote:

...
On that note, sciberia needs to stop analyzing the first page so hard and just discuss. We're not going to find scum on the first page. You guys just need to talk instead of being at each other's throats 30 minutes into the game.

The way I see it, sciberbia analysing the first page at least gives us something to talk about. Why don't you think what he's doing is productive?


I think it is sciberia either not understanding that the first page of a game is usually just joking around or he is trying to rock the boat ridiculously early in the game.

Seeing as sciberia is not new to this game, I think it's the latter.

"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
November 20 2013 04:31 GMT
#137
On November 20 2013 13:25 thrawn2112 wrote:
+ Show Spoiler +
Cor, can you explain your thought process here? What was your read on scib when you made this post?

On November 20 2013 12:57 cDgCorazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2013 12:54 Aquanim wrote:

...
On that note, sciberia needs to stop analyzing the first page so hard and just discuss. We're not going to find scum on the first page. You guys just need to talk instead of being at each other's throats 30 minutes into the game.

The way I see it, sciberbia analysing the first page at least gives us something to talk about. Why don't you think what he's doing is productive?


I think it is sciberia either not understanding that the first page of a game is usually just joking around or he is trying to rock the boat ridiculously early in the game.

Seeing as sciberia is not new to this game, I think it's the latter.


Was my above post sufficient or do you have more questions?
Grubby's #1 Fan
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
November 20 2013 04:35 GMT
#138
No, I'd like you to respond to that specific question, please. I'm want to know your thoughts and read on scib at the exact time you posted the post that I posted about you posting.
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
November 20 2013 04:35 GMT
#139
##unvote

^^^ this is not meant to absolve you from answering the question
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Rean
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands808 Posts
November 20 2013 04:36 GMT
#140
Aquanim, you're constantly asking but never saying much about what you think. Gimme one town and one scum and reasons why please.
Prev 1 5 6 7 8 9 145 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings136
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
NeuroSwarm 176
StarCraft: Brood War
hero 269
BeSt 220
soO 49
sorry 44
Mind 27
Terrorterran 19
Bale 18
Noble 10
yabsab 7
ZergMaN 7
[ Show more ]
Icarus 6
Dota 2
monkeys_forever1003
League of Legends
JimRising 712
Counter-Strike
taco 397
Super Smash Bros
Mew2King149
Other Games
summit1g9711
Maynarde194
RuFF_SC2120
ArmadaUGS40
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick501
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 7
[ Show 15 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Berry_CruncH331
• Hupsaiya 115
• practicex 31
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• Pr0nogo 2
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Dota 2
• lizZardDota2125
League of Legends
• Rush939
• Stunt346
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
4h 51m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
5h 51m
Monday Night Weeklies
10h 51m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 4h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 4h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 18h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.