• Log InLog In
  • Register
Liquid`
Team Liquid Liquipedia
EDT 21:28
CEST 03:28
KST 10:28
  • Home
  • Forum
  • Calendar
  • Streams
  • Liquipedia
  • Features
  • Store
  • EPT
  • TL+
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Smash
  • Heroes
  • Counter-Strike
  • Overwatch
  • Liquibet
  • Fantasy StarCraft
  • TLPD
  • StarCraft 2
  • Brood War
  • Blogs
Forum Sidebar
Events/Features
News
Featured News
[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach0[ASL22] Ro8 Preview: In A Tizzy11[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Holy Diver5[ASL22] Ro16 Preview: Rough Waters10[ASL22] Ro24 Preview: Siren's Call8
Community News
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple3BSL Season 2313Weekly Cups (Sep 7-12): SHIN, ByuN, MaxPax double down1StarCraft open world shooter announced at BlizzCon101Weekly Cups (Aug 30-Sep 7): herO thrives amid growing schism10
StarCraft 2
General
Weekly Cups (Sep 13-20): herO scores triple How do you feel about the StarCraft shooter announcement at BlizzCon 2026? Balance hotfix patch 5.0.16b (July 16) Blizzard Classic Cup @ BlizzCon 2026 - $100k prize pool The Death of Cheese: From a Professional Cheeser
Tourneys
2026 GSTL Grand Finals ScienceCraft (October 24-25) - Live Event Sparkling Tuna Cup - Weekly Open Tournament Master Swan Open (Global Bronze-Master 2) Stellar Fest TWO the Moon (Dec 16-20)
Strategy
[H] ZvP Mid-Late Game: Stalkers Collossi HT
Custom Maps
[M] (2) Sweltering Sands [M] (2) Frigid Storage
External Content
The PondCast: SC2 News & Results Mutation # 545 And Drops and Rifts Mutation # 544 Double Trouble Mutation # 543 Enhanced Defenses
Brood War
General
Bot on ladder BGH Auto Balance -> http://bghmmr.eu/ an AI researcher's take on the ladder bot [ASL22] Ro8 Preview: Within Reach StarCraft Human 'N' AI League
Tourneys
[ASL22] Ro8 Day 3 [Megathread] Daily Proleagues [ASL22] Ro8 Day 2 [ASL22] Ro8 Day 1
Strategy
Cliff Jump Revisited (1 in a 1000 strategy) Replay Review Process - What do you do? Simple Questions, Simple Answers Odyssey Mineral Stack Saturation
Other Games
General Games
Stormgate/Frost Giant Megathread Total Annihilation Zero Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Nintendo Switch Thread EVE Corporation
Dota 2
Dota 2 Champions League Season 3 Begins April 25! Official 'what is Dota anymore' discussion
League of Legends
[TL LoL EUW IHs] Teemo shall perish
Heroes of the Storm
Heroes of the Storm 2.0
Hearthstone
Deck construction bug
TL Mafia
TL Mafia Community Thread
Community
General
Things Aren’t Peaceful in Palestine US Politics Mega-thread Russo-Ukrainian War Thread Artificial Intelligence Thread All you football fans (soccer)!
Fan Clubs
MarineLorD Fan Club The Creator Fan Club The ShoWTimE Fan Club
Media & Entertainment
Movie Discussion! [Manga] One Piece Diablo Animated Series on Netflix
Sports
Football (Soccer) Thread
World Cup 2022
Tech Support
Computer Build, Upgrade & Buying Resource Thread
TL Community
Recent Gifted Posts
Blogs
Violent-Cooperative Play and…
TrAiDoS
38 yo Retired SWE loo…
PurE)Rabbit-SF
Can Bots Beat Pros?? Starcr…
namkraft
[meme] I finally understa…
LUCKY_NOOB
Regacy Esports:Our Goa…
regacyesports
Customize Sidebar...

Website Feedback

Closed Threads



Active: 10120 users

Back To The Basics Mini Mafia - Page 6

Forum Index > TL Mafia
Post a Reply
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 145 Next
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=437262
sciberbia
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1359 Posts
November 20 2013 03:26 GMT
#101
On November 20 2013 12:18 Aquanim wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2013 12:14 thrawn2112 wrote:
On November 20 2013 12:12 Aquanim wrote:
Also, it gave you something to ask me about, so as a conversation starter I consider it a success.


What are your conclusions about moc's alignment based on his answer?

A teeny-tiny town-lean since he seems to be relaxed.

That's interesting. I assumed you were coming to the opposite conclusion, since to me his response looks more "sarcastic and dodgy" than "just saying no". What about his response strikes you as relaxed?

+ Show Spoiler [sarcastic and dodgy] +

On November 20 2013 12:06 Mocsta wrote:
Scum: a layer of dirt or froth on the surface of a liquid.

No, I am not.

I am a mobster, which is typically "scum" in the world of forum-mafia
However, in this game, roles are reversed and of the town I am.

Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 20 2013 03:26 GMT
#102
On November 20 2013 12:17 sciberbia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2013 12:06 cDgCorazon wrote:
Moc obv town. Fuck da police!

I think Cora is most likely to be scum so far. His entrance to the thread is what I would describe as very 'safe'. It's trolly, ingratiating, and echoes what Mocsta already said.

agree or disagree.

post 6
I can't remember what a scum Cora is like.. but the above sounds more typical of town if I recall correctly.

If I were to have a go at Corazon, it would be more along the lines of that being his sole post so far, yet being present in the thread to post that.

Read is null.

You look bad for trying to point fingers already on something that is null so early.
Bereft
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1007 Posts
November 20 2013 03:27 GMT
#103
On November 20 2013 12:17 sciberbia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2013 12:06 cDgCorazon wrote:
Moc obv town. Fuck da police!

I think Cora is most likely to be scum so far. His entrance to the thread is what I would describe as very 'safe'. It's trolly, ingratiating, and echoes what Mocsta already said.

agree or disagree.

agreed, very high chance imo. only potentially succeeded by this even more 'safe' entrance:

On November 20 2013 12:00 sciberbia wrote:
Hello everyone!


also trolly and ingratiating because why are you smiling at me? i've no idea who you are. are you my enemy? i don't know about you, but i've come from a tough city, living on the streets, forced to make a living in any way possible. i don't smile at passerby's on the street. the only people that do, do so with a smug sneer, and they are the pigs.

thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
November 20 2013 03:28 GMT
#104
Who wants a free town read? I've only got one, get it while supplies last! All you need to do is be the first to respond to this post!

mocsta is ineligible because him and I are already confirmed town to each other
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Mocsta
Profile Joined December 2012
Australia9389 Posts
November 20 2013 03:28 GMT
#105
post 7,
I Gotta scoot for a bit but the above post by sci is strike 2

One more and he gets my vote.

So damn dodgy. Sci is better than this. I expect him to be the analytical guy in this thread.
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
November 20 2013 03:37 GMT
#106
I took a shower. Sorry for not wanting to smell bad.

Moc, I'm quite concerned that you have already used up >25% of your "self-allotted posts". If you're going to start spamming, it's going to be a problem.

Now to my goals/early game statements:

1. I'm not gonna make any meta crap posts. TBH I don't remember anyone's meta and it's ridiculously stupid logic. I'm not going to stand for it and I don't think you guys should either.

2. I'm voting for the scummiest person. My last game was Titanic and it came down to 3-4 days of "X is scum, Y/Z/Q is scum as well". That led the town way off of the path and allowed my scum team the easiest scum win in a very long time. I don't care if they're not on the two lynch trains that are going to form. It's not instant majority so as long as I feel like I'm voting for the scummiest person in my opinion, I'm going to be happy with my vote.

3. I'm going to do my best to not be just an onlooker. I'm gonna try and facilitate discussion and ask a lot of questions instead of just answering questions and throw my ideas out there and just create more chaos.

On that note, sciberia needs to stop analyzing the first page so hard and just discuss. We're not going to find scum on the first page. You guys just need to talk instead of being at each other's throats 30 minutes into the game.

Grubby's #1 Fan
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
November 20 2013 03:40 GMT
#107
On November 20 2013 12:28 thrawn2112 wrote:
Who wants a free town read? I've only got one, get it while supplies last! All you need to do is be the first to respond to this post!

mocsta is ineligible because him and I are already confirmed town to each other


I'd like to say that mason falls under the role of "standard roles" and could be potentially in this set-up. Very intriguing...
Grubby's #1 Fan
sciberbia
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1359 Posts
November 20 2013 03:43 GMT
#108
On November 20 2013 12:28 thrawn2112 wrote:
Who wants a free town read? I've only got one, get it while supplies last! All you need to do is be the first to respond to this post!

mocsta is ineligible because him and I are already confirmed town to each other


@thrawn
You are masons?
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
November 20 2013 03:44 GMT
#109
On November 20 2013 12:43 sciberbia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2013 12:28 thrawn2112 wrote:
Who wants a free town read? I've only got one, get it while supplies last! All you need to do is be the first to respond to this post!

mocsta is ineligible because him and I are already confirmed town to each other


@thrawn
You are masons?

Thx for piggybacking on my post. I really appreciate it.
Grubby's #1 Fan
thrawn2112
Profile Blog Joined June 2010
United States6918 Posts
November 20 2013 03:44 GMT
#110
On November 20 2013 12:43 sciberbia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2013 12:28 thrawn2112 wrote:
Who wants a free town read? I've only got one, get it while supplies last! All you need to do is be the first to respond to this post!

mocsta is ineligible because him and I are already confirmed town to each other


@thrawn
You are masons?


no
"People think they know all these things about other people, and if you ask them why they think they know that, it'd be hard for them to be convincing." ES
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
November 20 2013 03:46 GMT
#111
On November 20 2013 12:44 thrawn2112 wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2013 12:43 sciberbia wrote:
On November 20 2013 12:28 thrawn2112 wrote:
Who wants a free town read? I've only got one, get it while supplies last! All you need to do is be the first to respond to this post!

mocsta is ineligible because him and I are already confirmed town to each other


@thrawn
You are masons?


no

Can you explain your statement then?
Grubby's #1 Fan
Bereft
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1007 Posts
November 20 2013 03:47 GMT
#112
he's referencing mocsta saying that i'm trying to disrupt their town circle:

On November 20 2013 12:24 Mocsta wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2013 12:19 Bereft wrote:
On November 20 2013 12:16 Mocsta wrote:
post 4
K thrawn is town

De ja ducking vu

explain.

you're going to burn through your posts really quickly if you write 1 to 2 liners and expect the rest of us to all be on your wavelength.

post 5
Scum like to interrupt town circles, so dial down the tone will ya.

I think if there are 3 scum. So far it'saquanim, sciberbia and you.
Course not everyone has posted so this is tentative and subject to change.

The answer to your question was in my previous post.
Dr ja vu.

Thrawn is contextually reading the same as I do. It's only a small point but enough for a town lean at this stage of the game.

Thanks for looking out for my post count
sciberbia
Profile Joined April 2011
United States1359 Posts
November 20 2013 03:49 GMT
#113
On November 20 2013 12:44 cDgCorazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2013 12:43 sciberbia wrote:
On November 20 2013 12:28 thrawn2112 wrote:
Who wants a free town read? I've only got one, get it while supplies last! All you need to do is be the first to respond to this post!

mocsta is ineligible because him and I are already confirmed town to each other


@thrawn
You are masons?

Thx for piggybacking on my post. I really appreciate it.

I didnt' 'piggyback' on your post. Our posts aren't saying at all the same thing.
Rean
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands808 Posts
November 20 2013 03:50 GMT
#114
On November 20 2013 12:37 cDgCorazon wrote:
I took a shower. Sorry for not wanting to smell bad.

Moc, I'm quite concerned that you have already used up >25% of your "self-allotted posts". If you're going to start spamming, it's going to be a problem.

Now to my goals/early game statements:

1. I'm not gonna make any meta crap posts. TBH I don't remember anyone's meta and it's ridiculously stupid logic. I'm not going to stand for it and I don't think you guys should either.

2. I'm voting for the scummiest person. My last game was Titanic and it came down to 3-4 days of "X is scum, Y/Z/Q is scum as well". That led the town way off of the path and allowed my scum team the easiest scum win in a very long time. I don't care if they're not on the two lynch trains that are going to form. It's not instant majority so as long as I feel like I'm voting for the scummiest person in my opinion, I'm going to be happy with my vote.

3. I'm going to do my best to not be just an onlooker. I'm gonna try and facilitate discussion and ask a lot of questions instead of just answering questions and throw my ideas out there and just create more chaos.

On that note, sciberia needs to stop analyzing the first page so hard and just discuss. We're not going to find scum on the first page. You guys just need to talk instead of being at each other's throats 30 minutes into the game.



Couldn't agree more. Also, don't shit up the thread with useless spam like the LXIII game please. I tried keeping up but the amount of shit posts just trolling/making useless jokes/comments is unbearable and makes it impossible to tell low-laying scum from trolling townies. If anyone goes around posting stupid oneliners without saying anything meaningful they have my vote >.>
Rean
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands808 Posts
November 20 2013 03:52 GMT
#115
On November 20 2013 12:46 cDgCorazon wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2013 12:44 thrawn2112 wrote:
On November 20 2013 12:43 sciberbia wrote:
On November 20 2013 12:28 thrawn2112 wrote:
Who wants a free town read? I've only got one, get it while supplies last! All you need to do is be the first to respond to this post!

mocsta is ineligible because him and I are already confirmed town to each other


@thrawn
You are masons?


no

Can you explain your statement then?


Think he means they have town reads based on previous meta or something. Not actually confirmed-confirmed.
Bereft
Profile Blog Joined February 2010
United States1007 Posts
November 20 2013 03:52 GMT
#116
Rean, what do you think of Mocsta thus far?
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
November 20 2013 03:52 GMT
#117
On November 20 2013 12:49 sciberbia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2013 12:44 cDgCorazon wrote:
On November 20 2013 12:43 sciberbia wrote:
On November 20 2013 12:28 thrawn2112 wrote:
Who wants a free town read? I've only got one, get it while supplies last! All you need to do is be the first to respond to this post!

mocsta is ineligible because him and I are already confirmed town to each other


@thrawn
You are masons?

Thx for piggybacking on my post. I really appreciate it.

I didnt' 'piggyback' on your post. Our posts aren't saying at all the same thing.

My post basically said "so you are claiming mason? interesting..."
Your post said "you are mason?"

So I guess you could say that a lack of reaction is a difference. But it's not like we "aren't saying at all the same thing".
Grubby's #1 Fan
Aquanim
Profile Joined November 2012
Australia2849 Posts
November 20 2013 03:54 GMT
#118
On November 20 2013 12:26 sciberbia wrote:
Show nested quote +
On November 20 2013 12:18 Aquanim wrote:
On November 20 2013 12:14 thrawn2112 wrote:
On November 20 2013 12:12 Aquanim wrote:
Also, it gave you something to ask me about, so as a conversation starter I consider it a success.


What are your conclusions about moc's alignment based on his answer?

A teeny-tiny town-lean since he seems to be relaxed.

That's interesting. I assumed you were coming to the opposite conclusion, since to me his response looks more "sarcastic and dodgy" than "just saying no". What about his response strikes you as relaxed?

+ Show Spoiler [sarcastic and dodgy] +

On November 20 2013 12:06 Mocsta wrote:
Scum: a layer of dirt or froth on the surface of a liquid.

No, I am not.

I am a mobster, which is typically "scum" in the world of forum-mafia
However, in this game, roles are reversed and of the town I am.


I think it's to be expected that in a forum game replies will be more verbose, and I'd expect some level of sarcasm from Mocsta in any case. Without any previous experience with this tactic in a forum game I don't have a baseline to compare to.

As an actual answer to your question: While his answer does have a fair bit of fluff in it, I don't get the feeling that he is uncomfortable talking about his alignment[ which I think is the pertinent point. The "No, I am not" is quite direct.

On November 20 2013 12:37 cDgCorazon wrote:
...

2. I'm voting for the scummiest person. My last game was Titanic and it came down to 3-4 days of "X is scum, Y/Z/Q is scum as well". That led the town way off of the path and allowed my scum team the easiest scum win in a very long time. I don't care if they're not on the two lynch trains that are going to form. It's not instant majority so as long as I feel like I'm voting for the scummiest person in my opinion, I'm going to be happy with my vote.

this. If I see one more person go "X/Y/Z is scumteam GG NO RE #MANNERMULES"... (especially when X/Y/Z are each and every one town...)
/rant


...
On that note, sciberia needs to stop analyzing the first page so hard and just discuss. We're not going to find scum on the first page. You guys just need to talk instead of being at each other's throats 30 minutes into the game.

The way I see it, sciberbia analysing the first page at least gives us something to talk about. Why don't you think what he's doing is productive?
Rean
Profile Joined February 2011
Netherlands808 Posts
November 20 2013 03:55 GMT
#119
On November 20 2013 12:52 Bereft wrote:
Rean, what do you think of Mocsta thus far?


Talks a lot, seems awfully certain of everything he says.
Corazon
Profile Blog Joined November 2011
United States3230 Posts
November 20 2013 03:57 GMT
#120
On November 20 2013 12:54 Aquanim wrote:
Show nested quote +

...
On that note, sciberia needs to stop analyzing the first page so hard and just discuss. We're not going to find scum on the first page. You guys just need to talk instead of being at each other's throats 30 minutes into the game.

The way I see it, sciberbia analysing the first page at least gives us something to talk about. Why don't you think what he's doing is productive?


I think it is sciberia either not understanding that the first page of a game is usually just joking around or he is trying to rock the boat ridiculously early in the game.

Seeing as sciberia is not new to this game, I think it's the latter.
Grubby's #1 Fan
Prev 1 4 5 6 7 8 145 Next
Please log in or register to reply.
Live Events Refresh
Replay Cast
00:00
2026 GSTL: Grand Finals
CranKy Ducklings113
LiquipediaDiscussion
OSC
23:00
OSC Masters Cup #151 Qualifier
davetesta30
Liquipedia
[ Submit Event ]
Live Streams
Refresh
StarCraft 2
RuFF_SC2 190
StarCraft: Brood War
Britney 11705
White-Ra 297
Dota 2
monkeys_forever786
NeuroSwarm141
febbydoto8
League of Legends
Doublelift5929
JimRising 656
Counter-Strike
minikerr23
Super Smash Bros
hungrybox793
Other Games
summit1g9605
Maynarde209
ArmadaUGS55
Mew2King37
Organizations
Other Games
gamesdonequick324
BasetradeTV192
StarCraft: Brood War
Kim Chul Min (afreeca) 9
[ Show 10 non-featured ]
StarCraft 2
• Hupsaiya 79
• Letter142
• AfreecaTV YouTube
• intothetv
• Kozan
• IndyKCrew
• Migwel
StarCraft: Brood War
• BSLYoutube
• STPLYoutube
• ZZZeroYoutube
Upcoming Events
Afreeca Starleague
8h 32m
Soma vs Jaedong
WardiTV Weekly
9h 32m
Monday Night Weeklies
14h 32m
Sparkling Tuna Cup
1d 8h
Afreeca Starleague
1d 8h
Leta vs Soulkey
PiGosaur Cup
1d 22h
Kung Fu Cup
2 days
The PondCast
3 days
Replay Cast
3 days
CranKy Ducklings
5 days
[ Show More ]
Online Event
5 days
FEL
5 days
BSL: Ladder Tournament
5 days
Sparkling Tuna Cup
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
BSL Open Qualifier
6 days
Liquipedia Results

Completed

Proleague 2026-09-27
Blizzard Classic Cup 2026
Calamity Invitational

Ongoing

ASL Season 22
Super Anchor Qualifying S3
CSL 2026 AUTUMN (S22)
Acropolis #5
1win Private Club #1
Logitech G Play Connect 2026
SL StarSeries Fall 2026
FISSURE Playground #3
BLAST Open Fall 2026
Esports World Cup 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer 2026
BLAST Bounty Summer Qual
Stake Ranked Episode 3

Upcoming

Acropolis #5 - GSB
Acropolis #5 - GSC
BSL Season 23
SC4ALL II: Brood War
BSL 23: Non-Korean Championship
HSC XXX
Stellar Fest 2: Lunar Cup
SC4ALL II: StarCraft II
Kung Fu Cup 2026 Grand Finals
RSL Offline Finals
Custodian Cup
Copium Cup
PGL Major Singapore 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 6
BLAST Rivals Fall 2026
IEM Beijing 2026
Stake Ranked Episode 5
PGL Masters Bucharest 2026
1win Private Club #2
Thunderpick World Champ. '26
ESL Pro League Season 24
Stake Ranked Episode 4
TLPD

1. ByuN
2. TY
3. Dark
4. Solar
5. Stats
6. Nerchio
7. sOs
8. soO
9. INnoVation
10. Elazer
1. Rain
2. Flash
3. EffOrt
4. Last
5. Bisu
6. Soulkey
7. Mini
8. Sharp
Sidebar Settings...

Advertising | Privacy Policy | Terms Of Use | Contact Us

Original banner artwork: Jim Warren
The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2026 TLnet. All Rights Reserved.